Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

sword_man.gif posted:

what the gently caress does that even mean

woman wants back crown, meet people not have crown, realize bad thing person with crown does. No want any crown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Paladinus posted:

Because it ~*subverts*~ hurtful tropes. Subversion is the best thing ever. Imagine a super hero comic, where the hero is not that good and even to some extent is the opposite of a hero. Isn't that cool?

Please no, you can't make me go back to 90's comics, YOU WON'T MAKE ME.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Bolow posted:

wait why would you as a deposed princess seek out those who deposed you so you can ultimately have no power. :psyduck:

I think the ellipses were meant to illustrate this exact point

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
This thread started off as the good kind of dumb but is now the bad kind of dumb

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

This thread started off as the good kind of dumb but is now the bad kind of dumb

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Make a beat em up with Joan of Arc only not historically correct and at the end she becomes the first (recognized) female pope. Also, make her have a big loving sword like the dude in Berserk.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Spanish Manlove posted:

please for the love of god don't go full gender relationships in videogames mode here

wasn't planning on it

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

HAHAHAHAHAA Nice Mog House, nub.

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

I want to apologise to Zoe and Anita. I was angry that you got paid ridiculously large ammounts of cash for very little apparent work/effort. But then I saw patreon pays this guy $5.2k a month to make lovely minecraft LPs that he puts on youtu8be and also gets youtube money for.

http://www.patreon.com/kurtjmac

gently caress me just check out the gaming section multiple people paid several thousand dollars a month for equally low effort poo poo.

http://www.patreon.com/discover?cat=8

Anal Papist fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Aug 28, 2014

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

This thread gave me PTSD

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Lodin posted:

Make a beat em up with Joan of Arc only not historically correct and at the end she becomes the first (recognized) female pope. Also, make her have a big loving sword like the dude in Berserk.

You mean Bladestorm: The Hundred Years' War?

E: And some historical trivia. St. Joan never actually fought alongside soldiers she inspired.

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Aug 28, 2014

Cycloneman
Feb 1, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT
SISTER FUCKING
Found it. Watch if you don't believe me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZKtFfHIGrA

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Brannock posted:

there's no chance the games industry "crashes" in any appreciable manner compared to previous crashes. the audience is growing and people are becoming more and more engaged with it. what's happening is the AAA blockbuster games are getting way too expensive compared to their return (and sometimes even despite the return) you get on them so you're seeing fewer of those and the failures tend to completely sink studio

Oh yeah. Though, AAA games aren't going to "die" anytime soon, the years of having to upadate your PC every year to run them and sequels taking five years to make is at an end.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Paladinus posted:

You mean Bladestorm: The Hundred Years' War?
Does she get to be Pope or King at the end. That is important for my kokoro wish.

Hayburner
Jan 29, 2005

hi
fund my new project where i do a fart and smell it

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Lodin posted:

Does she get to be Pope or King at the end. That is important for my kokoro wish.

I think this is a DLC for one of the Assassin's Creed games.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Cycloneman posted:

Found it. Watch if you don't believe me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZKtFfHIGrA

The fact that Anita thinks modern video games are CD ROM adventure games from 1990 and that a female game character wearing armor is a thing that has yet to happen more or less sums up the entirety of my qualms with her

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Also just throwing it out there that the plot outlined in that video is literally the exact play-by-play of what Princess Zelda did in Ocarina of Time, right down to disguising herself like a male ninja in order to infiltrate her own castle

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Paladinus posted:

I can't believe they made a game where you bare-knuckle box Pope Alexander VI

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Arian_Samurai posted:

I can't believe they made a game where you bare-knuckle box Pope Alexander VI

you could also throw him tot he ground and stomp on him

Biggie Shorty
Oct 8, 2008

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

We're kind of just treading water until PAX because there's a chance someone might do something stupid.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

Hayburner posted:

fund my new project where i do a fart and smell it

Already funeded and made, bitch.

https://twitter.com/davidsgallant

:twisted:

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

Anita break from this thread I'm gonna go out and get some Five Guys for lunch.

get extra mayo

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
This problematic thread is starting to trigger me.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Biggie Shorty posted:

We're kind of just treading water until PAX because there's a chance someone might do something stupid.

over/under on somebody throwing a hamburger at zoe

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I really want to see the people who make Game Dev Story to please make a game about this.

"Want to buy a Lunch Ticket for $100? Using it will give you a week of positive tweets from an industry insider!"
"We noticed our game reviews have low views. You should try increasing 'controversial topics' content."

Dec 26, 2012

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

please put this thread out of its misery

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

redreader posted:

This problematic thread is starting to trigger me.

cool joke bro

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Lobster Harmonica posted:

The fact that Anita thinks modern video games are CD ROM adventure games from 1990 and that a female game character wearing armor is a thing that has yet to happen more or less sums up the entirety of my qualms with her
gently caress, Anita made that trailer? I want to play that game unironically. I guess she has a small bit of talent for something.

Paladinus posted:

Wait, do you actually take over the crown from King George Washington at the end?

Hayburner
Jan 29, 2005

hi

:gasp:

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Lodin posted:

gently caress, Anita made that trailer? I want to play that game unironically. I guess she has a small bit of talent for something.

She wrote it apparently

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Looks like the pure archetypical lost prince returns story but with a princess :geno:

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
Take a guess.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

My stabbing ours

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

01011001 posted:

please put this thread out of its misery

no way
nice try zoe

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005

What the hell is it talking about? I don't want to gender it because that might offend it. They just need some gay starfish shifter erotica off amazon to take their edge off.

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

Mandarrrrrk! Bring me the head of Dexter and Dee Dee shall forever be yours!

:holymoley:

PAX really needs to start early. Can't wait to see what kind of hilarious slapfights ensue at the giant nerd convention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004
i think it is prejudicial to say all gamers are short, fat and like mountain dew and doritios. some of us are short, fat and like coke zero and hot pockets

check your privilege gbs thread

• Locked thread