Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Tevye317 posted:

Regarding talk of no crusades. From a 1066 start it's 1106 now. The Levant is still in Muslim hands, pretty sure Byz hasn't gone down there at all.

My current game is on 1077 and no crusades yet too. Jerusalen currently belongs to the byzantines and Asturias have recovered half of Iberia, the rest of it is still muslim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

lenoon posted:

When a plot I've concocted is revealed I will often make a point of tracking down that person after it succeeds and assassinating them. I think it stands as a lesson to all those who would defy my power.

By plot? Isn't that a mobius strip of murder?

Tevye317
Feb 16, 2012

Elias_Maluco posted:

My current game is on 1077 and no crusades yet too. Jerusalen currently belongs to the byzantines and Asturias have recovered half of Iberia, the rest of it is still muslim.

Looking at the wiki it seems like the trigger year should be around 1090. This is the second time it's happened to me while doing a King Poland start so i'm starting to think Piast is cursed

Bel Monte
Oct 9, 2012
I just had someone very upset with my arbitrary nature. They noticed I give only a few months sentences to women, while men often get their hands chopped off. I would think the imprisoned woman would prefer I didn't chop off her hands, but no, she was displeased. :psyduck:

I really don't understand why you'd be upset you didn't have your hands chopped off!

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty

Bel Monte posted:

I just had someone very upset with my arbitrary nature. They noticed I give only a few months sentences to women, while men often get their hands chopped off. I would think the imprisoned woman would prefer I didn't chop off her hands, but no, she was displeased. :psyduck:

I really don't understand why you'd be upset you didn't have your hands chopped off!

I mean, maybe they're thinking, "Well if you're going to randomly favour me what if you randomly favour someone else over me next time?"

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Looks like tomorrow at 7 PM CEST (that's 1 PM EST, 10 AM PST for us Yanks) they're doing a livestream of Charlemagne gameplay.

I'll be interested to see what they show off, they're making a big deal about it (by which I mean that their CK2 forum, all its sub-forums, and all threads have a giant banner at the top).

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Help, help! I just got this game and it's crashing on the opening loading window, it gets to "Processing Flags" and then crashes to desktop. What can I do to fix this?

edit: I can't install the C++ runtime libraries that come with the game because I have a newer version installed.

Chamale fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Aug 28, 2014

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

AATREK CURES KIDS posted:

Help, help! I just got this game and it's crashing on the opening loading window, it gets to "Processing Flags" and then crashes to desktop. What can I do to fix this?

edit: I can't install the C++ runtime libraries that come with the game because I have a newer version installed.

Use steam to verify the game files if you have it on there, maybe something downloaded wrong.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Captain Novolin posted:

Use steam to verify the game files if you have it on there, maybe something downloaded wrong.

I did, this got the Sunset DLC to work but not the game. Someone online suggested renaming the Flags folder, the game runs now but without national flags. Eh, close enough.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

AATREK CURES KIDS posted:

I did, this got the Sunset DLC to work but not the game. Someone online suggested renaming the Flags folder, the game runs now but without national flags. Eh, close enough.

Try deleting the folder and re verifying.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Parallax Scroll posted:

Some people just think higher numbers of everything is better.

The more "things" you have the more historically accurate something is.

cosmosisjones
Oct 10, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

This will happen naturally if you beat down the HRE.

Oh I do. Drop the Emperor down to only being able to call on 7,000 men, and my idiot brother won't take any advantage of it. I'm Frisia and I'm being a pain in his rear end. Your the king of France dude, jump on that poo poo. Lazy bum.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Ugh I just want to unify my country, I don't want to have to fight a religious revolt every 3 months drat it :argh:

How can I put my fist down on religion?

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Use your court chaplain to convert them?

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Purge heathens from your realm structure so you vassals will convert too.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
I've been sending my chaplain to proselytize in the provinces that have heresies spring up, but when I have like 4-5 going at a time, it's hard to keep up :(

How would I go about purging heathens? Banishing them? Everyone would hate me for being tyrannical!

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

COOL CORN posted:

I've been sending my chaplain to proselytize in the provinces that have heresies spring up, but when I have like 4-5 going at a time, it's hard to keep up :(

How would I go about purging heathens? Banishing them? Everyone would hate me for being tyrannical!

Not if they are infidels. Just revoke their titles, give then to someone from your faith.

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Due to over clicking the intrigue menu I've seen to have banished my holy order, how do I go about getting them back?

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007

COOL CORN posted:

Which religion do you have and what's your Moral Authority like? Low MA makes heresies pop up more often and makes it harder to proselytize.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
You maybe able to kill two birds with one stone. Grant the heretics independence then holy war them.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Disillusionist posted:

Which religion do you have and what's your Moral Authority like? Low MA makes heresies pop up more often and makes it harder to proselytize.

Catholicism, and I made an Antipope because I was bored. I imagine that has my MA pretty low (I can't check at the moment)

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

I recall hearing that making count vassals in religious hotbed areas helps with conversion because each count sets his own court chaplain to work converting the province. Bonus points if you put characters with great Learning in bishoprics if you have them from Holy Wars so that the counts have great chaplains.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Also, I just got the Maude the Maid event last night for the first time - that was really cool and got a 33-martial Marshal for me :stare:

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007

COOL CORN posted:

Catholicism, and I made an Antipope because I was bored. I imagine that has my MA pretty low (I can't check at the moment)

Yeah, anti-Popes lower MA a ton. It also hurts if your Catholic neighbors are losing Holy Wars and Crusades.

Incidentally this is why Zoroastrians are awesome. I'm the only one of my religion in the game, so I can Holy War anyone (boosting MA), and since I rarely lose my MA is at or near 100 all the time. Zoro holy sites are clumped closely together, and I don't have to worry about other Zoros losing Holy Wars.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

COOL CORN posted:

Also, I just got the Maude the Maid event last night for the first time - that was really cool and got a 33-martial Marshal for me :stare:

Yeah The Maid usually ends up with 30+ martial, it's pretty sweet. Of course your nobles get pissy about a lowborn woman leading the army, but gently caress those guys.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

Charlemagne livestream should be, by my math, starting in 7 minutes:

http://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Stream is now live.

What's up with all the Putin jokes in the twitch chat?

Orv
May 4, 2011

ThaumPenguin posted:

Stream is now live.

What's up with all the Putin jokes in the twitch chat?

I assume it's the new Poland of Paradox forums jokes.

Weather! For all my political map modes.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

Pictland! Also known as proto-Scotland.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
So you can only select 6 characters to play at? :confused:

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

beedeebee posted:

So you can only select 6 characters to play at? :confused:

No, there's a Custom Game Start down below that is the old-style starting screen.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Was Pictavia unified at this point? I wish I hadn't lost my copy of From Caledonia to Pictland.

And Alt Clut isn't Gaelic, it's Welsh! get it right :argh:

EDIT: THEY REMOVED THE ASSASSINATE BUTTON

PANIC

Orv
May 4, 2011
Welp, money for assassinate removed, burn Paradox to the ground.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

Oh, poo poo, :siren:ASSASSINATION BUTTON REMOVED.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

They removed assassinations.

THEY REMOVED ASSASSINATIONS

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

No assassinations! Well gently caress, how will we get rid of rando adventurers now.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
No more assassinate button? Dont know what to think of this one.

EDIT: its going to be a lot harder to deal with adventurers, thats for sure

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

How are we to murder our lovely children now?!

Orv
May 4, 2011

TTBF posted:

How are we to murder our lovely children now?!

Through "game mechanics". Which is to say bribe people to join your plot. They didn't remove assassinations for money, they just made them more expensive. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

You can't form plots to murder your children.

• Locked thread