Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

RSCNyx posted:

To be fair, adding a reskin of a boss, and keeping it basically the same boss with a few new delayed attacks, is pretty lazy. Especially when it costs an extra $10 (Or $25 if you're going season pass) to access said boss. I can't say I blame him for this, for a change.

I helped a friend through the DLC, and ran across the boss myself for the first time. I was pretty annoyed they went that route, too.

It's a shame they didn't do something like completely change how he works at 50% hp or something. Tho I liked how they changed up his attack timings, he's still the same old Smelter Demon, which allowed me to kill him on my first try.

And technically, it does not cost anything to access this boss. Since this is the co-op boss, you can just place your sign in one of the rooms at the beginning and be summoned to help other people. It's kind of hilarious that the freebie boss is just a copy paste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

This has been flooding my twitter, and this seems relevant to the thread. It seems an Lper named Kootra had the SWAT called to his house in the middle of a stream as a prank. :stonklol:

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug

Kay Kessler posted:

This has been flooding my twitter, and this seems relevant to the thread. It seems an Lper named Kootra had the SWAT called to his house in the middle of a stream as a prank. :stonklol:

Now the even more hosed part? That's not a one-time thing! It's called "swatting" and somebody did it to calebhart42 (some big name streamer who does "shirtless" runs) awhile back.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

slowbeef posted:

Now the even more hosed part? That's not a one-time thing! It's called "swatting" and somebody did it to calebhart42 awhile back.

Someone did it to CoD streamer WhiteBoy7 or however the gently caress you spell his stupid name and he and his girlfriend ended up getting charged with possession because they happened to have some pot in the house.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

slowbeef posted:

Now the even more hosed part? That's not a one-time thing! It's called "swatting" and somebody did it to calebhart42 (some big name streamer who does "shirtless" runs) awhile back.

It's terrible, but I laughed my rear end off at the donation popup that appeared at the best possible time.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
I would assume that calling a swat team is very illegal if you were doing it from the states?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Lazyfire posted:

Someone did it to CoD streamer WhiteBoy7 or however the gently caress you spell his stupid name and he and his girlfriend ended up getting charged with possession because they happened to have some pot in the house.

For the record, it was not "some" pot, it was enough pot to constitute being a dealer even if he wasn't actually one.

Swatting is incredibly illegal no matter where you live but there's basically nothing that can be done about it if they can't trace where the initial call came from.

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Pillbug

Roar posted:

I would assume that calling a swat team is very illegal if you were doing it from the states?

It is. I forget the actual name of the crime, though. If you make the call from a different state, it's federal and the FBI handles it. I guess the people doing are gambling that they won't get caught or they're not worth the cost of being tracked down?

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

slowbeef posted:

Someone is going to be fuckin' shot on camera. That is the only way this ends.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Roar posted:

Seeing as how calling for a swat team to go to an area you claimed and joked was a potential hotspot for a big enough crime to occur, wasting a bunch of time and resources they could be using to prevent real crimes, just for them to see it was a bunch of nerdy 20-year-olds playing video games... yeah, it's pretty drat illegal.

Like, what happened to the good ol' days of delivering pizzas to someone else's house? Do they not realize they can be arrested and sent to jail for it or can their calls really not be traced back to them?

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Pillbug

Rulebook Heavily posted:

I don't think that's the end; you know then a couple people are still going to do it to be edgy/assholes.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

CJacobs posted:

For the record, it was not "some" pot, it was enough pot to constitute being a dealer even if he wasn't actually one.

Swatting is incredibly illegal no matter where you live but there's basically nothing that can be done about it if they can't trace where the initial call came from.

Yeah, I don't know enough about it to comment on how much it was, considering my source of this was noted YouTube Scumbag DJ Keemstar and I can only make it through the first 20 seconds of his videos before he starts reading tumblr posts verbatim.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
The crime is reckless endangerment of PB, but usually gets plead down to Splitslaughter.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

I can't remember if I remember WhiteBoy being cool or a dick. Swatting is really stupid and terrible but him getting busted for possession is still really funny to me.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

watho posted:

I can't remember if I remember WhiteBoy being cool or a dick. Swatting is really stupid and terrible but him getting busted for possession is still really funny to me.

I think he's about what you can expect from a youtube famous cod player. Not like a total dickhead who deserves to get his car set on fire but still kind of obnoxious.

Rulebook Heavily posted:

I think that's where it starts to ramp up.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Zeether posted:

In other DSP news it sounds like John Rambo is calling it quits on doing stuff with him after the move: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFfgrIvahYE

This is my favorite KWO intro ever.

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

This SWATing has been happening since the beginning of justin.tv the precursor of twitch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV966TomxdY

It happend within a week of the site being on the air.

http://techcrunch.com/2007/03/23/police-raid-justintv-more-pranks-on-the-way/

quote:

So it’s no surprise that some fairly funny pranks have already been played on four day old Justin.tv.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Rulebook Heavily posted:

In America? Not until they call SWAT on a black or Latino streamer and they spot a black PS3 controller in his hands.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

chitoryu12 posted:

In America? Not until they call SWAT on a black or Latino streamer and they spot a black PS3 controller in his hands.

There was also that one Dota 2 streamer who, supposedly, was robbed at gunpoint while on stream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRgartxF1mA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM0hkdVqyf8

The whole swatting thing is utterly hosed up and stupid and I'm surprised no one has been seriously hurt from it.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
I can't imagine anyone on the internet that I hate enough to risk my own freedom and the time and effort of law enforcement to gently caress with.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Roar posted:

I can't imagine anyone on the internet that I hate enough to risk my own freedom and the time and effort of law enforcement to gently caress with.

For the record, I think swatting is a deplorable act that wastes taxpayer dollars and police resources and the people who make the fake calls ought to do some time for it.

But how loving funny would it be to watch it happen to DSP? "NOTHING I COULD DO, OFFICER!"

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Bullshit, this officer's bugged! He just smashed my door! How was I supposed to know that!

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

ninjahedgehog posted:

For the record, I think swatting is a deplorable act that wastes taxpayer dollars and police resources and the people who make the fake calls ought to do some time for it.

But how loving funny would it be to watch it happen to DSP? "NOTHING I COULD DO, OFFICER!"

"What? They put you in handcuffs? How are you supposed to get out of them!? You're supposed to get a lawyer before talking to the police!? How was I supposed to know that? This is bullshit!"

heytallman
Aug 30, 2013

Is not actually tall.
What the hell, the police just loving busted in AHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Once I was doing a race for the racing thread, and my panic alarm went off. Thankfully, everything was ok, there was no fire, nobody was trying to break in, etc.

I still managed to win the race.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

"Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law."

"BURP!"

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I found an exploit in the legal system! This is so stupid why do i have to exploit a part of the game that was never explained to win?!

DialTheDude
Jan 12, 2014

PORK RICE BOWLS

Lipstick Apathy
"Alright, all I need to do is raise my hands and get on the ground so they can cuff me, then I'll be fine."

*punches cop*

"What the gently caress, I never pressed that! It isn't my fault! So stupid!"

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Wait he moved to Texas? gently caress it all man.

Unless the joke is that only Texas would be one state nice enough to give him the injection.

CJacobs posted:

The joke is that that's a real headline and someone put DSP's face on it because "wow" is a word he says when he dies in games.

and i was wrong on both counts. HOW WAS I SUPPOSE TO GET THAT? THAT"S NOT FUNNY!! THIS IS STUPID!

The Shame Boy fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Aug 28, 2014

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The joke is that that's a real headline and someone put DSP's face on it because "wow" is a word he says when he dies in games.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Hey you know all those figurines that Phil absolutely had to spend about $5000 to bring with him from Connecticut?
Guess what?

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

That's his loving living room? Goddamn. I was always taught that your bedroom can be as lovely as you want as long as you keep your living room clean. Lord knows what his bedroom looks like.

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy

Kay Kessler posted:

That's his loving living room? Goddamn. I was always taught that your bedroom can be as lovely as you want as long as you keep your living room clean. Lord knows what his bedroom looks like.

Maybe it's his audition tape for Hoarders?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

David D. Davidson posted:

Hey you know all those figurines that Phil absolutely had to spend about $5000 to bring with him from Connecticut?
Guess what?

"This light doesn't work at all."

I think our jokes about how he behaves in real life like he does in his LPs were actually pretty on the mark.

Singh Long
Oct 9, 2012

Kay Kessler posted:

Upon closer inspection, that's just a storage room attached to his bedroom. Barring that, and his "office", the rest of his new house looks normal, surprisingly enough.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

David D. Davidson posted:

Walkthrough part 3, eh? When does he get to the final boss, and what's the best strategy for my pro speedrun?

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Walkthrough part 3, eh? When does he get to the final boss, and what's the best strategy for my pro speedrun?

I should also mention that that part of the video is from a year ago before he moved to Washington, watch it to the end and keep in mind he paid I think $10000 to have them shipped to Washington.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Hey, I'm just happy he's finally grown up, even if just a little :unsmith:

How old is he again?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Roman Reigns posted:

Hey, I'm just happy he's finally grown up, even if just a little :unsmith:

How old is he again?

25 or so?

Edit - http://youtube.wikia.com/wiki/DarksydePhil says he's 32. God drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Question, regarding the SWATTING.....how do these individuals know where the streamer lives/which PD to call and have them go to his house? I mean are these people dumb enough to give their address out over their stream, or are these people somehow hacking the dudes stream and internet signal or some poo poo?

• Locked thread