Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Man if Ice Climbers are out for Duck Hunt Dog I'm gonna be pissed. Unless Mach Rider is in, then I'll be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Sakurai's gonna feast on the leaker's heart to stay youthful for another three decades.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

mabels big day posted:

I'll defend him with my life, if necessary

Same, but unironically.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Excels posted:

loving dumb idiot leaker got caught for having a brazilian tv lmao

he could have sold that leaked footage to kotaku or something and made a real chunk of change. now he's got a hard copy of the game and nothing to lose. if he's already going to jail he oughta reveal everything or sell it

Why would Kotaku accept that? What about their journalistic integrity?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
How did having a Brasilian TV give him away? Is there an article, sounds juicy?

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

greatn posted:

How did having a Brasilian TV give him away? Is there an article, sounds juicy?

it literally just happened

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Why would Kotaku accept that? What about their journalistic integrity?

Hahahahahahahaha this is a joke right

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Unthinkable! Joking around is forbidden in this, the Super Smash Bros. thread.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

TheKingofSprings posted:

Yes.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Ahahaha, you loving idiot, chickens don't cross roads for such stupid reasons! Is this for reaL?

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Why would a guy in Brazil work for NoA and interact with the ESRB?

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Countblanc posted:

Ahahaha, you loving idiot, Ridley isn't playable! Is this for reaL?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

And now I don't know which bits are true and which bits are bullshit. This is way better than an official reveal. poo poo all over the place.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Devour or Fire posted:

I've thought about it and Duck Hunt is going to own because he will use items so it'll be like Scooby Doo running around hitting people with a beam sword or laser gun.

Any game that lets you be a dog is A++

If this leak is false I'm going to be brushed

Gamwhiz1
Aug 15, 2012

Kilometers Davis posted:

Any game that lets you be a dog is A++

If this leak is false I'm going to be brushed

Another reason everyone should play KI: U

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Duck Hunt is no faux paw

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

robot roll call posted:

Why would a guy in Brazil work for NoA and interact with the ESRB?

Brazil is in America?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Raserys posted:

Man if Ice Climbers are out for Duck Hunt Dog I'm gonna be pissed. Unless Mach Rider is in, then I'll be fine.

Yes, I too will be angry if the obscure character is out for the one everyone probably heard of from the virtue of simply owning a NES, unless some other obscure character no-one's ever heard of is in.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

McDragon posted:

And now I don't know which bits are true and which bits are bullshit. This is way better than an official reveal. poo poo all over the place.

Only believe the video and pictures from the ESRB video. The rest is probably BS.

In Tharja's rear end I trust.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Blackheart posted:

Only believe the video and pictures from the ESRB video. The rest is probably BS.

In Tharja's rear end I trust.

Tharja's rear end is the weakest proof though. How many thousands of people have already modelled that, really.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Can't believe they went with Dark Pit rather than Dirk Pitt

Keith Stack
Nov 5, 2008

The jerk who leaked this better face some serious jail time for spoiling my cartoon character crossover fighting video game. I hope he gets the chair!

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Since it got kinda lost with the leak and all that, reminder to listen to this sweet tune they uploaded.

blue font
Feb 28, 2011
It's disappointing that we seem to have gotten Brawl Ganondorf with slightly more special effects :(

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

greatn posted:

Brazil is in America?

I just figured they had their own Nintendo branch and ratings board and so on.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Blackheart posted:

Since it got kinda lost with the leak and all that, reminder to listen to this sweet tune they uploaded.

gently caress that poo poo, this is the hot tamale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTqK3kOXw28

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
They legit shoulda called Dark Pit Pittoo

robot roll call posted:

I just figured they had their own Nintendo branch and ratings board and so on.

Pretty sure all of America uses the ESRB.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

blue font posted:

It's disappointing that we seem to have gotten Brawl Ganondorf with slightly more special effects :(

This was probably the best news after Shulk. Fist Wizard Ganondorf is the best Ganondorf, and now I don't have to worry that they gave him a dumb sword or magic.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Keith Stack posted:

The jerk who leaked this better face some serious jail time for spoiling my cartoon character crossover fighting video game. I hope he gets the chair!

People on reddit pretty much are saying exactly this. Dude totally RUINED A MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR MARKET PLAN.

Pack it up folks, you heard it, Smash 4 won't sell now that characters have leaked. Don't even think about buying it.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Oxyclean posted:

Yes, I too will be angry if the obscure character is out for the one everyone probably heard of from the virtue of simply owning a NES, unless some other obscure character no-one's ever heard of is in.

It's almost like exaggeration or something

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I'm sure he'll be fired, and held financially accountable for whatever his NDA specified, but I doubt he'll be criminally prosecuted for anything.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Everyone really like Xenoblade's music, but I'm personally hoping for some of the battle tracks from Baten Kaitos.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
A multi-million dollar marketing plan that included releasing the game in Japan first, ensuring most of the audience would have the roster spoiled for them anyways. :geno:

Honestly for me this leak is a more positive way to find out than this stuff coming out as people in Japan get their hands on the game. The sense of discovery wasn't going to be there either way, but now I'll only be jealous that they're getting to play it.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
A more rational response would be "Let's keep the info to ourselves, or at the very least, let's not spoil it for any younger siblings who may be getting the game!"

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

I don't have revenge fantasies on the dude, but he deserves to be fired and sued because he signed a piece of paper saying "if I gently caress this up I'll be fired and sued."

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
Man, Shulk being in this has me way too excited right now, especially with how awesome his victory theme is.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Erebus posted:

I don't have revenge fantasies on the dude, but he deserves to be fired and sued because he signed a piece of paper saying "if I gently caress this up I'll be fired and sued."

I don't think the guy should have is life ruined for letting us know fighting game characters a week early. Controversial, I know, but I'm a renegade.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Countblanc posted:

I don't think the guy should have is life ruined for letting us know fighting game characters a week early. Controversial, I know, but I'm a renegade.

Then he shouldn't have signed a contract that says he would be fired and sued if he did the thing that he ended up doing.

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
I think he should be made into a smash character whether or not he could survive the process

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Man, the Pic of the Day is probably going to seem very boring tomorrow. :(

• Locked thread