Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Iacen posted:

Say, if anyone is drowning in Legendary things in Diablo III, feel free to send them to me.

God, this game is entertaining. I'm playing in hard, and stuff has started exploding when I as much as sneeze in their general direction. That's everything I want from a game, really.

I was surprised at how quickly I had to jump up to Expert difficulty--or, rather, how quickly I felt comfortable going up to Expert difficulty. And as a result my Wizard is leveling so quickly and it's awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShiroTheSniper
Mar 19, 2009

I see dead arrows.
Lipstick Apathy

Harrow posted:

I was surprised at how quickly I had to jump up to Expert difficulty--or, rather, how quickly I felt comfortable going up to Expert difficulty. And as a result my Wizard is leveling so quickly and it's awesome.

Yeah same here. Never really played Diablo 3 before. I'm on Act V and just went Torment I. Wizard too. That mana pool drains alot. Dunno if I want to go Torment II before Adventure mode...

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

SSX is easily one of my favorite series. OlliOlli looks a little like 2d SSX. Does it play that way, because if so I'm in.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

PS4 Destiny Bundle with PSGold Wireless Headset & DualShock 4 Wireless Controller $518.50 - http://slickdeals.net/share/iphone_app/t/7165286

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

They look to come up too high and the nubs themselves look swollen. That's just my personal preference tho. I like the slimmer and low profile of the regular nubs.

I'm in this boat too. I modded one of my controllers w/ XBone sticks, and I feel like I'm playing with poles lined with sandpaper. The control is nice, but I think I'm probably going to swap 'em back.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Happy Hedonist posted:

SSX is easily one of my favorite series. OlliOlli looks a little like 2d SSX. Does it play that way, because if so I'm in.

I'd say not really. When you look at Olli Olli you think. Ooh, it looks like canabalt with tricks! How fun. It's actually quite challenging though. You have to press X to land, and if your timing is bad or you forget, it's a sloppy landing (or worse) which can kill your speed or leave you unable to jump out of an obstacle's way in time and fudge the level. Every movement (jump, trick, land, grind, type of grind, spin, etc) is a button press so it becomes this quick-fire barrage of "Left Stick windup, twist, X at the right time, kick, kick, left stick windup, twist, downtick, stick left+R1 for a grind, left stick windup, jump off railing, press X at right time to perfect land," etc...

It's fun, but it can get a little technical. :)

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I keep getting the NP-36147-1 error when I try to play Diablo. I know maintenance got rescheduled for today, but I thought the gimmick was that as long as you've logged in in the last 5 days, you could still play games?

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I think it is if you are logged in at the start of the maintenance, you wont get kicked off.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Feenix posted:

I'd say not really. When you look at Olli Olli you think. Ooh, it looks like canabalt with tricks! How fun. It's actually quite challenging though. You have to press X to land, and if your timing is bad or you forget, it's a sloppy landing (or worse) which can kill your speed or leave you unable to jump out of an obstacle's way in time and fudge the level. Every movement (jump, trick, land, grind, type of grind, spin, etc) is a button press so it becomes this quick-fire barrage of "Left Stick windup, twist, X at the right time, kick, kick, left stick windup, twist, downtick, stick left+R1 for a grind, left stick windup, jump off railing, press X at right time to perfect land," etc...

It's fun, but it can get a little technical. :)

Actually that sounds exactly like ssx to me. Trying to to get plat tier in the most recent ssx took a ton of technical skill.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

PantsBandit posted:

Actually that sounds exactly like ssx to me. Trying to to get plat tier in the most recent ssx took a ton of technical skill.

I guess so. However SSX at it's base was a much chiller, easier game. You just couldn't top the leaderboard that way. With Olli Olli, you can't go 10 feet without getting this technical rhythm down. :)

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Feenix posted:

I guess so. However SSX at it's base was a much chiller, easier game. You just couldn't top the leaderboard that way. With Olli Olli, you can't go 10 feet without getting this technical rhythm down. :)

Yeah I see what you mean. The technical stuff and trying to get the best scores possible is what I really loved about SSX though so that sounds like an endorsement to me!

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

PantsBandit posted:

Yeah I see what you mean. The technical stuff and trying to get the best scores possible is what I really loved about SSX though so that sounds like an endorsement to me!

That's what I like about SSX as well so I'm going to give it a shot. It's only $10, screw it. Thanks for the input gentlemen.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

PantsBandit posted:

Oh do not get me wrong. I was not slighting the game (Olli Olli). I loving love it. It's punishing, but in that good way where you just try once more... once more... once more. (Instant reload is a god-send.)

I will say it was hard with my big hands on Vita. But playing on DS4 has been amazing.

Highly endorsed. Just know what you're getting into. :)

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
Just curious, does anyone know if the PS4 acts weird about trophies if you're offline? E.G., on 360, any achievements that popped while you were offline wouldn't get a time stamp. Since the PS4 still has to sync anyway I wasn't sure if it had any issues like that.

Jman85
Nov 3, 2012
My brother just got a ps4 we were planning on putting our profiles on each other consoles and share the games we buy can we do that ? I know ps3 had a limit of 3 systems I think also can I disable it later in case systems break or we buy new ones ?

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Jman85 posted:

My brother just got a ps4 we were planning on putting our profiles on each other consoles and share the games we buy can we do that ? I know ps3 had a limit of 3 systems I think also can I disable it later in case systems break or we buy new ones ?

Yes, but his console has to be your primary, and your console has to be his primary.

To access your games on your console, you need to be online. He needs to be online to access his games on his console. But since your console is his primary, you can access his games at all times, and vice versa.

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP

abagofcheetos posted:

Yes, but his console has to be your primary, and your console has to be his primary.

To access your games on your console, you need to be online. He needs to be online to access his games on his console. But since your console is his primary, you can access his games at all times, and vice versa.

Worth mentioning that this will mess up some things like vita remote play and a few others.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, definitely do some research, I haven't done it myself personally but plan on making use of it in the future.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/10/28/sony-explains-how-digital-game-sharing-works-on-the-ps4-primary-system-benefits-detailed/

This link sums up console/game sharing and the features you lose if you're console isn't set to primary

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Another PS4 deal

Buy a PS4 and Madden 15 at Gamestop and get a free $20 PSN card. Great if you were planning to buy both together I guess.

Manac0r
Oct 25, 2010

"Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most..."
How is Madden 15? I don't follow football. I always enjoy the idea and strategy behind it. It's not that big over here in the UK. The last Madden I played was on the Genisis (Megadrive). Does the tutorial actually explain the rules of American football?

Manac0r fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Aug 28, 2014

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
Volition is going to announce/show off their new game Friday at PAX.

Please be next-gen Saint's Row...

revolther
May 27, 2008
Please be a garbage pile. Next gen saints row, the whole goddamn series is based on the concept of being cheap enough to render on last gen hardware and mistakable to an idiot as a quality game.

Red Faction, maybe?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Please be a Red Faction Guerilla HD remake :getin:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

timeandtide posted:

Next gen consoles are probably another 4-5 years away from even getting released, let alone getting a Saint's Row game. :v:

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

haveblue posted:

Probably not going to be this considering that both Red Faction Guerilla and Armageddon both bombed.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/volition-latest-red-faction-games-fell-short/1100-6406898/

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

revolther posted:

Please be a garbage pile. Next gen saints row, the whole goddamn series is based on the concept of being cheap enough to render on last gen hardware and mistakable to an idiot as a quality game.

Red Faction, maybe?

What are you even trying to say here? Because if you're trying to say Saints Row is a bad series than please go straight to hell :colbert:

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
Red Faction's IP got sold off to a different company, so Volition can't do anything with it anymore sadly.

I would love a new Saints Row, but would also love a new IP from them.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

haveblue posted:

I thought Volition didnt have the Red Faction IP rights? Someone told me that they went somewhere else in the massive THQ fire sale.

Edit: This guy ^ knows the score.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Oh, I know it won't happen for many reasons, I'm just saying I'd buy it.

revolther
May 27, 2008

PantsBandit posted:

What are you even trying to say here? Because if you're trying to say Saints Row is a bad series than please go straight to hell :colbert:
There's a tribe of tasteless apes somewhere, in one of those states that nobody cares about, and they want you as a leader. Go, quickly.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

revolther posted:

There's a tribe of tasteless apes somewhere, in one of those states that nobody cares about, and they want you as a leader. Go, quickly.

You seem like you could use a dildo-bat to the face.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I actually really liked Saints Row 2. I thought it was a really solid game with a surprisingly decent story with a lot of stuff to do. I didn't really care too much for part 3 and 4.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***

revolther posted:

You sure do love that word.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

blackguy32 posted:

I actually really liked Saints Row 2. I thought it was a really solid game with a surprisingly decent story with a lot of stuff to do. I didn't really care too much for part 3 and 4.

2 was probably the best "game" of the series, but 3 and 4 are amazing for coop sandbox mayhem.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Saints Row is fun if you like video games, and you probably are a sexhaver.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

timeandtide posted:

Freespace 3.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
So what we really need is a PS4 HD Ride to Hell Retribution 1%

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Red Faction Armageddon 2 :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

blackguy32 posted:

How does it feel to be dead inside. :colbert:

Regardless, I do hope it's Saints Row game.

Didn't they pull a switcheroo at E3, where it was all purple and it ends up being Dead Island 2?

• Locked thread