Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

alg posted:

Lookin for pics of a fantasy male hard boiled detective. Preferably w/o a gun.

edit: stuff like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosty Mossman
Feb 17, 2011

"I Guess Somebody Fixed All the Problems" -- Confused Citizen

Peas and Rice posted:

You want Sam Vimes from the Night's Watch Discworld books:

And yet you don't post Kidby's Vimes? :confused:

Colgrim
Jul 23, 2009

Captain_Indigo posted:

Perhaps tying in with the above, I want old folks. This may be crazy specific but I want old folks where it's played at least relatively straight and they are just old - not ancient zombiesque monsters.

Think this:

That second one is the best Cohen the Barbarian cosplay I have ever seen.

Guildencrantz
May 1, 2012

IM ONE OF THE GOOD ONES

Gus Hobbleton posted:

I need an owl lady. Bonus points if she has a bow.

This thread is magical, fantasy art is magical

Astro Ambulance
Dec 25, 2008

Lallander
Sep 11, 2001

When a problem comes along,
you must whip it.

Colgrim posted:

That second one is the best Cohen the Barbarian cosplay I have ever seen.

Is that cosplay or the actor from Troll Bridge?

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best
I found a literally hot modron, seriously :nws:

http://imgur.com/npzPRJV

homerlaw fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Aug 28, 2014

Lallander
Sep 11, 2001

When a problem comes along,
you must whip it.
I'm going to be playing an Arcane Trickster in a D&D 5e campaign. My character is also a nearly 300 year old dwarf. Suffice to say this is making finding character art difficult. So give me your dwarven rogues, dwarven wizards, or if possible your dwarven rogue wizards.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Dwarf rogue:

Dwarf (?) wizard:

Cambrinus
Jan 3, 2007

The Duke of Beer
Dwarf Rogue/Mage/Trickster dump:

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Cambrinus posted:

Dwarf Rogue/Mage/Trickster dump:

More dudes with feathers in their hats

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Angered & displeased, he went to the Blessed One and, on arrival, insulted & cursed him with rude, harsh words.

When this was said, the Blessed One said to him:

"Motherfucker I will -end- you"

AXE COP posted:

Dwarf rogue:

I need some more of this! I need girl dwarfs of every stripe that have facial hair and are still feminine. Bring me your bearded dwarf ladies!

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...
I'm looking for underground cities that would be nice places to live. You know, has enough food, decent lighting, friendly Abyss Gods, good schools in the area. Preferably modern-style or retro-futuristic but that's not super necessary.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I got a request, anyone got good pictures of like, a super pretty man-wizard? If there's sort of a hint that the prettiness is due to glam-illusions and such, all the better.

As an example of the sort of thing I'm looking for, something like Howl from Howl's Moving Castle (seen below), but maybe some non-anime versions of that kind of a character, if there's any of that in circulation.

Takkaryx
Oct 17, 2007

Bunnies (very useful) Scientific Facts: Bunnies never close doors
You're looking for Invoker from Dota 2

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Anything by Nakai Wen should do you nicely.

Has anybody got any pictures of reality destroyers? Time breaking down, black holes and physics-breaking calamity?

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Quantumfate posted:

I need some more of this! I need girl dwarfs of every stripe that have facial hair and are still feminine. Bring me your bearded dwarf ladies!

Once again, Discworld has you covered, this time in the form of Cherry Littlebottom.

treeboy
Nov 13, 2004

James T. Kirk was a great man, but that was another life.

Mr. Lobe posted:

I got a request, anyone got good pictures of like, a super pretty man-wizard? If there's sort of a hint that the prettiness is due to glam-illusions and such, all the better.

As an example of the sort of thing I'm looking for, something like Howl from Howl's Moving Castle (seen below), but maybe some non-anime versions of that kind of a character, if there's any of that in circulation.

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

You'd be distressed too if some pile of bones just told you your favorite hat was stupid.
There was a minor issue with one of the characters in my rogue trader game slightly betraying the party, which ended with the captain pushing a crate of explosives into the plasma drives and setting it off with his plasma pistol.

So anyway, we're playing Rifts now, and I need the Rifts-iest pictures you guys can post because I know nothing about the rules or setting and want to come up with a character concept before I check out any rules.

Fighting robots are a plus.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Quantumfate posted:

Have I got the dwarves for you!

Mr. Lobe posted:

Not quite wizards but I'm sure you can make it work

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Quantumfate posted:

I don't think this was posted yet: Some concept art of potential female dwarf designs for the Hobbit films, I believe.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

These are so fantastic that instead of just having 1 beautiful man-wizard mucking things up in the campaign, instead it's going to be an entire cabal of really, really, ridiculously good looking wizards who are up to no good. Thanks Hot Modrons thread!

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Mr. Lobe posted:

These are so fantastic that instead of just having 1 beautiful man-wizard mucking things up in the campaign, instead it's going to be an entire cabal of really, really, ridiculously good looking wizards who are up to no good. Thanks Hot Modrons thread!

ONE WEIRD TIP DISCOVERED BY A MOM FOR KEEPING YOUR WIZARD HOT
SORCERORS HATE HER!!

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Tactical Bonnet posted:

There was a minor issue with one of the characters in my rogue trader game slightly betraying the party, which ended with the captain pushing a crate of explosives into the plasma drives and setting it off with his plasma pistol.

So anyway, we're playing Rifts now, and I need the Rifts-iest pictures you guys can post because I know nothing about the rules or setting and want to come up with a character concept before I check out any rules.

Fighting robots are a plus.

You can be literally anything if RiFTS, including a character that is lighter than the books used to generate it! These are some ideas just out of the main book.

But you can be just about anything you want in RiFTS, as long as A) your GM lets you, and B) You want to spend the time digging through books.

A friend one time just wanted to be "A Robot". We looked in the super-well-named "Sourcebook One", and found a whole set of creation rules. He ended up a sentient, tentacular vending machine. To be fair, I think he rolled "truck sized" and decided to be a vending machine, but still. A Valid Rifts Character.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Saw this on a car today and for the life of me I couldn't see the deer and just thought it was like a dancing man who was on fire or something.

So give me your fire dancers, or dancers in general I guess.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Brainamp posted:

Saw this on a car today and for the life of me I couldn't see the deer and just thought it was like a dancing man who was on fire or something.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Brainamp posted:

It took me an embarrassingly long time to realize what that symbol was, and I grew up in the deep south.

For content, have an illustration one of my players drew. It's an NPC from our campaign:

He's a mysterious cigar-smoking spider-cowboy maybe antagonist. They're not sure yet, and neither am I.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

I would like a child with horns or possibly other demonic features. Not neccessarily looking like they're going to kill you, but that's okay if you can't find anything else.

St0rmD
Sep 25, 2002

We shoulda just dropped this guy over the Middle East"

[IMG-DWARVES]

Awesome guys, love dwarves. I'm looking for Dwarf Wardens. Preferrably female, preferrably not (too) bearded (my wife doesn't think beards are pretty on dwarf women and it's her character. Please post hot hot dwarves wearing hides and furs with big shields and hammers.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Mr Tastee posted:

I would like a child with horns or possibly other demonic features. Not neccessarily looking like they're going to kill you, but that's okay if you can't find anything else.

Not horns, but there's Ayla from Awesomenauts if you want a demonic/evil kid.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
So I'm looking for females with a murder-crazy face. Something like this.

Harthacnut
Jul 29, 2014

Quantumfate posted:

St0rmD posted:

[IMG-DWARVES]

Awesome guys, love dwarves. I'm looking for Dwarf Wardens. Preferrably female, preferrably not (too) bearded (my wife doesn't think beards are pretty on dwarf women and it's her character. Please post hot hot dwarves wearing hides and furs with big shields and hammers.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Brainamp posted:

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

djw175 posted:

Not a girl but eh

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

djw175 posted:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

djw175 posted:

Sounds like Rory Mercury to me...

ObMeiste
Oct 7, 2003

The Boss doesn't like you. Get out now or you'll have some real trouble.
Oh I've been meaning to read more of that manga! What's it called again?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Gate - Thus the JSDF Fought There! It gets pretty skeevy in parts of the latest chapters sadly.

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Maybe if I actually played Mafia, I'd get a better gift from my Mafia Secret Santa. :(
A few more dwarf ladies:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

You'd be distressed too if some pile of bones just told you your favorite hat was stupid.

So if my character concept was, for example: "guy who pilots a robotic gorilla that fights with a broken off stop light post" I should look in which book?