Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I truly don't understand what people are so afraid of. Not her for losing her job cause that's obvious, but why the people above her don't want to say a thing that dares go against Zoe Quinn

Probably because they are pretty happy with the status quo and are personally invested in it to a greater or larger extent so don't want to rock the boat / will make sure any potential boat rockers get thrown overboard with great acceleration and alacrity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

NutritiousSnack posted:

one of the former fyad weird twitter woman who asked for the 13 year old's dick pic is getting owned by reddit over it now after she called the zoe quinn thing "virtual rape" unironically and having a meltdown over twitter.

this has been a good week

Yivgev posted:

holy poo poo somebody post this immediately please

FrostedButts
Dec 30, 2011
And the nominations for Best Actress are...

Chloe Moretz for her role as Zoe Quinn in "Quinnspiracy"
One woman's struggle with internet misogyny set against the background of the Palestine conflict.

Kristen Stewart as Anita Sarkeesian in "Critic in Distress"
One woman's struggle with video game misogyny set against the background of the Egyptian protests.

Lily "Pandakun" Gustovson as MissyGamer33x in "My Personal Holocaust"
One woman's struggle with being transgender set against the background of Dashcon.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Holy poo poo the TFYC guy punched a fridge so hard he hurt himself

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
https://twitter.com/TFYCapitalists

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I truly don't understand what people are so afraid of. Not her for losing her job cause that's obvious, but why the people above her don't want to say a thing that dares go against Zoe Quinn

Well, Zoe Quinn used her friends to kill a Game Jam and used her twitter army to almost kill TFYC and that's only the poo poo we know for sure, so it's probably pretty smart to be scared of her unless you know there'll be more voices to support yours than she can dump on you with a single call to her twitter army and the twitter armies of all her buddies.

Falsum posted:

Sort of. She's made tweets that are obviously about this drama but don't reference it directly.

She's talking about the ex here, right? :v:

Vag Assault Weapon posted:

I feel like unless Anita wraps her mind around it and says some things about Zoe being the complete opposite of SJW that it will just be business as usual. It's going to attack a very specific attack on her entire character for her cult of personality retards to see how she freaks out over it in order for any of them to change.

The only feasible scenario that would happen in is if Zoe kept imploding so loving hard and kept turning people against her that it seriously threatened Anita's ability to do her own thing, so she'd amputate the diseased, cucking foot to save the leg (feminism in gaming). I mean, she certainly ain't gonna do it out of the goodness of her heart.

Hayburner
Jan 29, 2005

hi

horriblePencilist posted:

lmao

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

lol he's really gotta put some of that 30k towards getting a PR guy who speaks fluent English to run the twitter and tumblr account.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Tbh if I was trying to do a good thing and I got sabotaged by people claiming to be working towards the same goals I'd probably punch a wall or something.

e:

VJeff posted:

The only feasible scenario that would happen in is if Zoe kept imploding so loving hard and kept turning people against her that it seriously threatened Anita's ability to do her own thing, so she'd amputate the diseased, cucking foot to save the leg (feminism in gaming). I mean, she certainly ain't gonna do it out of the goodness of her heart.

Yeah it's all about when Drama Quinn becomes too much of a liability for the movement. IMO she's been one for a few days now.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Falsum posted:

Tbh if I was trying to do a good thing and I got sabotaged by people claiming to be working towards the same goals I'd probably punch a wall or something.

That's p dumb unless you want to hurt yourself like an imbecile :shrug:

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Yeah, I used to punch walls and poo poo when I was younger until I punched a very solid door and learned my lesson. Still, even back then I don't think I would have mentioned it on twitter, especially a professional twitter.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

If only Phil Fish punched his own face instead...

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Paladinus posted:

If only Phil Fish punched his own face instead...

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Is there any other industry where someone with no qualifications or remote understanding of anything can become a respected and important figure in that community.

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Apart from the Republican Party, thanks.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

concerned mom posted:

Apart from the Republican Party, thanks.

lol beaten.

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006

i didn't buy shit. i don't know what the fuck is going on.

I can't imagine he could have been talking about anyone but either @solikebasically or @a_girl_irl but a quick google search only turned up one tweet from them about zoe quinn. i wanna know the deets too because that was the best fyad drama in a long time.

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.
We still talking about this dumpy bitch, huh?

:gas:

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006

:lol: There's literally nobody involved with this that isn't a stupid idiot.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Supernorn posted:

:lol: There's literally nobody involved with this that isn't a stupid idiot.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

this kid turned out to be okay tho, apparently he picked up Marx or something

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

N. Senada posted:

Yeah, I first learned about him when people found out that he 180d.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

N. Senada posted:

a reasonable political philosophy

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Just to clarify, the TFYC guy got mad because even after MissAngerist changed her opinion on 4chan and TFYC, people were continuing to harass her.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Robo Reagan posted:

a reasonable political philosophy

your sarcasm has no power here Robo Reagan

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Still not a good reason to punch a fridge and then talk about it on a professional twitter.

Lightanchor
Nov 2, 2012
Let me just trust a group called the Fine Young Capitalists

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Paladinus posted:

Lol, egoraptor retweeted it.

It was probably Suzy, she carries his balls around in her purse

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug
edit: beated

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

N. Senada posted:

your sarcasm has no power here Robo Reagan

aww, thwarted again!

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

slowbeef posted:

edit: beated

it's still a good point and funny

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

N. Senada posted:

It's good that his parents are so accepting of all the experimental "phases" as he goes through life.

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Still not a good reason to punch a fridge and then talk about it on a professional twitter.

Just to clarify, the TFYC guy got mad because even after MissAngerist changed her opinion on 4chan and TFYC, people were continuing to harass her.

Broadcasting this kind of drama is what you really want to do when asking people for money to fund your philanthropic crusade.

Hayburner
Jan 29, 2005

hi

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

the most important part of throwing a tantrum is telling everyone about your tantrum so they can wipe away your tears and say aawwww it's okay baby ssshhhhh

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug

concerned mom posted:

Is there any other industry where someone with no qualifications or remote understanding of anything can become a respected and important figure in that community.

Local government. :eng101:

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

BluPotato posted:

I remember loading up Depression Quest a couple of years ago or something when it was being talked about like some kinda great thing. Took me the better part of a minute to see that it was pandering garbage that was hastily cobbled together from html for sad-brained idiots thinking that it was some sort of artistic meaningful thing.

I pretty much dismissed Zoe Quinn as a 'game developer' right there and then.

i remember playing it around the time it first came out

one of the lines on the very first textwall was something like "i returned home to my girlfriend and" so i went to /v/ to see what they thought about the game and that part was received with a flood of george costanzas and feels guys

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Wait now for the all the fridgekins now to start posting hate against TYFC.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Has she ever done anything but depression quest, or has she been riding that train for the last two years?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Man, all that virual rape on the internet, finally the police are starting to do stuff.

http://www.citynews.ca/2014/08/25/virtual-rape-hard-to-track-in-online-gaming-police-say-2/

Lightanchor
Nov 2, 2012

N. Senada posted:

I looked into it, apparently he was inspired by Wittgenstein(?????)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

Has she ever done anything but depression quest, or has she been riding that train for the last two years?

she's been riding that train for two years.

• Locked thread