Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sexy Randal
Jul 26, 2006

woah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Fezziwig
Jun 7, 2011

canyoneer posted:

"You know who NEVER makes history? Unremarkable assholes"

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

So be a remarkable one then?

It worked for the Goatse.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

What's with these stories never giving the name of the person involved in the text, if not in the headline?

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

RareAcumen posted:

What's with these stories never giving the name of the person involved in the text, if not in the headline?

Because it's entirely possible that the family hasn't been notified yet, and every decent news agency out there has a policy of never releasing names of deceased until the family has been alerted?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

No one fell for Money Moon, sadly. I did get a PM containing a Snopes article though. :haw:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Coca Koala posted:

Because it's entirely possible that the family hasn't been notified yet, and every decent news agency out there has a policy of never releasing names of deceased until the family has been alerted?

Look man, I've been sitting through dozens of pages of 'Don't care about Trayvon Martin or Mike Brown! Look at these white kids who were killed that nobody cared about that I'm not gonna name! rilly makes u think hu?' so I'm a little skeptical of everything.

But now I know.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

The best is someone IS named but when you actually reasearch it, turns out that nothing of importance happened because the people involved were quickly captured and prosecuted.

But because someone of X race was the one killed, you should be outraged!

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

RareAcumen posted:

Look man, I've been sitting through dozens of pages of 'Don't care about Trayvon Martin or Mike Brown! Look at these white kids who were killed that nobody cared about that I'm not gonna name! rilly makes u think hu?' so I'm a little skeptical of everything.

But now I know.

Yep. This avoids the otherwise plausible scenario of a family watching the evening news and discovering that their son or daughter, who they thought was just out with friends and late for dinner, has been killed in a traffic accident. It would be a horrible way to discover a family tragedy, and so news agencies don't do it.

Usually on broadcasts, they'll say something like "Names are being withheld until the police can notify the victim's family".

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Coca Koala posted:

Yep. This avoids the otherwise plausible scenario of a family watching the evening news and discovering that their son or daughter, who they thought was just out with friends and late for dinner, has been killed in a traffic accident. It would be a horrible way to discover a family tragedy, and so news agencies don't do it.

Usually on broadcasts, they'll say something like "Names are being withheld until the police can notify the victim's family".

News agencies will withhold the names of the recently deceased out of respect, but if a celebrity croaks you can bet your bottom dollar that house will be surrounded by cameramen and helicopters for weeks despite the wishes of the family for peace and quiet.

News is a strange business.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
I don't know if I nam pursuing this joke too far (and in the wrong thread), but I would like to introduce you to Money Face's twin sister...

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

I say :regd08: myself. Worst that'll happen is it won't take off, and that's not really a bad thing in the end.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Sighence posted:

I say :regd08: myself. Worst that'll happen is it won't take off, and that's not really a bad thing in the end.

Way ahead of you. My friends' reactions to the Money Face have been revulsion and fear mixed with hilarity. We've been hammering each other with nonsense ever since, like poorly-done photoshops:

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Way ahead of you. My friends' reactions to the Money Face have been revulsion and fear mixed with hilarity. We've been hammering each other with nonsense ever since, like poorly-done photoshops:

Oh, you know the Bill Gates picture where he is promising to give someone 5000 dollars for forwarding an e-Mail?

Could we Money Face that?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

glowing-fish posted:

Oh, you know the Bill Gates picture where he is promising to give someone 5000 dollars for forwarding an e-Mail?

Could we Money Face that?

Just replace that dildo that's always in the back of the picture with moneyface

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi
Anybody have the original money face image cropped?

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

my timeline hasn't been this entertainingly weird in years

duffmensch
Feb 20, 2004

Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem!

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Can you post the Destroyer of Worlds pic on it's own?

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

duffmensch posted:

Can you post the Destroyer of Worlds pic on it's own?

Rev. Bleech_ has a new favorite as of 04:42 on Aug 27, 2014

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Dale Sveum posted:

It worked for the Goatse.

I don't know. It's pretty remarkable that he worked so hard to get his rear end in a top hat that gaping.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

I started a GBS thread to celebrate Money Face!

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

Commenting on a local news article about a teachers' strike.

No one's posted Money Face for me yet :smith: All my friends do is talk about their vacations/kids and plan small events.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Parasol Prophet posted:

No one's posted Money Face for me yet :smith:

Be the change you want to see in the world.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

DoctorWhat posted:

Be the change you want to see in the world.

I can't just make Money Face happen, DoctorWhat! It only happens once every 5000 years!!

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.

Is this from deviantART? :allears:

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Money face is from a tumblr post which had somewhere around 50,000 notes before it was posted here, so I would say it's already taken off a bit

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

Someone posted this to a closed group I'm part of. I just...wow. I like how she used pink and blue to block out the names :allears:

Apparently the guy posted this article later the same day.

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde
Do you seriously know someone that self-identifies as demisexual?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Dear Prudence posted:

Someone posted this to a closed group I'm part of. I just...wow. I like how she used pink and blue to block out the names :allears:

Jesus christ, never thought I'd feel bad for anyone posting a Jeff Dunham quote.

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

karl fungus posted:

Do you seriously know someone that self-identifies as demisexual?

No, but I guess she did? She's the one in pink, he's the one in blue. She says he made good on his promise and did block her.

recursivegirl
Jul 18, 2014

I know this girl from high school and this post is 100% not ironic. Also she speaks like that in real life saying "died" instead of "dead" and "confuse" instead of "confused."

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Oh hey that happens to me all the time. Didn't know there was a name for it.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Never has a disease had a more disappointingly evocative name.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Dear Prudence posted:

No, but I guess she did? She's the one in pink, he's the one in blue. She says he made good on his promise and did block her.

you forgot to censor her name

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Today's Idiot on Facebook is Bing:

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

What an idiot.

We have the same beers.

Desk Lamp
Jun 30, 2014
What annoys me about the all the "think about the water you're wasting" status updates is that none of them really give a poo poo about the water, they're all just jumping on an excuse to act smug and superior.

Parasol Prophet posted:

Commenting on a local news article about a teachers' strike.

Evidently the teachers were on strike for the entirety of this person's academic career.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
I'm not going to quote the long sexism comment thread, but one underlying thing in it that makes Light Blue extra dickish is that he is "warning" someone that they will get blocked. As if it's some great privilege to have him on Facebook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
As a DEMISEXUAL I don't judge anyone by their looks *uploads sexist image belittling women for their looks*

• Locked thread