Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

scarycave posted:

Some players found a glitch where they could make their character attack players outside of Pvp areas due to exploiting a new boxing ring mini-game.

Naturally, an army was formed, and attacked a town full of players.

Do you still lose everything on you when you die in Runescape?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

You keep the five most expensive things and anything you've got marked as "protected", the rest is dropped in a grave stone you have to go back and loot, but it's all protected for a short amount of time depending the level of gravestone and any prayers you have.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Beartaco posted:

Do you still lose everything on you when you die in Runescape?

Last time I played, if you died in certain areas (Quest boss arenas for instance) you would lose your stuff instantly (save the three most expensive, four if you had a prayer on). Everywhere else would be protected by a grave like Babe Magnet says.

The massacre was before grave-stones were set up.

Several Goblins
Jul 30, 2006

"What the hell do they mean? Beefcake?"

Finally picked up a PS4 again, now that the drought is mostly over, and a couple of games. Black Flag has been fun, but the PS4 share feature was made for this buggy mess.

I've seen a lot of pirate ship related bugs, but I had some crew issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T821MiYGo0&feature=youtu.be

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Wreath of Barbs posted:

Finally picked up a PS4 again, now that the drought is mostly over, and a couple of games. Black Flag has been fun, but the PS4 share feature was made for this buggy mess.

I've seen a lot of pirate ship related bugs, but I had some crew issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T821MiYGo0&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pQ_ZozZIio

Several Goblins
Jul 30, 2006

"What the hell do they mean? Beefcake?"

This game is perfect.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

Wreath of Barbs posted:

This game is perfect.

I maintain that a good deal of these glitches were probably left in on purpose. Ships falling from the sky into the water and all.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Sardonik posted:

I maintain that a good deal of these glitches were probably left in on purpose. Ships falling from the sky into the water and all.

Skyrim's giants launching bears into orbit was pretty effective marketing.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Wreath of Barbs posted:

This game is perfect.

I was really hoping the boat would continue floating up.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Regalingualius posted:

And thus was the Boxer Rebellion started.

Oh noooooooo.

bucketmouse
Aug 16, 2004

we con-trol the ho-ri-zon-tal
we con-trol the verrr-ti-cal

That's really fantastic. Reminds me of the early days of bf1942 where looking straight up when jumping into water would shoot you several hundred feet into the air for no real reason.

njark
Apr 26, 2008

Show them the Wasteland

bucketmouse posted:

That's really fantastic. Reminds me of the early days of bf1942 where looking straight up when jumping into water would shoot you several hundred feet into the air for no real reason.

There's a perfectly valid reason. :dice:

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Always reminds me of an old classic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc6AHtM8qKM

Trudis
Mar 23, 2008

This is the Dawning of the Age of Hilarious
It's like the beginning of Gravity.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Kennel posted:

Skyrim's giants launching bears into orbit was pretty effective marketing.

I finally caved and decided to give Skyrim a try. Within 20 minutes of wandering out of that tutorial cave, I had to reload after getting stuck between two rocks, was launched 200ft in the air by a giant, and watched as a mammoth on the horizon fell from the sky and died on impact. It's a thing of beauty.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Shortly after starting out, I found myself in a cave with an angry bear many levels above me. I turn around and run away, hearing it right at my back, but quickly realize the bear isn't chasing me. It's still snarling, but it's spontaneously embedded itself in the ceiling with only its paws sticking out.

There used to be an entire separate thread just for Skyrim stories.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Elder Scroll games would be lesser games without their amazing bugs

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Haven't really had to many bugs in Oblivion, aside from the guy that enchants staffs in the mages guild stuck in the stairs like Robin Williams in Jumanji.

FO3, I had a death claw chasing me - only for it to get launched into orbit and crashing back down dead.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Scroto Baggins posted:

I finally caved and decided to give Skyrim a try. Within 20 minutes of wandering out of that tutorial cave, I had to reload after getting stuck between two rocks, was launched 200ft in the air by a giant, and watched as a mammoth on the horizon fell from the sky and died on impact. It's a thing of beauty.

If you're outdoors and get stuck you don't have to reload, you can just fast travel somewhere as long as fast travel is allowed. If not then yeah you're pretty much hosed.

As I understand it the giant thing was left in because it would be a hard thing to fix (because it has something to do with the entire combat/damage system) so Bethesda was just like "yeah we thought it was too funny to fix." The first time it happened to me, I didn't realize it was a bug, I just figured giants are really strong, I'm really small and I just got killed by a gigantic hammer. Makes sense to me. :shrug:

scarycave posted:

Haven't really had to many bugs in Oblivion, aside from the guy that enchants staffs in the mages guild stuck in the stairs like Robin Williams in Jumanji.

FO3, I had a death claw chasing me - only for it to get launched into orbit and crashing back down dead.

Yao guai will almost always fly up and do a somersault when they die. :v:

I also got a bug during the quest in Big Town. I was trying to do the option where you activate some robots to defend the town but I could never find the second one. Until I reloaded and noticed it was spawning in sky somewhere and falling down outside the town. It did this every single time I reloaded so I just went with another option.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.

haveblue posted:

Shortly after starting out, I found myself in a cave with an angry bear many levels above me. I turn around and run away, hearing it right at my back, but quickly realize the bear isn't chasing me. It's still snarling, but it's spontaneously embedded itself in the ceiling with only its paws sticking out.

There used to be an entire separate thread just for Skyrim stories.

One just for Skyrim glitches, even. Highly recommended if you have archives. It's half troubleshooting and half "What the gently caress just happened to my game?
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3449362

:allears:

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Ratspeaker posted:

One just for Skyrim glitches, even. Highly recommended if you have archives. It's half troubleshooting and half "What the gently caress just happened to my game?

Wasn't there also one called 'PYF emergent behavior in Skyrim' that covered a lot of the same ground?

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Ratspeaker posted:

I like to there was an adventurer on that mountain who was super stoked about the the ruin he just looted and was making his way back to town on a sliver of health when suddenly a bear is express delivered to his face.

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

bucketmouse posted:

I was a QA tester on BF1942: I forget if this bug made it into the released version (I know it got patch-fixed at some point) but at some point you could use the flak guns to move your own guys around. So on Wake Island, to get from one promontory to the other, we'd just have someone jump on the AA gun and 'walk' us over on a cloud of flak.

ALso driving jeeps into AA guns always ruled:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9wM1FKERIc

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

FredMSloniker posted:

Wasn't there also one called 'PYF emergent behavior in Skyrim' that covered a lot of the same ground?

That one wasn't so much glitches as it was just unexpected funny or cool stuff happening when different enemies, NPCs and random events would collide as they will in a big open-world game.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Obdicut posted:

I was a QA tester on BF1942: I forget if this bug made it into the released version (I know it got patch-fixed at some point) but at some point you could use the flak guns to move your own guys around. So on Wake Island, to get from one promontory to the other, we'd just have someone jump on the AA gun and 'walk' us over on a cloud of flak.

ALso driving jeeps into AA guns always ruled:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9wM1FKERIc

That reminds me of the old Total Retardation mod that featured a flak cannon powered jeep and also a jetpack made out of a barrel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqz-Q9dnBcA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vivRQd2Q4w

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Crossposting from the wildstar thread:

Mormon Star Wars posted:

I told Cyster about a fun bug I was having (Pressing the reputation tab would blind my character, teleport me to a mysterious place, and spit out housing errors) and she went out of her way to get it fixed. Cyster is great.

Pesterchum posted:

Then they introduced an issue where if you had a shardspire canyon, anti air defense or ferris wheel fabkit on your housing plot your character is disconnected and you're trapped there unless you submit a ticket. That was a week ago! Looks like no place is safe in Wildstar.

Ready! Set! Blow!
Jun 17, 2005

Red alert.
There's this glitch in Madden '15 where you can throw people into the sky: http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/8/26/6073039/apparently-you-can-block-people-into-the-sky-in-madden-15

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

There was something similar in NHL13:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMn54RamqwU

jgrrr
Oct 3, 2007

&

I had something similar happen where I was going for a two point conversion and one of my football mans decided to do a side flip over all of the other football mans into the end zone. Not quite the same height or distance, but enough for us to watch the replay several times trying to figure out what happened.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

FredMSloniker posted:

Oh, I remember that one - somebody had written the best story about them casting rage on a chicken which then terrorized the village he was in; causing the blacksmith to kill it, which for some reason antagonized the civilian population (but not the guards), so he was being chased by the village inhabitants who were in turn being chased by the guards, THEN a dragon attacked at the same time...

I am not doing it justice but I remember the last line, on the subject of surviors: '...and two guards, who were shooting arrows at each other, yelling 'Hey! I'm on YOUR side!'.'

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.

Samovar posted:

Oh, I remember that one - somebody had written the best story about them casting rage on a chicken which then terrorized the village he was in; causing the blacksmith to kill it, which for some reason antagonized the civilian population (but not the guards), so he was being chased by the village inhabitants who were in turn being chased by the guards, THEN a dragon attacked at the same time...

I am not doing it justice but I remember the last line, on the subject of surviors: '...and two guards, who were shooting arrows at each other, yelling 'Hey! I'm on YOUR side!'.'

The thread is here. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the chicken story you described using Google.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Samovar posted:

I don't know if they ever fixed it, but used to you could get an entire city to kill each other if you just dropped something like a cabbage in the middle of town.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Kimmalah posted:

I don't know if they ever fixed it, but used to you could get an entire city to kill each other if you just dropped something like a cabbage in the middle of town.

Small towns, man. Scary places.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I think there was similar behavior in pre-release New Vegas where if you gave ED-E anything flagged as "food" then hungry NPCs would go hostile towards him and try to attack him for the food inside. But ED-E was usually quicker on the draw so before you even knew a bystander was about to attack ED-E would just start vaporizing them with his lasers out of nowhere.

I don't remember if that actually made it to release, but I think it's been fixed in any case.

space kobold
Oct 3, 2009

I still recall the Bethesda dev interview durring the release of Oblivion, regarding an early bug with their radiant system, in which they would occasionally find prisoners in various towns dead seemingly at random. The cause? The bread and other food items in the cells; the guards would get hungry, unlock the cell, walk in, become hostile to the prisoner or vice versa, and beat him down, happily walking off with the newly acquired bread.

I love Bethesda games, so much.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

space kobold posted:

I still recall the Bethesda dev interview durring the release of Oblivion, regarding an early bug with their radiant system, in which they would occasionally find prisoners in various towns dead seemingly at random. The cause? The bread and other food items in the cells; the guards would get hungry, unlock the cell, walk in, become hostile to the prisoner or vice versa, and beat him down, happily walking off with the newly acquired bread.

NPCs will still get killed by the guards because part of their scripted behavior is to pickpocket or steal and occasionally they get caught.

I also remember some Skyrim interview where the devs couldn't figure out why they were getting bounties for committing crimes in the middle of nowhere until they finally realized they were being reported to guards by stuff like foxes, horses and chickens thanks to the magic of RADIANT AI.

I don't know if those are technically glitches or the game just working totally as intended. :shepface:

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

space kobold posted:

This sounds like something out of Dwarf Fortress.

Speaking of retarded A.I behaviour, I remember the first Sims game had some pretty retarded A.I. For example if you built a swimming pool, you better remember to buy a ladder for the sims to get up. Otherwise they'd swim around until they died from fatigue. My entire first sims family died this way. Cue an empty swimming pool with tombstones all around it.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

GyverMac posted:

How have I never realized before? Bethesda's true calling is to bring next-gen versions of Dwarf Fortress and/or Space Station 13 to the masses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

GyverMac posted:

Speaking of retarded A.I behaviour, I remember the first Sims game had some pretty retarded A.I. For example if you built a swimming pool, you better remember to buy a ladder for the sims to get up. Otherwise they'd swim around until they died from fatigue. My entire first sims family died this way. Cue an empty swimming pool with tombstones all around it.

Feature. It was practically impossible to actually kill your Sims any other way.