Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

amishjosh
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah
huh, all aboard the meatship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Give it up ship, flesh or no flesh Lindsey already has a husband.

And he's the cutest husband in the world: http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=906

:3: No way she's leaving that, just let it go man.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
At least the males of her species are small enough that Kat could plausibly grow one in a vat :3

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

A Sometimes Food posted:

Considering who made the robots in the first place this makes entirely too much sense.

oh my god

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
This might be the first chapter where overall creepiness shot up after attention shifted away from Zimmy and onto something else.

And good god are things getting creepy.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

ronya posted:

dear court stop installing an AI that keeps falling in love with passing females into every imaginable piece of machinery

Coming back to this, I'm sure people will wish to refer to this page.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Wittgen posted:

This might be the first chapter where overall creepiness shot up after attention shifted away from Zimmy and onto something else.

And good god are things getting creepy.

Don't culture shame, robots don't know how this poo poo works.

Anyways Lindsey's the one who sent them on to the boat and was all showin off next to it also where the balls is bud or any other adults. Lindsey wtf u doin.

amishjosh
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah
water is looking a bit choppy there

lindsey is an accredited couples therapist, she can probably talk the ship down, or discourage this behavior by mocking it in front of its piers.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Have you seriously just figured this out?

amishjosh posted:

lindsey is an accredited couples therapist, she can probably talk the ship down, or discourage this behavior by mocking it in front of its piers.
I hate you.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
How many robots have fallen in love? Or whatever this boat is thinking. Robot loves Shadow, and Kat and Annie. And then...

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Did I say "cookies?" I meant, "Fire in your face!"
Oh man, this is going to end so badly for RoBoat. He'll be all fleshy and be all, "Lindsey, you must love me now!" and Bud will show up and be all, "Sorry pal, but she's taken! And you know the worst part about having flesh? NERVE ENDINGS!" POW, punched right in the prow! SNAP, pinched right on the rudder! "Curse my desire to be soft flesh!" will moan RoBoat as he heads back into the harbor, dejected.

Meanwhile, the kids will obliviously have a dance party, and enjoy fizzy drinks and eachother's company. All except for Kat. She knew the folly of what RoBoat was asking for, but just couldn't talk him out of it. Oh, the pain he'll endure, both physically and emotionally, and she thinks it's all her fault.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Wa11y posted:

Meanwhile, the kids will obliviously have a dance party, and enjoy fizzy drinks and eachother's company. All except for Kat. She knew the folly of what RoBoat was asking for, but just couldn't talk him out of it. Oh, the pain he'll endure, both physically and emotionally, and she thinks it's all her fault.

And then RoBoat will die from never having learned how to breathe.

He died, and she did nothing.

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

RZApublican posted:

And then RoBoat will die from never having learned how to breathe.

He died, and she did nothing.

Kat will design a RoBlowHole, obviously.

Edit: RoboBlowHole?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

This is the most amazing and disturbing way this could have gone.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
The boat itself wouldn't become fleshy, you gigantic goons.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

It's interesting to see that Kat has moved past fried robo wings to bigger body parts, but I doubt she's quite ready for ship sized projects.

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Possibly the only speedboat jumps I've planned

ronya posted:

dear court stop installing an AI that keeps falling in love with passing females into every imaginable piece of machinery

A Sometimes Food posted:

Considering who made the robots in the first place this makes entirely too much sense.

Everything is now falling into place. That's some plot foresight Tom.

In a surprise twist, the sea is actually the Annan Waters, and Jeanne will kill save everybody!

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.

Cat Mattress posted:

The boat itself wouldn't become fleshy, you gigantic goons.

Kat posted:

You're all part of a larger robot...the ship!

The Ship posted:

You will make me flesh.

Come on, son.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
And the fleship bot would be another small unit networked with the rest.

Unless Kat has recently been playing through System Shock II, of course.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

pksage posted:

Come on, son.

idk dude

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Knowing Gunnerkrigg, the next page will be Kat saying "Lindsey is married and you're being super creepy" and the boat will say "oh my gosh I had no idea. Sorry, everyone! On with the dance."

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Obviously the boat's brain is some sort of chip Kat can pull out and insert into a new body. A really gross robo-fleshy sea captain's body.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Obviously, the boat's fleshbody would be a giant crab

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

A small crab, if he's going for a male of the species.

They then solve the problem by eating it. This kills the crab.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

amishjosh posted:

You are the wind beneath my wings

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

So is the boat trying to do the same thing Reynardine did?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Tenebrais posted:

So is the boat trying to do the same thing Reynardine did?

If you ignore the specifics then yeah.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Wow, another character doing evil poo poo because of the love of a beautiful crab woman. C'mon Tom, can't you write something new? Like a nice peaceful vacation where nothing happens.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Wow, another character doing evil poo poo because of the love of a beautiful crab woman. C'mon Tom, can't you write something new? Like a nice peaceful vacation where nothing happens.

I'd dig up the chibisoma post and search/replace it with ship and crab monster references, but :effort:

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Twist: Lindsay is all about robots and the chapter title "Torn Sea" refers to crab divorce.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Twist: the spirit of Hetty survived and possessed the ship's A.I. in order to trick Kat into giving her a new crustacean flesh-cyborg body to inhabit.

Ends up being eaten by Zimmy.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Will this end in our protagonists having to murder a boat I wonder?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Bud is gonna kick that boat's rear end.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

paragon1 posted:

Will this end in our protagonists having to murder a boat I wonder?

So far Gunnerkrigg has had neither dwarves nor elephants.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

rotinaj posted:

Bud is gonna kick that boat's rear end.
I would dearly love to see an extra-dimensional crab using his etheric powers to pull a Yoda on an AI controlled cruise liner who wants to seduce his wife.

"What's that lover-boy? The levitation is making you uncomfortable? I thought boats liked floating! Here, how about if I rock you back and forth a little. How d'you like that, Casanova?"

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Tupperwarez posted:

I would dearly love to see an extra-dimensional crab using his etheric powers to pull a Yoda on an AI controlled cruise liner who wants to seduce his wife.

"What's that lover-boy? The levitation is making you uncomfortable? I thought boats liked floating! Here, how about if I rock you back and forth a little. How d'you like that, Casanova?"

Inside, a hundred children vomit.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

MikeJF posted:

I can't decide if The Vomit of a Hundred Children is a great name for a band, song, or album.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MikeJF posted:

the movement of the boat probably isn't helping either

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

WAY TO SINK SHIPS TOM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Blackheart posted:

Twist: the spirit of Hetty survived and possessed the ship's A.I. in order to trick Kat into giving her a new crustacean flesh-cyborg body to inhabit.

Ends up being eaten by Zimmy.

Next chapter will focus on how the court will try to function with a Zimmy-caused cocktail sauce drought.