Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

RabidWeasel posted:

No Heihachi moveset found so far, this is not the best of all possible worlds :(

Clearly it's the boss soul weapon we're not sure about yet, clearly,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batigh
Dec 21, 2009
Crystal Soul Spear has the same amount of casts as regular Soul Spear at 43 ATT. Did they actually increase the cast count?

EDIT: ahahahaha wow they are both unusably slow!

Batigh fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Aug 25, 2014

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Can you keybind the speedhack in CE? I'm considering a really dumb Kenshiro build and parrying someone and then punching them 800 times in ten seconds sounds like it would work perfectly.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Thumbtacks posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL7xWmD4R7o

oh jesus

from what the gently caress are you doing, a washing pole length katana with 150 counter damage, 300 base damage, scaling, can be infused, and also has a self buff

It isn't that good, far inferior to the Chaos Blade.

e: Also however they nerfed crits is retarded. In ng daggers do ~500 on a crit, ~1k in ng+, and other weak weapons (such as katanas) tend to do less or not much more damage than their regular attacks. Meanwhile poo poo with high AR can still oneshot/nearly oneshot.

ee: Wait what the hell are you talking about. at +5 the new katana has 180 AR, and a low S in dex (which equates to ~90 scaling bonus with 40 dex).

Genocyber fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Aug 25, 2014

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Genocyber posted:

It isn't that good, far inferior to the Chaos Blade.

e: Also however they nerfed crits is retarded. In ng daggers do ~500 on a crit, ~1k in ng+, and other weak weapons (such as katanas) tend to do less or not much more damage than their regular attacks. Meanwhile poo poo with high AR can still oneshot/nearly oneshot.

ee: Wait what the hell are you talking about. at +5 the new katana has 180 AR, and a low S in dex (which equates to ~90 scaling bonus with 40 dex).

Oh, I guess the info I got was wrong about the scaling. That's not so bad, then.

On the topic of nerfing crits, though...

That sounds a bit ominous.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Thumbtacks posted:

Oh, I guess the info I got was wrong about the scaling. That's not so bad, then.

As it is currently, the new katana, tho cool, is kinda bad. Lower damage than the good katanas, poo poo durability (nearly breaks after a fight, usually), a worse moveset (slower attacks and does not have true combos with either of its r1s), very high weight for a katana, and high str requirement for a katana.

quote:

On the topic of nerfing crits, though...

That sounds a bit ominous.

It's garbage.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Genocyber posted:

It's garbage.

What's it do?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

What's it do?

Nothing. it's just a weak dagger.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Genocyber posted:

Nothing. it's just a weak dagger.

...huh. Well, I'm not complaining.

Tested the other weapons yet? The Fume UGS looks suspiciously like the Dragonbone Smasher.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Is it possible to use that Cheat Engine thing to make a character / save game? I went to NG+ but lost the will to go on months ago. Id rather just be at the end game just before going to NG+ instead of going thru all the same old content again. I ask because I just want to hit up the DLC for more adventures.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Thumbtacks posted:

...huh. Well, I'm not complaining.

Tested the other weapons yet? The Fume UGS looks suspiciously like the Dragonbone Smasher.

Exact same moveset as the Pursuer's UGS, except for the 1handed r2s, which are slightly different downward strikes. Fantastic damage (which it should have given its super heavy and has high stat reqs); ~600 at 40/40.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Those pyromancies... yes please! Though I am slightly upset there's no fire nova spell in the game.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Genocyber posted:

Exact same moveset as the Pursuer's UGS, except for the 1handed r2s, which are slightly different downward strikes. Fantastic damage (which it should have given its super heavy and has high stat reqs); ~600 at 40/40.

Huh. Well that's not too bad, then.

Any weapons/armor stand out to you?

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

brb making Senator Armstrong build

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Thumbtacks posted:

Huh. Well that's not too bad, then.

Any weapons/armor stand out to you?

There's the Fume Sword, which is essentially a longer, weaker Sun sword. On a 40/40 build has ~200 physical and 90 dark damage.

After playing with it more, the new katana's decent. Definitely inferior to the Chaos Blade, but it's wider slashing r2s come in handy against multiple opponents.

SpruceZeus
Aug 13, 2011

dark souls 2 aka pretty princess dressup sim 2014

Why do I usually avoid the Heide Knight Chainmail? It looks awesome! Oh right its because I asceticed that bonfire like twenty times and got a whole pile of gauntlets and spears and eventually had to just give up and have my friend give me one because I ran out of ascetics OH WELL

I'm also pleased with how the spikes on the Shadow Gauntlets clip through the cestus and make them look extra intimidating. Yo what's the spikiest hat, the grave warden mask looks awesome in this outfit but it has no spikes!!! I guess the bandit helm is spiky but it looks SO DUMB

SpruceZeus fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Aug 25, 2014

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

SpruceZeus posted:

dark souls 2 aka pretty princess dressup sim 2014

Why do I usually avoid the Heide Knight Chainmail? It looks awesome! Oh right its because I asceticed that bonfire like twenty times and got a whole pile of gauntlets and spears and eventually had to just give up and have my friend give me one because I ran out of ascetics OH WELL

I'm also pleased with how the spikes on the Shadow Gauntlets clip through the cestus and make them look extra intimidating. Yo what's the spikiest hat, the grave warden mask looks awesome in this outfit but it has no spikes!!! I guess the bandit helm is spiky but it looks SO DUMB

Auruous helm is spikey

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Genocyber posted:

Auruous helm is spikey

he just said he has bad luck with ascetic farming, don't taunt him

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
Stone Ring is apparently +30 poise damage now, even in my wildest dreams I was not expecting them to make it this good. I mean it's great for me because I never use armour with poise anyway but it seems a bit unfair.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

RabidWeasel posted:

Stone Ring is apparently +30 poise damage now, even in my wildest dreams I was not expecting them to make it this good. I mean it's great for me because I never use armour with poise anyway but it seems a bit unfair.

Uh, doesn't that make Daggers OP in PvE now or am I not understanding poise?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Can confirm stone ring is buffed big time, I'm stunlocking with longsword R1s.

Also, the havelmonsters of the world are still trying to stack buffs.

Bigass Moth fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Aug 25, 2014

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Tae posted:

Uh, doesn't that make Daggers OP in PvE now or am I not understanding poise?

Daggers are typically a bit too short and you end up missing after a while but yeah you can stunlock a hell of a lot of enemies with a fast weapon + stone ring.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Batigh posted:

Crystal Soul Spear has the same amount of casts as regular Soul Spear at 43 ATT. Did they actually increase the cast count?

EDIT: ahahahaha wow they are both unusably slow!

Chiming in with yeah, if they added casts to CSS it must've just been them giving it a bonus cast earlier than 43 attunement. So for those playing along at home, it's now basically equivalent to sunlight spear.

The cast time with the bluestone ring on only seems slightly slower to me though. However, for some reason the vanilla soul spear is noticeably SLOWER to cast than the crystal version.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Manatee Cannon posted:

Nobody has been banned, period. Though what you need with more souls at that SM is beyond me. Why not just start a new character?

Not to spread terror, but even I have been forced to admit there might be something to the softban thing. A competent fellow I speak to thinks he's been hit.

Which is disgusting if true, mind you, because he's harmless while you have imbeciles running around crashing people with unlimited projectile spam via leaked tables with no repercussions. Chances are From can only detect egregious character edits reflected in the save, again assuming they are actually doing anything.

What I think will tell all is if the streamers who have been visited by that one person who gives them hacked Poison Binoculars +10 wind up banned.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Aug 25, 2014

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
I've taken this opportunity to farm Sunlight Medals off of the Old Iron King.

People are really bad at fighting this boss, huh?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Lock-on is a big mistake in that fight. And some of the King's punch attacks have wonky hitboxes.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

RabidWeasel posted:

Love how they nerf a bunch of OP stuff (or in some cases not OP stuff) and then make something non-OP OP. With the Stone Ring equipped, I'm pretty sure it's completely impossible for someone to poise through your attacks no matter how much they have.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Yaya posted:

It's always that loving lava pool, I swear to god. :argh:

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

Yaya posted:

I gently caress up against him sometimes, he's not entirely a pushover, but as long as you don't get hit multiple times in a row he's easy to heal through.

Any word on when the next DLC arrives? I see a fairly large patch in my steam downloads, is it soon? I haven't really been paying attention.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Cowcaster posted:

Chiming in with yeah, if they added casts to CSS it must've just been them giving it a bonus cast earlier than 43 attunement. So for those playing along at home, it's now basically equivalent to sunlight spear.

The cast time with the bluestone ring on only seems slightly slower to me though. However, for some reason the vanilla soul spear is noticeably SLOWER to cast than the crystal version.

Yeah, Soul Spear feels a lot slower to me, but I don't really notice any other changes between my other spells. I stick to resonant soul, HMCS, the Greatswords (though I only tried Dark), Great Heal, Dark Weapon.

Sounds like I should go kill Freja for her soul a couple times for CSS finally. It only takes up 1 spell slot right?

e: Oh gently caress it takes two now. Maybe I should just abandon the projectile sorceries altogether. Hexes are mostly better anyway.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Tallgeese posted:

What I think will tell all is if the streamers who have been visited by that one person who gives them hacked Poison Binoculars +10 wind up banned.

It will be a real shame if that's the case because that was an absolutely hilarious thing for that hacker to do.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

cat doter posted:

Any word on when the next DLC arrives? I see a fairly large patch in my steam downloads, is it soon? I haven't really been paying attention.
Crown of the Old Iron King will unlock 26-Aug.
Crown of the Ivory King has a 24-Sep release date.

Edit: If it's already the 26th in your timezone, then it'll probably be happy-DLC-fun time around the next time the steam store updates.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Aug 25, 2014

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Intensity 3 Brightstone has taught me these spiders have poison attacks that paralyze you and not just webs. I didn't know that. Also, gently caress.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

Raygereio posted:

Crown of the Old Iron King will unlock 26-aug.
Crown of the Ivory King has a 24-sep release date.

Why can't everyone be on southern hemisphere time IT'S THE 26TH NOW DAMNIT

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
does the....majestic greatsword get any additional scaling like it did before? Did the moves get property changes?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Cause Namco hates you. :v:

(Also cuz Namco is here in California)

edit: In response to cat.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
On the DLC side, I think parry-walking got patched or something so the days of 3+ hour speedruns are back.

edit: Sorceries have and always will suck, because Dark Orb at 30/30 faith/INT is a million times better than 90% of Sorcery with better scaling+Less resistance in general.

Tae fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Aug 25, 2014

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

RBA Starblade posted:

Yeah, Soul Spear feels a lot slower to me, but I don't really notice any other changes between my other spells. I stick to resonant soul, HMCS, the Greatswords (though I only tried Dark), Great Heal, Dark Weapon.

Sounds like I should go kill Freja for her soul a couple times for CSS finally. It only takes up 1 spell slot right?

e: Oh gently caress it takes two now. Maybe I should just abandon the projectile sorceries altogether. Hexes are mostly better anyway.

Oh yeah, when I said it was on par with sunlight spear now I meant the two slot, 3 casts combo package. Its advantage before was that it took one slot instead of two. Great Lightning Spear/Great Resonant Soul have sort of received a backhanded buff by virtue of not being as crummy a deal as CSS now.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Cowcaster posted:

Oh yeah, when I said it was on par with sunlight spear now I meant the two slot, 3 casts combo package. Its advantage before was that it took one slot instead of two. Great Lightning Spear/Great Resonant Soul have sort of received a backhanded buff by virtue of not being as crummy a deal as CSS now.

I don't think I even want to try for CSS. All my spells combined did half Freja++'s health. gently caress that noise, she's lovely enough to hurt with melee weapons on NG. Guess I'm replacing Resonant Soul with Dark Orb and my two soul spears with GRS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
So I guess the DLC is playable now, if you can hack into it? Just like the last one I suppose. I'm actually surprised From's copy protection on its paid DLC amounts to "we lock one door and only give you the key if you own the DLC," given how easily bypassed that apparently is. Don't tell me how though, I've got poo poo to do before tomorrow and I got the season pass. I'm just jealous of the folks who jumped the gun and baffled that From puts the entire DLC area into the patch like that.