Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Zonekeeper posted:

Once I trained my first pokemon, I was amazed at how fast it was once you got the initial requirements out of the way (power items, pokerus, a sweet scenter). Took maybe 10-15 minutes, and most of that was spent flying to the horde locations.

They've done a lot to make EVs more transparent. I wish they flat out told you what your totals were instead of providing the graph only. (Making Reset bags more common would help, too.)

I just wish that either A: The graph had little numbers by each of the stats, or B: Reset bags didn't take 100 freaking hits! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Super training is kind of nice for pokemon you don't want to gain xp though. I've been EV training some hatched mons I intend to transfer to my ORAS once it comes out so they'll be ready to own faces immediately.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Just hatched a shiny Fenny with Magician and Heat Wave, with 5/31 and dump in Atk. Awwwwww yisssssssssssss!

edit: and in the process of leveling him up into a Delphox I got my 4th shiny from Henye's friend safari- the gift that keeps on giving.

Diet Poison fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Aug 26, 2014

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Zuzie posted:

So I ended up getting a shiny 5IV Chatot with Boomburst and Nasty Plot on Wonder trade.

This kind of rivals the random Zygarde that I also got from Wonder trade, and coincidentally, both times I traded a Fennekin away.

Not to rain on your parade but that Chatot is totally hacked.

Voltin Bolt
Oct 17, 2004

IT DOES NOT FIX

less laughter posted:

Not to rain on your parade but that Chatot is totally hacked.
How is that? Nasty Plot and Boomburst are both egg moves, and 5v is not hard to get this gen from breeding.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't it be pretty easy to duplicate Pokemon via Wondertrade by not saving after trading?

Buh
May 17, 2008
That wouldn't work because forced saves and excessive levels of re-checking are very much Nintendo's bag. In past gens cloning like that has involved turning off the system with very precise timing.

Buh
May 17, 2008

Voltin Bolt posted:

How is that? Nasty Plot and Boomburst are both egg moves, and 5v is not hard to get this gen from breeding.

The fact that they happily sent it off is more is a giveaway that they can get more, easy.
Not that it should stop you enjoying it - I got a Xerneas called BRUCE WILLIS in similar circumstances and I love him forever.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Buh posted:

That wouldn't work because forced saves and excessive levels of re-checking are very much Nintendo's bag. In past gens cloning like that has involved turning off the system with very precise timing.

I meant that if you reset the game after a wonder trade you would still have your pokeyman in your box, letting you send off shinies with impunity.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Improbable Lobster posted:

I meant that if you reset the game after a wonder trade you would still have your pokeyman in your box, letting you send off shinies with impunity.

I think the game tries to make sure that the trade went ahead before it saves the new pokemon. As in, it tries to co-ordinate the two carts so that they save at the same time so that things like that won't work. It is possible to get around this when trading locally by timing things well, as Buh says, but over Wonder Trade you won't have the coordination with the other player to achieve that.

It remains possible that the pokemon was duplicated locally and then the dupes were sent out over WT, or that there are other methods of duplicating mons of which I'm not aware, but it's a bit hard to imagine anyone going to a great deal of trouble to send strangers shiny Chatot. Then again, if someone went to the trouble of breeding high-IV Chatot (which they presumably did, if the Chatot is legitimate), then why would they send a shiny one away in a Wonder Trade?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Today I learned Archeops and Archen are in the Water 3 egg group. :psyduck:

And lest anyone claim that it's because they're fossil Pokemon, I'll point out that Shieldon/Bastiodon, Cranidos/Rampardos, and Aerodactyl are not in it.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Twelve by Pies posted:

Today I learned Archeops and Archen are in the Water 3 egg group. :psyduck:

And lest anyone claim that it's because they're fossil Pokemon, I'll point out that Shieldon/Bastiodon, Cranidos/Rampardos, and Aerodactyl are not in it.

It makes about as much sense as Glalie being in the Fairy group and Gardevior being Amorphous (I assume that one came from somebody getting the wrong idea seeing Ralts' "skirt").

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Geostomp posted:

It makes about as much sense as Glalie being in the Fairy group

Glalie is based on an oni which is sort of a Japanese fairytale character, so it makes sense in that context.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Well, plus, the other members of Glalie's family are in Fairy. Makes sense that they'd all be in the same egg group, otherwise we'd get weird shenanigans like the Nidorans. (Why haven't they fixed that by now?!)

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

If anyone's around, apparently they're going to be announcing what that new project is in about ten minutes. The link is http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv189764569

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Silver Falcon posted:

Well, plus, the other members of Glalie's family are in Fairy. Makes sense that they'd all be in the same egg group, otherwise we'd get weird shenanigans like the Nidorans. (Why haven't they fixed that by now?!)

Some weird sense of continuity? I can only assume that nobody cares enough about the nidos to make that much of a stink about it.

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat

Twelve by Pies posted:

If anyone's around, apparently they're going to be announcing what that new project is in about ten minutes. The link is http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv189764569

Youtube here.

Starting in just under a minute.

e: Youtube's a couple mins behind.

a glitch fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Aug 26, 2014

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
It's Pokken :getin:

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
aaaaaaaand Pokken Tournament is announced for arcades.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Yup, that sucks.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Oh cool arcade only, so now I care about it even less than I would have before.

Eh. I mean I guess it'll probably come to Wii U eventually but since I don't really care about fighting games this is a bit of a disappointing announcement for me.

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
I will say though that I enjoyed this random youtube dude saying "I don't know why they bothered with Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, when I'm just gonna be playing this."

Yeah, sure you are, pal.

Amarie
Mar 24, 2004

I want you to meet my little friend, Mister Stabby!

Hammerite posted:

I think the game tries to make sure that the trade went ahead before it saves the new pokemon. As in, it tries to co-ordinate the two carts so that they save at the same time so that things like that won't work. It is possible to get around this when trading locally by timing things well, as Buh says, but over Wonder Trade you won't have the coordination with the other player to achieve that.

It remains possible that the pokemon was duplicated locally and then the dupes were sent out over WT, or that there are other methods of duplicating mons of which I'm not aware, but it's a bit hard to imagine anyone going to a great deal of trouble to send strangers shiny Chatot. Then again, if someone went to the trouble of breeding high-IV Chatot (which they presumably did, if the Chatot is legitimate), then why would they send a shiny one away in a Wonder Trade?

Apparently there was an event on tumblr recently where people wondertraded shinies and other desirables. I got a shiny Entei randomly so I assume that was part of it. It could have been a hack/clone. (Powersaves can make any pokemon shiny and it may help clone, not sure about that because I dont own one) Or it was a mistake trade.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Swing and a goddamn miss. Arcades are mostly dead here so unless they plan on a Wii U port there's zero way I'll ever get to play this unless they put cabinets at Nintendo World and I bum a ride to NYC. :negative:

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
There is literally no way this isn't coming to WiiU.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Zeether posted:

Swing and a goddamn miss. Arcades are mostly dead here so unless they plan on a Wii U port there's zero way I'll ever get to play this unless they put cabinets at Nintendo World and I bum a ride to NYC. :negative:

There is going to be a Wii U port. It isn't even a question.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

You guys do know that most Japanese developed fighting games are arcade exclusive at first, then get console ports later on, right?

The Timely Howard
Dec 26, 2008

ASK ME WHAT MAKES ME THINK I'M SO FUNKY
Uh, it'll come to Wii U eventually, guys. What was the last Tekken game that didn't get a console port?

Basically every single fighting game hangs out in arcades for at least half a year before coming to consoles. Guilty Gear Xrd has been out in arcades in Japan since like February but only just had its release date announced for consoles. I believe they mentioned 2015, so I'm going to guess it'll come out in arcades mid 2015 and then hit Wii U sometime in the winter.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Hawlucha better be in this.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I hope that the character list isn't just gonna be fighting types.

What I'm saying is that I wanna play as Abomasnow.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I'm pretty sure this game is gonna be arcade only guys. Pikachu told me himself.

Olive Mohel
Nov 8, 2006

Life is more than a series of ones and zeroes.
Hey guys I missed the thing but an English trailer on YouTube has to mean something, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7Cs4L1JALY

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Midboss posted:

Hey guys I missed the thing but an English trailer on YouTube has to mean something, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7Cs4L1JALY

That it'll be in the 5 arcades left in the U.S.? Eh.

Olive Mohel
Nov 8, 2006

Life is more than a series of ones and zeroes.

Rudoku posted:

That it'll be in the 5 arcades left in the U.S.? Eh.

Sure yeah, you could draw that conclusion or a more reasonable one about a Tekken Pokemon game and a Nintendo console that got a (port of a) Tekken game.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
It's probably going to be on Nesica which doesn't even work outside of Japan, so don't worry about the arcade version before it gets ported to Wii U

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Amarie posted:

It could have been a hack/clone. (Powersaves can make any pokemon shiny and it may help clone, not sure about that because I dont own one)

Any pre-gen VI shiny can also very easily be hacked in the gen V games so that's where a lot of those on WT and such come from as well.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

So apparently, there are two Pokken trademarks. There's one for 'Pokken Tournament' and one for 'Pokken Fighters.'

Really, you'd be silly to think that there wouldn't be a console port. The important question is where is Pokken Tag Tournament?

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Pokken 2016 :v:

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013
I want a Hitmontop that just plays like Eddy Gordo so bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer