Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
re: Urgot: Don't forget the buffs to Essence Reaver either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlienMachine
Aug 20, 2014

Time to die, Semper Fi~
Lately when I start up a match, my client crashed before loading screen - Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening?
Or is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Kiran
Jul 4, 2013

Oh man this new champion has an awesome aesthetic, I'm so excited. :dance:

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I honestly can see Azir working in any non-marksman role, similar to Gnar. A slow, far-ranged harass, a knockup, and a wall is a pretty solid loadout for support. Plus he's naturally ranged. Support items tend to have a lot of CDR as well.

If he can work in the jungle though, those ganks are going to be utterly brutal.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Brannock posted:

re: Urgot: Don't forget the buffs to Essence Reaver either.

I don't know, I think Tear is still going to be more useful than either waiting for a BF sword or grabbing an early vamp scepter. Even with the mana return, just doing a combo is going to run him out so fast. And the fact that muramana late is really mean on him later.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Brannock posted:

I honestly can see Azir working in any non-marksman role, similar to Gnar. A slow, far-ranged harass, a knockup, and a wall is a pretty solid loadout for support. Plus he's naturally ranged. Support items tend to have a lot of CDR as well.

If he can work in the jungle though, those ganks are going to be utterly brutal.

I don't know if he's got enough disengage to be a great support.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

theflyingorc posted:

I think if you had the mechanics you could use the ghost attacks to make it too dangerous to chase at least.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

theflyingorc posted:

He has the knockup and the ult wall knockbacks. It might depend on the cooldown on his knockup.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Just gonna post this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7HbMph8Uos

I always disliked Monte in general and thought he was fake, but this video just takes the cake.

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Rurea posted:

Call me crazy but unless Azir is super squishy I'm going to take him top lane, go RoA, Nashors, Lichbane, and split push all day and not give any fucks.

Initially I thought you were a bit crazy but I realized the turret possession mechanic would mean that you get a safe zone to retreat into from turrets you've pushed down and he's got both the ult and Jarvan combo as escape mechanisms. So yeah, you'll still die sometimes but you've got a lot more escape potential than you'd expect.

Unless his walk speed is something hilariously slow to cement the idea that he's 'regal.'

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?

misguided rage posted:

It doesn't work on enemy inhib turrets so I don't think it's gonna be too useful offensively. You'll be able to get some use out of it in mid lane since the turrets are so close together, but other than that it seems like more of a defensive thing. Losing an inhib turret is suddenly less of an issue if you can pop up a sun disk.

I wonder how it works if the disk is destroyed, though. How long do you have to wait before you can re-disk the same turret?

I do wonder how long it lasts. One offensive use I could think of is that it would make pushing easier. If you get jumped (or even have a fair team fight), you have to survive enough to get back to the most recently destroyed turret, and bam, you suddenly have a turret buddy on your side.

EDIT: It looks like the turret might not build quickly enough to be valuable for this. Also, isn't the following line in the teamfights description of the page just wrong? "When attacking enemy inhibitors, Azir can resurrect their inner turret, trapping the enemy team inside their crumbling base and making counter-engages a dangerous proposition."

I thought he couldn't actually resurrect the inhibitor turret? Or by "inner turret" are they talking about the turret prior to the inhibitor turret?

SlyFrog fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Aug 26, 2014

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013
That's the fourth bugfix in the last few patches that has nerfed Shyvana. Riot please. :smith:

Azir looks really cool. I'm probably going to try him as a top lane split pusher.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Azir's passive is apparently not automatic. You right click the tower you want to pop the thing up on and then it sets up. It apparently has a cooldown that gives it ~25% up time currently. Their health decays over 1 minute, so they're similar to Yorick ghouls in that respect.

Also you currently can't use ohmwrecker on it, for those for whom that was a burning question.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

SlyFrog posted:

I do wonder how long it lasts. One offensive use I could think of is that it would make pushing easier. If you get jumped (or even have a fair team fight), you have to survive enough to get back to the most recently destroyed turret, and bam, you suddenly have a turret buddy on your side.

EDIT: It looks like the turret might not build quickly enough to be valuable for this. Also, isn't the following line in the teamfights description of the page just wrong? "When attacking enemy inhibitors, Azir can resurrect their inner turret, trapping the enemy team inside their crumbling base and making counter-engages a dangerous proposition."

I thought he couldn't actually resurrect the inhibitor turret? Or by "inner turret" are they talking about the turret prior to the inhibitor turret?

They mean the tier 2 turret.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Looking at the new champ, glad to see none of the weakness against ones are meta champs or any- oh wait.

He looks rad though, glad to see Riot releasing a new champ so soon.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Che Delilas posted:

I don't know, I think Tear is still going to be more useful than either waiting for a BF sword or grabbing an early vamp scepter. Even with the mana return, just doing a combo is going to run him out so fast. And the fact that muramana late is really mean on him later.

I don't like Manamune/Muramana on anybody. I think it is a universally terrible item even on champions that optimally utilize it (Urgot, Jayce, Yorick, and...?). If anyone you are laning against (that isn't Ryze) comes back to lane with a Tear of the Goddess you should just green light dumptruck them. I can't remember the last time I built one and felt like I got results out of it.

Back when Lizard Elder was really strong (even in lane) I would go Lizard Elder/Brutalizer Urgot and that would destroy lanes so hard it was disgusting. I haven't really wanted to play Urgot much since they nerfed that as a lane item, but Essence Reaver has kind of replaced it. I would wager that I've built more Essence Reavers than anyone ITT, and I'm really glad that item is getting further buffs in 4.15. I just think it is the perfect blend of stats (large amount of AD, good lifesteal, !!!10% CDR!!!, and an attacking mana font) for any kind of combo casting ranged champion. I like Essence Reaver over Muramana in any champion item-pathing circumstance where you would want one or the other. I've built it on Caster Marksmen, Utility Marksmen, Jayce, and Urgot and I like it on all of them.

My 4.15 Urgot build would be something like:

Essence Reaver > Brutalizer > Lucidity Boots (mid-game Max CDR) > Last Whisper > 1 or 2 Defensive Items + Brutalizer Upgrade of Choice.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Libertine posted:

I don't like Manamune/Muramana on anybody. I think it is a universally terrible item even on champions that optimally utilize it (Urgot, Jayce, Yorick, and...?).

I think it's a great pickup if you can first back Tear plus a major component of another item somehow with an advantage, but trying to buy it in any lane that you aren't already winning is a terrible idea because Tear is just so bad on it's own that you'll probably be crying when the enemy laner punishes you for your flagrant waste of 700 gold.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Flipswitch posted:

Looking at the new champ, glad to see none of the weakness against ones are meta champs or any- oh wait.

He looks rad though, glad to see Riot releasing a new champ so soon.

If I'm reading right assassins will destroy him, it sounds like he needs to go into a channeling-like state to command his units.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

a medical mystery posted:

If I'm reading right assassins will destroy him, it sounds like he needs to go into a channeling-like state to command his units.

Where are you getting that from? It seems pretty simple to me - the sand soldiers essentially just act as an increased auto-attack range for him (although we don't know what kind of damage they do or how much).

His Q does seem to have quite a brutally long animation on it though, but without watching someone play him we can't know how restrictive it is with letting you cancel out of it.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I'll update the PBE tomorrow and make a few videos of this guy if I can, he looks loving rad.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Flipswitch posted:

I'll update the PBE tomorrow and make a few videos of this guy if I can, he looks loving rad.

One of the Surrender@20 guys is going to stream the PBE updates when it comes back up: http://www.hitbox.tv/woops Which should be in about an hour?

Renekton is getting a visual update this PBE cycle too. http://www.surrenderat20.net/2014/08/826-pbe-azir.html

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Wow some people are having real trouble understanding how Azir's soldier autoattack works despite it explicitly being shown exactly how it works in the video.

He has a normal ranged autoattack. It might be just how the video is set up but the autoattack range looks kinda short? Not Gnar-short, but maybe 500 units?

He can summon a soldier. Based on the Q video he can have multiple out at a time, but probably only 2, or 3 with max CDR.

If he attacks a target and the target is out of the soldier autoattack range, he will just ranged-autoattack it.

If the target is in the range of one of his soldiers, he just waves his hand, and the soldier attacks it.

I kind of wish he could jungle, but it looks like his sand soldiers have a duration, not a health bar, so they won't be able to tank for him.

bewilderment fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Aug 27, 2014

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

bewilderment posted:

He can summon a soldier. Based on the Q video he can have multiple out at a time, but probably only 2, or 3 with max CDR.

Just from the pbe data it seems like he can have about ~2 seconds of 3 soldiers at max CDR, but mostly its going to be 2 soldiers. Unless the amount you can store scales.

Right now its 2 soldiers stored in your sandbank. 1.5 sec cooldown on bringing a soldier out. 12 seconds to spawn a new soldier. Soldiers last 9 seconds.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
It looks kind of like a controllable melee zyra plant. They also attack in straight lines and can hit multiple enemies at the same time with each stab!

EDIT: Ugh the pbe guy doesn't seem to realize how many loving free autos he's missing with his soldiers. RIGHT CLICK THEM YOU IDIOT!!

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

bewilderment posted:

Wow some people are having real trouble understanding how Azir's soldier autoattack works despite it explicitly being shown exactly how it works in the video.

He has a normal ranged autoattack. It might be just how the video is set up but the autoattack range looks kinda short? Not Gnar-short, but maybe 500 units?

If he attacks a target and the target is out of the soldier autoattack range, he will just ranged-autoattack it.

If the target is in the range of one of his soldiers, he just waves his hand, and the soldier attacks it.

I kind of wish he could jungle, but it looks like his sand soldiers have a duration, not a health bar, so they won't be able to tank for him.

OK, this makes sense. Thanks.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

His Q and his E both look like they require a soldier to exist to do anything at all. Will his W have six levels with an automatic point at level 1? Will he be forced to take it first?

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
:siren: RENEKTON BEING PRETTIED UP YA'LL :siren:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

bewilderment posted:

His Q and his E both look like they require a soldier to exist to do anything at all. Will his W have six levels with an automatic point at level 1? Will he be forced to take it first?

You're almost definitely going to have to take W at level 1, which is fine because its essentially a useful spell on its own. Given the cooldown of the soldiers, you're pretty much guaranteed to always have 1 soldier in the bank.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

NTT posted:

No. 1 indicator of a bronze player is that they have no idea how to hide their intentions. Good players lull you into a false sense of security and confidence so that they get positioning so strong that you will die, summoners be damned. Bronze players have no idea how to work with junglers either. They jump the gun because they see their j4 coming to gank, but either they get aggressive way too early and the enemy just walks out, or they turn way too late and you end up alone. Bronze players also don't think critically about all ins. They telegraph abilities like a mofo and don't really think about dodging skillshots, only landing theirs. This is really the heart of Vayne syndrome. It is entirely up to the vayne player to utilize her kit to dodge as many skillshots as possible. It only takes one ahri charm to end you.

Bronze is horrible in every way, got it.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

brb buying this

stump collector
May 28, 2007
You're in the wrong if you didn't already own Cool Hat Renekton. This is also why Witch Hat nidalee is the best

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Renekton also got a voice update and he sounds exactly like Garrosh Hellscream now (I'm guessing its the same VA)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6amWnZxJZk0

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Renekton also got a voice update and he sounds exactly like Garrosh Hellscream now (I'm guessing its the same VA)

Renekton's always been voiced by the guy that does Garrosh Hellscream, just add an echo. On top of that, the same guy voices Kog'maw, Lucian, and Wukong :psyduck:

Annnnnnnnd Sivir and Cassiopeia all got some extra voice lines!
http://www.surrenderat20.net/2014/08/826-pbe-azir.html

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
Man it's really obvious with the new Cass lines that she's the same VA as Shyvana and Zyra (Fiora's a little harder to tell but mostly just because of the accent)

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Just made 7 people dodge queue in a row just by speaking Portuguese *adds a few marks on the PC*

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Hello friends. Sometimes, shocking as it might seem, it's better to not kite! If the enemies you're attempting to kite are faster than you, then all you're doing is giving up free hits on them (since they're moving faster than you are, thus they have more "uptime" to stand and hit you or use abilities) and you're splitting yourself away from your team. This sad tale ends with you, alone, being brutally murdered and the champions you were trying to kite turn around and join their teammates to finish off the rest of your team.

Especially if you have a bunch of slow teammates like Taric and Nasus, just stand and fight and let them help shut down the people riding your rear end. Or even just try to kite AROUND the fight, instead of AWAY from the fight.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry

Jerkface posted:

One of the Surrender@20 guys is going to stream the PBE updates when it comes back up: http://www.hitbox.tv/woops Which should be in about an hour?

Renekton is getting a visual update this PBE cycle too. http://www.surrenderat20.net/2014/08/826-pbe-azir.html

quote:

Azir summons a Sand Soldier for 9 seconds. When Azir attacks an enemy in a soldier’s range, the soldier attacks instead of Azir, dealing 50 (+.7 AP) magic damage to enemies in a line. Soldiers attack even if Azir himself isn’t in basic attack range.

Holy dingdogs! So that 90% attack speed you get from Nashor's Tooth is gonna go pretty far, huh?

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013
Are those the only Renekton skins getting updated or should we expect the other ones to hit PBE soon?

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

TheModernAmerican posted:

Holy dingdogs! So that 90% attack speed you get from Nashor's Tooth is gonna go pretty far, huh?

I feel like it's gonna be counterbalanced by him being Really loving Hard to play. Like the guy demonstrating his abilities seemed to have some issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Servaetes posted:

I feel like it's gonna be counterbalanced by him being Really loving Hard to play. Like the guy demonstrating his abilities seemed to have some issues.

Just watching a bit of it he seems like he has a lot of play potential, much more than GNAR so I assume he will pretty powerful. I know jungle for him seems iffy but the sandsoldiers have a piercing auto and you can have both soldiers attack at once which means I'm sure there is a rune page for this guy to just eat up the jungle.

I'll be excited to watch LCS pros feed on this motherfucker in a few weeks.

• Locked thread