Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

HatfulOfHollow posted:

I'm looking for some Revolver Blood and Honey. Let's trade some shelf stuff.

I'll throw a few cans into the next box going out to a worthy uhh, have him pass it your way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!

saints gambit posted:

Anyone have any experience shipping beer across the US/Canada border? How does that work?

From what I understand, it's like shipping within the US (pretend it's not beer) except actually illegal instead of just against company policy. Also they will look way more carefully at it since it's international. But I don't understand much so eh.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
PRE-ISO NG R&D Sour Peach.

I KNOW YOU HAVE CONTACTS.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

danbanana posted:

PRE-ISO NG R&D Sour Peach.

I KNOW YOU HAVE CONTACTS.

I thought you lived near Chicago? Drive up for it.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

I thought you lived near Chicago? Drive up for it.

Next weekend will be impossible for me. Again.

Anyway, if anyone is doing GTOTMW and is stopping by NG and can snag a bottle and is realllly nice and...

gently caress it. I'm screwed, aren't I?

ReaperUnreal
Feb 21, 2007
Trogdor is King

saints gambit posted:

Anyone have any experience shipping beer across the US/Canada border? How does that work?

What kruster said, but if you live near enough to the border, you can get an account with places that you can ship to and just pick up before crossing the border. I've got one with Kinek. They seem to have decent prices.

ExtremistCow
Oct 15, 2005

danbanana posted:

Next weekend will be impossible for me. Again.

Anyway, if anyone is doing GTOTMW and is stopping by NG and can snag a bottle and is realllly nice and...

gently caress it. I'm screwed, aren't I?

We're gonna be at NG on Sunday. I'm trying to decide if it's going to be too much of a poo poo-show to even bother.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

ExtremistCow posted:

We're gonna be at NG on Sunday. I'm trying to decide if it's going to be too much of a poo poo-show to even bother.

I heard that VSB wasn't awful last year but after that turned into something Cetacea-like, I'd expect this to be crazier. Word I've heard is 4,500 bottles split over 3 days, 2 per person.

crazyfish
Sep 19, 2002

danbanana posted:

I heard that VSB wasn't awful last year but after that turned into something Cetacea-like, I'd expect this to be crazier. Word I've heard is 4,500 bottles split over 3 days, 2 per person.

This article seems to confirm the words you've heard through the grapevine: http://host.madison.com/entertainme...b59e748f88.html

I would have thought about going up, but I'm going to be off in wilderness that entire weekend.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

danbanana posted:

It's the highest rated American Wild on both RateBeer and Beer Advocate :psyduck:

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

It's the highest rated American Wild on both RateBeer and Beer Advocate :psyduck:

I traded $300 worth of beer for it, there's no way I'm not forcing myself to believe it's anything but 5/5.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
He means awful as in the release wasn't awful to attend.

VSB is really loving amazing, I gave up nothing for it so I can attest that it is probably a top 5 AWA all-time, and I've had most of the contenders.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

He means awful as in the release wasn't awful to attend.

Yes, that's what I meant. From what I heard, it was pretty easy to get even Sunday. But again, the hype after last year's release may make this year's a complete shitshow.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

danbanana posted:

Yes, that's what I meant. From what I heard, it was pretty easy to get even Sunday. But again, the hype after last year's release may make this year's a complete shitshow.

"may"? i'll bet five dollars that there are dozens of people from Chicago camping out for VSB

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Portlanders: ISO a bottle of Upright Special Herbs 2 (Aug 7th release). PM me.

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS
Is anyone sitting on some extra 2013 SN Bigfoot? I'd trade for a 2012 or some other random thing. No rush, but I just moved and realized that I have 2011, 2012, and 2014.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

ChickenArise posted:

Is anyone sitting on some extra 2013 SN Bigfoot? I'd trade for a 2012 or some other random thing. No rush, but I just moved and realized that I have 2011, 2012, and 2014.

Hola. Pm me

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

I just want to say goon trades are the best trades.

dphi, Zam, Jerome Louis, and Daunte Vicknabb are all good dudes.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Any amerigoons after any good Australian craft beer let me know, I'm based in Australia and looking specifically for some heavier beers that will age for a while. Preferably Firestone walker, cigar city, Adam, basically anything that I can sit on until next winter. Sours too. I understand there will be a reasonably high shipping cost but I'm willing to cover it if I can get some decent stuff.

Not sure what's available where or which breweries have distribution where so yeah. If you can get any of the more popular/higher rated breweries I would be forever grateful. Also iso heady/Pliny for a side by side test against my own brewed clones.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

ISO: Crooked Stave cellar reserve member not interested/able to go to WTF at GABF. Would like your assistance in getting presale tickets! CS sent an email saying CR members can buy them at 10 PM this Thursday.

FT: I'll pay you back for the cost of tickets of course, plus bring you some cool bottles from Texas as thank you.

Honestly it would be awesome if some kind goon offered to help out, and we could just have a badass bottle share :)

e: this is taken care of!

air- fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Aug 13, 2014

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!
Good day, I am desperately in search of Central Waters BB Barleywine despite the fact that it'll be back in season in a couple months and only a couple hours from where I live. I need it, you see. If anyone has a couple or more packs of it laying around I would be happy to take them off your hands and also make it worth your while with some of these excess Black Notes/Bleak Nuts and KBSes I have laying around. I'm new to the trading game and I know this is sort of a ridiculous trade but I'm jonesing bad, real bad. Yeah look at these barleywines man. If you or another person have Kuhnhenn BB4D and/or regular 4D, I would be interested in bargaining for some of that as well. Supplies are limited, so act now and save!

Edit: I should note that I got my barleywine hookup courtesy of broom, however if somebody happens to see this later on and has the BB4D I'm still looking for that.

krustster fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Aug 28, 2014

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

ISO Cascade Blackcap Raspberry

Get at me, yo.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Just in case I get an answer over here (you never know!), I'm trying to do a face to face trade this weekend.

Will attempt to go to Jester King Friday (depending on traffic) night or I could meet at the Whip-In.
Otherwise, Saturday morning I am definitely at Freetail, then at Jester King right when they open.

ISO: Specifically seeking Detritivore and Snorkel. Would be nice to get Temp, and in general, I'm interested in sours/saisons, there is a lot out there I need to try. Anyone out there with R&D Wild Peach eh eh eh? (lmao)

Just PM me and we can talk it over more, and I certainly have other stuff I can trade beyond this list.

FT:
2010-2013 Abyss vertical - have multiples of 2010 I can trade as well
Crooked Stave Origins b2
Crooked Stave L'Brett d'or
Weyerbacher Riserva
The Bruery Tart of Darkness
3F Golden Blend
Vintage La Muerta
Funky Buddha MBCP
Revolution Straight Jacket
Night Shift Ever Weisse

jbusbysack
Sep 6, 2002
i heart syd
Anyone going to Chicago's Festival of Barrel Aged Beers in November?

air-
Sep 24, 2007

jbusbysack posted:

Anyone going to Chicago's Festival of Barrel Aged Beers in November?

Check the last couple pages of the main beer thread...

jbusbysack
Sep 6, 2002
i heart syd

air- posted:

Check the last couple pages of the main beer thread...

Love it. I'm going to Session 2 as well. Will coordinate in that thread, and try to smuggle my firm's barrel aged stout into the event as well.

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!

air- posted:

Just in case I get an answer over here (you never know!), I'm trying to do a face to face trade this weekend.

Will attempt to go to Jester King Friday (depending on traffic) night or I could meet at the Whip-In.
Otherwise, Saturday morning I am definitely at Freetail, then at Jester King right when they open.

ISO: Specifically seeking Detritivore and Snorkel. Would be nice to get Temp, and in general, I'm interested in sours/saisons, there is a lot out there I need to try. Anyone out there with R&D Wild Peach eh eh eh? (lmao)

Just PM me and we can talk it over more, and I certainly have other stuff I can trade beyond this list.

FT:
2010-2013 Abyss vertical - have multiples of 2010 I can trade as well
Crooked Stave Origins b2
Crooked Stave L'Brett d'or
Weyerbacher Riserva
The Bruery Tart of Darkness
3F Golden Blend
Vintage La Muerta
Funky Buddha MBCP
Revolution Straight Jacket
Night Shift Ever Weisse

Anything you miss from VA?

air-
Sep 24, 2007

I was gonna cut off trades for a bit, but I can't resist this.

FT: Jester King Peach Sour Fen Tau (pre)

ISO:
de Garde The Lily (1:1)
R&D Peach (1:2)

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

air- posted:

I was gonna cut off trades for a bit, but I can't resist this.

FT: Jester King Peach Sour Fen Tau (pre)

ISO:
de Garde The Lily (1:1)
R&D Peach (1:2)

I just happened to be perusing The Forbidden Site and noticed this thread right I saw after your post:

http://www.beeradvocate.com/community/threads/ft-ng-peach-iso-jk-fen-tau-peach.206717/

air-
Sep 24, 2007

krustster posted:

I just happened to be perusing The Forbidden Site and noticed this thread right I saw after your post:

http://www.beeradvocate.com/community/threads/ft-ng-peach-iso-jk-fen-tau-peach.206717/

After the world of poo poo that happened in TB (and not surprised at it btw), I'll probably end up sharing the loving bottle with some cool folks :yayclod: Just holding out for trying The Lily someday...

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

air- posted:

After the world of poo poo that happened in TB (and not surprised at it btw), I'll probably end up sharing the loving bottle with some cool folks :yayclod: Just holding out for trying The Lily someday...

I don't know why I even browse their ISO:FT anymore. Assholes abound.

E: N/M. Stuff like this is why I do it:

That person may be dead right now.

Double E: I like how the first thing I notice on a BT bottle is "Contains Alcohol." Truer words...

danbanana fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Aug 28, 2014

crazyfish
Sep 19, 2002

On the rare occasions that I trade now (and only in-person), I find it's a lot easier to get deals done on lower-tier bottles using BA. I throw up FT: chocolate rain and get tons of replies. TalkBeer tends to have a more "seasoned" crowd so stuff like that doesn't move nearly as easily there.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Anyone have Bell's Mars sitting on shelves in their area, or an extra bottle or two from your own purchase? My fiancee was in marching band when she was still a student, and she badly wants to get the whole series as it comes out. I can trade plenty of local NJ/PA/CT stuff!

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Podima posted:

Anyone have Bell's Mars sitting on shelves in their area, or an extra bottle or two from your own purchase? My fiancee was in marching band when she was still a student, and she badly wants to get the whole series as it comes out. I can trade plenty of local NJ/PA/CT stuff!

..what does a series of beer named after planets have to do with marching band?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

a worthy uhh posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Planets

http://bellsbeer.com/blog/265-bell___s_planet_series__inspired_by_music_of_gustav_holst__will_debut_in_august

tl;dr she hated playing this back in the day, and wants the bottles on a shelf so she can glare angrily at them and drink them in vengeance, or something. I dunno, I'm just the messenger!

air-
Sep 24, 2007

a worthy uhh posted:

Bell's named the series after Holst's Planets Suite:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Planets

e;fb

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Ah, neat!

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Podima posted:

I will look around tomorrow and see if there are any actual six packs still around here. Failing that, I do have 3 individual bottles sitting around so if you don't find anybody I can hook you up in the "bottle or two" department (if you literally just want 1-2 of them). Let me know! Also, I'll let you know.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

krustster posted:

I will look around tomorrow and see if there are any actual six packs still around here. Failing that, I do have 3 individual bottles sitting around so if you don't find anybody I can hook you up in the "bottle or two" department (if you literally just want 1-2 of them). Let me know! Also, I'll let you know.

Even just a couple of bottles would do if you can't find any packs - thanks dude! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

broom
Aug 29, 2005
ISO: Fruited Sour in the Rye

Not really sure how available these were or what they are worth, but if you have a kumquat, peach (or coconut? were there others?) lets talk.

FT: CW16, Straight Jacket? , I can do just about any New Glarus (Cran-Bic comes out next week) or Toppling Goliath IPAs, if none of that interests you though message me.

• Locked thread