Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

The Bee posted:

But I thought the Villager was the one who buries people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
I've spent the past few hours alternating between excitement about playing as the Duck Hunt dog, and disappointment that his name is going to be "Duck Hunt."

Also I'm going to kick Nintendo's rear end for including Dark Pit but not Dark Samus.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Rudoku posted:

Fishing for another add-on to your avatar?
By the time the game is out Bicyclops's avatar will just be one gigantic mishmash of random faces, like this meme.

PS1 Hagrid
Sep 17, 2007

Smash is not actually a real game after all and everything has been a Kojima-esque mindfuck culminating in the release of Mach Rider II.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Rudoku posted:

When I buy a new avatar, if whoever is paying all the money for these wants to put Samus back, please do include Dixie with the Duck Hunt dog, as I have always wanted her to be in the Smashed Brother games. Thanks in advance, mysterious benefactor.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
If Kirby eats duck hunt will he get a duck hat or a dog hat?

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

There's this picture with the Chorus kids going around right now, but this one is confirmed fake.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

I can't tell if this is real or fake

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Rudoku posted:

Until there's video/photo evidence for the text-only leaks you can't really fault anyone for not wanting to get their hopes up. The smashboards leak looks pretty legit, but so did the gematsu(sp?) stuff until we got the Fire Emblem trailer thing, at which point it became ~UNDENIABLY FALSE~ and you had to be some kind of moron to have believed in it.

Actually, what was the original gematsu leak? Does any of the recent stuff reinforce or deconfirm it more?

Water-Raccoon
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Wow, that leak does look fairly convincing, especially the animations and the movements. It also proves kinda disappointing for me because the character choices are a bit.. Lackluster in my opinion(Bowser Jr. and Dark Pit?!). Wolf as supposed DLC(at least R.O.B. makes it in natively. Are we even sure character DLC is a sure thing this time around? Nintendo's MO is missing the boat hard as far as online goes, and I don't think there's been any official announcement regarding it. Just vague "we'll think about it" statements). I'll admit the shame, I actually wanted Krystal as more of a brawler-esque staff user(though Palutena's inclusion pretty much killed that dead the moment of announcement, which is why I wasn't keen on her being made real). Sure, I've still got several characters I'm interested in so this is firstworldproblems.txt but aside from Mega Man I've got about zero interest in the newcomers(in either the leaks or what's already been announced). So it'll be Brawl 2.0(not speaking mechanically, rather character-wise) for me. Maybe the Mii Fighters, but I can't use them online(with anyone) and will likely be unable to use them in more organized play so what's the point?

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
so this is all confirmation that I really need to start up and finish Xenoblade, right?

'Cause after Zelda/Sheik and Lucas's trophy I don't trust the trophy writers to not spoil Xenoblade's whole plot in Shulk's trophy.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Kurtofan posted:

"POTD: gently caress you you shitmongers"

picture of Sakurai's middle finger
Tomorrow's picture will just be a photo of Sakurai and his cat looking really sad.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Wild Knight posted:

so this is all confirmation that I really need to start up and finish Xenoblade, right?

'Cause after Zelda/Sheik and Lucas's trophy I don't trust the trophy writers to not spoil Xenoblade's whole plot in Shulk's trophy.

You could just not read the trophy text.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

[he says, running away]
but how will i know not to read the trophy text

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Oxyclean posted:

Until there's video/photo evidence for the text-only leaks you can't really fault anyone for not wanting to get their hopes up. The smashboards leak looks pretty legit, but so did the gematsu(sp?) stuff until we got the Fire Emblem trailer thing, at which point it became ~UNDENIABLY FALSE~ and you had to be some kind of moron to have believed in it.

Actually, what was the original gematsu leak? Does any of the recent stuff reinforce or deconfirm it more?

It was Megaman, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Pacman, Palutena, Little Mac, 'Mii Fighter'(exact wording was right for that one), 'a X/Y Pokemon' and Shulk. Not all of those were mentioned at once but the same guy added some to the list later after the first group was all confirmed.

I think he had legit info, especially in light of this footage, but not the full roster.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Wild Knight posted:

play it now or i'll spoil xenoblade myself

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Wild Knight posted:

Yes, please finish it.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Water-Raccoon posted:

Nintendo's MO is missing the boat hard as far as online goes, and I don't think there's been any official announcement regarding it. Just vague "we'll think about it" statements)being made real).

what the gently caress are you talking about

BrownClown
Dec 7, 2007

Will rap for smash leaks

Kurtofan posted:

I can't tell if this is real or fake

All of the other leaks were from a monitor. This one's on a 3DS somehow...

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Wild Knight posted:

but how will i know not to read the trophy text

As a spoiler for Duck Hunt: you can never kill all of the ducks, there are always more, and all is futility, like with life.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

[he says, running away]

Electric Phantasm posted:

play it now or i'll spoil xenoblade myself

Louisgod posted:

Yes, please finish it.

alright alright i'm going i'm going right now

Kelp Plankton posted:

It was Megaman, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Pacman, Palutena, Little Mac, 'Mii Fighter'(exact wording was right for that one), 'a X/Y Pokemon' and Shulk. Not all of those were mentioned at once but the same guy added some to the list later after the first group was all confirmed.

I think he had legit info, especially in light of this footage, but not the full roster.

Saying Chrom was playable and saying that the announcement trailer the day Robin/Lucina were revealed was supposed to be Shulk's was kinda damning though.

okay now I'm actually going to boot up xenoblade, right now

edit:

Bicyclops posted:

As a spoiler for Duck Hunt: you can never kill all of the ducks, there are always more, and all is futility, like with life.
you motherfucker what's wrong with you

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

BrownClown posted:

All of the other leaks were from a monitor. This one's on a 3DS somehow...

It's fake.

Water-Raccoon
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

MinibarMatchman posted:

I don't recall Nintendo themselves saying, "Character DLC is coming guys." I remember Sakurai stated that he'll think about DLC but not until after the game is out and already going, but nothing more concrete than that. Amiibos prove nothing as far as DLC goes, especially since I very strongly doubt that you could use, say, your Kirby Amiibo and get your Ultra Sword on in, say, Hyrule Warriors.

BrownClown
Dec 7, 2007

Will rap for smash leaks

Louisgod posted:

It's fake.

Yea, that's what I figure

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
So wait, we lost Ice Climbers, Wolf, Squirtle, Ivysaur and Lucas from Brawl. Got back Doctor Mario and Mewtwo from Melee.

Any word on ROB? I really liked his laser eyes.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Ah well poo poo, guess I can go ahead and go public

My contacts at the ESRB are telling me that Tingle is in, he has a zero suit as an alt skin, and he is very, very overpowered.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Zore posted:

So wait, we lost Ice Climbers, Wolf, Squirtle, Ivysaur and Lucas from Brawl. Got back Doctor Mario and Mewtwo from Melee.

Any word on ROB? I really liked his laser eyes.

ROB is in the screenshots.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

My uncle who works at Nintendo told me that Bicyclops is in because he seems so popular

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

MinibarMatchman posted:

Yeah, Nintendo's internet services have been pretty good as of late. Smash definitely isn't Mario Kart 8, but I'm confident that they know how important it is to not gently caress it up. Also they've actually been doing DLC for other games, so there's precedent.

God I can't wait for SUPERSmash TV.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Is there anyone who isn't excited by the prospect of DLC? In a full price fighting game it seems important that everyone should have access to the same characters without having to pay extra to potentially have an advantage.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

THE loving MOON posted:

God I can't wait for SUPERSmash TV.

Weird giant business man with tank treads for legs confirmed.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!
Oh great just when talk about the supposed screenshot leak had died down now there's more. Wish Sakurai would just post something relevant at this point.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

sout posted:

Is there anyone who isn't excited by the prospect of DLC? In a full price fighting game it seems important that everyone should have access to the same characters without having to pay extra to potentially have an advantage.
yeah but on the other hand DLC allows character additions after the game comes out

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

it's time

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

we're closer than ever to having pro matches consisting not just of marth, fox, and falcon but of bowser, "duck hunt," and villager, and this pleases me greatly

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Man as soon as I saw "600 new posts" I knew. Glorious days are ahead of us. Also ban everyone who denied the leak they have demonstrated their lack of an inner child and are therefore not fit to be Games posters.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

mancalamania posted:

I've spent the past few hours alternating between excitement about playing as the Duck Hunt dog, and disappointment that his name is going to be "Duck Hunt."

To be fair, his canonical name of "That loving Dog" would never have made it in.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Endorph posted:

yeah but on the other hand DLC allows character additions after the game comes out

This is true, but when something is "planned DLC" it basically just means they were already intending to put it in anyway. Unless it's literally an issue of time constraints.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Chaltab posted:

Oh great just when talk about the supposed screenshot leak had died down now there's more. Wish Sakurai would just post something relevant at this point.

Look back a few pages. there's basically indisputable video evidence now.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsKwxhG3ioc6FDKupmlVHZQ

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Aug 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!

AttackBacon posted:

Man as soon as I saw "600 new posts" I knew. Glorious days are ahead of us. Also ban everyone who denied the leak they have demonstrated their lack of an inner child and are therefore not fit to be Games posters.
Because close-up shots of Tharja's butt make the leak totally believable.

• Locked thread