Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
google's gonna become the yellow pages of the internet lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

flakeloaf posted:

in much the same way i can open the faucet and get a slice of the ocean

holy poo poo, don't drink that water!

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

flakeloaf posted:

in much the same way i can open the faucet and get a slice of the ocean

water chat is in the other thread, buddy!

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Necc0 posted:

google's gonna become the yellow pages of the internet lmao

they already are

delivered whether yolu want it or not, it's full of ads masquerading as listings, and people do tacky terrible poo poo to get first ("A AAA Mesothelioma Lawyers")

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

cremnob posted:

lol google's hosed

by the heat death of the universe, sure

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

cremnob posted:

im dead

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Necc0 posted:

im dead
good

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

cremnob posted:

selling an addictive, socially-destructive carcinogen to disrupt the lemonade market

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

cremnob posted:

libertarianism.png

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

cremnob posted:

wtf is this trying to say

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

duTrieux. posted:

wtf is this trying to say

illegally running a business puts everyone else out of business

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

i have a literal degree in making things up and also work at a marketing agency and i don't know what that is trying to say

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

duTrieux. posted:

i have a literal degree in making things up and also work at a marketing agency and i don't know what that is trying to say

#innovation

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

duTrieux. posted:

its saying booze sells. include booze in all products.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

duTrieux. posted:

hook me up boss. my resume is a little thin - like my hair

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

duTrieux. posted:

disruptive paradigm shift innovation

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

i lolled at google trying to say they're innovative and haven't been making iterative garbage for tier entire history

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Sham bam bamina! posted:

disruptive paradigm shift innovation

we've got to engage the millennials in the social with memes that elevate and reinforce the customer's delight.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Nintendo Kid posted:

its saying booze sells. include booze in all products.

heh where do you enjoy TwIzTeD TeA ?? at the BeAcH???

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Googley, or not Googley, that is the question—

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

graph posted:

heh where do you enjoy TwIzTeD TeA ?? at the BeAcH???

i was reading today about the bk/hortons thing and people commenting were calling tim hortons "timmies" which i'm sure is totally not something reinforced with multi-million dollar advertising campaigns designed to elevate a brand to the status of a trusted human friend

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

idk why that made me think of that. something about brands, i suspect

god, brands :argh:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

duTrieux. posted:

i was reading today about the bk/hortons thing and people commenting were calling tim hortons "timmies" which i'm sure is totally not something reinforced with multi-million dollar advertising campaigns designed to elevate a brand to the status of a trusted human friend

its an old literary technique when you have a cast of people like 'rod' and 'adam' and 'jimmie' and 'jimmie' gets loving worked and makes you feel more bad

raruler
Oct 5, 2003

“Here lies a toppled god —
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.”

duTrieux. posted:

i think it sprang up organically, but it was co-opted at some point

canadians just like things that end in "ies"

loonies
toonies
timmies
mounties

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

raruler posted:

Micky D's

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

raruler posted:

canadians just like things that end in "ies"

nope

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

duTrieux. posted:

sounds like dave, the home of witty banter

Within just one month of its launch, Dave had become the tenth largest television channel in the UK. The broadcaster puts daily averages at around 3 million viewers, although, much of the growth may be attributed to its presence on Freeview; nonetheless, it is performing significantly better in pay TV homes than UKTV G2 ever did. Over the month since its launch, Dave averaged a 1.32% share in multichannel homes and a 3.2% share in the 16–34 male demographic.[16]

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

“dave ja vu”

what the loving frick

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

everyone knows a bloke called Dave. he's a loving prick, Dave is.

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

ol' mate dave got the witty banta 'e do

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

cremnob posted:

Larry chose cognitive dissonance .. Eric was born into it

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

eric is the loving worst I hate him so much

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
astonishing business insights from google cto or whatever he is: focus on making great products that customers need

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
you know what? we need to make great products that people need! *discontinues google reader, fires up self-driving car division*

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

it's actually lemon kool aid

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

duTrieux. posted:

duTrieux. posted:

we've got to engage the millennials in the social with memes that elevate and reinforce the customer's delight.

do ads irl have memes now

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

THC posted:

eric is the loving worst I hate him so much

what do you expect from someone who decided to move to atherton lmao

pagoe
Feb 19, 2013
im using google play music all access and the loving shuffle function doesnt work so i end up listening to my music in the order i added it to the playlist in LIKE A loving ANIMAL. how the gently caress do you gently caress up making the loving shuffle option actually loving shuffle in a loving music player? this is basic fucjking functionality ghoogle. jesus. gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress CUFKC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

theadder posted:

do ads irl have memes now

maybe not 'le rage' garbage but yeah. remember those old Quiznos ads?

• Locked thread