Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011
I thought he just didn't want to spoil it for the other guys?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FatSamurai
Jul 7, 2004

Seethe, ye rolling clouds, gather thy stormborn might, and SMITE MINE ENEMY WITH THY UNFETTERED FURY!!!
How the hell do you mix slice-of-life and post-apoc mecha?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

FatSamurai posted:

I mean that's basically Gundam X.

Sad Mammal
Feb 5, 2008

You see me laughin
When Evangelion wasn't up its own rear end that's kind of what it was, too.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Matt, I need to know if Liam is ok. I'm afraid he might have been struck really hard by the irony bus after saying he doesn't think people should blanket statement stuff when getting upset about Sonic.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Commissar Ken posted:

getting upset about Sonic

These are my favorite words in the English language and I cannot think of any context where it will not be funny. Are you talking about the latest podcast cause I'm a bit behind.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

FatSamurai posted:

Read this post immediately after it was said in the podcast

Edit: Oh poo poo, here comes the Sonic talk

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Where's the hexadecimal cosplay pics?

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

beep by grandpa posted:

These are my favorite words in the English language and I cannot think of any context where it will not be funny. Are you talking about the latest podcast cause I'm a bit behind.

Yeah, Red Letter Media did a "Was Sonic really all that great?" retrospective or something and Liam took it to heart. Which is extra funny because then 5 minutes later, on something else, they all admit to being big hypocrites because they harp on dumb poo poo but don't like when people harp on the dumb poo poo they like. Y'know like everyone else. (ESPECIALLY funny when Liam and Pat were harping on the MK8 Mercedes poo poo that they DONT HAVE TO USE as Matt was trying to explain.)

Lone Goat posted:

Where's the hexadecimal cosplay pics?

loving THIS! That sounded cool as hell.

Commissar Ken fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Aug 26, 2014

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

FatSamurai posted:

This is literally what Turn A Gundam is, and Eureka Seven is as well to a certain extent, and then of course there's Donyatsu, about donut-cats in a post-apocalyptic world, with giant robots:

Trexy
Aug 7, 2007

wife/GF
can't/won't

Commissar Ken posted:

Matt, I need to know if Liam is ok. I'm afraid he might have been struck really hard by the irony bus after saying he doesn't think people should blanket statement stuff when getting upset about Sonic.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Liam is going to die trying to play Devil's Advocate.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I can't believe pokken fighters actually happened.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

I feel like that sort of thing is something that companies hold in reserve for The Dark Times. Their ace in the hole.

Trexy
Aug 7, 2007

wife/GF
can't/won't
Matt, if you are taking feedback for the site, the #1 thing that makes me just go back to youtube is when the video will load fine for ~1 minute and then have buffering issues. I always just go back and watch on youtube when it happens.

The already watched tag on youtube is also nice, but I can live without it.

Trexy
Aug 7, 2007

wife/GF
can't/won't

I'm really surprised they didn't announce a wii-u version right off the bat.

From how I understand it, the Japanese arcade scene is kind of it's own entity. Anything to move that brick.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's probably being put on arcade first to give it its ecosystem where it can thrive for a while they figure out exactly what they want it to be.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

If it ever gets ported to the Wii U or other Ninty console, I'll look forward to the video of Woolie making GBS threads himself each time he fights a Machamp.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Trexy posted:

Matt, if you are taking feedback for the site, the #1 thing that makes me just go back to youtube is when the video will load fine for ~1 minute and then have buffering issues. I always just go back and watch on youtube when it happens.

The already watched tag on youtube is also nice, but I can live without it.

The main reason I use youtube over the website is because it has a bigger player without having to bring it into fullscreen.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

How has Pat beaten the game 2.5 times and not realize crossbows have manual aim. Is he the Brad of Superbestfriends that refuses to experiment?

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Tae posted:

How has Pat beaten the game 2.5 times and not realize crossbows have manual aim. Is he the Brad of Superbestfriends that refuses to experiment?

he's using double spears so probably no. it isn't hard to imagine someone who isn't interested in crossbows just never bothering with them.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

straight jerkers posted:

he's using double spears so probably no. it isn't hard to imagine someone who isn't interested in crossbows just never bothering with them.

I don't think he didn't know about that, he just didn't use/know the "manual target the vases" strategy that Woolie applied for that room.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Woolie doesn't know you can cosplay as cool dudes in Dark Souls 2. Little does he know, you can cosplay as the coolest dude

Minorkos fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Aug 27, 2014

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Minorkos posted:

Woolie doesn't know you can cosplay as cool dudes in Dark Souls 2. Little does he know, you can cosplay as the coolest dude

That sets a royal pain in the rear end to farm though.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
So the site has a Prison Break playthrough listed, didn't they list the Monks playthrough a little early too?

Is...is Pat gonna finally confront Tea Bag?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Dias posted:

I don't think he didn't know about that, he just didn't use/know the "manual target the vases" strategy that Woolie applied for that room.

I'm sure he actually doesn't know about manual targeting because he let Woolie manual target with binoculars at least 3 times in the episode, and you know Pat loves to correct Woolie to a near abusive level when he's wrong.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I just want Plague to succeed in his quest to kill Woolie.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rodyle posted:

same

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Rodyle posted:

More than anything, yes. Even if Woolie wins it would be amazing.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
They should absolutely have an event where they set aside a time and place for Woolie to wear the name-engraved ring, and record him fighting all comers.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Oh dear this MK playthrough...
When Matt got stuck in the wall I got horrible flashbacks. Because the exact same thing happened to me and my friend years ago and it took us a week to solve the drat thing. And here I thought it was a 1 time bug.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Rodyle posted:

The footage would just be plagues character warping around and then suddenly being back-stabbed

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Depths posted:

The footage would just be plagues character warping around and then suddenly being back-stabbed

By the way guys make sure you watch all those Plague Dark Souls videos because they're amazing.

Hell, watch his Patreon trailer too, it's a weird cartoon of its own.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

So Pat just told Woolie he's not getting the imitation blue sword, so that means they're not doing Benehort's questline?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

So, do we have any ideas what this year's SoS games will be? After Matt said they're all "highly requested" I'm thinking one of them will be SH2.

Sad Mammal
Feb 5, 2008

You see me laughin

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

So, do we have any ideas what this year's SoS games will be? After Matt said they're all "highly requested" I'm thinking one of them will be SH2.

There was a shot of Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth in the last podcast teaser, so I'm thinking that's one of 'em too. My guess on picks would be Silent Hill 2, Call of Cthulhu, REmake, and... dunno... Outlast maybe?

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Sad Mammal posted:

There was a shot of Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth in the last podcast teaser, so I'm thinking that's one of 'em too. My guess on picks would be Silent Hill 2, Call of Cthulhu, REmake, and... dunno... Outlast maybe?

They did Outlast this past October already (Pat facecam and all).

I'm putting my bets on Five Night's at Freddy's since that game exploded across the LP sphere. It'd make a good one video SoS.

Sad Mammal
Feb 5, 2008

You see me laughin
They did Cthulhu for the Shitstorm too but the friend cast teaser implied they'd be using that one too. But who knows, maybe Matt's a big ol kidder.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsjGGGSZabA

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chrispurple
Dec 29, 2012

Oh man, this is gonna be great.

Haven't watched this yet but I've been going through the Yakuza 4 videos and in episode 16 at a bit before the 25 minute mark Matt jokes about doing an lp of Prison Break. Pat immediately shuts him down and says he's "above that poo poo." I could not possibly be happier about this runback.