Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Argue posted:

Is Layton X AA getting a retail release? It's one of those games I'll likely be sharing with my brother, so I'd prefer not to get it on the eshop.

Yes. Although I've seen it range from anywhere between $30 and $40 depending on from who and when you ordered it (if you preordered) so you might want to double check on that before pulling the trigger if it really is going to be only $30 on the eShop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The NOA PR said the RRP was $29.99 so any retailer asking for more is ripping you off.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
I know at one point Amazon had it going for $32 (20% off of $40), but I haven't gotten an email saying they're only charging me $30 (yet) even though they're showing $29.99 as the regular price now. :shrug:

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
For the Capcom sale:
MH3 Ultimate is 15.99, DuckTales is 7.49, Chronicles of Mystara is 6.75, Revelations is 19.99, and the Virtual Console games are 4.99.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

On the 3DS, Dual Destinies is $18, MH3U is $20, SF4 is $10, and RE Revelations and Mercenaries are $9. That's weird that they're charging more for the 3DS version of Monster Hunter.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
Any possibility Gunvolt is going to be a midnight eshop release? I don't know how they handle non-thursday games.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Thanks for that, dudes.

Fancy Hat! posted:

Any possibility Gunvolt is going to be a midnight eshop release? I don't know how they handle non-thursday games.

I don't think it will be, no.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Kinda in disbelief that LaytonxWright is downloading right now, I thought it'd never get a US release.

Very happy about it, though. Hopefully this will lead to both Professor Layton and Pheonix Wright in 5mash Bros. Amoured Edition TIA Sakurai

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Is this the same Layton/Wright game that Europe got months and months ago?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Is this the same Layton/Wright game that Europe got months and months ago?

Yes, the release of Layton games in America is usually very staggered because Level 5 hates us.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Are you saying that Level 5 is the Euro equivalent of Atlus for America?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Pretty much, yeah.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The NOA PR said the RRP was $29.99 so any retailer asking for more is ripping you off.
:what: I'm pretty sure it was more expensive in PAL-land.

Speaking of games which are massively delayed, is there a firm date on SMT IV, or is it still just "September"? I presume that means it'll just show up unannounced on the eShop on the 30th of September at some random time.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

irlZaphod posted:

Speaking of games which are massively delayed, is there a firm date on SMT IV, or is it still just "September"? I presume that means it'll just show up unannounced on the eShop on the 30th of September at some random time.

No update, but brace for a Thursday nearing the end of the month.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

irlZaphod posted:

Yea it released for 40€ and it's still basically impossible to find a new copy for less than that. That's pretty much the only reason why I haven't played it yet, I refuse to pay that much for a single game.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yo NA dudes, two new Kirby minigames just went up in the 3DS eShop: Kirby Fighters Deluxe and Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe, expanded versions of the side-games from Kirby Triple Deluxe. $6.99 each.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Gunvolt's up!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If you get Mighty Gunvolt please be sure to buy Gungal so you have all of the canon for these wonderful crossover games.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'm getting it just so I can ask them to port Galgun to the Wii U in my survey.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Can confirm, the bonus game is just a code on the digital receipt that you can just hit "use" right then and there.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.

Yo NA dudes, two new Kirby minigames just went up in the 3DS eShop: Kirby Fighters Deluxe and Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe, expanded versions of the side-games from Kirby Triple Deluxe. $6.99 each.

Put out with absolutely no fanfare? WHAT? I'll never understand Nintendo of America's release philosophy.

Fancy Hat! fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Aug 29, 2014

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Fancy Hat! posted:

Put out with absolutely no fanfare? WHAT? I'll never understand Nintendo of America's release philosophy.

I thought we knew about these well in advance? Or was that all Japanese marketing?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

jivjov posted:

Or was that all Japanese marketing?

Yep.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Layton vs. Wright is so, so good. There's so much love packed into all of the wonderfully silly animations and backgrounds. Layton meeting Wright for the first time is amazing thanks to the dead-eyed stares from under a hat that it produces. Not to mention Maya's smuggo smile.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

Stelas posted:

Layton vs. Wright is so, so good. There's so much love packed into all of the wonderfully silly animations and backgrounds. Layton meeting Wright for the first time is amazing thanks to the dead-eyed stares from under a hat that it produces. Not to mention Maya's smuggo smile.

Is it more like an Ace Attorney game or my like a Layton game? I love Ace Attorney but just couldn't stand the Layton games.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's more like Layton.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

OptimusShr posted:

Is it more like an Ace Attorney game or my like a Layton game? I love Ace Attorney but just couldn't stand the Layton games.

Most of it's like Layton, yeah, but then you'll get an extended Ace Attorney sequence taking up an entire chapter or something.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Did the future Layton games get rid of the pixel hunting for puzzles? I played the first Layton game and the pixel hunting for puzzles drove me mad. The OCD in me made me refuse to brute force my way through the game until I solved the puzzles without using any hint coins and found each puzzle, so I never finished it.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

OptimusShr posted:

I'd love to know this too. I've actually been holding off on this game for the same reason.

e: ah. poo poo.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Do not even ask posted:

Did the future Layton games get rid of the pixel hunting for puzzles? I played the first Layton game and the pixel hunting for puzzles drove me mad. The OCD in me made me refuse to brute force my way through the game until I solved the puzzles without using any hint coins and found each puzzle, so I never finished it.

There's still optional hidden puzzles, sorry.

KoB
May 1, 2009

elf help book posted:

There's still optional hidden puzzles, sorry.

5 wasnt very bad compared to the old ones at least.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
In the last one, absolutly nothing is missable at least. So you could just leave it for later (and then maybe never do them).

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Layton vs AA is probably in like the top 3 games I played this year but I'm a huge fan of both series so I'm not sure what it'd be like if you were only into one of them

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

loving hell Gunvolt unironically uses Tumblr pronouns.

Still owns despite that.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Just came here to talk about this since it's on the eShop and the main 3DS thread is furious about an updated model of the 3DS, has anyone tried them yet? The drum game was sort of fun but I put 15 minutes into it vs. the couple hours I enjoyed of Kirby Fighters.

Major Cons:
Still no wifi, have to stand face to face with another adult gameboy owner to fully enjoy this Kirby Smash Bros game for a month before real Smash Bros is out.

Pros:
Unlike the Drum game which is also 6.99, the fighter description confirms two additional abilities and one map unlocked for free for all Kirby Triple Deluxe owners.

If anyone could tell me how much more content it really has vs. the one that game with the full Kirby game I'd appreciate it, as far as the Dedede's Drum thing goes I can't imagine that being worth seven bucks unless you really enjoy bouncing up and down on drums more than most other things in life.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

extra stout posted:

Just came here to talk about this since it's on the eShop and the main 3DS thread is furious about an updated model of the 3DS, has anyone tried them yet?

They literally only just got announced as existing, they'll be out October 10th in Japan and likely something like Marchish 2015 here.

Basically people are livid because it's sort of like the DSi, in that it has more powerful internals that some games will actually require, like a New3DS port of Xenoblade which will apparently not work on any current 3DS units.

It has a small nub above the YXBA buttons which is basically a right analog stick that's permanently there, and the camera will now track your eyes and tweak the 3D effect so it works from a much wider angle than it does now.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

I'm stoked Layton vs. Wright finally released but the delay seems absurd. I figured they were making some adjustments for the NA audience, like they do with Layton, but as far as I can tell this is exactly the European version. It has Luke's Euro voice, British spelling (defence, honour), etc. Unlike the actual Layton games, it doesn't appear to have had any localization done to it that would excuse the delay. Goddamn you Level 5, I could have been playing this months ago.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
Umm..poo poo, so I bought Azure Striker and kinda A buttoned my way past the digital receipt for Mighty Gunvolt. Is there a way to check the receipt after the fact, or do I need to contact Nintendo about this?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

hamburgers in pockets posted:

Umm..poo poo, so I bought Azure Striker and kinda A buttoned my way past the digital receipt for Mighty Gunvolt. Is there a way to check the receipt after the fact, or do I need to contact Nintendo about this?

It's in the settings section at the far left of the eShop, I think.

extra stout posted:

If anyone could tell me how much more content it really has vs. the one that game with the full Kirby game I'd appreciate it, as far as the Dedede's Drum thing goes I can't imagine that being worth seven bucks unless you really enjoy bouncing up and down on drums more than most other things in life.

Drum Dash has a lot more content than the retail minigame, but it was never very deep to begin with. The Triple Deluxe unlock is a bunch of masks for Dedede, I think, noyhing substantial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

It's in the settings section at the far left of the eShop, I think.

Specifically, under "Account Activity"