Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

Denim Dude posted:

People were talking about the cards against humanity dude earlier and there is a new gawker article today.

http://valleywag.gawker.com/cards-against-humanitys-accused-rapist-banned-from-tech-1627416634/+laceydonohue

i mean, obviously if he raped someone he deserves everything bad that happens to him but his accuser made a blog post and then disappeared forever. he will never be a convicted rapist, he will never be an acquitted rapist. for the rest of his life he will just be the accused rapist.

not sure how i feel about gawkers coverage considering kotaku thinks unsubstantiated personal poo poo shouldn't be shared

he should sue her like that bright eyes dude did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

falcon2424
May 2, 2005

jalopybrown posted:

he should sue her like that bright eyes dude did

then he'd be silencing a victim.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

redreader posted:

The school cop? What the gently caress is this? Where are there school cops? Jesus christ it sounds like you went to school in prison land or something.

Yeah like Sephiroth said a lot of schools got cops in them after Columbine, we called them school resource officers too but they were really just cops on loan from the city PO.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

dialectics posted:

yeah if you change all of the details about something it becomes a different thing. weird, huh?

The argument was that people were inappropriately injecting spookyness into the game, so I suggested removing the inappropriately suggestive spooky elements, which is totally reasonable because a plot line of finding out your sister ran off with her lesbian lover has nothing to do with an abandoned house and a literal dark and stormy night.

FrostedButts
Dec 30, 2011

redreader posted:

The school cop? What the gently caress is this? Where are there school cops? Jesus christ it sounds like you went to school in prison land or something.

Most schools have SROs. They need their own show.

Bad students, bad students.
Whatcha gonna do.
Whatcha gonna do when they talk to you.

SRO C.O.P.S. is filmed on location. All students are guilty according to zero tolerance.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
The terrorists really did win, didn't they?

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

Denim Dude posted:

People were talking about the cards against humanity dude earlier and there is a new gawker article today.

http://valleywag.gawker.com/cards-against-humanitys-accused-rapist-banned-from-tech-1627416634/+laceydonohue

i mean, obviously if he raped someone he deserves everything bad that happens to him but his accuser made a blog post and then disappeared forever. he will never be a convicted rapist, he will never be an acquitted rapist. for the rest of his life he will just be the accused rapist.

not sure how i feel about gawkers coverage considering kotaku thinks unsubstantiated personal poo poo shouldn't be shared

So much for innocent until proven guilty.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
What kinda surprised me about that 47 second video is that the secret passage seemed like something I would have found pretty easily without a clue. Did he really have to turn on all those specific lights to get to the attic though or was he just having fun on his way there?

Biggie Shorty
Oct 8, 2008

Pawn 17 posted:

Pretty soon everyone is going to be so terrified to offend, that all characters in games will be portrayed by shapeless gray blobs. Of course then people will ask "why not colored blobs hmmmmm???"

Naw because Japanese developers will continue to not give a poo poo

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Denim Dude posted:

Let's not forget the fact that the alleged rape has absolutely no impact on his professional life, whereas the Five Guys incident does.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
America is a pretty lovely country, come to think of it. It also is responsible for many video games (including those discussed in the thread).

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

Paladinus posted:

The only good example was God of War 2. Because what the gently caress was that poo poo? Is there some context to it, or is it just to show that Kratos is a brooding madman?
Never played it but doesn't seem to be any good context for it. God of War has always been highly sexualized. I can see how they can try to justify it with the roots in Greek mythology, but it's a good example of appealing to 13 year old boys.

Of course the argument could be made that they are trying to play to the audience, with the obvious counter-argument to that being would the audience be more inclusive if the game wasn't so overtly sexualizing women to begin with?

Lifepuzzler
Nov 5, 2009

Paladinus posted:

Tim Schafer's last game is literally about patriarchy. And it's also good.

That's what you get when a man makes a game.

Lol.

You mean Broken Age? That was a really good first half of a game.

Subpar Superhero
Nov 27, 2013

the hunger games

XK posted:

The argument was that people were inappropriately injecting spookyness into the game, so I suggested removing the inappropriately suggestive spooky elements, which is totally reasonable because a plot line of finding out your sister ran off with her lesbian lover has nothing to do with an abandoned house and a literal dark and stormy night.

i mean, yeah, i get it. you could do that but it changes the entire experience. it's pretty clear that the weather/general creepiness is meant to play on the tension that perhaps something really bad happened. it's also supposed to be a pathetic fallacy. it just seems like a nitpick. also i might have misread your post at first sry

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

What kinda surprised me about that 47 second video is that the secret passage seemed like something I would have found pretty easily without a clue. Did he really have to turn on all those specific lights to get to the attic though or was he just having fun on his way there?

someone posted a video of someone else doing it and they didn't turn the light on

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
TFYC FAQ is live

horriblePencilist fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Aug 27, 2014

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'
Hey everyone, there's some new buying advice out there courtesy of "Mr. Fart", which with a name like that I'm sure means he's a great source of advice.

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

Lifepuzzler posted:

Well it was made by Tim Schafer...

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Here's a well known Youtuber playing Gone Home:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPWiJfZ8dZ0

He pewdiepies it up a bit, and overplays his discomfort at the scares he is expecting, but this was the widespread understanding of the game at the time, that it was scary and unsettling. Were they trying to imply that lesbianism was the real monster all along?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Lifepuzzler posted:

Broken Age was really good. I'm still waiting for the second episode, but even with a cliffhanger the first one can pretty much stay on its own feet. Puzzles weren't too challenging, though, so I give it 9/10, because I'm a reasonable person.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

man, a lot of people on the internet really hate each other. what's the point

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Minorkos posted:

man, a lot of people on the internet really hate each other. what's the point

It's like the Hatfields and McCoys at this point. Tensions are going to mount until both 4chan and Tumblr declare ownership of a hog.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

XK posted:

Here's a well known Youtuber playing Gone Home:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPWiJfZ8dZ0

wow, Gone Home is literally the worst video game ever made

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

macnbc posted:

Hey everyone, there's some new buying advice out there courtesy of "Mr. Fart", which with a name like that I'm sure means he's a great source of advice.

It is kind of funny that bioware is calling certain characters pansexual now.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
lmao these social justice games are just weeabo poo poo

quote:

I can't believe it! My mission was supposed to be routine data recovery on an old derelict generation ship, but instead, I ended up rescuing an adorable AI girl who grew up in a tremendously patriarchal Neo-Confucian society?

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

Shadoer posted:

It's like the Hatfields and McCoys at this point. Tensions are going to mount until both 4chan and Tumblr declare ownership of a hog.

I don't think 4chan wants the hog

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

XK posted:

Were they trying to imply that lesbianism was the real monster all along?

we all were, we all were the monsters

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
Love conquers all is pretty funny because like every month some dork wants to LP love's retarded anime poo poo books and the thread gets gassed instantly as soon as someone posts that screen grab of the the teacher wanting to finger his student.jpg every single time.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

A. Beaverhausen posted:

It is kind of funny that bioware is calling certain characters pansexual now.

I just realized we'll eventually get to a point where we have demisexual characters in videogames

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Denim Dude posted:

Gawker is so poo poo.

Why are accused rapes reported in media?

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

Powercrazy posted:

Gawker is so poo poo.

Because rape is the ultimate evil and therefore exciting to read about, even if true or not. Oddly enough, no one has made a " I spit on your grave" video game yet, though.

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Powercrazy posted:

Gawker is so poo poo.

Well anyone accused of a crime is fair game and well true. Just people should be mature enough to know that just because someone is accused doesn't mean they're guilty, and journalists should report that if someone is accused of a crime and is not charged and that there's nothing substantive should report it as such.

Instead they seem to want the poor guy to be ostracized to the point he kills himself just so they can feel morally superior to everyone.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Powercrazy posted:

Gawker is so poo poo.

"This situation is interesting, right? So why shouldn't we be talking about it?"

*manually hand-censors 11 thousand zoe quinn comments*

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'
Mr. Fart's friends have some choice words about Goons.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Lobster Harmonica posted:

"This situation is interesting, right? So why shouldn't we be talking about it?"

*manually hand-censors 11 thousand zoe quinn comments*

It's gross tbqh.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
hosed up to know somethingawful probably won't even be IN the next online gender wars.. drat whats happening around here

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
What are the 'events of last' night, what the gently caress is going on? SA is too old and fat to even have a dog in this fight.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Pawn 17 posted:

Pretty soon everyone is going to be so terrified to offend, that all characters in games will be portrayed by shapeless gray blobs. Of course then people will ask "why not colored blobs hmmmmm???"

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

macnbc posted:

Mr. Fart's friends have some choice words about Goons.

Wait, isn't this guy's only claim to fame that he shits out thousands of comments on youtube every day, so people eventually started noticing him?

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Aug 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

What are the 'events of last' night, what the gently caress is going on? SA is too old and fat to even have a dog in this fight.

that's dog slavery and its not cool

• Locked thread