Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

What the heck is going on in here???

On Terra Firma posted:

I'm replacing my Deathadder 3.5g after some jittering problems started popping up. I have a Zowie FK and Mionix 7000 coming in tomorrow and I'll send back whatever feels worse and write something up about both if I have time.

Both are good mice. If you like the fk try to get the fk1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Diddie posted:

Both are good mice. If you like the fk try to get the fk1.

Eh, yes and no.

Really impressed with the overall build quality of both, but the Mionix is just really oddly designed. I can't really get over the side buttons, and the rubber coating on it is really slippery. The coating on the Zowie is nice as hell though and I really like it, but it's too small for my hands.

SO, I ordered an EC1 because how nice the build quality is on the FK. It's a great mouse, but it's not for me. The mionix.. Eh, it's just such a weird shape I'm not sure how you'd hold it without hitting the side buttons alllll the time.

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

What the heck is going on in here???

On Terra Firma posted:

Eh, yes and no.

Really impressed with the overall build quality of both, but the Mionix is just really oddly designed. I can't really get over the side buttons, and the rubber coating on it is really slippery. The coating on the Zowie is nice as hell though and I really like it, but it's too small for my hands.

SO, I ordered an EC1 because how nice the build quality is on the FK. It's a great mouse, but it's not for me. The mionix.. Eh, it's just such a weird shape I'm not sure how you'd hold it without hitting the side buttons alllll the time.

The FK1 is bigger than the FK and has the better sensor. I also have large-ish hands and I end up somewhere between fingertipping and palming it.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

On Terra Firma posted:

I'm really confused by the Logitech love in here though. I've always found my hands and fingers were way too big to fit into any of the ergonomic stuff that Logitech makes and always wondered why they didn't do anything in the shape of the WMO/Iintellimouse. It seems like a tested well received design but they have to make all their poo poo look like it plopped out of my computer as a gift from Tron or whatever :confused:

I personally dislike the look of Logitech mice but continue to buy them because they are remarkably reliable for a non-durable-good, peripheral device, and they tend to be at least equal to other companies in features, with (usually) a modestly lower price. If the basics of business are "do it better or do it cheaper," they're ticking both boxes in each product tier/type, in my opinion. And despite its vaguely Voltron-ish look, the G502 happens to be super duper comfortable for my hands. Good hardware, good software (now), pretty legendary support if a thing does break.

I mean, I'm sure there's some simple brand loyalty going on too, can't really get away from your blind spots...

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Diddie posted:

The FK1 is bigger than the FK and has the better sensor. I also have large-ish hands and I end up somewhere between fingertipping and palming it.

I think it's still a good mouse, and I certainly aim just fine with it. I just find that my middle ring and pinkie fingers get sore from holding the right side because it's so straight up and down. I'll look at the FK1 though.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
I just cashed in a bunch of change and now have some Amazon $$$ for a new gaming mouse and mouse pad. I currently have a Logitech MX518. I prefer wired mice. I'm not a brand whore, so I'll look into other brands than Logitech.

I play mostly FPS games.

Suggestions?

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

On Terra Firma posted:

The FK1 is their new hotness if you like the classic ambidextrous shape. It's running the newest sensor yet and has more DPI options if that's relevant to you.

I love the EC1 eVo (white). I had to RMA my first one for LMB & wheel overclicking in just under a year of usage, but I can tell I got the new revision because they tightened up the formerly loose wheel and improved some other stuff. It's a loving comfortable mouse. If you're not a big fan of rubberized coatings that wear down with time, I recommend the "glossy" models because it seems to never wear down and it never slips in my grip, even with sweat conditions.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

TheRationalRedditor posted:

The FK1 is their new hotness if you like the classic ambidextrous shape. It's running the newest sensor yet and has more DPI options if that's relevant to you.

I love the EC1 eVo (white). I had to RMA my first one for LMB & wheel overclicking in just under a year of usage, but I can tell I got the new revision because they tightened up the formerly loose wheel and improved some other stuff. It's a loving comfortable mouse. If you're not a big fan of rubberized coatings that wear down with time, I recommend the "glossy" models because it seems to never wear down and it never slips in my grip, even with sweat conditions.

I got the ambidextrous shape to try something else out, but I had a deathadder before this. I think the EC1 will be a good step up.

The sides don't matter that much because I usually end up slicing up pieces of tennis wrap (like what goes on rackets) and sticking them to the sides. It feels awesome.

Thom ZombieForm
Oct 29, 2010

I will eat you alive
I will eat you alive
I will eat you alive
I have a very large hand it is really big. I use the logitech mx518 and my hand starts hurting (mouse feels small to me). "thewirecutter.com" always tells me what to buy and it says to buy a deathadder. Does the deathadder give more surface area to grasp?

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Yes and no. The older ones did, but the newer one with that weird grip doesn't feel anywhere near as nice.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Progression Please posted:

I have a very large hand it is really big. I use the logitech mx518 and my hand starts hurting (mouse feels small to me). "thewirecutter.com" always tells me what to buy and it says to buy a deathadder. Does the deathadder give more surface area to grasp?

Not sure how much stock I'd put into a website that manages to do THAT much research and still recommends a Razer product as #1 and two mice with lovely laser sensors as runner ups for "best gaming mice".

That being said, the DA 2014 has a very good sensor and the price isn't that bad, and they are frequently out on display to try at places like Best Buy and Microcenter and such. So you might be able to give one a spin and see how it fits in your hand. Any chance you can get to put your hands on a mouse before you buy it is great, you can always ask someone working at those stores if you can try a few as well.

Is the problem more the height of the mouse? Or width? A couple others you could look at might be the Steelseries Rival or the Naos 7000 (which is quite wide). It's probably just going to come down to your particular style of grip, mice are very difficult like that.

Is a trackball an option for you at all? That might be another option you could look at.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
G402 Hyperion Fury seems like a relatively long mouse.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

It's inline with other Logitech mice, which are themselves a bit longer than a lot of other mice, by around a centimeter or two.

code:
mouse/           Length Width Height (mm)
402              136    72    41
502              131    75    41
602              140    83    44
700s             129    84    47
DeathAdder       127    70    44
Zowie FK1        128    67    37
Intellimouse 3.0 132    69    43
Kinzu v2         117    64    36
Corsair M40      118    77    39
Taipan           124    63    36

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

kaschei posted:

It's inline with other Logitech mice, which are themselves a bit longer than a lot of other mice, by around a centimeter or two.

code:
mouse/           Length Width Height (mm)
402              136    72    41
502              131    75    41
602              140    83    44
700s             129    84    47
DeathAdder       127    70    44
Zowie FK1        128    67    37
Intellimouse 3.0 132    69    43
Kinzu v2         117    64    36
Corsair M40      118    77    39
Taipan           124    63    36

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I was suggesting it for the dude with big hands.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

And I was pointing out that the 602 is even longer and he should reconsider on the DA

Paracetamol
Jun 13, 2005
This space intentionally left blank
My Logitech MX620 finally died after years of faithful service (buttons worked, sensor didn't). I replaced it with the Logitech G602 and I'm quite happy with it. I have slightly-below-average to average size hands and it doesn't feel too large or uncomfortable, and the weight is quite alright. I can easily use the 6 buttons on the side even in the dark, and the sensor seems to track well enough. I have only used it in League of Legends and it works well enough for my average skills. I'm yet to try out the DPI scaling in an FPS, but it works pretty well in Illustrator for when I'm trying to do fine stuff. The only downside is the lack of freewheel, which I quite liked on the old MX620.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
My G402 came from Logitech pre-order. Really nice mouse, pretty much what it says on the tin in terms of "lighter g502." I like it.

GenericRX
Jun 29, 2013
The right click on my Logitech G300 is failing, and I'm going to order a new mouse. Which mice have the closest button orientation? I'd prefer buttons on the top right side. Pretty lights are also a plus.

Kuromyneko
Aug 21, 2014

Kuro neko

I got a G600 mouse afew days ago has anyone figured out how to use the Logitech G600s many many function? I found out how to type a full sentence with just one button if thats useful :).

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Kuromyneko posted:

I got a G600 mouse afew days ago has anyone figured out how to use the Logitech G600s many many function? I found out how to type a full sentence with just one button if thats useful :).

You can do this with any mouse if you're using the OSK, doesn't seem like a big deal...

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

So the G502 was everything that people in this thread said it was.
My only issue is that drat DPI switch thumb button. I rest my thumb right where the edge of it is, and it's somewhat irritating.

Kuromyneko
Aug 21, 2014

Kuro neko

Shooting Blanks posted:

You can do this with any mouse if you're using the OSK, doesn't seem like a big deal...

Well this is my first gaming mouse so I'm still trying to get to grips with all the functions and how they are supposed to be used. Been using it mainly for starcraft 2 and eve online and being able to switch units or charge weapons with the mouse is nice, just taking practice not to look at the thing :). Don't think I could use it for fps games yet though.

GokieKS
Dec 15, 2012

Mostly Harmless.

Kuromyneko posted:

I set up 3 profiles for mine - one for Windows desktop usage, one for non-MMO games, and one for MMOs. For the Windows profile, I have them bound to a bunch of functions (copy/cut/paste/home/end/rename/refresh/etc), but I honestly couldn't remember where most of them are, so in reality I just use two of them for forward/back like on a normal mouse.

Sterling_Archer
May 10, 2012

"What do you mean we're not in compliance?"
Had to come back to this thread and qualify my Func MS-3 endorsement. They have serious quality control issues and I've gone through three with cable issues. While this is the best mouse I've ever used (as a palm grip user) it is also the one I've had the most issues with. Occasionally when you move the mouse from side to side, the cable signal will die, and cause either the left click to stop working, right click to stop working, or the mouse to stop working entirely.

I love the MS-3 but jesus christ they need to fix the cable issues.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010

Sterling_Archer posted:

Had to come back to this thread and qualify my Func MS-3 endorsement. They have serious quality control issues and I've gone through three with cable issues. While this is the best mouse I've ever used (as a palm grip user) it is also the one I've had the most issues with. Occasionally when you move the mouse from side to side, the cable signal will die, and cause either the left click to stop working, right click to stop working, or the mouse to stop working entirely.

I love the MS-3 but jesus christ they need to fix the cable issues.

You've basically said what I've said about my Func. I'm now on a Mionix Naos and... its not the same. I want the Func back. I'm tempted to buy a "Revision 2" or whatever MS-3 and see if its really fixed...

Kuromyneko
Aug 21, 2014

Kuro neko

GokieKS posted:

I set up 3 profiles for mine - one for Windows desktop usage, one for non-MMO games, and one for MMOs. For the Windows profile, I have them bound to a bunch of functions (copy/cut/paste/home/end/rename/refresh/etc), but I honestly couldn't remember where most of them are, so in reality I just use two of them for forward/back like on a normal mouse.

I'm trying to figure that out too, was looking for a website for profiles but there doesn't seem to be any for the G200, even though it says share profile in the Gaming software. Maybe looking in the wrong place.

(Oops sorry the sharing function links to fb tumblr etc)

Kuromyneko fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Sep 5, 2014

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Any recommendations for an MMO friendly mouse, is the Logitech G600 a safe bet?

Ahz
Jun 17, 2001
PUT MY CART BACK? I'M BETTER THAN THAT AND YOU! WHERE IS MY BUTLER?!
Pretty happy with the Razer Naga 2014. The new mechanical buttons are pretty easy to differentiate, but I mostly like it because of how light it is to use and it has a nice rest for my ring finger instead of clumping it with my pinky. The finish is surprisingly good for my sweaty palms as well. I also like how the mouse wheel has side clicking, but the wheel rubber grip has enough of a 3d effect that I can shift left/right without actually shift/taking my finger off the scroll wheel.

fookolt
Mar 13, 2012

Where there is power
There is resistance
What wireless mice on this list would people recommend?

http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=32933.0

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

fookolt posted:

What wireless mice on this list would people recommend?

http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=32933.0

whoops. missed the wireless part, my bad.

The Lord Bude fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Sep 6, 2014

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Just cut the cord right off. Completely optional cord on the 502. No idea why it's there.

fookolt
Mar 13, 2012

Where there is power
There is resistance
Hah, from the Amazon page:

Kuromyneko
Aug 21, 2014

Kuro neko

Elderbean posted:

Any recommendations for an MMO friendly mouse, is the Logitech G600 a safe bet?

I've found it pretty good but takes a lot of getting used to, I hardly use the lower row of buttons though or the switch functions. It also seems really big at first compared to my old small mouse. I'm using it pretty much for every mmo though at the moment :). Not tried the razor mouse so can't compare them to say which is better.

Goo
Aug 30, 2002

Hello Drippy

fookolt posted:

Hah, from the Amazon page:

The people who write stuff to give to Amazon pretty much just assume everything we make is wireless. So the thing initially went out saying 2 AA batteries required (just like G602) because fact checking is hard and probably not necessary. The question got posted before we asked Amazon to delete the requirement, but they won't remove the question for some reason.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug
Well I've come to the conclusion that the newer Logitech mice are just too big for me. I had to return the g402 now because I can't reach the sniper button and can't even come close to reaching the dpi buttons. The mouse is actually fairly usable but with no tilt wheel and three buttons out of reach it doesn't have enough buttons for me.

Goo please make mice sized for ladies and guys like me with baby hands.

fookolt
Mar 13, 2012

Where there is power
There is resistance
I ended up staying wired once again and got the G502. It is a really beautiful and nice feeling mouse. I still like my G9 better, but the G502 will do just fine for playing Destiny on the PS4 with the XIM4.

Is it just me or does the scroll wheel feel gigantic?

GokieKS
Dec 15, 2012

Mostly Harmless.
It is rather larger than most, but that makes it less prone to accidentally middle-clicks when trying to tilt it, I think.

fookolt
Mar 13, 2012

Where there is power
There is resistance

GokieKS posted:

It is rather larger than most, but that makes it less prone to accidentally middle-clicks when trying to tilt it, I think.

Not really related, but from the MX510 to the G502, I've always rebound the forward thumb button to mouse3. It's great for FPS games for meleeing.

Kuromyneko
Aug 21, 2014

Kuro neko

overdriveGTO posted:

Well I've come to the conclusion that the newer Logitech mice are just too big for me. I had to return the g402 now because I can't reach the sniper button and can't even come close to reaching the dpi buttons. The mouse is actually fairly usable but with no tilt wheel and three buttons out of reach it doesn't have enough buttons for me.

Goo please make mice sized for ladies and guys like me with baby hands.

My new logi tech is about 3 times the size of my old mouse, it was hard to use at first but now it seems a lot easier. My hands are not really huge builders hands either :).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Kuromyneko posted:

My new logi tech is about 3 times the size of my old mouse, it was hard to use at first but now it seems a lot easier. My hands are not really huge builders hands either :).
Yeah, that G600 is giant loving rock of a mouse, which I kinda like, but it's also heavier than expected too.