Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Two new chapters of SKET Dance!

I lost it at the "cold fingers". :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimmybob
Mar 7, 2005

Holy poo poo how did I just now find out about this. I'm really looking forward to Onizuka messing with his new class. I hope Vertical licenses it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Has there been any word yet on plans to translate Boku no Hero Academia into English? The only translation I've found is in French and I really wanna read some anime superheroes.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Probably lack of interest from scanlators, or they've got a full plate of stuff to work on already, no good raws etc. Saiki Kusuo no Sainan didn't really get updates till this year, even though it started 2 years ago. A spike in popularity or an anime usually gets people's attention like what happened with Attack on Titan, which started in 2009, but only started getting translated in 2011. Just hope someone picks it up.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Jimmybob posted:

Holy poo poo how did I just now find out about this. I'm really looking forward to Onizuka messing with his new class. I hope Vertical licenses it.

It's going to be on crunchroll later this month.

crikster
Jul 13, 2012

start today
I'm getting interested in Buddhism lately, so is Tezuka's Buddha Manga a good story? I heard it's really long so is it worth the time?
The only other Tezuka I've read was Black Jack and it's a lot of fun for short reading bursts, but I want to marathon the Buddha.

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009
A new chapter of Birdmen finally.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

crikster posted:

I'm getting interested in Buddhism lately, so is Tezuka's Buddha Manga a good story? I heard it's really long so is it worth the time?
The only other Tezuka I've read was Black Jack and it's a lot of fun for short reading bursts, but I want to marathon the Buddha.

Buddha is really great. I'm not a Buddhist myself so I can't say, like, how accurate it is, but it's a drat good comic. I marathoned the whole thing and bought all the volumes, the translation from Vertical is great.

And it's a great gateway to mature Tezuka stuff like Ode to Kirihito or MW or Message to Adolf.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
New chapter of Twin Star Exorcists.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

This is getting really dark really fast, wow.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Has My Hero Academia been posted yet? Because it's a new series by the guy who did "Barrage" and "Oumagadoki Zoo", this time it's about lots of people getting superpowers and becoming Western-style superheroes! I love this guy's frenetic style! Let's count down the weeks until he gets canceled again. :suicide:

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

DrSunshine posted:

Has My Hero Academia been posted yet?

This looks interesting, but the translation is awkward as gently caress. I don't see myself following it if it hurts to read.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

New chapter of Tokyo ESP :woop:

The main heroes are finally back!

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Erg posted:

New chapter of Tokyo ESP :woop:

The main heroes are finally back!
Sweet! Now that's my cue to reread the series since chapters come out so sparingly

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Reminder: don't watch the anime it is real bad.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

DrSunshine posted:

Has My Hero Academia been posted yet? Because it's a new series by the guy who did "Barrage" and "Oumagadoki Zoo", this time it's about lots of people getting superpowers and becoming Western-style superheroes! I love this guy's frenetic style! Let's count down the weeks until he gets canceled again. :suicide:

It's got all the hallmarks of a lamb to the slaughter; Interesting world, an art style that doesn't make me want to puke, a theme that is Japan looking at itself and going "'the gently caress are you doing?" (Calling the abilities "Individually" is a tad on the nose but that nose has been asking for it for years). It looking like it won't go to a level of poo poo not even DC would touch?

It's a gonner.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
3 new chapters of Again!

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!
Imawabi no Dakini ends with an ignominious cancellation and hustles everyone back to their home planet. I don't know if I would call it a good or imaginative series, but I will say it had some of the angriest art I've ever seen.

buzmeg
Jul 8, 2004
The Megg of Buzz

Epoxy Bulletin posted:

I will say it had some of the angriest art I've ever seen.

It was mostly the eyes. The mangaka actually puts wrinkles.

And, I think he really just wanted to draw a manga version of Miley Cyrus.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
I'm not sure if this is the right place to talk about it but I didn't see anywhere else.

So I loved how ridiculous Sengoku Basara was back when it first aired. I heard they released a second season and then a movie but I never got a chance to see those, so I decided to start watching Judge End.

What the hell happened to the animation? One of the biggest draws of the original series was how well animated and ridiculous the fights looked, but here it just looks like they hired out the cheapest team they could get and let them have at it. What gives?

I mean the story also doesn't make a lot of sense but I'm not really going to hold a Dynasty Warriors knock-off that high in regard anyway.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

That is such a shame. I heard similar things about it back when it started but I love Sengoku Basara so much that I always want to try it out whenever I see it listed. Thanks for shoving that curiosity back down, I don't want to ruin the good memories.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Is anybody else reading Kingdom? (is it even technically Shounen? it has 5-10 flying heads per chapter)

I really enjoy its old school straight-forwardness. Power of friendship? Let me grab this here glaive and I'll show you. Tactics? Well, lets give them a try... fuuuucccckkkk tacticsssss.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Yeah. It gets talked about in the historical manga thread quite a bit.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

trucutru posted:

Is anybody else reading Kingdom? (is it even technically Shounen? it has 5-10 flying heads per chapter)

I really enjoy its old school straight-forwardness. Power of friendship? Let me grab this here glaive and I'll show you. Tactics? Well, lets give them a try... fuuuucccckkkk tacticsssss.

Yeah, there was a lot of talk about it in the historical manga thread when it was getting like 4-5 chapters a week. It's quieted down since then (because the scanlators caught up), but I'm still reading and enjoying it, though it's a little harder to follow the flow of battle with the slower pace of releases.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

I read through reading Tate no Yuusha no Narigari yesterday and it's pretty good. It's hard for a shounen to have antagonist that you genuinely hate.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Shields need more love.

V neeeeerds

toanoradian fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Sep 2, 2014

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
For a bunch of people who treat it like a VR game, those other guys sure don't seem to get proper party composition. Shield hero is like, the best tank they could possibly have. He's even got some CC abilities with that shield prison spell! You might be able to brute force early bosses, but sooner or later the difficulty will rise and they'll have to do things properly rather than just DPS things down.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
I just love how Spear Hero is going out of his way to gently caress over the Shield Hero. Seems like a bit of an over-reaction to me.

"He picked the shittiest weapon I think he could? I must ruin his life forever."

Granted I don't play MMOs. Is that a normal reaction?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Kuroyama posted:

I just love how Spear Hero is going out of his way to gently caress over the Shield Hero. Seems like a bit of an over-reaction to me.

"He picked the shittiest weapon I think he could? I must ruin his life forever."

Castigating a pariah seems like an effective way for a recently-joined member of society to solidify their bonds with their new fellow-citizens and gain prestige. The flimsy original justification for the pariah status doesn't matter once that status is established; from that point on each act against the pariah simply reinforces the appropriateness of the revulsion and sets a new baseline for future acts.

People on the internet will tell someone to kill themselves because that person likes the wrong video game, just to build e-cred. Give the same people a shot at fame, fortune, and women in bikini armor, and they'd probably gleefully flay someone in the public square.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Paracelsus posted:

Castigating a pariah seems like an effective way for a recently-joined member of society to solidify their bonds with their new fellow-citizens and gain prestige. The flimsy original justification for the pariah status doesn't matter once that status is established; from that point on each act against the pariah simply reinforces the appropriateness of the revulsion and sets a new baseline for future acts.

People on the internet will tell someone to kill themselves because that person likes the wrong video game, just to build e-cred. Give the same people a shot at fame, fortune, and women in bikini armor, and they'd probably gleefully flay someone in the public square.

plus they could smell the nerd on him and its the natural inclination of all godfaring peoples to crush nerds

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
There's actually minor reasons why the other heroes give him poo poo, and major reasons why the entire government does. Which was frankly more effort than I thought would be put into the story really.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Ok so I got to the part where he smuggles the level one monsters into the city by letting them latch onto him, since his defense is too high for their attacks to hurt him, so he can intimidate the shopkeeper - and I laughed. Guess I'm reading all of it.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Kuroyama posted:

Yes, look into what people say and do about people who use an unoptimal build in dungeons and poo poo.

Also, Is this translated frequently cause holy poo poo I'm hooked.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
It just started recently from what I understand. The lovely "no group" ones on Batoto are caught up to the Japanese releases, and the well done ones are only 2 chapters behind and will probably catch up before the next publication if its on a monthly release schedule.

Soth
Jul 21, 2004

My knife, you see... is coated in poison.
Please someone tell me I'm not the only person reading Kangoku Gakuen and enjoying it for the actual humor it occasionally has.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Fuego Fish posted:

Ok so I got to the part where he smuggles the level one monsters into the city by letting them latch onto him, since his defense is too high for their attacks to hurt him, so he can intimidate the shopkeeper - and I laughed. Guess I'm reading all of it.
Yeah, that bit was great. I'm hoping that it's going to be a regularly updated manga because I'm loving it so far.
The shopkeeper is such a bro :allears:

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

HiveCommander posted:

Yeah, that bit was great. I'm hoping that it's going to be a regularly updated manga because I'm loving it so far.
The shopkeeper is such a bro :allears:

I hate to burst everyone's bubble, but it's an adaptation of a light novel which tend to not have good track records of being regularly updated for whatever reason. Rpg stories are pretty fun though.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Allarion posted:

I hate to burst everyone's bubble, but it's an adaptation of a light novel which tend to not have good track records of being regularly updated for whatever reason. Rpg stories are pretty fun though.

Funnily enough, the manga's translation is further ahead than the LN in this instance.

Soth
Jul 21, 2004

My knife, you see... is coated in poison.

HiveCommander posted:

Funnily enough, the manga's translation is further ahead than the LN in this instance.

Ouch.

Well maybe Legendary Moonlight Sculptor will get a manga at some point. It's pretty close to the same thing, and a lot more realized.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Soth posted:

Ouch.

Well maybe Legendary Moonlight Sculptor will get a manga at some point. It's pretty close to the same thing, and a lot more realized.

It is getting a manwha, actually.