Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Dacap posted:

I believe that mouth is typically shown as static and not able to open or close so I like to believe that Doom is frowning so hard in that panel that he fuses that part of the mask shut with the sheer force of his own grumpiness.

SirDan3k posted:

I prefer to believe that there's a button to initiate frowning and the mechanism is purposefully loud so people may bask in the beauty of a frowning Doom. Whirr hiss clunk frown complete.

How about we put these two together and the loud tortured squeal of twisting metal eminates from Doom's mask as he forces it into a frown, drawing attention from everyone in the room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
"YOU WILL EXCUSE DOOM FOR SEVERAL MINUTES WHILE HE HAS HIS MASK REMOVED AND REPLACED WITH ANOTHER MASK WHOSE EXPRESSION BETTER FITS DOOM'S CURRENT STATE OF MIND!!! EXCUSING DOOM IS MANDATORY!!!"

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

CURRENT MOOD: DOOM

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Silhouette posted:

I saw a couple "The Many Moods of Darth Vader/Chewbaka" t-shirts at Chicago Comic Con this weekend. I would have very much liked to see a Doom one.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Silhouette posted:

And now I want to see Doom's facebook page.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Captain Oblivious posted:

And now I want to see Doom's facebook page.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Doom's mask is metal out of unstable molecules. Where's my no-prize?

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

A billion nanoscopic DoomBots.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

IUG posted:

Doom's mask is metal out of unstable molecules. Where's my no-prize?

Doom has made a woman's skin into magical leather armor. I'm sure he can twiddle his fingers to change the way his mask looks.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I thought his mask was capable of movement and emoting and all that jazz, but he just locks it into a grimace because gently caress you he's DOOM and that's how he rolls.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Some good doom moments form A+X 14(taken on my phone so apologies for the sidebar thing.

DOOM IS ANGRY

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

PrinnySquadron posted:

Some good doom moments form A+X 14(taken on my phone so apologies for the sidebar thing.

DOOM IS ANGRY

So the first page is Doombots, that's obvious. But then later did Dr. Doom just waltz in, shoot a skrull(?) and tell Cyclops(???) and Captain America to get off his lawn?

The hell is the current storyline like? :psyduck:

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

"My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them."
"MURDERER!" takes one to know one, scott :troll:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Who What Now posted:

But then later did Dr. Doom just waltz in, shoot a skrull(?) and tell Cyclops(???) and Captain America to get off his lawn?

I'll be honest this sounds exactly like something Doom would do.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
All I took from that is Doom going all goofy eyed after Cap socked him in the face.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I know it is the wrong question to be asking. But why are Cyclops and Captain both wearing jackets and hoodies? Were they cold?

EDIT: Also, Captain is just kicking himself for forgetting he had a shield like, right there when Doom shot that guy.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Aug 26, 2014

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Section Z posted:

I know it is the wrong question to be asking. But why are Cyclops and Captain both wearing jackets and hoodies? Were they cold?

EDIT: Also, Captain is just kicking himself for forgetting he had a shield like, right there when Doom shot that guy.

They're incognito, duh

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Opopanax posted:

They're incognito, duh

I always liked it when the Thing went and put on a trilby and overcoat, like an 6 foot wide, 8 foot tall person isn't going to attract any attention at all. Get as much stares as if he went rocky mountain naked.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I generally just assume whenever they're talking to someone that acts like he's the real Doom and all these bots are his minions that Doom is remoting into a doombot.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

MikeJF posted:

I generally just assume whenever they're talking to someone that acts like he's the real Doom and all these bots are his minions that Doom is remoting into a doombot.

Just like Nick Fury and LMDs.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

prefect posted:

Just like Nick Fury and LMDs.

The real ones haven't left their remote-operation-chamber for 40 years.

They're really fat now.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Has there been a story where Doom was dead, but noone knew because of all the Doombots? Cause I feel like there should be.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

LoonShia posted:

Has there been a story where Doom was dead, but noone knew because of all the Doombots? Cause I feel like there should be.

I think. Shortly after the return of F4 (the book), book was "dead" / stick in between universes for over a year. During this time Doom was still in other stories as Doombots.

Hulk had some pretty funny dealing with "Doom" during this time.

Bloody Holly
May 29, 2007

the George Washington of breadfucking
Hulk wisely decides to ignore fashion advide from a guy wearing a silver winged beanie.
one of his early powers is apparently having as many or few toes as he feels like from panel to panel.

Avengers 2

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Bloody Holly posted:

Hulk wisely decides to ignore fashion advide from a guy wearing a silver winged beanie.
one of his early powers is apparently having as many or few toes as he feels like from panel to panel.

Avengers 2

the hulk, as played by peter dinklage

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Why is Thor talking like that? Where are his thees and thous?

Bloody Holly
May 29, 2007

the hulk spoke pretty well back then too, instead of "hulk smash" after the transformation it was just him being a paranoid rear end in a top hat.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I like that Hulk, he looks monstrous. Three toed and with a frame that's significantly different to just super-roided human.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

goatface posted:

I like that Hulk, he looks monstrous. Three toed and with a frame that's significantly different to just super-roided human.

He kinda looks like my 11-month old son. right down to the color and number of toes.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

LoonShia posted:

Brian Clevinger's infinity gauntlet story has this happen. Half the universe's population vanishes and a team of heroes have to go into space and defeat Thanos, including a "Doom".

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Bloody Holly posted:

Avengers 2
I know, I know, Silver Age and Jack Kirby and all, but that give-no-fucks handdrawn lettering of "The Avengers" at the top is simultaneously just god-awful but also kind of adorable. How Things Have Changed.

Bloody Holly
May 29, 2007

it just occured to me that jack was drawing so many comics in such little time that he probably finished drawing the hulk as the thing by accident/habit half the issue.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Grendels Dad posted:

Why is Thor talking like that? Where are his thees and thous?

Wasn't it Roy Thomas who gave Thor his cod-Shakespearean speech patterns?

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Drifter posted:

I always liked it when the Thing went and put on a trilby and overcoat, like an 6 foot wide, 8 foot tall person isn't going to attract any attention at all. Get as much stares as if he went rocky mountain naked.

Between mutants, radiation-based industrial accidents, alien species, and the midwestern diet, 6 foot wide people probably make up like 20% of the Marvel population.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

fatherdog posted:

Between mutants, radiation-based industrial accidents, alien species, and the midwestern diet, 6 foot wide people probably make up like 20% of the Marvel population.

Oh, you mean What If V2 #71, March 1995 - "What If The Gamma Bomb Spawned A Thousand Hulks?", with "art" by Larry Stroman?

(Couldn't find any panels from that book, have a different Stroman instead - Guido "Strong Guy" Carosella can pull this look off, but even the non-Hulked folks in that What If ware Cro-Magnonised. :barf:)

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."

redbackground posted:

I know, I know, Silver Age and Jack Kirby and all, but that give-no-fucks handdrawn lettering of "The Avengers" at the top is simultaneously just god-awful but also kind of adorable. How Things Have Changed.

Jack Kirby's pen seems to add at least five inches of width to a character, from what I can tell. That can't be healthy.

But as long as we're talking about Kirby, anyone make sense of these guys? They're called the Dingbats of Danger Street and...they were made in 1975...

No idea what's going on. :ohdear:

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
The asian guy being named banana makes it.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Cangelosi posted:

No idea what's going on. :ohdear:
At least one of the things going on is racism.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

Oh, you mean What If V2 #71, March 1995 - "What If The Gamma Bomb Spawned A Thousand Hulks?", with "art" by Larry Stroman?

(Couldn't find any panels from that book, have a different Stroman instead - Guido "Strong Guy" Carosella can pull this look off, but even the non-Hulked folks in that What If ware Cro-Magnonised. :barf:)

When was the last time "where's the beef" was used in a comic book?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

zoux posted:

When was the last time "where's the beef" was used in a comic book?

Probably Deadpool, somewhere.

• Locked thread