Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Guys I think you're missing the most important part here which is Animal Crossing and Legend of Zelda are in the same canon as Mario???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

DrPaper posted:

Guys I think you're missing the most important part here which is Animal Crossing and Legend of Zelda are in the same canon as Mario???

Legend of Zelda has been referenced in a lot of the more recent Mario games and Mario has been cameo-ing in Zelda games since a Link to the Past.

Animal Crossing also has a bunch of references to both series.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Come on, give us Cheese Land

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Waluigi Pinball, please!!!!

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Deku leaf glider?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Man, why does Wario get the best tracks?

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

bobjr posted:

Wario Colosseum or whatever in Mario Kart Double Dash was the best level but they only made it two laps for some reason. :(

Edit: And wow, it seems perfect for an anti-grav makeover. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRkghPaRzZk

Chieves fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Aug 27, 2014

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

bobjr posted:

Cause he's the best Mario character?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Chieves posted:

Wario Colosseum or whatever in Mario Kart Double Dash was the best level but they only made it two laps for some reason. :(

Edit: And wow, it seems perfect for an anti-grav makeover. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRkghPaRzZk

Because it was long but you are correct in that it was the best track and Nintendo needs to stop being a jerk and release it for this (hopefully in these DLC packs).

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I hope I can upload my Villager from New Leaf. (I can't upload my Villager from New Leaf. :()

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

DrPaper posted:

This isn't the Golf model at all though. You still paid full price for Mario Kart.

Golf was cut down in price, so if you bought it and all the DLC you only paid $5 over your average 3DS game.

I paid $30 for Mario Kart 8 and $30 for Pikmin 3 :colbert:

Also pretty sure I paid full price for Mario Kart 64 with only 16 tracks. A Mario Kart game with 48 tracks is a huge loving deal to me.

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

codenameFANGIO posted:

I hope I can upload my Villager from New Leaf. (I can't upload my Villager from New Leaf. :()
With the way things have been going in terms of news coming out of Nintendo in recent times, I now fully expect Shigeru Miyamoto himself to post a reply in this thread, quoting you and replying "yes, you can upload your villager from New Leaf."

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

bobjr posted:

He has the most money to buy them with, duh.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Chieves posted:

im honestly seeing nothing about this track that makes it special vs most of the tracks in mk8? it's just a thousand drifts and a few jumps but maybe antigrav could make it worth a poo poo

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

MinibarMatchman posted:

im honestly seeing nothing about this track that makes it special vs most of the tracks in mk8? it's just a thousand drifts
Way to contradict yourself right in the very next sentence :colbert:

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Bring back Choco Mountain from the 64 game, but with more boulders and antigravity.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
All I want is Neo Bowser City back.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Why wasn't there a stage based off EggmanBOWSERland to begin with? Make it happen, Nintendo.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Karts needed in the DLC:

- Dubillac
- Bowser's SM3DW Pimpmobile

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Suspicious Cook posted:

Karts needed in the DLC:

- Dubillac
- Bowser's SM3DW Pimpmobile

Keep the Clown Car Train a-goin and give us Bowser's clown car

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Macaluso posted:

:wtf: why isn't this already a thing?!

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Include in the DLC that changes One of the Babies into Dry Bones please. Except Baby Luigi, he rules.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I sort of think they may have more DLC packs planned for down the line sometime eventually.

There were signs on the courses that referenced Dry Bowser and he got in, and there is at least one sign referencing Birdo. I sort of don't think they'd leave out Bowser Jr. if they are adding to the roster either.

Plus some Metroid or Kirby rep in the future would be pretty great.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Crawfish posted:

I sort of think they may have more DLC packs planned for down the line sometime eventually.

There were signs on the courses that referenced Dry Bowser and he got in, and there is at least one sign referencing Birdo. I sort of don't think they'd leave out Bowser Jr. if they are adding to the roster either.

Plus some Metroid or Kirby rep in the future would be pretty great.

Wait Bowser Jr. and Birdo aren't in MK8???

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

DrPaper posted:

Wait Bowser Jr. and Birdo aren't in MK8???

They aren't. It's pretty hosed up. They need Birdo, Kamek, Wart, there's like a million non-babies that could be there. My only real complaint with the game.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

codenameFANGIO posted:

They aren't. It's pretty hosed up. They need Birdo, Kamek, Wart, there's like a million non-babies that could be there. My only real complaint with the game.

Kamek and Wart would be cool, I'm just mad staples whove been in since Double Dash are gone from a console release. I just thought I hadn't unlocked everybody yet.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I'm honestly still expecting a DLC CASHMONEYHOES pack featuring Gold Mario, Silver Luigi and Nabbit.

Everyone else would hate it, but i'd be pretty okay with it.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP
November for the first DLC? Okay, that's waitable.

May 2015 for the one after that? God damnit.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Nintendo of America has confirmed the DLC with their own pricing info.

http://mariokart8.nintendo.com/dlc/

$11.99 for both packs is a fantastic deal. Also, it's a whole Triforce cup, apparently, instead of just one token course.

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000
So apparently a bundle of both DLC packs together will be available in the US for only $12. I'll say that's a drat good price, I wonder when they'll announce the prices for continental Europe.
EDIT: drat, beaten by mere seconds...

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Those links only seem to be showing the Mercedes DLC??

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

codenameFANGIO posted:

Those links only seem to be showing the Mercedes DLC??
Scroll down some.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

It looks like they're using only one of those 4 cup icons those people found. A Zelda cup could be really neat.

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

bobjr posted:

It looks like they're using only one of those 4 cup icons those people found. A Zelda cup could be really neat.
Also one of the new cups is the cat bell cup :allears:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

PrBacterio posted:

Scroll down some.

I think I'm getting the mobile site, which does not yet have this information available. Time to switch to the laptop I guess.

EDIT: that was it

codenameFANGIO fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Aug 27, 2014

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I guess the second pack doesn't hit until May so people have plenty of time to overdose on Smash Bros.?

Then the Smash DLC hits in August 2015. :unsmigghh:

Macaluso posted:

Yes. Definitely. How could I forget? More Bowser DLC let's go.

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Tagging the streets and humming the bassline.
considering how we're seeing Excitebike and F-Zero courses, I assume the Triforce cup is based on NES/SNES games, and the Leaf cup will be based on Gamecube and onward games, with the other two being classic cups. Of course, I could be way off here, so who knows.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Ometeotl posted:

Nintendo of America has confirmed the DLC with their own pricing info.

http://mariokart8.nintendo.com/dlc/

$11.99 for both packs is a fantastic deal. Also, it's a whole Triforce cup, apparently, instead of just one token course.

Holy poo poo, both packs for 12 bucks? Plus the different colored Yoshis and Shy Guys? Sign me the gently caress UP

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

bobjr posted:

Not even that much, really. Yoshi cup logo looks way different than it did on the leaked icons.

Still holding out hope for a Blue Shell Cup though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

The Bee posted:

Still holding out hope for a Blue Shell Cup though.

:cry: You're a monster.

• Locked thread