Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The General posted:

Out of everything, that bolded part pisses me off the most. While I've never listened to a giant bombcast, or read any articles on their site, or even have any idea of what they do. People who ummm, ahhh, and like all the time shouldn't be allowed to podcast.

there's a little thing called freedom of speech, commie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
More people talking against Zoe and getting in trouble for it.

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

still can't believe klepek hasn't written about the whole ordeal somewhere. you'd think a guy with pubes growing out of his head and face is p much always thinking about sex

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

horriblePencilist posted:

Incestuous really is the word to use with this group, isn't it? I mean goddamn

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Rad Tad posted:

still can't believe klepek hasn't written about the whole ordeal somewhere. you'd think a guy with pubes growing out of his head and face is p much always thinking about sex

Most journalists refuse to write about this because it's getting harder and harder to change the narrative in Zoe's favor because there's just so much poo poo against her.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

zoe giving a speech at pax on the matter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo4cFViNLes

Fluo
May 25, 2007

A friend told me this whole Zoe Quinn clusterfuck should be read as you listen to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkFH0KMO0G0

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

"whore"
"sociopathic slut"

That really convinced me!

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

"whore"
"sociopathic slut"

She could realistically be called both of those things.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Yeah, but when you're a journalist TRYING TO UNCOVER THE TRUTH I think there are some standards, you know?'

e: Especially when her critics are claiming not to be misogynists

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
yea you should be better wit words if its your job

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Yeah, but when you're a journalist TRYING TO UNCOVER THE TRUTH I think there are some standards, you know?

He resigned, he's not a journalist anymore

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

boom boom boom posted:

Was he ever?

The General
Mar 4, 2007

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Probably yeah, but it's still improper.

While it doesn't invalidate the rest of his post, it kind of makes me take it with a :jerkbag: stride

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

"whore"
"sociopathic slut"

You sound just like his editors that are trying to silence the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

Actually from the first sentence he's a proper journo and gaming journalism is a hobby, gonna have to start scanning Reuters more carefully for words like 'oval office-havers'

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

He's more of a "hobbyist".

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

A. Beaverhausen posted:

That and I'm pretty sure it's not a journalistic piece but an angry tumblr rant about having to leave his hobby because it got co-opted by a creepy hivemind.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

This keeps alternating from just between Dumb poo poo and Real Dumb poo poo with slight flickers of Extremely Dumb poo poo

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

The General posted:

Probably yeah, but it's still improper.

While it doesn't invalidate the rest of his post, it kind of makes me take it with a :jerkbag: stride

True, but he's definitely right about the gaming journalism industry spending what nonsexist credibility they have
on defending the likes of ZQ.

Automatic Slim fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Aug 26, 2014

spiky butthole
May 5, 2014
Apparently the cuck is doing an ama on reddit. I wonder if he is going to cuck gently towards you...

*edited for phone autocorrect

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug

Automatic Slim posted:

True, but he's definitely right about the gaming journalism industry spending what nonsexist credibility they have
on defending the likes of ZQ.

Gaming journalism is right up their with military intelligence far as joke oxymoron's go.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

EA Sports posted:

zoe giving a speech at pax on the matter

She's gotta be crazy to actually think she can show up at PAX. It'll be awesome to see her try and spin this back in her favor to a room that's booing over everything she says.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

VJeff posted:

She's gotta be crazy to actually think she can show up at PAX. It'll be awesome to see her try and spin this back in her favor to a room that's booing over everything she says.

Are you being optimistic? I was thinking she'd be speaking to nothing but adoration and sympathy.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Are you being optimistic? I was thinking she'd be speaking to nothing but adoration and sympathy.

I can imagine a room of seething angry nerds being placated by Zoe's feminine wiles.

Shadow Puppet Of
Feb 13, 2014

If I worked there I'd have freaked out long ago and smeared toner all over my naked body, flopping around to spell out "I TOLD YOU SO!" on the carpet until campus security could drag me away.
:xbone:

The General posted:

I can imagine a room of seething angry nerds being placated by Zoe's feminine wiles.

I can see it going like Ashlee Simpson on SNL only with that spinning light bar rather than a jaunty jig.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
For the rest of the day you will only imagine Phil Fish's O Face slapping against Zoe's face.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

The General posted:

Her?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Vag Assault Weapon posted:

This keeps alternating from just between Dumb poo poo and Real Dumb poo poo with slight flickers of Extremely Dumb poo poo

That's what makes it great !

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

sharts
Jul 3, 2008

a̸ ̕s̡cŗeam͟i͠ng͞ ͘sk͏u̢l̨l i̡s y͝o͡ųr o͡n͟l͞y ͢comp̛ani̡o͞n͝
I don't think I've seen anyone invoke Sayre's Law regarding this retarded bullshit and it applies entirely, so

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
this is the worst thread i've ever seen on these forums, both in terms of topic and quality of posting

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

Haters Objector posted:

this is the worst thread i've ever seen on these forums, both in terms of topic and quality of posting

why look at it then zoeliker?

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Whore, Slut, Hivemind. That's one "journalists" opinion I don't really ever need to read again.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Haters Objector posted:

you can click the next to your name to show everyone else posts :)

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Haters Objector posted:

Well thank God you made it all better with this stunning post!

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

you can click the next to your name to show everyone else posts :)

:vince:

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Haters Objector posted:

Yeah, here is a link of all the worst posts. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3658972&userid=166104

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I could be wrong, I remember that when Bioware said "WE WON'T BE DISCUSSING THE MASS EFFECT 3 ENDING AT PAX :mad:" that panel somehow ended up in roaring applause. I feel like gamers have only grown exponentially more disgruntled with basically the same people (if you believe that people got more pissed at the journos for how they covered it than Bioware for writing the lovely ending in the first place) since then, though.

• Locked thread