Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

To me clones are the characters that have the same move set with altered speed/damage(ganondorf, young link).
Lucas and Wolf are more like alternate versions of the character, they play differently, but they look similar. Like Luigi in melee.

I am sad if either of them are gone, because if they stayed they probably would have gotten the Luigi treatment and became a wholly different character.
That might be the reason they let them go though, maybe finding a way to make them even more unique for this game wasn't worth the time, compared to just making a new character.

Really none of the Brawl characters are as same-y as the clones were in melee(even ganondorf got changed up enough to play differently). I can only hope the trend continues, otherwise Lucina and dark Pit are going to be boring as hell.

Leadthumb fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Aug 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I'm excited for Wii Fit trainee after hearing that it is pretty loosely based on JoJos

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

That's because Dio is gonna be a clone alternate version of her.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

The clone wars in star wars really started out as a smash bros. debate.

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive
Did... Did Yahoo fall for the @NintendoAmerico fake tweet?

http://news.yahoo.com/super-smash-bros-leaks-beget-official-nintendo-direct-155354510.html

The tweet:
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerico/status/503995724489846784

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The way Ganondorf was formed is that Falcon drove by Hyrule and Demise's spirit tried to latch onto him, but he was too fast, until he slowed down to have a good time with a Gerudo woman and thus Ganondorf was born. That's why he's so much like Falcon.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Oh man that's right Dark Pit is in so we definitely are getting a remix of his awesome theme how could I forget this.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Louisgod posted:

White people

I am a white Wii FitU guy. All my fat relatives that own it yet haven't unwrapped it. Frankly they should have had the Fit Trainer start fat and grow thinner as the fight goes on.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Again gaming journalism (rightfully) is such a low rung for integrity that posting google results sans reading them is acceptable.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

My parents were all excited to show me how when you step on the Wii fit pad the trainer says "ow!" and then when I stepped on it the trainer didn't do that. i don't know if it's because I weigh like 115 pounds or because I didn't stomp on it or whatever but I prefer for that to be my only experience with the Wii Fit. That's my story.

I think its popularity has been stolen by Fit Bits and whatnot, though.

Bicyclops fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Aug 27, 2014

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Bicyclops posted:

The way Ganondorf was formed is that Falcon drove by Hyrule and Demise's spirit tried to latch onto him, but he was too fast, until he slowed down to have a good time with a Gerudo woman and thus Ganondorf was born. That's why he's so much like Falcon.

That Gerudo girl really showed him her moves.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.

Aston posted:

Alright guys I've got my hands on some previously unseen footage of The Final Five

Ridley is too big to fit in that opera house. Please understand.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

May the Final Five bless us in these trying few weeks before They reveal Their secrets unto the world.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Junkie Disease posted:

I am a white Wii FitU guy. All my fat relatives that own it yet haven't unwrapped it. Frankly they should have had the Fit Trainer start fat and grow thinner as the fight goes on.

I have WiiFit but I need to lose weight in order to use the board. Yes, I know this is a sad statement.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Do we even know if Yoshi still has his own series icon? I mean, I hate to be That Guy, but compare how noteworthy Yoshi was in the SNES-64 era to how he is today.

In his prime there was Yoshi's Island, Yoshi's Story, Tetris Attack, other puzzle games like Yoshi and Yoshi's Cookie. He probably had around as many games as Donkey Kong did in that time.

Nowadays, we have . . . Yoshi's New Island, which was pretty lame. Yoshi's Wooly World too, but that's unreleased. Definitely a far cry from the days when they tried to make Yoshi a bigger franchise player.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The Bee posted:

Do we even know if Yoshi still has his own series icon?

Yes

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The Bee posted:

Do we even know if Yoshi still has his own series icon? I mean, I hate to be That Guy, but compare how noteworthy Yoshi was in the SNES-64 era to how he is today.

In his prime there was Yoshi's Island, Yoshi's Story, Tetris Attack, other puzzle games like Yoshi and Yoshi's Cookie. He probably had around as many games as Donkey Kong did in that time.

Nowadays, we have . . . Yoshi's New Island, which was pretty lame. Yoshi's Wooly World too, but that's unreleased. Definitely a far cry from the days when they tried to make Yoshi a bigger franchise player.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Mr. L, Banjo, Bandanna Dee, Nabbit, and... uh.... Turok?

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
On the topic of Yoshi, I really hope Wooly Yoshi and Yarn Kirby are alternate costumes for them.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Ah, okay then. That does make the split pretty weird.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

The Bee posted:

Yoshi's New Island, which was pretty lame. Yoshi's Wooly World too, but that's unreleased.

Yoshi's Woolly World is going to be the best Yoshi game actually.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
You guys think Yoshi's Woolie World is even going to have a back-story? At least I hope it has one on par with Epic Yarn.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I assume all references to Dio mean Ronnie James Dio and now he's battling Captain Falcon to some Japanese dude's remix of 'Rainbow in the Dark' on Rainbow Cruise and it rules. :getin:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Dio's so metal he demands more posts as tribute. :mad:

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

codenameFANGIO posted:

I assume all references to Dio mean Ronnie James Dio and now he's battling Captain Falcon to some Japanese dude's remix of 'Rainbow in the Dark' on Rainbow Cruise and it rules. :getin:

A post so nice it was posted twice!

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Inverness posted:

Ridley is too big to fit in that opera house. Please understand.

The day before Smash comes out Sakurai reveals Ridley is in the game's roster, as the community wanted so badly. However every other character had to be cut, so the game is just Ridley.

Please understand.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Hackers reveal the entire 2gb of content is a single, empty text file entitled "ridley.txt"

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

A metroid stage where you fight inside of Ridley.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Endorph posted:

Yeah I'm not debating that Wolf is a clone just that Lucas is way more similar to Ness than Wolf is to Fox.

His B moves were the same and his forward smash, animation-wise, but they had different properties. None of his other Smashes, his tilts, Jab combo, or Aerial attacks are the same in animation or properties so no, he wasn't really a clone. Maybe his throws but I can't remember.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Yeah, all of Wolf's A attacks were literally completely different, and those are typically more important. His forward-b is very very different(just because they both move you forward horizontally does not mean they are the same or even all that similar), and his neutral-b is just as different from Fox/Falco's as [any other character goes here]'s projectile.
His up/down-b's are quite close but that's it.
It's really weird that there are still people out there who think he's a 'clone'. Man, Ridley's sprite in Fusion is so loving good.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

CVG reported this as well.

But apparently they deleted the article instead of owning up to the fact that they made a mistake, lol

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Leadthumb posted:

A metroid stage where you fight inside of Ridley.

My first order of business would be to pit Samus and Ridley against each other on this stage.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Wildtortilla posted:

My first order of business would be to pit Samus and Ridley against each other on this stage.

Samus taunt where she takes off all her armor and turns into Ridley. Same attacks, etc.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

If Ridley is so smart why doesn't he wear clothes?

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Ridley real talk: I hope he is a stage hazard, not a one time single player boss, not a playable character. Like how Kraid was in that melee stage. That's the best way to have him represent the series, a norfair stage where he's zoomin' around shooting fire.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Reiley posted:

I'm sorry, but anyone who cannot see The Ridley's New Clothes is too incompetent for their position.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Leadthumb posted:

Ridley real talk: I hope he is a stage hazard, not a one time single player boss, not a playable character. Like how Kraid was in that melee stage. That's the best way to have him represent the series, a norfair stage where he's zoomin' around shooting fire.

Last year, Sakurai hinted that he would be a stage boss on Pyrosphere, like Yellow Devil is on Wily's Castle.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Reiley posted:

It's impossible to make clothes that big. That's why he is so ornery.

Bongo Bill posted:

Last year, Sakurai hinted that he would be a stage boss on Pyrosphere, like Yellow Devil is on Wily's Castle.

Weak, I forgot about that. That sucks for Yellow devil too.

Leadthumb fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Aug 27, 2014

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Jsor posted:

On the topic of Yoshi, I really hope Wooly Yoshi and Yarn Kirby are alternate costumes for them.

Excuse me but Yoshi's alt costume is only allowed to be Boshi. ...or maybe Birdo. But mostly Boshi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Bongo Bill posted:

That's why people suddenly latched onto Ridley being possibly playable; Sakurai made a point of never stating "Ridley".

• Locked thread