Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

this is one of my favourite goals of all time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

straight up brolic posted:

lvg signing shirts

Trying to write out his resignation letter but people keep shoving their laundry in his face lol

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Top 4 Swansea's Reserves beat Championship Rotherham 1-0 tonight if anyone was wondering.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Florentino needs to bring De Gea home.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
looks like LVG is a fan of MLS defending lmao

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I am staggered that anyone is suggesting that this ranks up there with the all time great cup upsets. It would be if this was even remotely close to a first choice United line up. It isn't, so let's get things into perspective.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Has anyone said POOSHITED yet

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

serious gaylord posted:

Look at that defending. Just look at it. Professional football players.

Reminds me of my co-rec team from this summer.

Badnan
Jun 24, 2005
When east meets west ... it's DEADLY!

serious gaylord posted:

Look at that defending. Just look at it. Professional football players.

Altidoresque

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Frankston posted:

I am staggered that anyone is suggesting that this ranks up there with the all time great cup upsets. It would be if this was even remotely close to a first choice United line up. It isn't, so let's get things into perspective.

I think that everyone should have a big laugh and piss on man united shirts aha

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

advanced statsman posted:

Anderson is a fat piece of poo poo and I'm surprised he wasn't sold years ago

I was honestly shocked and dismayed to see him on the pitch.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
i stopped watching the match at 2:0 to the mk dons bc i thought that was the absolute maximum of embarrasement possible

:negative:

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
Norwich scarves will be out in force soon lmao

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
He fielded a team of youngsters and players that have clearly been told to perform or gently caress off and they all just couldnt be arsed.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

I guess it should be noted that the randomly chosen first word in the file name of that Afobe goal gif is "Defenseless"

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Frankston posted:

those guys are so out of touch with reality

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
good to get this fixture congestion out of the way imho

Spam
Nov 28, 2010

Frankston posted:

Straight from the BBC Sport live feed you bindipper

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

i actually can't think of a bigger cup piss take in football history. it wasn't a defensive 1-0 or 2-1, they just got loving rolled by a fake club. im absolutely loving it.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

mackintosh posted:

Yep. Anderson didn't surprise me one bit, but Hernandez has been like a lifeless turd and that's disappointing.

Im still shocked that people think Hernandez is this good footballer when all hes ever done is score goals, he does nothing for the team in build up play

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
http://www.redcafe.net/threads/unpopular-opinions-thread.383975/page-25#post-16341773

who guessed 3 games?

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!

Ugh, EPL defending :barf:

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

not not luvd posted:

this is one of my favourite goals of all time

I can't stop watching it luvd

K U N T Z
Dec 29, 2008

The Lot Of You...
I'm glad, now we can concentrate on building the team around A Januzai and A DM

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

serious gaylord posted:

He fielded a team of youngsters and players that have clearly been told to perform or gently caress off and they all just couldnt be arsed.

im amazed how bad johnny evans was, he must not be fit or something

Whitey Snipes
Nov 30, 2004

Can't decide if this is worse than the loss against York City, probably worse.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
Firstly, I genuinely don’t care if this comes across as RAWKISH, or melodramatic, or anything like that, because it’s the truth, and I’m angry.

This is something that I didn’t want to write, but more importantly this is something I didn’t think I would have to write. I was sure we’d win this game, this team has what all the other great teams of the past have had, desire. We deserved better than this, we deserved better than a poor pass from Evans, we deserved better than 3-0.
When we’ve won the Carling Cup before, we’ve had to overcome adversary, we’ve had to split oceans apart to manage to get what we as a football club deserve. Success, trophies, respect. Sure we’ve had to overcome some dodgy decisions, but I can’t think of a single decision that has not only managed to place us at a massive disadvantage numerically, tactically, and in a purely 1-0 point of view. This destroyed the night, it was genuinely an awful, awful decision that has knocked us out of the Carling Cup, simple as that Johnny.

However, what makes this club great is the fact that nothing keeps us down, not the Munich Air Disaster, not our best players leaving, not financial instability, and certainly not a decision that a poo poo referee has made against us to hand a tie to an undeserving team. We will come back. We will win more European Cups, and what makes it better than the bitter tears of our rivals, is the fact that we know that we fully deserve all the success that we have had, do have, and will continue to have in the future.
This, like all other bits of tragedy, misfortune, and injustices will do nothing but make us stronger, and when we lift the Premier League next, we’ll look back and smile at tonight, because we know that it’s driven us on to bigger things. It’s a typical Manchester United cliché, but it’s 100% true. We’ll never die.

We are Manchester United. And we do believe.

Sauska
Sep 12, 2012

*tumbles into thread desperately gasping for breath* pooshited

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

The Big Taff Man posted:

im amazed how bad johnny evans was, he must not be fit or something

I think he literally had no loving idea what he was meant to be doing. All the goals he was completely out of position for the 'central' defender in a back 3.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
no loving way ahahahahahaha

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

tbh if that forum as anything like rawk or bluemoon or any of the other main club forums i bet theres one guy who said LVG out after 1 match

Psybro
May 12, 2002
I wonder when the last time something like this happened?

quote:

Manchester United 0 York City 3 (Barnes 24 & 51 (pen),Barras 53).

Manchester United: Pilkington, Parker, Irwin, McGibbon, Pallister, P Neville (Cooke 46), Davies (Bruce 58), Beckham, Sharpe, McClair, Giggs.

Phwoar, the future's looking bright lads! James Wilson is gonna win it all and then go to Real.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

The Big Taff Man posted:

Im still shocked that people think Hernandez is this good footballer when all hes ever done is score goals, he does nothing for the team in build up play

he spent all game dropping deep he was playing in midfield at times baffling stuff

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

The Big Taff Man posted:

You're right, of course. It's probably because all people remember is him scoring goals and that gives the wrong impression.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
James Wilson looked good when he came on though eh lads. One for the future.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Surely you have something better to do.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

serious gaylord posted:

I think he literally had no loving idea what he was meant to be doing. All the goals he was completely out of position for the 'central' defender in a back 3.

3-5-2 is a dumb formation for fail old men who don't know waht they're doing

like this post if you agree

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Shrapnig posted:

Surely you have something better to do.

this but 30000 posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kcer
May 28, 2004