Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.
The Ice Climbers could be one of the remaining 5 (If there are in fact a remaining 5). I don't particularly care about them myself, but I would find it odd that they'd be cut, since they were in Melee and Brawl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!

Color Printer posted:

I can't believe that by having Omega Mode on the screenshot, this boring-rear end PotD actually confirms the entire leak in one fell swoop. loving hilarious.
So basically my earlier wish that Sakurai posted something confirming or debunking the link actually came true in the most redundant (because of Nintendo's copyright claim) and unexpected way possible. Sakurai you magnificient bastard, you were the leaker all along weren't you!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Is the "remaining 5" thing just because the menu looks like it can hold 5 more? Or did the leaker say there were 5 more characters?

Glenn565
Aug 1, 2009

Countblanc posted:

Is the "remaining 5" thing just because the menu looks like it can hold 5 more? Or did the leaker say there were 5 more characters?

The former.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013

Countblanc posted:

There were 5 empty spaces, but also one of the other screenshots showed a locked Allstars mode, and if the older games are anything to go by then the roster we saw didn't have everybody unlocked.

Which brings up the question: are they just simply yet-to-be-unlocked, or are they reserved spaces for dlc, or something else entirely?

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

Countblanc posted:

The menu is the reason 5 is the number given, but as far as I know, the leaker hasn't confirmed anything beyond the screen shots. People claiming to be the leaker or to have heard from him have said there are more characters, or DLC characters coming, but it's multiple people with different lists of five and there's no way to know if any of them, let alone which one, is correct.

e; VVV

Glenn565 posted:

It sure as hell isn't going to be DLC, as that's been debunked many times already.
No it really hasn't? As in, the official word on DLC is "Maybe"

I'm reasonbly sure that the most common claim of the missing Brawl Vets and Ridley as DLC is completely bullshit but then I was skeptical about this leak too.

Chaltab fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Aug 26, 2014

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Check out the player names to see who to bet on! For instance, 42069 is probably going to do nothing but taunt.

Also prediction for last 5: Mewtwo, Wolf, Dixie, Ridley, Celice Baldos Chalphy.

Glenn565
Aug 1, 2009
It sure as hell isn't going to be DLC, as that's been debunked many times already.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Glenn565 posted:

How do you divine post-launch plans from footage intended for the ESRB? I don't recall the possibility for DLC being outright denied by Nintendo, either.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

Endorph posted:

Also prediction for last 5: Mewtwo, Wolf, Dixie, Ridley, Celice Baldos Chalphy.
If we're going to do that: Ice Climbers, Dixie, Viridi, ChorusMen, Impa

e; vvv

Kurtofan posted:

Kind of funny calling the new POTD boring when it confirms a new mode, the leak has made you guys lose perspective a bit.
Considering the leak itself included the spectator mode it's kind of all part and parcel.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Kind of funny calling the new POTD boring when it confirms a new mode, the leak has made you guys lose perspective a bit.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Kurtofan posted:

I hardly think "mode where you watch other people play the game that was also in previous version" is really groundbreaking

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

here is a list of reasons why Celice Baldos Chalphy should be in the game:

1: He's from the second best FE game
2: He has a first, middle, and last name, making him the only nintendo character in history to have a full name
3: he is a tiny little guy to the point that his class is called 'junior lord'
4: I like this japanese fanart of him. it's pretty and makes him look cute
5: FE needs at least 13 characters, one for every game
6: I want to pat him on the head
7: he could be another marth clone
8: Actually you could probably just make Lucina even shorter and give her a ponytail and a longer cape
9: I asked Hideki Kamiya on twitter and he called me a retard and blocked me
10: FE4 has good music.
11: I was going to try to get to 13 reasons because of 13 FE games but I ran out of reasons
12: Actually some people count Akaneia Saga as an FE game, making 14
13: But that's stupid because that was just downloadable maps for FE3 on SNES. And there were only like 3. And they were included as bonuses in FE12 anyway
14: Wait gently caress

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

His name's Seliph, idiot. :rolleyes:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Terper posted:

His name's Seliph, idiot. :rolleyes:
I bet you watch anime dubbed

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Chaltab posted:

paper mario and 4 fire emblem characters because gently caress You

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

None of that poo poo matters because Hector is the best FE lord

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

HalfHazard posted:

None of that poo poo matters because Hector is the best FE lord
I don't want to pat Hector on the head.

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Endorph posted:

I don't want to pat Hector on the head.

You should instead give him a pat on the back for being so great

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Endorph posted:

I bet you watch anime dubbed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2Q6AwrGUkQ&t=5s

to answer your question though: yes

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Kung-Fu Thomas will have his time in the spotlight, just you wait and see

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

4chan just found out that MOTHER loving LEAKER is a fraud and lied about Ridley and all that and are now posting his personal information for "loving with them and lying about the last five spots"

Remind me to never joke if I get my hands on a early screenshot :stare:

Edit: Those not caught up few guys posted screenshots and roster lists of "the final five!!". Every single one of them was revealed to be a complete idiot and a fraud. The original leak made no mention on if there even is a final five so people are just being hopeful

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Aug 26, 2014

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

4chan just found out that MOTHER loving LEAKER is a fraud and lied about Ridley and all that and are now posting his personal information for "loving with them and lying about the last five spots"

Or do something as fuckin stupid as leaking information from a game you signed an NDA not to reveal anything about rofl

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

If you make light of Ridley's presence in Smash 4, you suffer the consequences, imo.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Lemming posted:

Or do something as fuckin stupid as leaking information from a game you signed an NDA not to reveal anything about rofl

He isn't the source of the images. It's how he got debunked actually as someone gave him a cropped unreleased image and said "don't show anyone". First thing he did was make a cypher on 4chan with said image while screaming about Mach Rider and Ridley, guys who fed him the image then demanded he post the full picture if he's real and he hosed off

sout
Apr 24, 2014

I'm skeptical about the "final five" because if this was supposed to be a video that showed all the content of the game, they wouldn't exclude characters.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Edit: Those not caught up few guys posted screenshots and roster lists of "the final five!!". Every single one of them was revealed to be a complete idiot and a fraud. The original leak made no mention on if there even is a final five so people are just being hopeful

You think this is funny? That this is a game? This is mother loving Smash Bros and if you aren't a Bro then You. Will. Get. SMASHED!

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

He isn't the source of the images. It's how he got debunked actually as someone gave him a cropped unreleased image and said "don't show anyone". First thing he did was make a cypher on 4chan with said image while screaming about Mach Rider and Ridley, guys who fed him the image then demanded he post the full picture if he's real and he hosed off

Wow there's way too much poo poo involved. Also whoever gave him the image in the first place is also an idiot then.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
If I were leaking a Smash Bros roster, I'd change/add/remove a single character, but keep the rest accurate, just to gently caress with people.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Cleretic posted:

If I were leaking a Smash Bros roster, I'd change/add/remove a single character, but keep the rest accurate, just to gently caress with people.

Tharja butts in

Mr. Kerstbal
Sep 2, 2011

ORIGINAL MONKEY FUCKER
Guys I'm not going to read all of this gay poo poo. Please tell me. IS DIXIE KONG GOING TO BE IN THIS GAME

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Mr. Kerstbal posted:

Guys I'm not going to read all of this gay poo poo. Please tell me. IS DIXIE KONG GOING TO BE IN THIS GAME

No, but Candy Kong is.

Mr. Kerstbal
Sep 2, 2011

ORIGINAL MONKEY FUCKER
Hell yeah.

Gamwhiz1
Aug 15, 2012

Cleretic posted:

So what you're saying is Gematsu leak is reconfirmed, they added Chrom just to gently caress with us nerds and Chorus Men are guaranteed gotcha

E; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTeBHMcXjuA

Gamwhiz1 fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Aug 26, 2014

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Lemming posted:

Tharja butts in

I'm glad Tharja isn't in because god knows Zero Suit Samus is bad enough but I'm kind of disappointed that there won't be a reveal with this as the text.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Chaltab posted:

Dixie Kong, Ridley, Mewtwo, Chorus Kids, and a surprise twist revealing that modern Mach Rider has been hiding in plain sight all along:

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Yeah, the only text leak to trust is this one: http://i.imgur.com/g4eo9lj.jpg

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I wonder if Sakurai sneakily confirmed the leak on purpose or if this was just the PotD he had lined up anyway.

Mennonites Revenge
Feb 13, 2012

Lack of electricity... is my destiny...

Chaltab posted:

When Viridi joins the battle, Alfonzo is in charge of killing humanity in the KI stage. "Leave it to me!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Turnus posted:

Final eggy-face status

powerful

i hope to say dumb enough poo poo one day that someone makes an image featuring my posts

edit: drat somehow i ended up in games wtf

• Locked thread