Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

unclenutzzy posted:

level 6 wiz and 8 bard in crushbone, come play boys

Def recommend /oocing for groupmates whenever you're less than full. You might attract a few PKs at times but generally more than made up for the times you find yourself in a full murdergroup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Just made Sietlan the wood elf ranger, currently chilling in Kelethin! Anybody going to be on tonight?

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
It's been a long rear end time since I played -- what do you guys think of an enchanter/shaman duo on red? Could that be a fun thing?

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

just got on in crushbone-level 5 pally cukekis.

Cool Blue Reason
Jan 7, 2010

by Lowtax
I kinda want to start a wiz. Anyone who can craft and sell me 55/5 rings?

Also does the goon who I gave the Sacrificial Dagger to still happen to have it? That'd be pretty nice.

Cool Blue Reason fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Aug 27, 2014

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Cool Blue Reason posted:

I kinda want to start a wiz. Anyone who can craft and sell me 55/5 rings?

Also does the goon who I gave the Sacrificial Dagger to still happen to have it? That'd be pretty nice.

I don't think we have any crafters of note YET.

And if you want to do a SERIOUS CHANTER COMBO, Shaman/Chanter is actually really terrible since their stuff all overlaps but doesn't stack. Druid/Chanter is extremely powerful though since on Red you can Snare your teammate's charmed pet making the chanter super safe with no real troubles. And druid is better in PvP than a shaman for a lot of reasons.

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
I tried, but after wandering around the starting town for 15 minutes trying to find the magery I gave up.

Cool Blue Reason
Jan 7, 2010

by Lowtax
You really need to have a map of where you are open at all times.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

ShadowMoo posted:

I tried, but after wandering around the starting town for 15 minutes trying to find the magery I gave up.

This is the classic EQ experience

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
Classic EQ is not the game you play when you are giving up smoking.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something

I Love You! posted:

-Wizards cast spells at higher spell levels than other casters, making resists harder
-They have spells with heavy -resist components
-Their spells tend to get partially, rather than fully, resisted if at all
-High burst damage which is key to landing kills
-Fast cast nukes
-Shadowstep line of spells makes sticking on a wizard hella difficult and gives them safety
-Teleports for getting around the world and finding targets, escaping, and grabbing group members to assist with fights
-Epic gives them a clickable rune with no reagent. Wizards can nuke, see the rune go down, yonder, hide long enough to click epic, then resume fight. This gives them a strong attrition factor that can be very difficult to overcome

Wizards are kings of hit-and-run and are not particularly gear-dependent so they are always somewhat dangerous. A well-played wizard, or, god loving forbid, an epic wizard who is grouped with a bard, is terrifying.

Wizard epics are extraordinarily rare, to the point that I've played P99 for years and have never once seen a wizard with one equipped.

Cool Blue Reason
Jan 7, 2010

by Lowtax
Made the wizzy. Anyone willing to port me from Toxx to BB or SF and give me a bind in fay?

Summit
Mar 6, 2004

David wanted you to have this.
Got into some PVP but it's all been the same twinked as hell guy. I've stayed to fight him a few times, can get him to about 75% before dying or having to zone. It's not unfun but basically pointless to do anything but run away. Anyone not a twinked out ganker wants to group up which is great but unfortunately it dried up tonight. Crushbone was completely empty. Faydark had a few but I've outleveled orc hill. Hopefully more luck tomorrow.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Summit posted:

Got into some PVP but it's all been the same twinked as hell guy. I've stayed to fight him a few times, can get him to about 75% before dying or having to zone. It's not unfun but basically pointless to do anything but run away. Anyone not a twinked out ganker wants to group up which is great but unfortunately it dried up tonight. Crushbone was completely empty. Faydark had a few but I've outleveled orc hill. Hopefully more luck tomorrow.

I just hit 6 tonight between buffs from a nice druid who goes by Mercedes, someone else donating me an Edge of Cabilis, and turning in about 12 belts that I picked up from fighting orcs in Greater Faydark. I'll be down for more grouping tomorrow night if you plan to be on.

Summit
Mar 6, 2004

Siets posted:

I just hit 6 tonight between buffs from a nice druid who goes by Mercedes, someone else donating me an Edge of Cabilis, and turning in about 12 belts that I picked up from fighting orcs in Greater Faydark. I'll be down for more grouping tomorrow night if you plan to be on.

Yeah I got some buffs from him/her as well, got a few kills in that way. Started getting harassed by the twink though. You likely didn't encounter it because I believe he's level 10 or 11 (yellow con to me at 9). Really need a few people to take him on so hopefully there's some powerleveling or a group to be had in Crushbone next time.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
As of now we don't have any druids in PL ranges to make that part easy. I haven't done a CB pl on my cleric in awhile, it sounds like we have a lot of new people starting so I should do that.

Oh yeah, and I just bought Heroic Bond today. I can now gives newbies a +360 HP buff and nice AC boost also. That'll deter most twinks long enough to chip their health away enough.

onesixtwo fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Aug 28, 2014

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
Doubleposting (never not post) but if anyone has not yet done so, bookmark http://wiki.project1999.com/Main_Page and use it for literally everything.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Any recommendations for cheap aggro-generating weapons for a low level warrior? I got a Kunzar Ku'juch for practically nothing but that won't start proccing until Lv.40.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"

Republicans posted:

Any recommendations for cheap aggro-generating weapons for a low level warrior? I got a Kunzar Ku'juch for practically nothing but that won't start proccing until Lv.40.

Obsidian Shards might be your best bet. They proc at 16.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

hayden. posted:

Wizard epics are extraordinarily rare, to the point that I've played P99 for years and have never once seen a wizard with one equipped.

The wizard epic is really bad for a wizard who only cares about nuking mobs, so it's not really sought on blue servers.

On Red its loving incredible

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
So I think we need to aggressively level up a Guild Druid in order to actually have the ports and thorns we need to PL up fools. This would be so much faster. Ugh.

Guess I'll be leveling up Teddy, 9 Druid, over the next few weeks when no one is around.

I Love You! fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Aug 28, 2014

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Is it really possible to hit max in just a few weeks on red?

edit: Also god damnnnn everything is more expensive on red. 1000 plat for a Silver Swiftblade? Fuckkkkkk.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"

I Love You! posted:

So I think we need to aggressively level up a Guild Druid in order to actually have the ports and thorns we need to PL up fools. This would be so much faster. Ugh.

Guess I'll be leveling up Teddy, 9 Druid, over the next few weeks when no one is around.

Wow Islamic State is annoying. Some twink just killed me twice in Butcher block, lost a level and quit. Seriously considering taking the boat to Freeport just to avoid their guild

Summit
Mar 6, 2004

Siets posted:

Is it really possible to hit max in just a few weeks on red?

I believe it, with guild support. The experience just flies when you're in a group and there's a lot of powerleveling going on.

As a solo, new player with no connections? Not without playing an unhealthy amount and getting insanely lucky with finding groups.

Pillow Armadillo posted:

Wow Islamic State is annoying. Some twink just killed me twice in Butcher block, lost a level and quit. Seriously considering taking the boat to Freeport just to avoid their guild

The twinked dude I was referencing above was also of that guild. I hate to complain about it because I do like to PVP but boy does it suck when I'm wearing 6 pieces of cloth armor and wielding a rusty 2 hander and he's got a full kit of great stuff, jboots, etc.

Summit fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Aug 28, 2014

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Abualfreeporti at it in crushbone again? Can't stand that dude.

unclenutzzy
Jun 6, 2007
I hit 13 I think last night before I stopped playing. I was able to avoid being ganked by Abualfreeporti by joining the guild and anon'ing when he wasn't around.

I probably won't be on until the weekend but the exp is so fast in CB even with one other person

Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004
Hey, I've got Navigate...
Hit level 19 last night on my Iksar SK in Kurns grouping with some guys from the <Red> guild. They seem to play well with others for the most part, but they also related a story to me where an unguilded Necro at the zone entrance wasn't responding to their offer to group, so they killed him.

So, be careful with that!

Going to either head to Lake of Ill Omen or Unrest before too long.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Have Some Flowers! posted:

Hit level 19 last night on my Iksar SK in Kurns grouping with some guys from the <Red> guild. They seem to play well with others for the most part, but they also related a story to me where an unguilded Necro at the zone entrance wasn't responding to their offer to group, so they killed him.

So, be careful with that!

Going to either head to Lake of Ill Omen or Unrest before too long.
I too have had relatively good experiences with <Red>. Quantized ports me around pretty often.

If you go to unrest I can group up with you and help out on my ranger or mage. Also can maybe get my druid up high enough to group.

Alternately you could skip unrest and go straight to MM. I can solo most stuff at the entrance (bring me some stuff from mahj if you do this!!!! Bone bracers/axe of iron back)

I Love You! fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Aug 28, 2014

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

hayden. posted:

There's actually a lot more of them now that most guilds who can kill CT will post when they are going to do a skin turn-in so any ready wizards can use the spawned mob to complete their poo poo. I mean, you still need Phinny and VS staves but those are much easier to come by than a skin.

I Love You! posted:

The wizard epic is really bad for a wizard who only cares about nuking mobs, so it's not really sought on blue servers.
Um, what?

Mana Robe/mod-rods + Wiz Epic = damage-free mana and is pretty amazing in any situation. You can also abuse the poo poo out of a manastone + ports/gates to quickly reload your mana in an old world zone before zipping back to where you want to be. Wiz Epic is also great for AE heavy raid mobs in Velious where you have to worry about survival because the mob will live for more than 15 seconds, especially in places where there's LOS breaking objects to hide behind. You click epic, duck out to nuke, let your free rune eat the damage, and then duck back in to recharge your rune - all without having to bother an enc or commit crimes against peridots.

Wiz epic is loving awesome for red AND blue and the only reason there aren't more of them is because there's multiple rare items involved in their completion. VS and CT both have huge drop tables so it's quite common for neither wiz item to drop for months at a time.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Yeah I guess you're right there. Wiz is the only class I haven't played much of so take that with a grain of salt.

I am on Scoobs in MM atm, lvl 25 ranger, hayyy

Summit
Mar 6, 2004

We got some people in Crushbone leveling up if anyone wants to join.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Summit posted:

We got some people in Crushbone leveling up if anyone wants to join.

Logging in now as Sietlan! :pcgaming:

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
Rolling around gfay/crushbone as Inyk now

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

loving abual. I ended up zoning/quitting out because there's some gnomes that hang out at zone ent that are griefers also. Good group though with summit and sietlan for a bit.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Not too far from just being able to say fuckit and head to somewhere like Unrest yard or whatnot.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

I Love You! posted:

Not too far from just being able to say fuckit and head to somewhere like Unrest yard or whatnot.

Yeah almost level 9 then I get my spells!

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah Abual is a shithead.

I'm sorely tempted to reroll Iksar yet again. No chance of seeing these dipshits, plus I just can't stay away from Kunark!

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Yeah but there are probably others on kunark.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

nwin posted:

Yeah but there are probably others on kunark.

Kunark is hella safe comparably. Kurns takes you to 20 with very few shitheads bothering to come find you. It's also a much easier zone to progress up through even without an ideal group. I would say if you have a class that really appeals to you that can be an Iksar, it's almost 100% worth going it, maybe even rerolling for it if you aren't high up yet.

We also have buffbots on standbuy in the area to assist with poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something

aparmenideanmonad posted:

There's actually a lot more of them now that most guilds who can kill CT will post when they are going to do a skin turn-in so any ready wizards can use the spawned mob to complete their poo poo. I mean, you still need Phinny and VS staves but those are much easier to come by than a skin.
Um, what?

Mana Robe/mod-rods + Wiz Epic = damage-free mana and is pretty amazing in any situation. You can also abuse the poo poo out of a manastone + ports/gates to quickly reload your mana in an old world zone before zipping back to where you want to be. Wiz Epic is also great for AE heavy raid mobs in Velious where you have to worry about survival because the mob will live for more than 15 seconds, especially in places where there's LOS breaking objects to hide behind. You click epic, duck out to nuke, let your free rune eat the damage, and then duck back in to recharge your rune - all without having to bother an enc or commit crimes against peridots.

Wiz epic is loving awesome for red AND blue and the only reason there aren't more of them is because there's multiple rare items involved in their completion. VS and CT both have huge drop tables so it's quite common for neither wiz item to drop for months at a time.

Isn't there also some difficult item to get in plane of hate off a golem? Mostly it's the VS staff that I hear is next to impossible to get. Drops every few months is the impression I got.

• Locked thread