Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

You kinda have to admire how an unattractive woman can grift so many people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Zoe Quinn's depression quest basically treats depression as being lazy and aimless and justifying it as a medical problem tbqh

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

hey now, i think that if a crap indie game dev gets a job flipping burgers she should be paid the same as the 16 year olds making up the rest of the employees

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Photex posted:

Dig it up let's see if she stole the game too

I'm pretty sure this is it:

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/434271

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Mister Fister posted:

You kinda have to admire how an unattractive woman can grift so many people.

i actually am legit jealous. still an lol at the 4chan indiegogo getting hacked. did they keep all the passwords on themselves then get mugged?

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
She would probably have to change her appearance too.

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

DrPaper posted:

Zoe Quinn's depression quest basically treats depression as being lazy and aimless and justifying it as a medical problem tbqh

ME Quest

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

DrPaper posted:

Could have plugged the game jam supporting lady developers where all proceeds go to charity instead of your patreoon

Funny story, she actually shut that down. She complained that it was exploitative towards women, that the women would have to work for free (even though they get 8% of the profits), that a man is running the project and that it's not coming from her buddy-buddy region of San Francisco. When TFYC asked her how to change the campaign to not offend anyone and even offered her as a paying job as a consultant, she didn't reply. She then got her followers to DDoS the site and laughed it off.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Someone make DrunkQuest now.
http://technical.ly/philly/2014/07/21/william-stallwood-drunk-game/

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

horriblePencilist posted:

Funny story, she actually shut that down. She complained that it was exploitative towards women, that the women would have to work for free (even though they get 8% of the profits), that a man is running the project and that it's not coming from her buddy-buddy region of San Francisco. When TFYC asked her how to change the campaign to not offend anyone and even offered her as a paying job as a consultant, she didn't reply. She then got her followers to DDoS the site and laughed it off.

how does someone so repulsive in every single aspect of who they are get 5 dudes to bang her

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug

One correction because it makes the whole thing even more ridiculous.

So, actually, TFYC were worried that men might pretend to be women to enter that contest. I'm not making that up, you can listen here To that end, they included this weird caveat that like, if you identified as a woman, you had to have identified prior to a certain date.

Apparently, Quinn mistook this as meaning "no pre-ops/people without surgery allowed" and tweeted about how wrong that was. I don't know how it snowballed from there, but yeah, some weirdo follower of Quinn's doxx'ed the people at TFYC and revealed SSNs, phone numbers, etc. on Twitter.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Robo Reagan posted:

how does someone so repulsive in every single aspect of who they are get 5 dudes to bang her

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Robo Reagan posted:

Look at the 5 dudes and you've answered your own question

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

yeah but aren't they high profile nerds? you'd think they'd have some asian gf's or something like every other nerdy white dude on the planet

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug

Robo Reagan posted:

yeah but aren't they high profile nerds?

One wrote for Kotaku. That is about as high profile as this rabbit hole goes.

Phil Niekro
Jun 4, 2005

Ogre did nothing wrong.

Zartek
Nov 27, 2013

Robo Reagan posted:

but then she'd have to get a real job

check your privilege

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Phil Niekro posted:

Ogre did nothing wrong.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
http://www.reddit.com/r/SRSGaming/comments/22i1gz/gdc_vault_indie_soapbox_lots_of_good_talks_shawn/cgs6nl0

"Used to be".

Heh.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

slowbeef posted:

One correction because it makes the whole thing even more ridiculous.

So, actually, TFYC were worried that men might pretend to be women to enter that contest. I'm not making that up, you can listen here To that end, they included this weird caveat that like, if you identified as a woman, you had to have identified prior to a certain date.

Apparently, Quinn mistook this as meaning "no pre-ops/people without surgery allowed" and tweeted about how wrong that was. I don't know how it snowballed from there, but yeah, some weirdo follower of Quinn's doxx'ed the people at TFYC and revealed SSNs, phone numbers, etc. on Twitter.

Ah, my mistake. Then again...

TL;DR: Zoe ridiculing TFYC for dozens of tweets then backpedaling hard.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Phil Niekro posted:

Ogre did nothing wrong.

He became one of the nerds in the sequel.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Robo Reagan posted:

shes a loving huge bully
she's surrounded herself with a big clique that'll do whatever they can to help her out and it gave her a cushy way of life. nobody would talk poo poo about her, her poo poo could get publicized, and if you pissed her off she'd crash your gamejam and doxx everyone involved

now thats gone. i mean, all her friends are still ignoring the event, or covering it in a way that paints her as the victim, but she'll never be able to coast again. everyone knows what she did now, and any time her name comes up in a story tons of people, for better of for worse will bring up all this poo poo. her cuck clique of control is gone, everyone will remember her as a manipulative cucking bully for the rest of her career.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

I really enjoy their burgers, but I was never really a fan of their fries.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Ah, my mistake. Then again...

TL;DR: Zoe ridiculing TFYC for dozens of tweets then backpedaling hard.

wait youre running an event for women, but are a man? why the gently caress do you think we NEED YOU? *doxxes and ddos then brags about it on twitter*

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

DrPaper posted:

shes a loving huge bully
she's surrounded herself with a big clique that'll do whatever they can to help her out and it gave her a cushy way of life. nobody would talk poo poo about her, her poo poo could get publicized, and if you pissed her off she'd crash your gamejam and doxx everyone involved

now thats gone. i mean, all her friends are still ignoring the event, or covering it in a way that paints her as the victim, but she'll never be able to coast again. everyone knows what she did now, and any time her name comes up in a story tons of people, for better of for worse will bring up all this poo poo. her cuck clique of control is gone, everyone will remember her as a manipulative cucking bully for the rest of her career.

shame, maybe if she actually made a game she could break in to the ~video game industry~ instead of trying to convince everyone it's because she's a woman because tbh the games industry is full of repulsive human beings so she'd fit right in if she tried

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

is this the thread where you sign up to get cucked

asking for a friend

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
this is the thread where people say cuck a lot

no wait sorry that's every thread

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
Ed nm

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

did they find the gay planet

asking for a friend

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Rad Tad posted:

did they find the gay planet

asking for a friend

it was this gay earth all along

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Robo Reagan posted:

shame, maybe if she actually made a game she could break in to the ~video game industry~ instead of trying to convince everyone it's because she's a woman because tbh the games industry is full of repulsive human beings so she'd fit right in if she tried

reminds me of thats guys FB post were he's advised by an aquiantence of quinns by way of thinly veiled threat if he wants to make it as an indie gamer not to bad mouth zoe quinn
she'll have all the gents at cucktaku ruin your indie career before it even starts :twisted:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Is it supposed to be surprising or shocking to me that pretty much everyone in the industry is an irredeemable piece of poo poo? Because I'm getting old and I remember John Romero. All that's changed is that you have to be outraged all the time to suck off the tumblr crowd now.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

MrQwerty posted:

is it supposed to be surprising or shocking to me that pretty much everyone in the industry is an irredeemable piece of poo poo?

i think you're supposed to cynically accept it because if you talk about how much the games industry sucks some guy who never lifted a finger to help anyone brings up darfur war orphans and how they'd like the games no matter what or something

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

MrQwerty posted:

Is it supposed to be surprising or shocking to me that pretty much everyone in the industry is an irredeemable piece of poo poo? Because I'm getting old and I remember John Romero. All that's changed is that you have to be outraged all the time to suck off the tumblr crowd now.

man that's actually a great comparison, so much of this poo poo sounds like what came out about romero

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

MrQwerty posted:

Is it supposed to be surprising or shocking to me that pretty much everyone in the industry is an irredeemable piece of poo poo?

Oh hey this is pretty funny too

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
People who dislike Quinn, worse then ISIS. That would make a sweet meme.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

big duck equals goose posted:

noooo, now is the time of the *nods respectfully towards you* meme, we cant move to the next one yet

Zartek
Nov 27, 2013

big duck equals goose posted:

BRB Herding Christians up a mountain for genocide.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
Romero is a douche but at least he has actual worthwhile games on his resume, Daikatana notwithstanding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
internet people are insane

• Locked thread