Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
That is a really nice rifle. Exploding on death is a great little perk on that gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Wulfling posted:

That is a really nice rifle. Exploding on death is a great little perk on that gun.

It is and it feels like proper snipers rifle. The charge rifle has you trying to coordinate a finished charge with a good setup for a shot and if you zoom or exit the zoom then the charge resets.

In a hectic fight it feels like trying to put together a ship in a bottle while riding a unicycle.

I did like the Raptors abilities more though.

The night hawks "+20% fire rate for 5 seconds) or however long the bonus is. Is of no use to me so far. I'll miss the artillery strike too.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice
I tried nighthawk, but found sniping to be just generally unfun with the erratic, jerky movements of the mobs. It could be great for awhile, and I could have long strings of frustration. This far I'm pretty much sticking with the dread frames, and somewhat enjoying Recluse just because covering a huge area in a toxic fog is amusing to me. Even if it does lack some spike in its damage, its primary fire is decent enough if something gets right up in your face. These events have given my fledgling Recluse plenty to gas. I feel like PETA at times, with the hundreds and hundreds of wargrims that spawn at some of them though.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Zephyrine posted:

I'll miss the artillery strike too.

You can actually use that on any recon frame, because it's a base recon ability and advanced frames can use any basic frame ability. The raptor hkm makes your charge rifle an aoe beast instead, and is miles better than the basic recon HKM. Because you can use powerfield with it.

Like all dreads can use turret mode, all recons can use decoy and sin thingy, all assaults can use afterburners, etc.

Wulfling posted:

because covering a huge area in a toxic fog is amusing to me

:getin:

Though I must say, Nighthawk is a guilty pleasure for me. I can't snipe that good, but it still feels fun.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Wulfling posted:

I tried nighthawk, but found sniping to be just generally unfun with the erratic, jerky movements of the mobs. It could be great for awhile, and I could have long strings of frustration. This far I'm pretty much sticking with the dread frames, and somewhat enjoying Recluse just because covering a huge area in a toxic fog is amusing to me. Even if it does lack some spike in its damage, its primary fire is decent enough if something gets right up in your face. These events have given my fledgling Recluse plenty to gas. I feel like PETA at times, with the hundreds and hundreds of wargrims that spawn at some of them though.

Sniping has its ups and downs. With some of these massive fights it feels pretty insignificant to be able to shot one enemy here and there. What I do is find a perch and then I use the grenade launcher to apply moderate AOE damage across the field and then I switch to the rifle to clean up the flying long range enemies. Those can be really dangerous when they become too many as their attacks become near impossible to dodge when you have 15 of them shooting at their own pace.

Hopefully there will be more AOE abilities and support abilities that even it out.

The raptor had a nice one were you fired a small beacon at an area and all enemies in the vicinity showed up on the SIN HUD as icons and they all received 20% more damage from all sources.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Musluk posted:

You can actually use that on any recon frame, because it's a base recon ability and advanced frames can use any basic frame ability. The raptor hkm makes your charge rifle an aoe beast instead, and is miles better than the basic recon HKM. Because you can use powerfield with it.

That's great news. The Nighthawks first HKM was pretty unimpressive but I do look forward to getting back the artillery strike.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
My Nighthawk build for maximum explosions and AOE:

Resonating Bolts (Level 15 I think)
Satchel Charge
Decoy (because Decoy is great)
Eruption Rounds

Use the R36 for most stuff, obliterate everything.

Edit: Graphically the NH KHM sucks rear end now, it used to be little nuclear mushroom clouds everywhere you shot. Now it'd hard to tell it's even active. That said, it's leaps and bounds better damage than the Arty.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Zephyrine posted:

Sniping has its ups and downs. With some of these massive fights it feels pretty insignificant to be able to shot one enemy here and there. What I do is find a perch and then I use the grenade launcher to apply moderate AOE damage across the field and then I switch to the rifle to clean up the flying long range enemies. Those can be really dangerous when they become too many as their attacks become near impossible to dodge when you have 15 of them shooting at their own pace.

Hopefully there will be more AOE abilities and support abilities that even it out.

The raptor had a nice one were you fired a small beacon at an area and all enemies in the vicinity showed up on the SIN HUD as icons and they all received 20% more damage from all sources.

That is SIN Beacon which is a base Recon Ability, you may be thinking of SIN Scrambler, it lights up a single target on SIN and makes it taunt surrounding enemies.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
I'm in the middle of fights with the NH at all times. It is spectacular for run-and-gun if you can get the quickscoping down. Buimd for run speed, headshots and melee (if you have a raptor over 30 and a dread over 20). Run through the fight quickscoping and meleeing, if you can kill quick enough the health regen from the level 1 recon perk, plus your movement speed and ability to dodge large projectiles will keep you near full health. I never perch, it feels very boring and less effective than being in the middle of everything.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
Quick hotfix notes, fyi about stimulants.

quote:

•Players can no longer buy an Experimental Stimulant if they already have one in their inventory.◦Known Issue: Players who spam the purchase button for stimulants will be able to buy more than one stimulant. This is not beneficial to the player as using a stimulant when you have more than one will consume the entire stack and only give the reward once.

•Omnidyne-M vouchers received from the Hazardous Research event are now affected by reputation boosts.
•Fixed an issue that was preventing players from completing 'Get Your rear end to Dredge'.
•Spiny armor cores now reflect 10% damage as originally intended and are purchasable once again from the PvP vendor.
•Reduced the amount of Powered Dark Crystite Cores required for the final repulsor project to 100,000.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Trying to snipe is just retarded in this game, you're not helping yourself, you're not helping your team, you're just some rear end in a top hat standing back half a kilometer taking shots at critters you could two shot with an SMG. You might get shafted on loot, you might get shafted on mission credit and rightfully so. I can count the encounters where a sniper rifle isn't a detriment on one hand. Don't be that guy, don't be the 1337 sn1p4r jerk, pick up a loving R36, a gun that's great at any range and get in people's faces, never stop moving, actually support your team and get poo poo done. The Recon frames can capture things without anybody noticing or push insane DPS at close range and people should take advantage of that but they only see the huge numbers on sniper rifles when they hit once in a blue moon.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Morglon posted:

Trying to snipe is just retarded in this game, you're not helping yourself, you're not helping your team, you're just some rear end in a top hat standing back half a kilometer taking shots at critters you could two shot with an SMG. You might get shafted on loot, you might get shafted on mission credit and rightfully so. I can count the encounters where a sniper rifle isn't a detriment on one hand. Don't be that guy, don't be the 1337 sn1p4r jerk, pick up a loving R36, a gun that's great at any range and get in people's faces, never stop moving, actually support your team and get poo poo done. The Recon frames can capture things without anybody noticing or push insane DPS at close range and people should take advantage of that but they only see the huge numbers on sniper rifles when they hit once in a blue moon.

It's fun so who cares?

I'm sure there's some optimal setup where the entire team consists of high damage Dreads that just sweep the field of all life as a Dragonfly supports them from behind. But as I salute the efforts of my slow-and-steady Dreadnaught brethren. I wouldn't want to be one of them.

I prefer to kill off high value targets and dart around the battlefield. Activating objectives and pulling up team members under cover of smoke bombs.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Aug 28, 2014

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Zephyrine posted:

It's fun so who cares?

I'm sure there's some optimal setup where the entire team consists of high damage Dreads that just sweep the field of all life as a Dragonfly supports them from behind. But as I salute the efforts of my slow-and-steady Dreadnaught brethren. I wouldn't want to be one of them.

I prefer to kill off high value targets and dart around the battlefield. Activating objectives and pulling up team members under cover of smoke bombs.

You seemed to on this very page

Ryebed
May 31, 2002

You seem well,
~*GENJI*~

I did "Tip of the Spear" earlier today and holy poo poo that's a dumb quest. Why the hell can't you break your "camouflage" once you're discovered? It seems silly to stay in your camouflage plinking away at bandits. It feels like someone copy/pasted a camouflage quest from WoW but forgot the part that makes those quests fun is the shitloads of damage you do while morphed.

Here's to hoping I can hit 25 and get that sweet, sweet LGV. As much as I love jetpacking around, I'm done running and finding creative ways and places to use gliders.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Ryebed posted:

I did "Tip of the Spear" earlier today and holy poo poo that's a dumb quest. Why the hell can't you break your "camouflage" once you're discovered? It seems silly to stay in your camouflage plinking away at bandits. It feels like someone copy/pasted a camouflage quest from WoW but forgot the part that makes those quests fun is the shitloads of damage you do while morphed.

Here's to hoping I can hit 25 and get that sweet, sweet LGV. As much as I love jetpacking around, I'm done running and finding creative ways and places to use gliders.
You only need to be level 21 to get the bike. Get a friend who is level 25 who hasn't done the quest before. Squad up and get them to accept the quest. I know of at least two people in GOONS who can help you with this.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
So we killed Kanaloa earlier and they upped the loot, we got three Engineer primaries, one purple, two blue, two blue modules and some ability I don't remember and I just had to find out if they did the same for BWA loot. Either I'm insanely "lucky" or they've upped drops to where you at least get a blue level 40 necro weapon which might just make it worth farming again if you can get a group and hammer it out in 20 minutes or so. It's still not amazing but even remotely decent endgame blues can run at a couple thousand credits.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Is HCBWA even capable of dropping the pre-nerf epics?
So far as I've heard, the loot table was changed to include poo poo like green modules at the worst, and now apparently blue necro guns?
Are the epics still available? Is it a matter of grinding for a week to see one drop?
R5 really poo poo the bed on that instance being anything approaching a viable endgame activity. Yes it is farmable, but the weapons are already bind on pickup, and if someone has the dedication to solo that then I say let them. Hell, I wouldn't even mind if they brought back more-regular epic drops, and added something like a 1 day lockout for Necro kills.

RocketSurgeon
Mar 2, 2008
You can get epics from BWA hc but due to the fact that you can also get greens (and only 1 drop per bosskill) its pretty pointless trying to farm anything in there.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Morglon posted:

Is this a bad-night-in-bp post?

Ed: also the problem with snipers isn't that they sit a mile away, it's that they suffer no accuracy penalty for moving, so a skilled NH can one shot hip fire things into oblivion.

xxEightxx fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Aug 28, 2014

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

xxEightxx posted:

Seemed kind of personal to me.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

xxEightxx posted:

Ed: also the problem with snipers isn't that they sit a mile away, it's that they suffer no accuracy penalty for moving, so a skilled NH can one shot hip fire things into oblivion.

Well yes it's both those things actually but one of those is an active detriment and the other is amazingly overpowered. If you're having fun sniping fine, can't argue with that, you're making the game harder for yourself unless you're an amazing shot but not my problem, do whatever. And even if you're an amazing shot the sniper rifle ain't really gonna do you much good in close quarters unless you aimbot or are aimbot good, it just doesn't have the ammo capacity for sustained fire and you probably want to do head shots. That kind of leaves you with a choice for secondary, get a decent rifle for mid range combat or something with AoE leaving you with one thing you're not good at.

Now granted you don't have to be good at everything but now put an R36 on that same Nighthawk or Raptor and suddenly you have an amazing weapon you can use at any range while actually having the option of doing damage and supporting while being where your team is, dropping your power field where it helps everybody not just yourself a mile away, dropping a smoke bomb on somebody being shot at a lot or helping them up while being completely invisible.

Again, can't argue with the fun part and not gonna care how effective you are doing open world stuff but it's kind of like taking an Engineer to do Kanaloa. You're not gonna be any help, nobody will take you and you'll spend the entire fight with your dick in your hands, maybe doing a little damage if you thought of bringing an assault rifle but you'll still spend most of the fight with your toys not working and your dick in your hands. Not even I bring my Bastion to that fight and I loving love my Bastion. There is a difference between minmaxing and getting every last thing out of an encounter you can and just plain being as much use as an empty spot.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

xxEightxx posted:

Unfortunately hipfiring the sniper rifle is not a viable option, as it is one of the only weapons in the game that suffers from a massive accuracy penalty when you aren't scoped in. It used to fire from the hip with impunity, but that has long since been altered.

That said - you CAN scope in and then enjoy perfect accuracy while running around - albeit at rather drastically reduced range of vision.

Nighthawk and recon in general, as they stand, excel at finishing targets in PVP, and in killing medium-size enemies in PVE. Things like Chosen and Firecats (the animal), Hissers, Bandits - can all be killed with relative impunity, usually in one shot by a well-geared Recon. This allows them to focus on clearing out these mobs (most of which are ranged), while your teammates kill the clustering little guys, and gang up on the really big ones.

The R36 is rather excellent though, and allows the recons to engage targets of all ranges and sizes, albeit while suffering a great amount of their advantage on the PVP side being traded away for ease of use.

Masochist that I am, Nighthawk was my first and only frame levelled fully with the old paid-tier system, and I've suffered long with trying to land headshots on erratic enemies. PVP in Broken Penis does allow for some lovely shenanigans, and as stated, stealth skills are excellent for party-support roles. A lone Recon is asking to be murdered by anything more than one person. Certainly they have their place, though I think more than any other class their positioning and choice of engagement makes or breaks combat entirely. They are fragile, and lack any rapid repositioning skills (i.e. afterburner, emergency response) to make up for being caught off guard or overwhelmed by enemies.

Yes, there are stealth options, but these work best before the Recon has been properly engaged, at which point they are really more of a failsafe-to-retreat, especially so the Decoy. The cooldown on it is prohibitively long, and there are a wealth of skills and weapons that break stealth entirely - the Toxic event launcher being the most prominent now. Not to mention that certain paints/cores, and even SPRINTING will make your Recon visible by way of lights and particle effects.

The key difference there is that other classes have 'mobility' buttons which allow them to adapt to changes in combat, or even to grand advantages in positioning, where the recon stealth abilities serve almost entirely in a 'oh-poo poo gtfo' role to help them survive (sometimes) and perhaps re-engage from a better placement.

Ibanez Murderface
Mar 7, 2005

#!/bin/bash

Ryebed posted:

Each part for the LGV takes 20 minutes to craft, and the LGV itself takes 2 hours. The parts themselves can each be purchased from the market, though. Enjoy!

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

DarkDobe posted:

Unfortunately hipfiring the sniper rifle is not a viable option, as it is one of the only weapons in the game that suffers from a massive accuracy penalty when you aren't scoped in. It used to fire from the hip with impunity, but that has long since been altered.

I don't know if i'm getting hit with aimbots then but I have been utterly annihilated in BP by hip firing NH that are just hopping around and drat near one shotting me.

JonusRockweller
Jul 3, 2013

xxEightxx posted:

I don't know if i'm getting hit with aimbots then but I have been utterly annihilated in BP by hip firing NH that are just hopping around and drat near one shotting me.

If you can gather a hint of when/where it'll happen I guess F9 could help debunk your mystery.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

xxEightxx posted:

They are probably sighted in and just running around that way?

In regards to damage:
My NH is sitting at around 800 PR and does not come close to doing the 30-odd thousand damage that it would take to one-shot an equally geared enemy
Headshots, at best, do 22K or thereabouts on my frame, so the top-end would be about 25.
Most frames have 30+ thousand HP at level 40 with 40 gear and decent PR.

At best, Nighthawks hope for a headshot to open a fight, and then a body shot to finish the job.
Body shots do around 9-15K in my experience. This means it takes 3-odd hits to kill someone if you don't get them in the face. For myself, and likely others who are not insane aiming robots, this is actually somewhat difficult to accomplish, doubly so when the enemy is aware of your shooting and making a point of trying to murder you.

To those combating against Nighthawks, be wary of the following:

1) Chasing STRAIGHT after the NH as they run away. Yes, they will run. Running -straight- at them will get you shot! It seems like common sense, but a lot of people take the bee-line to close distance.
2) Don't run STRAIGHT into health pickups. This is a HUGE one, and one that nets me a good many of my kills. When I headshot someone, their first reaction is to run, hide... and then run predictably to the nearest healthpack. I think you can guess how that resolves!
3) If you are shooting a Hawk/Recon and they refuse to lose health - you are shooting at the decoy! Remember, advanced decoy will walk and even shoot at you (for around 30% damage). This can be a finicky detail at times, as they will take full damage, but the health bar of the decoy never drops.
4) Just avoid straight lines if at all possible. While flying, you are most vulnerable at the peak of your jump, doubly so if you are moving in a predictable arc. Try to work at odd tangents from the NH's suspected location.
5) Do not try to revive someone if there is a NH around! This goes especially so for the person that was just downed by a NH!

Class specifics and other annoyances:
Off the top of my head, here are all the things that break stealth, or give the NH away:
1) Firecat (arguably the Recon Killer of choice) - Alt fire on Thermal, and any ability damage while the ignition passive is equipped (and it drat well should be!). The recon is on fire. Invisible, but on fire!
2) Tigerclaw with the level 40 perk. This slaps a glowing blue ring of 'shoot me' onto the recon, even while they are invisible!
3) Recluse with the exploding poison dot perk. This one is doubly-evil in that it will be applying CC while it goes. The downside is that the effect is harder to see, especially at night. But again, it renders visibly while the recon is otherwise!
4) The stupid goddamned Toxic event Rocketlauncher. The alt-fire will lock onto and track invisible recons, while providing a lovely bright red aiming-point! Pro As gently caress TM Nighthawks use this in tandem with their rifle - lock on, then swap and shoot the red ring for easy hits, especially effective vs other recons!
5) Certain cores/paints cast a glow around the recon, which sometimes remains visible while they are in stealth!
6) Sprinting recons will kick up dust trails in their wake, and very likely do the same where water is concerned (have not witness the latter, as most water in BP is too deep to splash around in).

I'm sure someone who really mains recon, especially NH, would be able to throw up more tips and counter-tips here. Cartographer comes to mind. I myself play NH a fair deal, but it is by no means my favourite pick.

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Aug 28, 2014

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

DarkDobe posted:

My NH is sitting at around 800 PR and does not come close to doing the 30-odd thousand damage that it would take to one-shot an equally geared enemy
Headshots, at best, do 22K or thereabouts on my frame, so the top-end would be about 25.
Most frames have 30+ thousand HP at level 40 with 40 gear and decent PR.
The level 48 Necro Sniper rifle is bugged and is doing an extra 20% damage while scoped in. I believe some people can get 28492 damage headshots with the thing.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
Funny that they lowered the event to 100k powered cores. Last time I looked at the calculations, it was round about 800,000 total to be "finished" and I think they finally hammered out all the content they planned behind the melding wall and reduced it. Either that or it's still buggy and horrible and they lowered it since people were getting impatient.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

DelphiAegis posted:

Funny that they lowered the event to 100k powered cores. Last time I looked at the calculations, it was round about 800,000 total to be "finished" and I think they finally hammered out all the content they planned behind the melding wall and reduced it. Either that or it's still buggy and horrible and they lowered it since people were getting impatient.
The original goal was 750,000. There was an issue where ARES Job Board missions were the only reliable way to get the cores. Thumping rarely gave you the correct cores, nor do I believe ARES world missions (you would get the materials for the 2nd stage instead of the 3rd stage). The end result was a massive drop in the rate that people were acquiring the resources for the event. There was a thread on the Firefall forums where Red5 talked about it. They concluded that it would be better to lower the limit and remember what happened for future events.

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

So, toxic event rewards:

I currently have a mid level bastion (26 or so), and the rest of my frames are all in n00bland. While the 500 credits seems nice, I don't have a ton of time to play and am not sure what to buy. Leaning toward getting the max level rocket launcher so I can keep using it whenever I want, but I'll be sad that I can't use it right away. Is it worth the wait?

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

inkmoth posted:

So, toxic event rewards:

I currently have a mid level bastion (26 or so), and the rest of my frames are all in n00bland. While the 500 credits seems nice, I don't have a ton of time to play and am not sure what to buy. Leaning toward getting the max level rocket launcher so I can keep using it whenever I want, but I'll be sad that I can't use it right away. Is it worth the wait?

It is a fun weapon and it is an easy way to get a Blue for the max 3 Mod slots if nothing else.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Nalin posted:

The original goal was 750,000. There was an issue where ARES Job Board missions were the only reliable way to get the cores. Thumping rarely gave you the correct cores, nor do I believe ARES world missions (you would get the materials for the 2nd stage instead of the 3rd stage). The end result was a massive drop in the rate that people were acquiring the resources for the event. There was a thread on the Firefall forums where Red5 talked about it. They concluded that it would be better to lower the limit and remember what happened for future events.

The most recent push happened weeks ago and the number was only at like 6-7% before they changed it. It was shaping up to be like a yearlong push to get the melding all the way back based on those numbers.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

xxEightxx posted:

The most recent push happened weeks ago and the number was only at like 6-7% before they changed it. It was shaping up to be like a yearlong push to get the melding all the way back based on those numbers.
Yeah, which is why they lowered the target goal. They were under the impression that people were going to be getting the dark crystite at a much faster rate, but, because of the bugs, the rate of acquisition dropped substantially compared to the previous push. Rather than waiting for a patch to fix those bugs, they just dropped the target to a reasonable level.

http://forums.firefallthegame.com/c...2#post-74762421
http://forums.firefallthegame.com/c...3#post-74821221

Basically, thumping wasn't giving powered dark crystite, and ARES missions weren't giving it. Just the ARES Jobs.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Those and the field missions in the Konoloa area, delirium engines and incursions. Which is why people always dogpiled on those.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice
So what the hell are we supposed to do with all the other types of dark crystite we have? They refine down to the base one at incredible returns, but I just don't even know what they're for other than eating an inventory slot.

Ryebed
May 31, 2002

You seem well,
~*GENJI*~

Ibanez Murderface posted:

Each part for the LGV takes 20 minutes to craft, and the LGV itself takes 2 hours. The parts themselves can each be purchased from the market, though. Enjoy!

I actually purchased a red bean to auto-finish the LGV. 100 credits to save on 2 hours of crafting seemed like a good exchange to me. Maybe later on when I'm 100 credits short for a pilots license or core I'll be pissed but at this point the credits are rollin' and it feels good.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

DelphiAegis posted:

The content has been done since before the soft launch. The PTS team played through it all giving feedback on it during the weeks leading up to launch. The amount of various dark crystites required for the pushback was based on how fast the PTS team blew through that content but was further adjusted based on the expectancy of thousands of players across the world contributing to the event vs just the dozens of players on the PTS.

Related note: Looks like FF had a peak of just over 12k concurrent users and has settled down quite a bit after the initial ermagherdnewgame rush.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011
Speaking of PTS looks like R5 have started it back up. Some new events and some returning ones also this:

quote:

Two new primary weapons have been added as drops:
•Plasma Flak Cannon, a new primary weapon for all Assault archetype battleframes.◦Fires a timed plasma blast that explodes to deal damage in an area of effect.
◦Will also explode in proximity of enemies. Great for destroying flying targets that are hard to hit.
◦Alternate fire consumes ammo to give the battleframe a brief recharge of energy and a small boost in the direction aimed.

•Bio Injector, a new primary weapon for all Biotech archetype battleframes.◦Fires needles that inject toxins into the target dealing an initial impact damage as well as damage over time.
◦Alternate fire applies a heal over time to friendly targets.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Wulfling posted:

So what the hell are we supposed to do with all the other types of dark crystite we have? They refine down to the base one at incredible returns, but I just don't even know what they're for other than eating an inventory slot.

You need that for doing hard mode raids eventually but they aren't in yet

Got my last 3 frames up to butt touching level and also killed Baneclaw. He drops more loot now but it's all level 38 and you don't even get a token so unless you have a group going and want to do it anyway waiting around for a loving hour or whatever to find people is a waste of time.

Morglon fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Aug 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Who did I just run into?

• Locked thread