Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Matt, tell Woolie to buy a crossbow. Or get one in Earthen Peak.

edit: Goddamn, Woolie's balls are back. I never tried dodging through the Chariot's wheels.

Tae fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Aug 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Yeah Matt sorry, that roll puts Woolie above you in the rankings.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

You forgot something

Commissar Ken posted:

Official Best Friends ranking: Zach>Matt=Pat>Woolie>Plague of Gripes>2Snacks>Various Dorkgirls>Billy and the Shamecar>Liam the hatemonger>James Smalls.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Woolie is in the status he is for eternity because of the Nuzlocke.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Haven't seen all of their videos but Woolie's involvement in Fighterpedia cements his status as > Pat.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Woolie repped Sacrifice out of nowhere in one of the videos so that clearly makes him the bestest super friend.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Zach >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Matt = Pat = Woolie = Liam

I mean did you even see that tiny sombrero?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Pat=Naoto, Matt=Chie, Woolie=Kanji, Liam=Rise, Zach=Nanako, Plague=Izanami, discuss.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Pat=Guts, Matt=Skull Knight, Liam=Puck, Woolie=Donovan

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

My favorite moments are where Pat is legitimately really excited and happy about something. That said, my other favorite moments are where Pat is real fuckin pissed off.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

beep by grandpa posted:

My favorite moments are where Pat is legitimately really excited and happy about something. That said, my other favorite moments are where Pat is real fuckin pissed off.

Pat pretty much has the best highs and lows of the group. I love hearing Matt go from HYPE AS HELL AW YEA THIS IS THE BEST to just kinda...sad and defeated...but Pat always is one of the most emotive dudes when he's either super happy and into things or he just hate's something to its very core.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Rodyle posted:

Pat=Naoto, Matt=Chie, Woolie=Kanji, Liam=Rise, Zach=Nanako, Plague=Izanami, discuss.

Why are Pat and Liam each other's waifus

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Rodyle posted:

On what planet is Plague not Mara

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

Rodyle posted:

Yeah Matt sorry, that roll puts Woolie above you in the rankings.

I'm not worried. I'm sure he'll do something in the next few days that will drop him back down to his usual spot. :p

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

TheRealestMatt posted:

I'm not worried. I'm sure he'll do something in the next few days that will drop him back down to his usual spot. :p

I'd like to think, and hope you can corroborate, that Woolie's life goes from doing something cool to instantly living the life of the infomercial people who drop plates and thank Obama. Just rapid fire all day long back and forth.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

TheRealestMatt posted:

Tsk tsk tsk

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

I have no idea what this is, but it's a thing of beauty.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Not to diss on the guys but I think the MK LP might have been a bit better solo. Or maybe just with a test run before starting. The game's clunky enough that two players constantly focusing on it kinda detracts from it, if only because both are a bit too focused. I'm hoping Baraka and Shao Khan don't turn out to be nightmares at least, they're obnoxious even alone.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

HGH posted:

Not to diss on the guys but I think the MK LP might have been a bit better solo. Or maybe just with a test run before starting. The game's clunky enough that two players constantly focusing on it kinda detracts from it, if only because both are a bit too focused. I'm hoping Baraka and Shao Khan don't turn out to be nightmares at least, they're obnoxious even alone.

Baraka's gonna be a loving bitch but I think Shao Khan is actually easier co-op...ko-op...if I'm not confusing my MK games?

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

This Saturday Morning Fisticuffs was pretty drat good

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Seriously it's a seriously good rear end game.

Also the Fatal KOs are the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXQ91-06nzA

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Also we americans totally know who Red Green is especially if we stayed up till midnight or so watching PBS because that's when he'd come on.

Commissar Ken fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Aug 23, 2014

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

No Matt Ken does do that laser beam poo poo against souther but arguably that could just be him punching the air super hard like Raoh does just with more burning spirit.

HnK2 has a shitfuck ton of laser beams though.

Chrispurple
Dec 29, 2012

Oh man, this is gonna be great.
I am so loving hyped for Woolsworth the Black Swordsman! The only thing that'll make it even better is if he just ends up being a complete gently caress up.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

The burning house is the house where rei died by the way.

e: Also that move raoh did at the end was tensei musou that allows you to teleport or something. Kenshiro can do it too.

Stairmaster fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Aug 24, 2014

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Man, the chariot wheels are a poo poo lot more lenient than I thought to dodge through. Woolie doesn't even have 100 ADP I think.

Anyways, is Youtube loving up uploading because the last couple of videos have been weird in quality.

Edit: I think the red bull is killing Pat's brain. He keeps thinking you fat roll if you hit above 60% weight load.

Tae fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Aug 24, 2014

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Pretty much 15 to 25 ADP is enough for rolling. It's just 25 ADP just gives you more window for error in case you mis timed a roll. And yes I do love rolling against the chariot. Kinda hard to take down down 4 skeletons with your fist, crammed into a hole with no shield. That bleed damage stacks up stupid fast. Sides more fun to see the skeletons run with you and then completely get blasted when hit by that chariot.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Pat's totally wrong by the way, 2h giant's club is the best strength weapon in the game. :colbert:

And yeah the RoLP is loving broken. It's weird because From clearly know it exists, some of the patch changes affected how much it costs to repair, but they've never actually changed the way it functions. I think they deliberately put it in as a sort of pity-mode for people who didn't like the new hollowing mechanics.

MechanicalTomPetty fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Aug 24, 2014

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I didn't even consider that you could repair them until the end when I only had 3 bosses to go and found out by accident when I decided to say gently caress it and use them for help fighting the double boss of those three. It simply just never occurred to me that From would let something like that happen.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
ROLP? Oh the ring of life. Yeah that was probably one of the most confusing decisions ever made. It kinda takes out the whole oh I lost all my souls and the dangers of hollowing aspect out.

As the other poster said, probably a pity mode considering they were trying to get more people to play Dark Souls 2. Maybe that's what they meant for casuals. :v:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Boy, this is going to be a painful Earthen Peak run if Pat actively tells Woolie to not equip the moss.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

In the last podcast when everyone shouts the name of a game at the same time it was literally impossible to tell what they said. It was a Namco thing.

Rodyle posted:

Yeah there's nothing really special about SA except for LP and the ability to pay money to post on/look at an internet forum (which I did so oh well). If you want scans, video game news leaks, and poo poo like that, 4chan and (I imagine, having never been there) Neogaf are much better. AS for conversation, it can be (and often is) a lot worse in a more anonymous setting but it can also be a lot better (and, again, often is).

The conversation on neogaf can be unbearable because of the tone though. Like I dunno if this makes sense but it feels like everyone is talking as a kotaku article headline? At least on SA you usually feel like the people posting are for the most part adults.

Also the offtopic boards on gaf can be gamefaqs levels of terrible and I don't think people posting on SA stick exclusively to games do they?

THE AWESOME GHOST fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Aug 25, 2014

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Doesn't the greatsword have the golf swing on run attack that most of the ultrags have? Guessing pat forgot about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEXabqeXQCM

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The golf swing is on the low bullet point of things Pat is either misinformed or doesn't know.

edit: Hey I bet Pat is conveniently forgetting during his rant on Big Dumb Guy with Hammer that Big Dumb Guy with Boulder populated half of bottom Blight Town. And the top had Big Dumb Guy with Club. Why are they in Blight town, Pat

Tae fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Aug 26, 2014

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Podcast is up.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Matt is right about that Bojack Horseman show.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Drop your shield. No you did it wrong. Perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Jeez, Woolie hasn't finished watching Dear Zachary? If he thinks what he's seen so far is soul crushing... :smith: