Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Turnus posted:

Final eggy-face status

powerful

You are the worst for creating/posting this. You have the egg face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013

Reiley posted:

Hey I'm not reading a thousand new posts, what happened?

Read my very post on the very page you just posted your post on which sums it all up. A real leak happened, Youtube videos posted of Bowser Jr, Jigglypuff, Ganondorf, and Shulk. Nintendo has had the videos deleted.

Bowser Jr soars in.

Which, coupled with everything else, makes this appear to be 100% legit real roster.

Spectacle Rock fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Aug 25, 2014

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Turnus posted:

Final eggy-face status

powerful

my post was a joke, i swear, please no egg on my face :(

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Where the gently caress did I ever say anything about Duck Hunt being bad? Duck Hunt was like, the first video game ever played for a lot of people so yeah I can get behind it. Jesus Christ now you are just trying to stir up poo poo for your own amusement.

Swords is a legit problem because within FE, theres a bunch of cool characters that use Axes and Lances but nope gotta have Girl Marth.

You seem confused, I was merely saying that the "too many swords" complaint was a thread classic, back there in the bygone days of complaining about blue hair or lamenting that Waluigi was merely an assist trophy. It's an oldie, like Pac Man or Mr. Game and Watches.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Reiley posted:

Video got leaked and taken down by Nintendo. Koopa kids are apparently reskins of Bowser Jr. and Bowser Jr. rides around in his clown vehicle during battle

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
They could just make the ice climber one character instead of two if it was really all that taxing and buff him to make up for it.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Turnus posted:

Final eggy-face status

powerful

I'm A-OK with this development.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Turnus posted:

Final eggy-face status

powerful

good thing my post where i say "its fake" isnt in here or i would be seriously owned!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

mabels big day posted:

my post was a joke, i swear, please no egg on my face :(

Too late, yolk is already dripping down on the ground

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

gay skull posted:

Video got leaked and taken down by Nintendo. Koopa kids are apparently reskins of Bowser Jr. and Bowser Jr. rides around in his clown vehicle during battle

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttttttttt

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Gyra_Solune posted:

I wonder why people think Sakurai has some obsession with the Clown Car because it showed up twice in the whole series. It had a trophy in Melee, okay, a lot of things had trophies in Melee! So did a panda from Cubivore which sold almost negative copies. And it appeared in SSE...because Bowser was a major antagonist in that and there's no way the slowest character in the game is going to be making a dramatic exit on foot, so why not give him what he canon uses to get around long distances?

It's more that we know Sakurai has good enough taste to understand that the Koopa Clown Car loving owns.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Turnus posted:

Final eggy-face status

powerful

Yeah I'll own up to immediately dismissing it and then coming around as more stuff was figured out. The Tomodachi Life stage thing was probably the biggest sign to me, but I wanted more evidence aaaand now we have footage so it's all good.

I can still hardly believe Dr. Mario and Dark Pit are legitimate characters but here we are.

Gamwhiz1
Aug 15, 2012

Reiley posted:

Everyone's arguing about the oversexualization of Twinrova in new smash game

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Turnus posted:

Final eggy-face status

powerful

In it as a quote and with a clean, eggless face. I rule.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
So much :effort: because of my :words:

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Monicro posted:

I believe the leak cause Dr Mario fuckin ruled

The once and future king

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!

gay skull posted:

Where is the bolded coming from?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Spectacle Rock posted:

Thread is moving waaaay too fast... to anyone late to the game here are high lights of evidence that we cannot ignore. So reposting for people who jump to the last page and wanna know what's going on:

So, given all of the above information, that makes us believe the following is 100% real!

:siren:

Im

glad

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Chaltab posted:

There's a trophy of lemmy/whatever Koopa in the same Koopar car as Bowser Jr.

Illuen
Feb 18, 2011

All comedy is derived from fear.

Gamwhiz1 posted:

But more importantly, does Smash Bros. pass the Bechdel test?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Chaltab posted:

It's speculation mostly, but there's a few good reasons to believe it, mainly because

Trophy of Larry in the koopa klown kar, and he's never actually been in one in any other game to my knowledge

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Duck Hunt is real

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013

Gamwhiz1 posted:

Nobody is arguing over this.

More images here of leaked stuff, including more close up of ladies that our leaker decided to give us for some reason...

Click here for awesome: http://imgur.com/a/PzeCw

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Chaltab posted:

There's a screenshot featuring a trophy of Larry Koopa in a clown car, and I don't think he's ever had one of his own in any Mario games.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Duck Hunt seems like it potentially be Ice Climbersish, since it shows the dog and duck in frame, or it could just be like King Dedede or Diddy Kong and be able to make the ducks to throw at people or something.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Spectacle Rock posted:

Yes they are

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Spectacle Rock posted:

More images here of leaked stuff, including more close up of ladies that our leaker decided to give us for some reason...

Gerudo are sexy ladies

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
In retaliation, Sakurai removes everything not confirmed by these screenshots.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Excels posted:

In retaliation, Sakurai removes everything not confirmed by these screenshots.

Geno, nooooooo!!!

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Bicyclops posted:

You seem confused, I was merely saying that the "too many swords" complaint was a thread classic, back there in the bygone days of complaining about blue hair or lamenting that Waluigi was merely an assist trophy. It's an oldie, like Pac Man or Mr. Game and Watches.

Yeah, reading that post again I see that now. I really don't see how anyone could have a problem with Duck Hunt dog (other then naming him Duck Hunt is kinda stupid) because yeah, for basically everyone in the 80's Duck Hunt was how they got introduced to Nintendo in the first place.

Still pissed about lol swords and Shulk isn't helping either.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

mabels big day posted:

It's speculation mostly, but there's a few good reasons to believe it, mainly because

Trophy of Larry in the koopa klown kar, and he's never actually been in one in any other game to my knowledge

If you look closely, you can see that's Bowser Jr's clown car in particular since it has the 3D face. I think the Koopaling skins thing might be legit, as crazy and far-fetched as it sounds.

If that's true, though, they'll want to show it off in a video. That's a lot of work for a bunch of fan-favorite characters who people won't otherwise know are playable(even if they're just costumes). I would expect him to be the final newcomer trailer if we get another one.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Bye bye Goku

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Illuen posted:

But more importantly, does Smash Bros. pass the Bechdel test?

Actual situations in which people actually discuss Bechdel is actually cool and good and nobody would for Smash Brother.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Turnus posted:

Final eggy-face status

powerful

Pwned.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Spectacle Rock posted:

The reason (that the leakers are providing) is that these links are supposedly from a video reel that gets shown to the ESRB so it can give the game an accurate rating. That means everything that might be objectionable (including the cheesecake-y shots of the trophies) needs to be in it.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I hope we get a new Duck Hunt game on the Eshop with Wiimotes as the guns.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Gyra_Solune posted:

That said I still have no idea what was going through his head, I guess it's just an excuse to make all their swaps the Koopalings since people really like those guys now?

I have a feeling you have no idea what is going on in anybody's head.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Spacebump posted:

I hope we get a new Duck Hunt game on the Eshop with Wiimotes as the guns.

No. The Dog would just laugh at us more, you fool! That's all he's been waiting for for 20 years!

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Reiley posted:

Duck Hunt is real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Kelp Plankton posted:

If you look closely, you can see that's Bowser Jr's clown car in particular since it has the 3D face. I think the Koopaling skins thing might be legit, as crazy and far-fetched as it sounds.

If that's true, though, they'll want to show it off in a video. That's a lot of work for a bunch of fan-favorite characters who people won't otherwise know are playable(even if they're just costumes). I would expect him to be the final newcomer trailer if we get another one.

I remember that comment that accompanied the original Bowser Jr. leak saying that he had no alt costumes but instead each "costume" replaced the pilot with each of the Koopalings. My Smash main might just end up being m MK8 main if that ends up being true.

• Locked thread