Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Musket
Mar 19, 2008
anyone know the over/under on whether someone will throw a burger at zoe at pax? im shocked 4chan isnt going to start campaign to get her burged off stage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

The General posted:

I thought this was inconclusive?

I thought it was, but I just checked and I couldn't find it. Guess it is inconclusive, but was ultimately waved off due to lack of evidence. I found this though.

Also yeah other staff members in TFYC get paid. I think the only one who doesn't get any money from this is the creator, who was accused of exploiting women by Zoe.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

VJeff posted:

The Indiegogo money goes to the creation of the game, which I assume includes paying people to make it.

8% of the profits from selling the game when it's done go to the original idea girl. The rest goes to charity (for colon cancer).

aww yeah i cant wait to play some half assed mario/mega man ripoff for rotting butts, assuming the game is released

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Musket posted:

anyone know the over/under on whether someone will throw a burger at zoe at pax? im shocked 4chan isnt going to start campaign to get her burged off stage.

4chan tries to shout down any ideas that could give the journalists ammo to change the narrative of the story against them, like a protest at PAX. Although many people are talking of wearing Five Guys hats at PAX and they're trying to figure out how to get 5G to cater PAX.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Falsum posted:

Are they still going to use that bad charity that gives under 10% to actual research, because that's the one Quinn donated to and they want to show we're all friends or something?

That was a separate thing where they were gonna sell a t-shirt. He's since turned that over to /v/ to figure out themselves with ShirtWasCash.com, since the shirt's gonna have /v/'s character on it. /v/ knows that charity sucks, so, probably not. I saw a thread where the idea was kicked around to donate the proceeds from the t-shirt to a charity Robin Williams had contributed to in his name or something.

Robo Reagan posted:

aww yeah i cant wait to play some half assed mario/mega man ripoff for rotting butts, assuming the game is released

I thought the ghost one sounded cool. :(

MJeff fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Aug 26, 2014

Other Barry
Jun 5, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
:siren::ducksiren:Kotaku reports on Twitter outrage over inappropriate endorsements within the game industry :ducksiren::siren:

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Robo Reagan posted:

the gently caress's the endgame at this point? even with her fans the paetron support is going to dry up eventually. guess she'll move in with some fleshpile that defended her the most on twitter?

When your personal/professional life has been stripped from you, the only way to go from there is to find Jesus. The perfect place for hypocritical, manipulative types is organized religion.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Robo Reagan posted:

You know what's great is that growing up you tell yourself that high school is a bunch of dumb bullshit and the real adult world is full of people who know what they're doing but now that I'm in college I've come to realize that in the next 50 years the POTUS will be screaming on twitter about how xyr's being triggered by the cis-scum Russian president and also all the video games will sucks

No. Because normal people don't actually act like this. All these people are broken in their own special way.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Automatic Slim posted:

When your personal/professional life has been stripped from you, the only way to go from there is to find Jesus. The perfect place for hypocritical, manipulative types is organized religion.

in my biased opinion im going to assume you get a prepared speech from zoey about how christians/religion are the reason for everything evil in the world

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
You can actually vote for the game to be made from the campaign, even if you haven't donated.

Automatic Slim posted:

Is Zoe gonna cuck God Himself?

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

well hello

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006
Cuckquest: The most innocent victim in all this is a fridge

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

"I'd rather not buy these," wrote one Twitter user in Japanese,

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Rad Tad posted:

"I'd rather not buy these," wrote one Twitter user in Japanese,

is everyone on Twitter a raging psychopath?!?!

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug

Robo Reagan posted:

in my biased opinion im going to assume you get a prepared speech from zoey about how christians/religion are the reason for everything evil in the world

That's why she'll become one with her inner Thetan.

Other Barry
Jun 5, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
"Make jam, eat it, and quickly enter the afterlife."

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

Anything funny happened here since that cucktales pic?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
"Who cares, go make a new Earthbound game."

Now this guy knows what he's talking about.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

horriblePencilist posted:

who was accused of exploiting women by Zoe.

The thing that really gets me about this is that she thinks making a lovely game in twine gives her any kind of insight on actual game development. 8% for an idea and a product you can actually show is a really good deal.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

blainestereo posted:

Anything funny happened here since that cucktales pic?

Yeah, this:

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

VJeff posted:

The Indiegogo money goes to the creation of the game, which I assume includes paying people to make it.

8% of the profits from selling the game when it's done go to the original idea girl. The rest goes to charity (for colon cancer).

this seems even worse, the "winner" won't see any profit unless the game is actually made and put up for sale, why not give her a share of the indiegogo money instead and let 100% of the sale proceeds go to charity

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
i thinkt he point is to make the game not just give money to random women

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

Oh god, the horror that Shigesato Itoi bought peaches from Fukishima! Totally worth reporting... unlike corruption in the game industry and a slew of hacking attacks.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

gently caress the ROW posted:

i thinkt he point is to make the game not just give money to random women

that's a cool point to make

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

I thought it was, but I just checked and I couldn't find it. Guess it is inconclusive, but was ultimately waved off due to lack of evidence. I found this though.

Don't give a gently caress about lame cards guy but that gawker article basically seems to be saying "this should follow him around for life whether or not it's true" and seems really petty

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug

Lobster Harmonica posted:

Don't give a gently caress about lame cards guy but that gawker article basically seems to be saying "this should follow him around for life whether or not it's true" and seems really petty

I guess you're not familiar with Gawker media?

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Holy poo poo the TFYC guy punched a fridge so hard he hurt himself

at least derek smart won vs that vending machine

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
What does idea mean in that indiegogo thing. Do they mean a detailed and extensive design document or do they mean "cat with a katana, kind of like sonic meets shenmu" because there's a massive difference.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

ymgve posted:

this seems even worse, the "winner" won't see any profit unless the game is actually made and put up for sale,

At which point, the winner has to settle for all the free concept art and exposure their idea got to try and get the game made elsewhere? How terrible that would be. :confused:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Also movie bob runs a show called The Game Overthinker that used to be just him talking games but it turned into some weird backyard DBZ poo poo with a lot of videogame jokes

Fat person wearing tapout shirt.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
if theres one thing we've learned its that american women have more than enough to eat and probably don't need a kickstarter to feed them

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

The Brown Menace posted:

at least derek smart won vs that vending machine

literally had the exact same thought

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.
Well colour me surprised:

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

slowbeef posted:

I think all the people involved in that Twitter thread are crazy. Serious.

"You people are worse than ISIS."
"You wanna say 'I'm Just kidding?'"
"No, you are probably murderers."
"Then watch your back! WINKY FACE!"

What the gently caress is wrong with these people.

"buy a dog" is an ancient 4chan meme

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
my favorite part of this is that zoe is a rapist by her own admission

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
IndieJuice is working on an article by collecting statement from game journalists and developers. To protect their identities, their names will be kept secret. There's a good chance we'll hear something new from that.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
*yaaaaaaaaawn* good morning goons i hope you all slept well, were there important developments during the night

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The Brown Menace posted:

Yeah, this stupid thing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ze-3l6V2Q1E

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

*yaaaaaaaaawn* good morning goons i hope you all slept well, were there important developments during the night

Well I only sucked 4 dicks today and only got a metacritic score of 34 for my excel spreadsheet macro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug

The Brown Menace posted:

Can I stay with "Anti Quinn folks are ISIS" dude is crazy and the other two are still weird for going, "What? That's not a death threat, it's a 4chan meme!"

• Locked thread