Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

I've seen a few vehicles doing that. Mostly trucks, but some cars. On the right vehicle/done well, it doesn't look 1/2 bad, and its incredibly durable. Some of the lumber companies up here are doing it to their work trucks to protect them from the abuse, and most of the guys like it - truck stays looking "better" longer, and less worries about rust, etc.

Still a bit weird, but, hey, its got its places.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HorseLord
Aug 26, 2014
It looks like a prop from a late 90s dystopian sci-fi.

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer

makes sense, as the original paint should have gone to poo poo by now.

rattlecan the wheels black and it'd be bitchin.

ed : so beaten

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/cto/4637383318.html

quote:

1995 Buick Roadmaster/Superbird (Repainted) - $7100 (Albuquerque)

This car is presently licensed and insured (clear title) as a 1995 Buick Roadmaster. The running condition is excellent. It has the LT1 350 engine (260hp) factory dual exhaust and front and rear stabilizer bars. Power everything , leather interior. Does not burn oil and passes the emissions test. The tires are excellent. AC does not work. The rear driver side window works, but makes a strange click upon closing. All the steel work is 12 gauge steel and is in perfect condition. No body-filler was used on this car. I have not had any problems getting it insured or license-renewals (it is presently licensed). Please see all of the photos, note: I also included two "before" photos at the end of the photo line up. Call Robert for any other details. CASH only. Thank you.

I guess he was going for this???

slip proof stairs
Oct 22, 2012

That's Mad Max as hell.

Texas :sigh:

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

I can't unsee the buick under that shitload of acute-angled bondo. It hurts. I can't even close my eyes without seeing the roadmaster staring right at me.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

fakeaccount posted:

I can't unsee the buick under that shitload of acute-angled bondo. It hurts. I can't even close my eyes without seeing the roadmaster staring right at me.

Dude claims it's all steel.

Imagine all that fine steel being wasted like that.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDGzvJ14_Xg

Unload My Head
Oct 2, 2013

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Dude claims it's all steel.

Doubly hilarious because you can clearly see where his body "work" meets the urethane bumper and there would obviously be filler there.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

Not that the kind of person who would buy this would care, but wouldn't bed-lining a whole car add quite a bit of weight?

Unload My Head
Oct 2, 2013
No it won't. It does weigh more than normal paint, but it is a negligible amount. Try picking up a can of bedliner and a can of paint the next time you're at an auto parts store.

I see wheeling rigs painted with bedliner all the time up here in the PNW, but doing that to a Camaro and then proceeding to ask book value for that car is a whole other type of crazy.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

It's not on craigslist, it's just something I've heard through the grapevine (read: my wife).

1974 Beetle for $300. The owner got a new car, brought it down for her nieces to drive, they took it to school a few times and then it wouldn't start any more. They basically just left it in the driveway after that. They claim it had a rebuilt engine put in it pretty recently.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
BUY THAT YOU SON OF A BITCH.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
BUY THE gently caress OUT OF THAT gently caress

Dead loving serious, get on that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
BAD DECISION 2014 GET ON THAT poo poo.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Seriously, it looks fairly low-rust, was clearly repainted fairly recently (<10 years), has those fiberglass speaker kick panels that let you throw new speakers in there no problem, has a later engine (paper filter, which they went to in 73-74 IIRC?), and only one major dent. Everything else is just cobwebby, and that headliner will either trim down or rip out in minutes, and there are a thousand options to replace it (everything from a proper headliner kit, to literally sticking/gluing some well-trimmed carpeting or fabric easily enough).

PhoenixWing
Feb 13, 2012

Kombi Haus? Thats right near me. If they still wish to sell it, I will legit buy that for $300 tomorrow.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

PhoenixWing posted:

Kombi Haus? Thats right near me. If they still wish to sell it, I will legit buy that for $300 tomorrow.

It's not actually in Sacramento. It's at the owner's dad's house and he's the guy I talked to, so we're trying to get in contact with her to talk title details and such. I'm pretty much planning to buy it at this point.

If I buy it, come drink beers and clean cobwebs. If I don't buy it for some reason, I'll PM you the owner's phone number.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Whereish are you located? Because drinking beer and cleaning out/fixing old cars is positively amazing.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Geirskogul posted:

Whereish are you located? Because drinking beer and cleaning out/fixing old cars is positively amazing.

SF bay area. You're in AZ, right? Probably too far for beer and beetles.

Important question, is it possible to replace the steering wheel with an older one? Because the one in there looks pretty poo poo, worst part of the car imo.

PhoenixWing
Feb 13, 2012

Pham Nuwen posted:

SF bay area. You're in AZ, right? Probably too far for beer and beetles.

Important question, is it possible to replace the steering wheel with an older one? Because the one in there looks pretty poo poo, worst part of the car imo.

Yes, but, you need to replace the whole steering column, indicator assembly, and then rig something up on the dash to run the wipers as the old style ones only had indicator stalks. Unless you want to bend the old one to clear the steering wheel, which also works. I'd probably just put a Grant steering wheel on it instead of an older bug one.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
With a tiny bit of work and an appropriate steering wheel cover, it doesn't look half bad. Bend/re-form the rear plastic shield into place so it matches the front again, and you're golden.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

:effort:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

PhoenixWing posted:

I think you/your dad may have more ACVWs than I have MJs. This is a good thing and you should buy more.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
Hey guys I'm just selling my daughter's car for her. You can give me a call, or just drop by her house unannounced, that's cool too. :staredog:

Unload My Head
Oct 2, 2013
Honestly I am more shocked to see a "New Edge"(tm) Cougar that is still relatively roadworthy.

Torraque
May 18, 2014

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/4626496989.html

I'm really not sure what to think of this thing.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

Torraque posted:

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/4626496989.html

I'm really not sure what to think of this thing.

:staredog:

I think it might be awesome? In the way that something that can never (nor should ever) be used can be awesome.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Isnt the 12A relatively gutless? I doubt that would be really all that scary. I did see a Triumph TR-X7 he called it with a 13B under the hood, if theres anything an ugly english roadster needs its a rotary under the hood.

Unload My Head
Oct 2, 2013

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

Isnt the 12A relatively gutless?

100~ish horses, so yeah.

I just looked up the curb weight of a 2wd Tracker and hilariously enough it is nearly identical to a first-gen RX-7.

I'd drive it around at redline just for the hell of it.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

Isnt the 12A relatively gutless?

Yeah that's why it's weird and hard to figure out the why of.
12a ~ 110hp
"The Tracker was originally powered by Suzuki's 1.6L SOHC 4-cylinder engine producing 80 hp"

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002
It's the RePu SUV Mazda never made.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
The 12a is most commonly found in Bongo vans here - there reason is to make a lot of noise nothing else

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
Holy god drat I wish I had $4500 right now

quote:

Hopefully I won't regret doing this, but it's time to let go of my 1987 Volvo 240 DL station wagon. She runs great, rides awesome, and has always been reliable. Having a 940 B230FT engine swap in conjunction with a 5.0 Mustang T5 transmission and a G80 posi, I've had much fun with her throughout my ownership. The white wagon is a daily driver that is modified with both reliability and practicability in mind. Her differential is re-geared to 3.73 ratio for maximum fuel economy. There are many goodies including a 15G turbo, 242GT intercooler, IPD turbo cam, LH2.2 from an '87 740 with Bosch EZK ECU, 3" turbo-back exhaust, a Hurst Fox body Mustang short flow shifter, 6-puck ceramic spring disk clutch with lightened flywheel, IPD 25mm sway bars front and back, IPD lowering springs, Bilstein struts, polyurethane trailing arm bushings, R-Sport poly motor mounts, IPD upper and lower braces, and firewall braces. This sexy beast is rolling on a set of 16" Hydra with fairly new tires. She also got nice sound that is powered by a Sony deck with Bluetooth capability, a Pioneer amplifier, a Rockford 10" sub-woofer, and upgraded speakers and tweeters.

See below for a comprehensive list of all upgrades, as well as extras that will be included with the sale. The white wagon holds a clean California title in my name and is free of accident history. Body is clean and without noticeable blemishes. No body repair work has ever been performed anywhere on the vehicle. Glossy original paint on all body panels are without oxidation. Being a California car all her life, entire undercarriage is absolutely rust free. There are no fluid leaks of any kind and there is no oil-consumption issue. Interior is clean and upholstery is in exceptional shape, although there is a rip on left side of the driver's seat bolster and two minor cracks on middle of the dashboard. Registration has been renewed recently and valid thru August 2015 (photo shows old tag but new one is on its way).

Odometer currently shows 49,739 miles; although true mileage is unknown as the hundred-thousandths gear is stuck. All other digits on the odometer are turning accurately as it should however. Speedometer is not operational since the G80 posi/locker is installed; I'm quite certain this is caused by incompatibility with the stock speed sensor. Freon in A/C is drained as the previous owner performing the engine swap, so a re-charge should do if you want cold air. With that said, this turbocharged station wagon is overall presentable and mechanically solid! She has just made it through smog inspection without any issues. A smog certificate will be provided for the buyer.

Writing this ad not only making it hard for me, but also reminds me of how much money I've spent to get it to where it's at. I purchased the white wagon off of a local guy here in the SF Bay Area back in '13, and planned to keep her for a long time. Previous owner has put a lot of love and hard work into this car, and the quality of workmanship shows! Water pump, timing belt, thermostat, tensioner, brake pads, and rotors are all replaced within the last 25k miles. I've been keeping up with maintenance and have put in some of the aforementioned upgrades. However, my current living situation involves a very uptight HOA; which has makes it difficult to keep all my cars as well as wrenching on them. So I think it's best to send her off to a good home of a fellow enthusiast who can enjoy and appreciate for all of her awesomeness!

Price is $4500. For inquires, please send an email with a CLEAR AND COHERENT message without counter-offering. Thank you.

====================================================

THE FANTASTIC BITS:
B230FT turbo motor from a '94 Volvo 940
15G turbo
Intercooler from a '82 Volvo 242
T5 transmission from a '84 Mustang 5.0
Clutchnet 6-puck Ceramic spring disk w/stock turbo p.p. and lightened flywheel
G80 posi with 3.73 gearing
Hurst short throw shifter
IPD turbo cam
Lh2.2 with EZK and Turbo computer from an '87 740t
3" mandrel bent turbo back with small resonator and 2-chamber Flowmaster
IPD Sport Springs
Kyb front Struts
Bilstein rear struts
25mm IPD sways front and rear
IPD upper and lower braces
Poly Trailing arm bushings
16" Hydras with 225/55/16 tires and 5mm spacers in the back
Sony head unit with Bluetooth capability
Pioneer amplifier
10" Rockford subwoofer

EXTRAS TO BE INCLUDED WITH SALE:
Manual booster controller
AEM Cone filter
Browntops fuel injectors
Adjustable fuel pressure regulator
3" downpipe with 3" cat

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Godamnit. If I had somewhere to put it, I'd buy it sight unseen and fly out to drive it home. I've been looking for one of those to do sacrilegious hilarious things to.

the night dad
Oct 23, 2006

by XyloJW
I'm not sure what more I can add, so just click the link.

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/4626475204.html

I JUST noticed the skull manual and mirror bones.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
OH MY loving GOD.

http://bringatrailer.com/2014/08/29/year-unknown-flared-alpine-a110-1600/

FUUUUUUUUCK

I wish I had $147,965.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
And a compacter

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

A tenth the price and probably ten times more fun :v:

http://bringatrailer.com/2014/08/26/low-mileage-1993-mazda-autozam-az-1/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

Uhhhhhhhhhh, not even close.