Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

erm... actually thieves should be summarily executed

PleasingFungus posted:

how is this different from freelancer

the guy who made freelancer is making a game similar to elite, called Star Citizen.

it is a loving disaster + a gigantic scam. i started to type up some kind of explanation but i can't do it. go read the star citizen thread in Games if you care. Chris Roberts is a poo poo monster.

the guy who makes Elite (David Braben) is genuinely cool and nice and his game is way more polished and closer to release than star citizen while on something like a fifth of the budget.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

cgs: playing tomb raider and it is fun

it was an entertaining 7~ hours with no replay value

worth it for the 8 bucks or whatever is pent on it in the steam sale

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=yKpv3Gzx8eGKWU7h

super amazing wagon adventure

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Sagebrush posted:

the guy who made freelancer is making a game similar to elite, called Star Citizen.

it is a loving disaster + a gigantic scam. i started to type up some kind of explanation but i can't do it. go read the star citizen thread in Games if you care. Chris Roberts is a poo poo monster.

the guy who makes Elite (David Braben) is genuinely cool and nice and his game is way more polished and closer to release than star citizen while on something like a fifth of the budget.

not even close

star citizen has made - get this - 52 loving million dollars aka a triple a budget and is basically spending it on everything but the game itself

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

where can one find a summary to catch up on star citizen

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Silver Alicorn posted:

it doesn't suck

excellent response. freelancer was garbage

Liver Disaster posted:

killed flamelurker first try, going to kill dragon god tomorrow
gonna be weird to have an area clear but im glad to be done with this one because its poo poo

but there's a twist! dragon god - is mega-poo poo!

the first part of the mines area was okay, but after you kill the fire spider it's all downhill

literally, I guess

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
dragon god is the original "puzzle" boss but it's not as annoying as bed of chaos

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

I am well aware of this. it remains extremely funny, though

did the " " " players " " " ever get access to anything beyond that hangar "game"?

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

haveblue posted:

dragon god is the original "puzzle" boss but it's not as annoying as bed of chaos

honestly I found dragon god way worse than bed of chaos. bed of chaos only took me like three goes, though. dragon god took loving dozens

also, the boss of 4-3 was basically a puzzle boss too; the difference is he was extremely cool so no one cared

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

yes, there is a flight simulator module. as in, it is an in-universe flight simulator for the Star Citizen spaceships that you play inside the flight simulator game Star Citizen, which is a game where you have a hangar and you can look at a spaceship that sits on its landing pad.

the next one they're releasing is a racing game. and at some point a first-person shooter.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
I can't wait for gtav on PC so I can play the game again without lovely fps and slowdown and jaggies

Also someone give me a funny and clever name to use on steam

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

obama's lunch money

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

PleasureKevin posted:

obama's lunch money

Done

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 349 days!

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

I can't wait for gtav on PC so I can play the game again without lovely fps and slowdown and jaggies

Also someone give me a funny and clever name to use on steam

tron jeremy

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

zen death robot posted:

This thread is still worse than all of the Imp Zone threads combined, you all should be ashamed

I Am Ashamed Of My Words And Deeds

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

zen death robot posted:

This thread is still worse than all of the Imp Zone threads combined, you all should be ashamed

im proud

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

zen death robot posted:

it's better than DDRD was tho

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

imp zone/ddrd's still a thing?

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
the only good thread in imp zone is the dota thread and only because they won't let us have it in gbs

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
maybe the pen & paper rpg thread too but I don't follow it much

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Silver Alicorn posted:

the only good thread in imp zone is the dota thread and only because they won't let us have it in gbs

You need your human being head caved in with a lead pipe.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
hi barons

also have a game somebody P2CJW-60RL0-785T6

it probably sucks

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
someone got it

what the gently caress is RADical ROACH Deluxe Edition

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
i think you shoot things

also someone go get fingered or something

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

duckfarts posted:

hi barons

also have a game somebody P2CJW-60RL0-785T6

it probably sucks

Hey buddy

armorer
Aug 6, 2012

I like metal.

I took this, thanks!

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

whoa it's barons

how is your dota addiction barons

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Notorious QIG posted:

whoa it's barons

how is your dota addiction barons

when is the patch valve

WHEN

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

when is the patch valve

WHEN

lmao you expect valve to do any work

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Katana Gomai posted:

lmao you expect valve to do any work

they are working hard

at counting all the money!!!

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
anyone get the new ds2 dlc and have a trip report yet? i just beat slubmer drago last night and i am hyped for more ds2 not that i got good

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 349 days!
it's good. bosses are tricky, but no bullshit. the first dlc is good as well, but i think i like this one more.

the bsd boys fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Aug 26, 2014

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

this is probably going to be my g shames s soon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Wm8-DsVqHE&t=54s

2d anime Treasure-esque action platformer with a lot of projectiles on screen

and it also comes with a faux-retro faux-megaman game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83NH58_Y2u0

(coming out on 3ds eshop this friday. i'm probably buying it if there's even one positive review)

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 349 days!
instead, you should play dark souls 2.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

wesley snypes posted:

it's good. bosses are tricky, but no bullshit. the first dlc is good as well, but i think i like this one more.

wait the second dlc is out? ugh i still need to beat the first one

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
has anyone played sunless sea and is it good

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

oh everyone in the neogaf thread who played the japanese version said it's mediocre

this is the quickest i've gone from discovering a game exists->being hyped->not caring. rip

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 349 days!
it feels like they're trying really hard to make a boss as good as Artorias in the DLC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

haveblue posted:

has anyone played sunless sea and is it good

it's alright. the big issue right now is that it's drat near impossible to get off the ground. id hold off until (a) the combat rework is patched in and (b) more content is patched in since theyve said that'll have more money opportunities. it's v promising but it's not there yet

• Locked thread