Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Freak Futanari posted:

I haven't played The Walking Dead 2 yet, but judging by the sale image it's safe to assume that the protagonist in season 3 will be that baby, right?

No, you feed that baby to a zombie dog in order to get away from it. Season 2 is much more shock value than season 1.

It's still pretty good though.

(you don't actually feed a baby to a dog to my knowledge, but I'm only on ep 3)

Drifter fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Aug 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i havent read the walking dead in a while but kirkman was always adamant that there would be no zombie animals at all

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Mokinokaro posted:

It's very unlikely. The comic has only moved a few years past the outbreak and its very unlikely Kirkman will let them move past that.

I don't think the game has referenced anything from the comics at all this season, surely it can be its own thing now?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Awesome! posted:

i havent read the walking dead in a while but kirkman was always adamant that there would be no zombie animals at all

There's already been an animal that does everything but give you zombie plague though.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Is steam down for anyone else?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Deakul posted:

I don't think the game has referenced anything from the comics at all this season, surely it can be its own thing now?

It's still his universe and moving too far ahead could affect the lore of the world.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Mokinokaro posted:

It's still his universe and moving too far ahead could affect the lore of the world.

The deep, rich lore of 'here's dead things trying to eat me?'

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Drifter posted:

The deep, rich lore of 'here's dead things trying to eat me?'

Yeah it's funny that Kirkman's stuff is probably the lamest of the Walking Dead EU. Although the quality of the show and the games have dipped too (well, the shows been dipping for a while now.) I feel like the Walking Dead gets by on pure momentum these days.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

PantsBandit posted:

I guess I'm really bad at fighting games because I can't figure out for the life of me what the timing is to do a fallbreaker in KoF and it won't let me move on until I do it :mad:

You let Raiden knock you into the air with his silly kick, then do the roll while you're still airborne, before you hit the ground. Fallbreaker is pretty lenient.

Now, when you get to the part where the tutorial requires you to do a Max Cancel... :f5h::mad:

It's pretty playable with friends without being able to pull this twitch stuff off, though, as long as you don't plan on going to Evo.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

I Am Just a Box posted:

You let Raiden knock you into the air with his silly kick, then do the roll while you're still airborne, before you hit the ground. Fallbreaker is pretty lenient.

Now, when you get to the part where the tutorial requires you to do a Max Cancel... :f5h::mad:

It's pretty playable with friends without being able to pull this twitch stuff off, though, as long as you don't plan on going to Evo.

Ooooh, ok. The way they phrase it makes it sound like you're supposed to do the input right as you hit the ground.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Some The Crew beta keys:

MAYU-CCW3-JA98-EGC3
AM68-WTLG-6F8E-A733

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

ymgve posted:

Some The Crew beta keys:
MAYU-CCW3-JA98-EGC3
Thanks for this!

singateco
Jan 28, 2013

ymgve posted:

Some The Crew beta keys:

AM68-WTLG-6F8E-A733

I used this one. Thank you!

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Well this is kind of random.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Gimnbo posted:

Well this is kind of random.

Intresting. Weird way to test the waters further after Dynasty Warriors.

Koei, you big teases. Gimmie! :argh:

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

What's steams following like in China? It looks like that's gonna be firmly in chinese only, and I can't help but think it's gonna struggle like that.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
Where the hell is the Lethal League hype? That game is out now and it owns hard. Let's get some goon matches together!

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

MooCowlian posted:

What's steams following like in China? It looks like that's gonna be firmly in chinese only, and I can't help but think it's gonna struggle like that.

Isn't it an older game? I can't imagine that it hasn't already made a profit through conventional sales methods.

It's hardly going to struggle.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

MooCowlian posted:

What's steams following like in China?
From what I understand, it's technically illegal. That's why Dota 2 has it's own special Steam client in China, "operated" by a Chinese publisher, just for that one game.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Why is it illegal? Because its foreign and/or little government control/approval over its contents?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
China is very controlling when it comes to communication that it doesn't control.

Millions of people being able to talk via that sounds like it fits that bill.

source: I watch some Chinese movies sometimes and also maybe saw a tweet about this issue.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Drifter posted:

Isn't it an older game? I can't imagine that it hasn't already made a profit through conventional sales methods.

It's hardly going to struggle.

I think Souzou is the most recent Nobunaga's Ambition game. I know it's getting a release on the PS4, at least.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Why is it illegal? Because its foreign and/or little government control/approval over its contents?
Online games, as I understand, need approval from the Ministry of Culture and to be operated by a Chinese company. World of Warcraft, to give an example, has gone through vast amounts of bureaucratic chaos and censorship of anything remotely resembling a skeleton or severed head.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Well, yeah, it's not a failure of a game or anything (I assume). I mean, is a steam version likely to get make any more headway?

I don't know what the eastern audience is like for steam, but it's a game that was already on PC a year ago, and is in a language that's probably not widely spoken among steam's userbase. I can't help but think that's probably not going to make for a particularly successful steam release. Not like a disaster or anything, but it just seems like a weird thing to put on steam, and probably won't get much of a boost out of this.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Traditional only means it's probably for Hong Kong/Taiwan, mainland uses Simplified. That being said, is there an English or Simplified Chinese patch? My Traditional sucks, but I'm decent at Simplified.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Dota's random drops are considered gambling so their dota uses a different system. I don't think steam itself is illegal but they have a heavily limited library.

KOEI has given them a lot of pc ports due to the laws heavily restricting console sales.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Aug 27, 2014

TheCoon
Mar 3, 2009

MooCowlian posted:

Well, yeah, it's not a failure of a game or anything (I assume). I mean, is a steam version likely to get make any more headway?

I don't know what the eastern audience is like for steam, but it's a game that was already on PC a year ago, and is in a language that's probably not widely spoken among steam's userbase. I can't help but think that's probably not going to make for a particularly successful steam release. Not like a disaster or anything, but it just seems like a weird thing to put on steam, and probably won't get much of a boost out of this.

Koei have done this before because it's probably easier for them to manage updates and stuff. One of the earlier Dynasty Warriors is on Steam in Traditional Chinese but you can't buy it on the store, only in Hong Kong or whatever. The only difference is them letting foreigners buy it this time.

I hope they put out an English version of it, but they won't because they're idiot fuckers.

Shlapintogan posted:

I think Souzou is the most recent Nobunaga's Ambition game. I know it's getting a release on the PS4, at least.

The PS4 version came out ages ago, February or so(I think). It's meant to be pretty good.

Mokinokaro posted:

Dota's random drops are considered gambling so their dota uses a different system. I don't think steam itself is illegal but they have a heavily limited library.

Didn't they just remove the keys from Dota2 to get around this?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Mokinokaro posted:

Also most people who aren't just Dota players but still want to use Steam just use a VPN, at least in my experience.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

TechnoSyndrome posted:

Where the hell is the Lethal League hype? That game is out now and it owns hard. Let's get some goon matches together!

I literally had no idea it was going to be ready this soon (and not even EA)

edit: does anyone wanna do a 4 pack

1. Me
2. ???
3. ???
4. ???

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

ymgve posted:

Some The Crew beta keys:

MAYU-CCW3-JA98-EGC3
AM68-WTLG-6F8E-A733
http://www.mmorpg.com/giveaways.cfm/offer/554/The-Crew-Beta-Key-Giveaway.html
This place is making GBS threads out keys if you missed.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

So besides "A Racing Game" someone tell me whats up with this "The Crew" racing game. Is it arcadey? Realistic? Customizable?

Sell me.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Big open world to drive/cruse around in. You can 'drive across the USA'. Think TDU with Ubisoft staples (Bad shoe-horned story that constantly reminds you to pay attention to it, looking for a thing that reveals activities to do in the local area, etc). Controls are kinda Arcade with Boatercar, at least that's the feel for the starter cars they want you to use.
It scratches my TDU/Forza Horizon itch.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Not sure if this is the right thread for this but can anyone recommend a decent, cheap mic? I've been using an old busted headset in tandem with my headphones but I'm tired of the jankyness. I just need one to either sit on my desk or clip onto my headphone wire or whatever.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Croccers posted:

Big open world to drive/cruse around in. You can 'drive across the USA'. Think TDU with Ubisoft staples (Bad shoe-horned story that constantly reminds you to pay attention to it, looking for a thing that reveals activities to do in the local area, etc). Controls are kinda Arcade with Boatercar, at least that's the feel for the starter cars they want you to use.

Well poo poo, i've been wanting a TDU-like for a while. Gonna grab a key for this from that site and hope it has a decent degree of car customization and poo poo.

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop
Geforce is giving out The Crew keys too:

http://www.geforce.com/geforce-the-crew-beta-key-give-away

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

I wish they'd make another Driver game like Driver: SF. That game ruled.

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005
"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free do to anything"
Alpha Protocol went from wonderful to super lovely and boring once I started my mission in Saudi-Arabia. It gets better, right?

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop

Downs Duck posted:

Alpha Protocol went from wonderful to super lovely and boring once I started my mission in Saudi-Arabia. It gets better, right?

Saudi Arabia is basically an extended tutorial. If you liked the bits before, you will love the stuff after.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

Croccers posted:

Haven't had a chance to try it yet, but one of the things that looked neat was how they let you go offroad at any time. In the GB QL of the beta, they managed to skyrim their way partway up a mountain before their car started stalling out. I don't actually care about the racing, but the idea of just being able to drive anywhere without having to stick to the roads is super appealing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Downs Duck posted:

Saudi Arabia is really dumb and does a good job turning people off the game. Power through it, it gets much better.

• Locked thread