Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

sending death threats now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 349 days!

Notorious QIG posted:

yeah. it could've been so cool too :(

thats actually a p good description of most elder scrolls games. ambitious but rubbish

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 349 days!

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

bitch got a name like a jedi and eyebrows like a mannequin

lol

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

lmao

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

i don't really care about anita's videos but i knew they make nerds furious so i'm glad they exist.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Katana Gomai posted:

i don't really care about anita's videos but i knew they make nerds furious so i'm glad they exist.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
video highlights just how graphic violence gets a free pass in loving everything and are p grotesque and disturbing, i hadn't seen half of these and almost all of them seem way too graphic you couldn't get away with this poo poo in any other medium jfc add to it the violence portrayed as being done to other virtual human beings and it kinda makes me wonder about people who don't see any of it, and then defend it and make death threats

like is it so bad to acknowledge that that poo poo is raw and perhaps over done. also lol at watch dogs requiring that you let an assault happen to succeed in a mission holy gently caress what a terrible game

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
i take issues with her videos only talking about women WHY ISNT SHE FOCUSING ON MEN

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Gus Hobbleton posted:

i take issues with her videos only talking about women WHY ISNT SHE FOCUSING ON MEN

it's so hard being a while male aged 18-40

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

A'nita Sar Keesian

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Gus Hobbleton posted:

sorry comments are disabled for this video

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Notorious QIG posted:

A'nita Sar Keesian

yesssss a'nita feel the misogyny flow through you

give in to the d

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

hubris.height posted:

video highlights just how graphic violence gets a free pass in loving everything and are p grotesque and disturbing, i hadn't seen half of these and almost all of them seem way too graphic you couldn't get away with this poo poo in any other medium jfc add to it the violence portrayed as being done to other virtual human beings and it kinda makes me wonder about people who don't see any of it, and then defend it and make death threats

like is it so bad to acknowledge that that poo poo is raw and perhaps over done. also lol at watch dogs requiring that you let an assault happen to succeed in a mission holy gently caress what a terrible game

part of the problem is that the esrb is insane and arbitrary and doesn't really rate games ao ever outside of graphic sex

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Notorious QIG posted:

A'nita Sar Keesian

Darth Mysandrus

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 349 days!
hell yes the new dark souls 2 dlc is going to bring back the abyss greatsword

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

i need to hack a save file or create one, my guy is near the start of ng+ and i dont want to beat all those bosses again to get access to the DLC areas (ie. get to black gulch and wander into some new place)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
lol

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

Can't wait to be able to twitch stream my android games from a Kindle Fire TV.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

twitch isn't worth $1b imho

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Improbable Lobster posted:

part of the problem is that the esrb is insane and arbitrary and doesn't really rate games ao ever outside of graphic sex

i'm astonished that a us-based ratings agency gives no shits about violence or language but goes into apoplexy over a boobie

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Ahahaha, possibly the only fate worse than being acquired by google

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

flakeloaf posted:

i'm astonished that a us-based ratings agency gives no shits about violence or language but goes into apoplexy over a boobie

yeah same

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

wesley snypes posted:

hell yes the new dark souls 2 dlc is going to bring back the abyss greatsword

i have no idea what that is but i am excited for the new dlc, which are words i never thought a human being would say. the 10 bucks i paid for the last dlc was worth every penny and i have a blast getting owned in it. felt great beating that trio yesterday finally.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

anita sarkeesian is right. all that content is garbage and unnecessary. i hate that my industry still does this crap.

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Gus Hobbleton posted:

reminder that there was a kickstarter for "tropes vs. men in gaming" started in response to anita

they took the kickstarter money and ran off with it

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

i guess google is smarter than we think since they actually passed on twitch.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Number19 posted:

anita sarkeesian is right. all that content is garbage and unnecessary. i hate that my industry still does this crap.

she's right

she's also looking too hard for examples of it in a medium where that kind of effort really isn't necessary. using examples that don't really fit doesn't invalidate her point but it dilutes her message a bit

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
ugh she just talks about violence against women which happens like idk maybe a dozen times in every game meanwhile i have to kill like 5 billion MEN in order ot beat it i think men are the oppresed ones here

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

the top post in r/games right now is a screed about how kotaku staff have blogged about their friends' games thus violating their journalistic principles lmao

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

alpha backed that poo poo

totes worth it

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

flakeloaf posted:

she's right

she's also looking too hard for examples of it in a medium where that kind of effort really isn't necessary. using examples that don't really fit doesn't invalidate her point but it dilutes her message a bit

i agree that she tries too hard to make her examples fit her argument. regardless, it needs to stop and i'm glad someone is working hard to draw mainstream attention to it.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

flakeloaf posted:

she's right

tbf basically the entire series is countering "name one example :colbert:" which is exactly what bideo james needs

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Werthog 95 posted:

the top post in r/games right now is a screed about how kotaku staff have blogged about their friends' games thus violating their journalistic principles lmao
lol where was this outrage when ubisoft gave away tablets to reviewers w/ watch_dogs? or any of the times where reviewers are buddies w/ the people they cover? or the loads of free stuff, food, beer, etc that's given out at e3 and pax and stuff?

oh wait none of those involves harassing a woman on the internet

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Yodzilla posted:

she's pretty cute but i'm not a huge fan of sculpting the poo poo out of your eyebrows like that. just a personal preference tho

her eyebrows are the worst

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Werthog 95 posted:

i'm the objective "journalistic principles" in video game reviewing

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Space-Pope posted:

lol where was this outrage when ubisoft gave away tablets to reviewers w/ watch_dogs? or any of the times where reviewers are buddies w/ the people they cover? or the loads of free stuff, food, beer, etc that's given out at e3 and pax and stuff?

oh wait none of those involves harassing a woman on the internet

well the one target is patricia hernandez, who i'm pretty sure blogs about feminist stuff all the time, so there you go

• Locked thread