Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Hey so gently caress this last mission in Gundam Reborn.

Seriously you can cruise through the whole game while you're pretty much asleep until the last two missions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Oh hey, I bought dynasty warriors 7 empires a long time ago... Enjoy it, but if I recall correctly you can do online co-op for conquest battles. I could be persuaded to help someone. Don't have a ps3 mic, but I do have a PC mic for skype and nonsense.

Edit: While I'm thinking about it, if I recall correctly getting multiplayer to work isn't straightforward. You have to enable it in the options menu and then when you're gearing up for a fight, press start on the preparations screen and when you hit begin you'll start looking for another player, or invite someone to join you. I'm not 100% sure as I've never done it myself, but it's what I've heard second hand.

Drakenel fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Aug 25, 2014

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
So I'm thinking my favorite part about Empires is the character creation. I think eventually the entire cast will be replaced with characters from different franchises.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

Flytrap posted:

So I'm thinking my favorite part about Empires is the character creation. I think eventually the entire cast will be replaced with characters from different franchises.

It's like soul calibur. No one buys it to play the game. They buy it to play dress up.

Incidentally, if you're ok sharing your PSN name, I'll help you conquer china in battle.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I kind of want to get DW7 Empires now that it's on sale, did they ever offer the Nobunyaga CAW set separately after they cut it out of basic package?

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Doesn't look like it.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
The japanese voices dlc fir DW8 pc has been fixed according to KOEI.

Edit: \/ try after the store updates in an hour. It's working for Euro users according to thd steam forums.

Or try verifying your cache.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Aug 26, 2014

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Mokinokaro posted:

The japanese voices dlc fir DW8 pc has been fixed according to KOEI.
I beg to differ with Koei. Same as before, the DLC button just says "play game" and there's no menu option to change languages like it describes.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Samurai Sanders posted:

I beg to differ with Koei. Same as before, the DLC button just says "play game" and there's no menu option to change languages like it describes.

It works. It's in the DLC section if you right-click the game. It will say it's not installed. Uncheck it and recheck it and it will download.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
So Capcom is suing Tecmo Koei for patent infringement. Saying that new games that can add content to previous games is patented by them or whatever.

http://www.destructoid.com/capcom-suing-koei-tecmo-for-patent-infringement-280212.phtml

Seems kind of weird if you ask me because the XL games are all pretty much standard expansions.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I hate patent law so loving much.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Is capcom doing really badly or something? This is almost as desperate as SNK suing Square-Enix

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

That surely can't fly - regardless of whether a judge simply throws the case out, 12 years is a hell of a time to not protect your patent and then expect the courts to backdate everything.

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs

Jibo posted:

So Capcom is suing Tecmo Koei for patent infringement. Saying that new games that can add content to previous games is patented by them or whatever.

http://www.destructoid.com/capcom-suing-koei-tecmo-for-patent-infringement-280212.phtml

Seems kind of weird if you ask me because the XL games are all pretty much standard expansions.

2002? That's almost a decade after Sonic & Knuckles. gently caress Capcom and gently caress lovely-rear end patent law.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yes, this sounds like Capcom alright.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Vice Zoomler Aestro posted:

2002? That's almost a decade after Sonic & Knuckles. gently caress Capcom and gently caress lovely-rear end patent law.

Reminder Nintendo has a patent on "sanity meters" in spite of several games utilizing them before they made the claim.

Patents are loving stupid.

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!

Stelas posted:

That surely can't fly - regardless of whether a judge simply throws the case out, 12 years is a hell of a time to not protect your patent and then expect the courts to backdate everything.

"But rent seeking is all I do!" Atlas whined.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

I honestly think that lawsuits like this is just a companies lawyers getting bored and their CEO throwing them a bone.

Also which Capcom games even make use of this patent? I mean I guess Monster Hunter but those are pretty much straight up expansions.

Spinning Robo
Apr 17, 2007

Luminaflare posted:

I honestly think that lawsuits like this is just a companies lawyers getting bored and their CEO throwing them a bone.

Also which Capcom games even make use of this patent? I mean I guess Monster Hunter but those are pretty much straight up expansions.

Street fighter 4 has been doing this for a while. Its possible to still be using the 2010 edition of the game updated with the expansions.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Spinning Robo posted:

Street fighter 4 has been doing this for a while. Its possible to still be using the 2010 edition of the game updated with the expansions.

That doesn't quite work, though. XLs ARE complete games; the content might be sort of limited, but you could just get XLs and play through their stand alone stuff without the originals. There is, to my knowledge, no version of SF4's expansions that will let you get it as a standalone game, AND adds content to the original.

The SF4s are replacement games. You can download expansion packs, but those are just big DLC packs; they're not playable alone. To get versions that work standalone, you have to rebuy the entire game, not just the new parts.

It's basically like the difference between buying Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles, and buying Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. S3 and S&K are complete games, separately, but you can put them together and get one big game. SA2B is the base game of SA2, but with expansion content that CAN'T be played standalone.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Anyone know chinese?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/292990/?snr=1_4_4__103_1

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

That is the most bizarre thing I've seen in Steam in a long time.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Give me ALL the musou.

Give me Gundam Musou on PC, goddamnit.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Oh my god I've waited so long I'm legit considering this

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I asked in the Steam thread but no response. Is there an English patch out there, or at the very least a quick and dirty Simplified Chinese conversion?

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Does anyone know if that comes with the PUK / quick and dirty mechanics expansion pack that Koei always does for their strategy games and Americans never get?

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Reiterpallasch posted:

Does anyone know if that comes with the PUK / quick and dirty mechanics expansion pack that Koei always does for their strategy games and Americans never get?

the PUK isn't out yet

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008
... and now I am utterly flabbergasted that Koei seemingly never considered Yasuke for a SW game. :psyduck:

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Chortles posted:

... and now I am utterly flabbergasted that Koei seemingly never considered Yasuke for a SW game. :psyduck:

This made me think he was in Nobunaga's Ambition :negative:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

What in the actual gently caress

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
You have no idea how much money I would pay to have the PUK versions of all the ROTK/NA games in English on Steam. Dear god. Would go doubly for ROTK12 except I hear through the grapevine that it was kind of bad compared to 11 and 10.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

Raserys posted:

This made me think he was in Nobunaga's Ambition :negative:
... but he of the "strength of ten men" is in the game (as part of a free DLC that includes Ishikawa Goemon), that's why I posted!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Can anyone explain why, or is it something that will break my brain?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Completely guessing; this is an experiment to see what happens. If this works...

But that doesn't explain why no localisation.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Bloodly posted:

Completely guessing; this is an experiment to see what happens. If this works...

But that doesn't explain why no localisation.

Because that costs a lot of money and would probably require the developers to drop whatever they're doing (the PUK) to work on it while just throwing the PC version they already made up on Steam is free money if even one person buys it. The only weird part is that it's the Chinese language version instead of the Japanese version.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

straight jerkers posted:

Because that costs a lot of money and would probably require the developers to drop whatever they're doing (the PUK) to work on it while just throwing the PC version they already made up on Steam is free money if even one person buys it. The only weird part is that it's the Chinese language version instead of the Japanese version.
Right, and that's pretty loving weird. Well, it still happens though, but usually in regards to the English speaking market.

The only thing I can think of is, does Taiwan (not mainland China since it's traditional Chinese) have a bigger base for playing PC games than Japan, even though Japan has 6x as many people?

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
Very much so, Japan never really latched onto PC gaming.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Elliotw2 posted:

Very much so, Japan never really latched onto PC gaming.

Except for rape and harem games

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
PC gaming and console gaming, or any gaming that involves sitting in one place, isn't nearly as common as the states. Mobile and portable gaming sell very high for a reason, and that's because you're not sitting at home too often with free time outside of a shut-in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CitrusFrog posted:

Except for rape and harem games

hey man dont you make light of rapelay and haremtime, both pinnacles of pc gaming