Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Macaluso posted:

Wow that new Green Greens track is AWFUL. It sounds like a middle school band with recorders. What happened?!

It has some seriously lovely voice leading, it's pretty bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
That Nintendogs track is the best one they've posted so far.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
Out of left field comes Luffy from One Piece

they did have a straw hat in the game

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I listened to the music last night and of course the Mega Man one is the best but I really like the Pokemon one and I never even played the games.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Louisgod posted:

Why do people want Ice Climbers in this game? They're stupid useless and people who like them are mentally hosed up because they like stupid characters they can relate with.

Tell me more about being butthurt because you got juggled by the best characters in Smash

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."
I have a question about bowser

In the mario series he seems to have a human voice and all his noises sound like a person saying 'gwaaar gwar har har'. In the smash bros series however, he has realistic animal sounds and all his noises sound like a dragon screeching or something. It always struck me as a weird interpretation of the character that didn't really reflect his home series, especially couples with his hunched over posture

Now that he looks and acts more in-line with the mario series, does he go GWAR HAR HAR again?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Rooreelooo posted:

In the mario series he seems to have a human voice and all his noises sound like a person saying 'gwaaar gwar har har'. In the smash bros series however, he has realistic animal sounds and all his noises sound like a dragon screeching or something. It always struck me as a weird interpretation of the character that didn't really reflect his home series, especially couples with his hunched over posture

Now that he looks and acts more in-line with the mario series, does he go GWAR HAR HAR again?

Brawling brings out his animal instincts.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Rooreelooo posted:

Hoping for SHOWTIIIIMEH

gecs
Oct 23, 2010
The dragon noises were what he made in the N64 days. It is a little odd that Smash has kept it as his primary sound for so long. It'd be like keeping the SNES sounds for Yoshi.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

gecs posted:

It'd be like keeping the SNES sounds for Yoshi.

They should. :colbert:

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Donkey Kong also makes ape noises instead of whatever his voice actor cooked up for DKCR.

Bring back Grant Kirkhope as DK, please.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

For some reason Yoshi makes the SNES noises in the New Super Mario games. It just seems inconsistent at this point.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

And suddenly Peach is never called Toadstool anymore? Seriously loving with my immersion here, Nintendo.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Amppelix posted:

Donkey Kong also makes ape noises instead of whatever his voice actor cooked up for DKCR.

Bring back Grant Kirkhope as DK, please.

I'm torn between how much I like the realistic animal noises that seem totally out of place, and how much I want DK to just start going "OKEY! YEEEAH! MMMMM."

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Bicyclops posted:

And suddenly Peach is never called Toadstool anymore? Seriously loving with my immersion here, Nintendo.

Her name is obviously Peach Toadstool, just like his full name is Bowser Koopa. :colbert::colbert:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Don't forget Dr. Mario "Jumpman" Mario, PHd, DDS, esq

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I hope the track selection for Final Destination has music from other game series, because I would love to fight while this played in the background.

May Contain Nuts
Sep 12, 2007

but still delicious

What is the name of this game?

I'm thinking Super Mario Bros.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Donkey Kong's lines should all come from the early 3D DK head demonstration Charles Martinet did where he tries to coax nervous women to come closer

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Rooreelooo posted:

Yeah I agree with this. It kind of made sense in Melee and Brawl just because he had a more feral look to him. But this time around they made him look way more accurate to the actual games, so it was really jarring to hear the fake dinosaur noises in the demo. They really should have fixed that.

Now I'm wondering what Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings will sound like. If they have their normal voises that's gonna be really weird around Bowser

Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong have a similar problem

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

sharrrk posted:

Yeah I agree with this. It kind of made sense in Melee and Brawl just because he had a more feral look to him. But this time around they made him look way more accurate to the actual games, so it was really jarring to hear the fake dinosaur noises in the demo. They really should have fixed that.

Now I'm wondering what Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings will sound like. If they have their normal voises that's gonna be really weird around Bowser

Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong have a similar problem

It's hard to tell but you can briefly hear Bowser Jr. when he hits the screen in the leaked video and it sounds like the same voice as Sunshine.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Mario Sunshine Bowser sounds like Cookie Monster. Maybe all this time he's just angry that Mario eats all the pastries before he can get any.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Bicyclops posted:

Mario Sunshine Bowser sounds like Cookie Monster. Maybe all this time he's just angry that Mario eats all the pastries before he can get any.

Sunshine Bowser sounds like a dad in a sitcom, and I love that in this bizarre, backwards way, that actually works for him.

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?

oddium posted:

Donkey Kong's lines should all come from the early 3D DK head demonstration Charles Martinet did where he tries to coax nervous women to come closer

Gonna need a link for this, TIA

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcdkFsVFzMI&t=215s

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Bicyclops posted:

More like all the peaches lol

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

drat, project morpheus is looking good

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

That's the cg cartoon Donkey Kong, yesssss

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

ladyboy pancake posted:

Dixie Kong will be in and she will be great. She will lift barrels and boxes with her ponytail.

This would rule really hard.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Meu tio worked at Nintendo and he said Dixie isn't in sorry. Marshall is though

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Cloud Strife is in.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I wonder if that Mario and Luigi tune is played on the Paper Mario stage.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

I can't tell you which Square character they slipped in but it'll leave you saying "gee, no way" ;p

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

oddium posted:

I can't tell you which Square character they slipped in but it'll leave you saying "gee, no way" ;p

So...Golbez?

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

It's Culex

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

oddium posted:

square characters huh?

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Louisgod posted:

square characters huh?

Broque Monsieur and Broggy confirmed.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

Louisgod posted:

square characters huh?

Time for the triumphant return of Cubivore

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Louisgod posted:

square characters huh?

When the ? Block joins the battle, Alfonzo holds the power-ups. "Leave it to me!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

To hell with Golbez, how about Gilgamesh?

• Locked thread