Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Lazyfire posted:

Wake me up when the Angry Joe Show and his imitators band together to pretend to be mad about video games while wearing leather jackets inside like it is a thing.

Angry Joe featuring PushingRoses, Linkara and Zoe Quinn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Is there a version of this that we don't need an electron microscope to read?

Paladinus posted:

Now imagine a dozen of TotalBiscuits setting up a news website.

rear end blood. Everywhere.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

horriblePencilist posted:

They gave Gone Home a 10/10 and The Wonderful 101 a 6/10

This is only remotely acceptable in the context of a pH scale rating human consumption

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

10/10, I was told to like this despite the fact it isn't a game.

Forums Barber
Jan 5, 2011

DrManiac posted:

Yeah, it was Jeff Gerstman who later went on to make giantbomb which is probably one of the most trustworthy game sites out there.

patrick pushed zoe down everybody's throats, but considering there's a Chrome extension to remove his articles from the site entirely it seems he's not exactly a selling point for giant bomb. generally they have the sense to say things like "we know these developers personally and are covering them because of that" which is a lot better than pretending otherwise.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

They also compared Spintires and Candybox to Dark Souls. Who needs journalism degrees!

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

i saw a screenshot earlier, the gone home 10/10 is another case of incestuous relationships between devs and journalists

i'll see if i can find it again

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Forums Barber posted:

patrick pushed zoe down everybody's throats, but considering there's a Chrome extension to remove his articles from the site entirely it seems he's not exactly a selling point for giant bomb. generally they have the sense to say things like "we know these developers personally and are covering them because of that" which is a lot better than pretending otherwise.

Where is this extension? It sounds magical :allears:

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Hey at least she did admit she was wrong. I was honestly hoping a bit more would come from that confession, like other people would go "oh hey actually maybe there was more to this story and the misogyny angle was just deflection".

Has anyone considered contacting Anita or other prominent e-feminists over the issue? It really seems like the perfect opportunity to distance themselves from what is almost a perfect characture of the straw feminist mras get so riled up about.

Forums Barber
Jan 5, 2011

The Brown Menace posted:

i saw a screenshot earlier, the gone home 10/10 is another case of incestuous relationships between devs and journalists

i'll see if i can find it again

it's something like "we don't think it's a conflict of interest that the dev appeared once on Idle Thumbs" but they were actually on the show a bunch and were visibly super close with that whole crew for years.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I'm fairly sure everybody who wants to stay respectable is staying the hell away from this fiasco.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

here's the gone home nepotism

i'm linking it because the picture is big

http://i.imgur.com/Wg6iLvL.jpg

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

The General posted:

It's a function of adblock

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

The General posted:

If there's one that replaces Patrick articles with "Dan Rykart shouldn't be able to survive without 24 hour supervision" stories I will be super happy.

Forums Barber
Jan 5, 2011
When a poc tumblr woman is going against Zoe for being misogynist you have to laugh your rear end off.

http://acesrhigh.tumblr.com/post/95813220683/nope-im-done-too-far-zoe-quinn-and-anita-sarkeesian

also includes Gail Simone removing a post to the game jam thing for women because someone told her "Zoe and Anita don't approve" and the guy who said Zoe attackers are worse than ISIS.

The General posted:

"nopat", was pretty excited to find it.

Forums Barber fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Aug 26, 2014

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Speaking of TotalBiscuit and integrity. He's at it again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd13fE5WJ3c

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

The General posted:

I'm fairly sure everybody who wants to stay respectable is staying the hell away from this fiasco.
But by not commenting they pretty much prove the mras right. This entire issue has been publicly handled as a huge double standard (compared to other recent examples like Max) with feministic language being primarily used to silence and censor discourse. Its pretty much all the negative criticisms on internet feminism people write off as being a "vocal minority" bundled into one very public example that's making it look like a clear majority.

DUNCAN DONUTS
Mar 27, 2010

by XyloJW

The Brown Menace posted:

2 tweets? what kind of sad nerd gives a gently caress?

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

DUNCAN DONUTS posted:

2 tweets? what kind of sad nerd gives a gently caress?

Forums Barber posted:

it's something like "we don't think it's a conflict of interest that the dev appeared once on Idle Thumbs" but they were actually on the show a bunch and were visibly super close with that whole crew for years.

Ave Azaria
Oct 4, 2010

by Lowtax

The General posted:

Not surprising considering you have to read a bunch of rambling truther-style collages and disconcertingly creepy threads to clue into Quinn's awfulness; There's no summarized version of this clusterfuck that doesn't sounds like your bitter divorced uncle is telling it.

DUNCAN DONUTS
Mar 27, 2010

by XyloJW

i will take your word for it, the act of actually verifying your post by watching a video game show is an unacceptable alternative

WilltheMagicAsian
Dec 11, 2011

Forums Barber posted:

When a poc tumblr woman is going against Zoe for being misogynist you have to laugh your rear end off.

http://acesrhigh.tumblr.com/post/95813220683/nope-im-done-too-far-zoe-quinn-and-anita-sarkeesian

also includes Gail Simone removing a post to the game jam thing for women because someone told her "Zoe and Anita don't approve" and the guy who said Zoe attackers are worse than ISIS.

"nopat", was pretty excited to find it.

I thought this messed up the front page but it actually just removed 3 of Patrick's posts that were at the top of the page, impressive.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
New design for the TFYC logo

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

DUNCAN DONUTS posted:

i will take your word for it, the act of actually verifying your post by watching a video game show is an unacceptable alternative

perhaps thinking for like 2 seconds how a "game" which has been widely derided as a walking simulator and a non-game and which can be completed, without any glitches or tricks, in a short enough span of time for the whole playthrough to fit into a 4 mb .gif managed to get a 10/10 would also work

DUNCAN DONUTS
Mar 27, 2010

by XyloJW

The Brown Menace posted:

perhaps thinking for like 2 seconds how a "game" which has been widely derided as a walking simulator and a non-game and which can be completed, without any glitches or tricks, in a short enough span of time for the whole playthrough to fit into a 4 mb .gif managed to get a 10/10 would also work

LOL I haven't played it but I see your point

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

The Brown Menace posted:

THIS PEOPLE IS NOT HONEST

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
This one's good too

DUNCAN DONUTS
Mar 27, 2010

by XyloJW

no ring

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Forums Barber posted:

This is pretty much what I was hoping to see more of. I mean imagine you're the kind of person who supports equal rights when asked on a point by point basis but got the impression through peers or whatever that feminism isn't about equality but instead about manhating or giving women an unfair leg up (this actually describes far more men and women than you'd think). This incredibly public debacle is going to do a ton of PR damage in the communities that read about it unless more progressives actually openly comment on how this isn't what feminism is supposed to be.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Shame, really.

TotalBiscuit and JonTron are gonna be streaming soon, talking about the most recent events. Should be interesting.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Shame, really.

TotalBiscuit and JonTron are gonna be streaming soon, talking about the most recent events. Should be interesting.

link?

Ave Azaria
Oct 4, 2010

by Lowtax

ArbitraryC posted:

This incredibly public debacle
she has less followers than @RealCarrotTop

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

The Brown Menace posted:

it was popular with tons of different critics though, the average score is like 8.6 and 48 out of 55 professional reviews were strongly positive, and the other seven mixed. This is more a case of "critical darling which is not well loved by the public" which comes up time and time again in any media without the need for accusations of nepotism, just of critics being out of touch or having different tastes than the general public.

what's Eurogamer like as a site, in terms of integrity? I know a guy who used to write for them and he seems pretty cool and non-twatty

Forums Barber
Jan 5, 2011

The Brown Menace posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9qlm8olmn0 47 second speedrun.

this spoils the plot, which is that you came home, nobody was there, and your sister ran away. It does skip the EXCITING PLOT TWIST that the person your sister ran away from home with is her lesbian girlfriend. 10/10

still a better game than Depression Quest, which as somebody said if you printscreened every page and stapled them together would lose no gameplay elements.

Forums Barber fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Aug 26, 2014

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Forums Barber posted:

this spoils the plot, which is that you came home, nobody was there, and your sister ran away. It does skip the EXCITING PLOT TWIST that the person your sister ran away from home with is her girlfriend. 10/10

:monocle:

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Forums Barber posted:

this spoils plot, which is that you came home, nobody was there, and your sister ran away. It does skip the EXCITING PLOT TWIST that the person your sister ran away from home with is her girlfriend. 10/10

isn't this like doing a speedrun of a book by reading each chapter title then skipping to the last page? I mean, not everyone has to enjoy interactive storytelling as a medium, but this video kinda deliberately misses the point.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Forums Barber posted:

this spoils the plot, which is that you came home, nobody was there, and your sister ran away. It does skip the EXCITING PLOT TWIST that the person your sister ran away from home with is her girlfriend. 10/10

Reported for homophobic hate speech.

Anyway, TotalBiscuit should be streaming on his Twitch. Be there or be square.

horriblePencilist fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Aug 26, 2014

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Forums Barber posted:

GAMES ARE ART
A
M
E
S

A
R
E

A
R
T

Forums Barber
Jan 5, 2011
The Youtube description sums it up pretty well -- they say, yeah, this is a pretty good 2-3 hour interactive experience of looking at prettily lit rooms and reading journals, but is that a 10/10 go spend $20 on this right now game? Well, if your buddies wrote it, then hell yeah!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

"gently caress you Devin Faraci. gently caress you for calling us “terrorists” “worse than ISIS.” You’re a piece of poo poo. You’re no “son of Brooklyn” you rear end in a top hat."

hahaha alright that was p funny

• Locked thread