Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Additionally, we're almost through the Tarot. Of the 22 suits, 19 stands have showed up so far.

Wait, are you saying 3 cups wont be a Stand?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
It would be Minor Arcana. I was referring to the suits in Major Arcana.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kurtofan posted:

Just in case people really care about some random panels In two episodes

So excited to post an obnoxious video instead of obnoxious manga panels.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Someone should rearrange the gifs from the show back into the page itself.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
I'm expecting it in gif, webm, and a video on youtube.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

I'm expecting it in gif, webm, and a video on youtube.

That video better have Awake playing in the background.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
Crosspost from main Jojo thread - quick sketch just now I wanna come back to finish later.

HEY  HEY!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Star Platinum posted:

Part 1: 5 volumes
Part 2: 7 volumes
Part 3: 16 volumes
Part 4: 18 volumes
Part 5: 17 volumes
Part 6: 17 volumes
Part 7: 24 volumes
Part 8: 7 volumes and counting

Parts 3-6 are roughly the same length in terms of volumes but 4-7 feel like they have more content because the battles become a lot more imaginative. If they would animate everything in the same painstaking detail as in Part 3, they would probably be significantly longer.

Worth noting that the volume numbers are going to keep increasing per part now that the parts are usually double the amount of pages than before because it went monthly, and it's not necessarily an indicator that these parts are longer than the ones before. I don't know if it's true, but part 7 feels shorter than parts 4, 5 and 6 from memory.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Additionally, we're almost through the Tarot. Of the 22 suits, 19 stands have showed up so far.

Once the next two are revealed, it should be pretty obvious what Dio's stand is called.

But as we've seen, the stand names don't really lend themselves to what they actually do.

(Hint: Think about Dio's band and it may or may not be related)

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
Man, looking up ahead in the series and I'm just finding it hard to believe that future jojo discussion durr

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Edit: /\/\/\ no way man, the ladies love him. For all we know he doesn't even raise them. But more likely he just grows up. I mean it's obvious he actually likes his mom.

quote:

(Hint: Think about Dio's band and it may or may not be related)
"Za Rainbow!"

I am excited to see people's reactions to this since I have known forever.

itskage fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Aug 27, 2014

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

His special ability is riding tigers and cleaning them.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Yo guys this is the anime thread, not the manga thread, get those spoilers out of here.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Davinci posted:

Yo guys this is the anime thread, not the manga thread, get those spoilers out of here.

I'm just making references to Holy Diver by Dio. I haven't ever put any spoilers down nor intend to talk about the future until the anime gets there. (I also only know about bits of the rest of Part 3 due to the OVA I saw ages ago and bits and pieces of the next few parts like the main jojo and what their stand can do)

Sekkira fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Aug 27, 2014

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Sekkira posted:

I'm just making references to Holy Diver by Dio. I haven't ever put any spoilers down nor intend to talk about the future until the anime gets there.

I think he's talking about people referencing Jotaro's daughter

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Well, I don't think it's really a spoiler that each part revolves around the generations of the Joestar bloodline. Which is why ages ago I wondered why I got probated for saying everybody in this part is probably not alive in part 8 due to it being at least 5 generations later. Just like everybody in part 1 isn't alive anymore due to it now being 100 years later.

I say this not actually knowing that this is the case, just assuming based on its history rather than what I and everybody else in this thread knows.

Sekkira fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Aug 27, 2014

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

This thread exists separately from the Jojo franchise megathread mostly out of consideration for people going in unspoiled. You might think it's a bit strange for people to be really strict about spoilers, but again it's just a matter of being considerate.

Spoilers aren't really that big a deal, no, but holding back on them isn't all that much to ask either.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Sekkira posted:

Just like everybody in part 1 isn't alive anymore due to it now being 100 years later.

Speedwagon is totally still alive and you know it. :colbert:

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Sekkira posted:

Well, I don't think it's really a spoiler that each part revolves around the generations of the Joestar bloodline. Which is why ages ago I wondered why I got probated for saying everybody in this part is probably not alive in part 8 due to it being at least 5 generations later. Just like everybody in part 1 isn't alive anymore due to it now being 100 years later.

I say this not actually knowing that this is the case, just assuming based on its history rather than what I and everybody else in this thread knows.

(very non-specific manga spoiler, mostly just tagging to be on the safe side)

There's actually a big thing that happens later on that will probably explain why you got probated for that. Ask in the manga thread if you want to know, because it's an incredibly huge spoiler for 6/7/8.

KoB
May 1, 2009
How come Joseph hasnt taught Jotaro the Ripple? Does a 70 year old man think he can handle DIO on his own?

Basically I want Joseph to punch a frog.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

KoB posted:

How come Joseph hasnt taught Jotaro the Ripple? Does a 70 year old man think he can handle DIO on his own?

Because Ripple is out. Seriously, outside of some cameos, we probably won't see it again.

KoB
May 1, 2009

e X posted:

Because Ripple is out. Seriously, outside of some cameos, we probably won't see it again.

I get that its out for the series, but it makes no sense that Joseph is going to fight a vampire dude and isnt interested in teaching him the Ripple.

At least give us a scene where he punches Jojo and it doesnt kick start it or something.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Because the ripple is absolutely useless against stands and Joseph probably figured it was more effective letting Jotaro hone the use of a stand that could smash Dio to bits through raw force than teaching him a skill that he would never use more than once.

E: like Joseph probably totally was going to teach Jotaro the ripple until he saw how ludicrous Star Platinum was and figured "know what, that'll do fine, I forgot most of that poo poo anyway"

Babysitter Super Sleuth fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Aug 27, 2014

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

KoB posted:

DIO has a Stand. Why would Jotaro need to learn the Ripple when he could just beat up DIO's stand?

And for that matter, you're forgetting three very important things:

1. Joseph hasn't used the Ripple in 50 years and says as much in the Empress episode.

2. Joseph has never been good at making the kind of strong Ripples that Jonathan has, always relying on guile strategy to beat his opponents. Jotaro's Ripple wouldn't be all that strong as a result, and then he'd have to add weapon training on top of that to make up for it like Joseph did.

3. When during all of the Stand battles is Joseph going to find time to teach Jotaro how to use the Ripple proficiently, especially when he only learned how to master it by being throw into a large pit and forced to climb a giant pillar before training for a month nearly nonstop?

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Also Joseph isn't exactly a ripple master like Zeppeli or Lisa Lisa. Just because you have a certain skill doesn't mean you can teach it to others, especially if you haven't really practiced it in years or even decades.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Joseph just doesn't want to become the Zeppeli of part 3

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Why doesn't Joseph pass on his American Crackers to Jotaro? I'm sure he could find a use for them. :v:

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Spacedad posted:

Crosspost from main Jojo thread - quick sketch just now I wanna come back to finish later.

HEY  HEY!
What would Star Krustinum's battle cry be?

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Joseph is just an awful teacher.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Supersonic Shine posted:

What would Star Krustinum's battle cry be?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72-8Lapk5-g

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

umalt posted:

i'm a big loving retard

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
Yes, yes I am.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
oh no, spoilers, my life is ruined

lol

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
The whole spoiler thing is so hideously blown out of proportion in recent years. I get not wanting to know every single twist and turn of a story, but Jolyne's identity is literally the description of part 6, Not to mention that this is entire series is basically one long family chronicle to begin with.

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008

Spacedad posted:

HEY  HEY!

I love you, Spacedad.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

e X posted:

The whole spoiler thing is so hideously blown out of proportion in recent years. I get not wanting to know every single twist and turn of a story, but Jolyne's identity is literally the description of part 6, Not to mention that this is entire series is basically one long family chronicle to begin with.

On the other hand: there's literally a thread where you can discuss all the spoilers to your hearts' content, there are indeed some folks who don't want to know any of what's coming up. This is not a big deal or particularly hard to accommodate! It's barely even an inconvenience seeing as how, again, there's literally a thread where you can talk about the Dark Secret of Dio's Taint to the end of time.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The dark secret of Dio's taint is you never see it.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

darn

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Beef Waifu posted:

However you can rest assured that it is the second most perfect taint to ever be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

Beef Waifu posted:

mods??

• Locked thread