Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

VJeff posted:

Nobody ask about this one. :gonk:

lol you wuss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
This is a series of hosed up Rorschach tests.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
quit being a bunch of retards and tell us what the gif is thanks

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
The person who used to argue with TFYC and called 4chan posted an apology.

She is believed to be Anita Sarkeesian because her previous avatar was a very obvious cutout of the Feminist Frequency banner and her description said "feminist blogger using an alt account", but I doubt that.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
it's picollo loving goku or vegeta, I do not remember which

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

I legit don't know a single god drat thing about dragonball z or any anime, video games, reddit or 4chan. And that's not bragging, I should now all of that except maybe anime bullshit but I just don't care. I only get half the jokes in this thread but the half I do get are funny enough to keep up with the thread.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

N. Senada posted:

it's picollo loving goku or vegeta, I do not remember which

Oh, that's pretty vanilla

Hayburner
Jan 29, 2005

hi
hey quick question is everyone involved in this still a gigantic turd?

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
picollo's an alien that is green

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Vag Assault Weapon posted:

I legit don't know a single god drat thing about dragonball z or any anime, video games, reddit or 4chan. And that's not bragging, I should now all of that except maybe anime bullshit but I just don't care. I only get half the jokes in this thread but the half I do get are funny enough to keep up with the thread.

lurk more

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Oh, that's pretty vanilla

just like my creamy thighs :bigtran:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Hayburner posted:

yes, including you, me, and everyone else in this thread.

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012
:nws:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo5l-1r8OMo

Is daily dose considered NSW or it it fine because it's anime?

Somebody fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Aug 26, 2014

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Hayburner posted:

duh, this is zhe video games industry

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

horriblePencilist posted:

She is believed to be Anita Sarkeesian because her previous avatar was a very obvious cutout of the Feminist Frequency banner and her description said "feminist blogger using an alt account", but I doubt that.

That's a real drat good writeup on it. If it is Anita she's much more deserving of the attention she originally got. (not the bad kind, the kind that she got to elevate her future work)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Yeah, I wasn't feeling the "it's actually Anita" theory at first and this all but scuttles it. Even from an alt account, I don't think Anita would ever turn the PR spin off long enough to say something so genuine.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

I highly doubt that; Anita wouldn't get fired for publicly condemning Zoe since she's more or less self-employed.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

No chance it's Anita. She's got her own personal twitter and wouldn't have used her logo for a fake account.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Yeah after reading that I really doubt it's her and doubted it from the beginning.

Anita has been smart enough to keep out of this one hasn't she?

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I really like how the SJW often resort to insults like "neckbeard", "virgin" and "nerd" when a large portion of their following is exactly that. I mean nodding man is hardly what I'd consider a keeper.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Falsum posted:

I highly doubt that; Anita wouldn't get fired for publicly condemning Zoe since she's more or less self-employed.

Yeah and Anita hob-nobs with actual AAA devs, she wouldn't even have to pretend to give a poo poo about what the indie scene thinks of her.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Falsum posted:

I think she's a consultant on female characters for some game studio or whatever.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Another interesting tweet of her.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

I really like how the SJW often resort to insults like "neckbeard", "virgin" and "nerd" when a large portion of their following is exactly that. I mean nodding man is hardly what I'd consider a keeper.

That's cause you've never actually seen his nod. It is the single most majestic and virile gesture known to humanity :syoon:

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

I truly don't understand what people are so afraid of. Not her for losing her job cause that's obvious, but why the people above her don't want to say a thing that dares go against Zoe Quinn

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I truly don't understand what people are so afraid of. Not her for losing her job cause that's obvious, but why the people above her don't want to say a thing that dares go against Zoe Quinn

because psychopaths on the internet will call your work and try to get you fired because you made a tweet they didn't like.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

A. Beaverhausen posted:

probably because everyone involved with this is an awful human being and if you have something at stake in this you should just stay the gently caress away and never mention it again

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Robo Reagan posted:

probably because everyone involved with this is an awful human being and if you have something at stake in this you should just stay the gently caress away and never mention it again

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Yeah after reading that I really doubt it's her and doubted it from the beginning.

Anita has been smart enough to keep out of this one hasn't she?

Sort of. She's made tweets that are obviously about this drama but don't reference it directly.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Spanish Manlove posted:

because psychopaths on the internet will call your work and try to get you fired because you made a tweet they didn't like.

Which actually happened, a guy was forced to resign after he got drunk and made a tweet insulting some woman

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Which actually happened, a guy was forced to resign after he got drunk and made a tweet insulting some woman

thing is, I wasn't joking with that and saying "yes, it does happen"

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

I feel like unless Anita wraps her mind around it and says some things about Zoe being the complete opposite of SJW that it will just be business as usual. It's going to attack a very specific attack on her entire character for her cult of personality retards to see how she freaks out over it in order for any of them to change.

It's also funny that 20,000 viewers is considered an 'army', I had livejournal and melodramatic accounts that drew that much traffic and I was just a dumb Sicilian kid writing dumb poo poo about moving to the US back then.

There's apparently some secret cabal website that the top indie devs congregate on, like illumiinatigame.com or some weird poo poo and it's invite only, Zoe bitches to ex boyfriend about how she should be on it but she has an ex boyfriends on the selection committee preventing it from happening

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

A. Beaverhausen posted:

"Gee, my life is real boring, I need internet bullshit to be in my face in real life more."

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

which is why if you have anything at all on the line of this days long episode of Jerry Springer you should just stay away or at most laugh on the sidelines like us

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
Something I don't really get is why the journos that were doing it as a hobby and all left (from that tumblr post a page ago) don't group up and make a new reviewing site based on the idea of doing it as a hobby and not making it your career.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Falsum posted:

Sort of. She's made tweets that are obviously about this drama but don't reference it directly.

Lol, egoraptor retweeted it.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

A. Beaverhausen posted:

because of all the incest in the games journalism, erveryone has close ties to everyone so going againt the clique can be bad for you.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Fathis Munk posted:

because of all the incest in the games journalism, erveryone has close ties to everyone so going againt the clique can be bad for you.

I get that, but at the same time I'm trying to wrap my head around it. I assume for the heads of the different sites, that's they're actual job. With that, the AAA publishers are the ones you don't wanna piss off. So why the gently caress did this woman who wasn't anything in the industry and created one lovely "game" achieve some sort of amazing status that you don't question. I guess I just don't know a drat thing about the 'behind the scenes' poo poo.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
South Park is a poo poo show but this all reminds me of that episode where Mr. Garrison is literally trying his hardest to get people to hate him but everyone just defends his actions and calls him brave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
So the underlying question that everyone wants to know is, how many cocks does it take to get a metacritic score of 70/75/80/85?

• Locked thread