Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

horriblePencilist posted:

You mean the pokemon announcement right

A Japanese game dev bought giant peaches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Paladinus posted:

Oh that right what a bastard

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Paladinus posted:

is that a euphemism ? coz I know those japs are into some real kinkyyyy stuff.

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Steve Hogarty is a very edit: FUNNY man. You should check out his (group) podcast here:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3653620

Shameless thread-pimping.... I'll get my coat. :ohdear:

Josef K. Sourdust fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Aug 26, 2014

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Fathis Munk posted:

is that a euphemism ? coz I know those japs are into some real kinkyyyy stuff.

Japanese peaches do look like butts. That much I can say.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
haha i clicked that stream for a second and this jontron guy seems real pumped compared to the other dough guests. Lovin it

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Looks like TB and friends aren't talking about Zoe explicitly, they're rather beating around the bush by asking people to be civil about things. Pretty reasonable.

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

i bought some japanese butts and ain't nobody even following me

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

Looks like TB and friends aren't talking about Zoe explicitly, they're rather beating around the bush by asking people to be civil about things. Pretty reasonable.

I believe TB's part was that he wants no part in this.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
*droning british noises*
Guy in a sports jersey: gently caress YEAH I SAW THAT, I fUCKIN SAW THAT, IT WAS AWESOME
*droning resumes*

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

is the bush dyed violet ?

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012
the woman is betraying her gender

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Fathis Munk posted:

is the bush dyed violet ?

You saw the nudes you tell me

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

You saw the nudes you tell me

She's shaved.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

In a stealth article posted and lost beneath dozens of breaking video game news

The patroner loses some patroners

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Those naughty internets.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

DrPaper posted:

In a stealth article posted and lost beneath dozens of breaking video game news

The patroner loses some patroners

The only thing worse than this poo poo is the comments

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

The only thing worse than this poo poo is the comments

:argh:

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
http://badassdigest.com/2014/08/26/video-games-misogyny-and-terrorism-a-guide-to-assholes/

A level-headed and very thorough and definitely not one-sided look on this terrible gaming matter

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

http://badassdigest.com/2014/08/26/video-games-misogyny-and-terrorism-a-guide-to-assholes/

A level-headed and very thorough and definitely not one-sided look on this terrible gaming matter

hmm this sounds familiar

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

quote:

And the thing is, there is no persecution. Social Justice Warriors don’t victimise anyone. That’s kind of central to the idea of social justice.

Yep this guy is a straight retard. Plenty of SJWs use their ideology as a bludgeon to abuse people and to gaslight the gently caress out of them.

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

Brannock posted:

Yep this guy is a straight retard. Plenty of SJWs use their ideology as a bludgeon to abuse people and to gaslight the gently caress out of them.

Not all SJW people are bad.

But most of them are hypocrite mutants who get cucked by fat purple haired chicks. Not all of them, just most of them. I bet like, actual smart SJWers are feeding the homeless or trying do run a women's shelter or something. I don't think they are playing really bad video games made by retards with RPGMaker 2012 or something. I dunno, maybe.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.

big duck equals goose posted:

But most of them are hypocrite mutants who get cucked by fat purple haired chicks. Not all of them, just most of them. I bet like, actual smart SJWers are feeding the homeless or trying do run a women's shelter or something. I don't think they are playing really bad video games made by retards with RPGMaker 2012 or something. I dunno, maybe.

the people who're feeding the homeless or running a women's shelter are volunteers and activists (both very ableist). social justice warriors are sailing the seas of gender to discover new pronouns and shriek about them.

V!ntar
Jul 12, 2010

I'll give you something to die for, baby, let's go insane.

And we can paint the town red, now show me that Crimson Rain.
I don't get it. Why is everyone on Quinn's side arguing about misogyny? This has nothing to do with gender, she cheated on her boyfriend with 5 guys in the gaming press. Thos 5 guys gave that pretentious poo poo of a game good reviews. Where does it matter that she was a woman?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Brannock posted:

Yep this guy is a straight retard.

How do you know he's not a homo retard ? :colbert: please don't draw assumptions like this.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

People who actually go out and do poo poo about social justice and don't bully people on the internet don't call themselves "social justice warriors".

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

V!ntar posted:

I don't get it. Why is everyone on Quinn's side arguing about misogyny? This has nothing to do with gender, she cheated on her boyfriend with 5 guys in the gaming press. Thos 5 guys gave that pretentious poo poo of a game good reviews. Where does it matter that she was a woman?

personally, i don't even care about that. gaming press has always been pretentious, corrupt, and largely a joke. i'm more interested in how she hosed over a feminist gaming jam to promote her own (the donations of which go straight to her), which is also being ignored by the pro crowd. honestly, both extremes seem retarded and this is about the dumbest thing i've ever seen lines drawn over.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Fathis Munk posted:

How do you know he's not a homo retard ? :colbert: please don't draw assumptions like this.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

people who are interested in social justice and are not badwrong garbage scumbags tend to not be referred to as SJWs. SJW is definitionally a term used to refer to human refuse like Phil Fish. the idea of justice in society is a pretty good one and lots of people work towards it every day without telling fourteen year olds to kill themselves for saying human being on xbox live.

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

i tried interrupting the volunteers at the soup kitchen to ask them what sort of label they identify with and what I should call them and they said i should stop stealing from the homoless lol what morons they need to sit down and have a real think on the internet

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

P E R F E C T

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

V!ntar posted:

To shift the argument into something that makes the other side look bad.

Also I think we should stop calling them SJWs and instead call them Keyboard Warriors or Internet Warriors

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You want a story well here's a story; I used to run a fansite dedicated to a decently popular karaoke singing game on the PlayStation 2 published by a big publisher. I had a moderator on my message board who went by the name of "DJK8E". "DJK8E" said she was a model of the age of 20 years old and posted pictures of her in our Post Your Pic thread.Because I was like 13 and thirsty as hell, i had installed a "Browse Private Messages" hack onto my forums, to see what my members were sharing with each other in private.

Well DJK8E and a Senior Producer at the big publisher were flirting with each other, and not of the PG-13 kind!!!!! It got to the point where she had his direct cell phone, and ee even offered her the ability to choose songs for the next Karaoke Singing Game. Now she wasn't even in marketing or a developer or anything! She was just a 20 year old babe!!!

Even better, the producer offered DJK8E a Exhibitor Pass to E3 2004 if she would come see him. She agreed, DJK8E flew out to Los Angeles and plans were for her to meet him at the backdoor to the E3 Hall so that he could sneak her in without having to be validated. But guess what happened on the day of the Convention? DJK8E was "sick", and she sent her boy cousin in her place to visit E3 with a basically limitless pass. So a 12 year old forum troll managed to socially engineer getting to pick the songs that appear in a multi-million dollar video game, and a pass into E3 by flirting and sending fake nudes with a Senior Producer of a major publisher.

But nope you guys there is no corruption in the video game industry!!!!!

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

V!ntar posted:

Because women are often victims in the gaming industry. Like, I heard Roberta Williams was gang hate-hosed by 15 men in the a Denny's parking lot at 3AM after Kings Quest II due to all the dev's hating her idea for that lovely time limit chore/slave boy plot thing. I'm not sure if that is story is true or not, but it doesn't really matter because any living person who wrote anything about Depression Quest and didn't call it a "Total piece of poo poo made in 2 minutes by some rear end in a top hat. Why the gently caress is this garbage trying to get greenlight?" is insane.

Like, full blown insane. You would have to lie so loving hard to call that game good. I mean, poo poo, that's like impossible to be honest with.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Abu Dave posted:

You want a story well here's a story; I used to run a fansite dedicated to a decently popular karaoke singing game on the PlayStation 2 published by a big publisher. I had a moderator on my message board who went by the name of "DJK8E". "DJK8E" said she was a model of the age of 20 years old and posted pictures of her in our Post Your Pic thread.Because I was like 13 and thirsty as hell, i had installed a "Browse Private Messages" hack onto my forums, to see what my members were sharing with each other in private.

Well DJK8E and a Senior Producer at the big publisher were flirting with each other, and not of the PG-13 kind!!!!! It got to the point where she had his direct cell phone, and ee even offered her the ability to choose songs for the next Karaoke Singing Game. Now she wasn't even in marketing or a developer or anything! She was just a 20 year old babe!!!

Even better, the producer offered DJK8E a Exhibitor Pass to E3 2004 if she would come see him. She agreed, DJK8E flew out to Los Angeles and plans were for her to meet him at the backdoor to the E3 Hall so that he could sneak her in without having to be validated. But guess what happened on the day of the Convention? DJK8E was "sick", and she sent her boy cousin in her place to visit E3 with a basically limitless pass. So a 12 year old forum troll managed to socially engineer getting to pick the songs that appear in a multi-million dollar video game, and a pass into E3 by flirting and sending fake nudes with a Senior Producer of a major publisher.

!!!!!

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Abu Dave posted:

lol

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

Because women are often victims in the gaming industry. Like, I heard Roberta Williams was gang hate-hosed by 15 men in the a Denny's parking lot at 3AM after Kings Quest II due to all the dev's hating her idea for that lovely time limit chore/slave boy plot thing. I'm not sure if that is story is true or not, but it doesn't really matter because any living person who wrote anything about Depression Quest and didn't call it a "Total piece of poo poo made in 2 minutes by some rear end in a top hat. Why the gently caress is this garbage trying to get greenlight?" is insane.

Like, full blown insane. You would have to lie so loving hard to call that game good. I mean, poo poo, that's like impossible to be honest with.

yeah. but even that doesn't matter much, it's not like steam has a good games only requirement. there's plenty of poo poo so it'll fit in well.

i mean, the most i can see coming out of this is that tfyc getting some cash and more people realizing that calling yourself a gamer or following the gamer press are both terrible ideas.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

#NOTALLSJW

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

V!ntar posted:

they're arguing about misogyny because the response isn't, "oh, maybe she is not a very nice person" but instead "i knew that dumb feminist bitch was a lying whore! keep this liberal BULLSHIT out of games!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Brannock posted:

Tycho "I spent enough time in church to instinctively, perpetually distrust the conspicuously moral."

it makes u think

• Locked thread