Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Someone said the Thrustmaster wheel has .15NM of torque. I don't know if that's low or if this new wheel is just insane. I know that a lot of the direct drive servo motors have insane torque.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

Fanatec really needs to get a professional to write their press releases

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
I love my CSW, but goddamn, there goes another 500 of my Euros :fap:

Nition
Feb 25, 2006

You really want to know?
People on the Internet seem to think the G27 has about 3-4Nm of torque.

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

The T500 is supposedly ~6Nm

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

CactusWeasle posted:

I love my CSW, but goddamn, there goes another 500 of my Euros :fap:

If you get a code and buy one, can I have your extra code that you get for ordering it?

Meiwaku
Jan 10, 2011

Fun for the whole family!

Cojawfee posted:

If you get a code and buy one, can I have your extra code that you get for ordering it?

Just ordered the CSW, but don't think I got a code...

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Some people are able to order the CSW2 without a code for some reason. When you get a code and use it, you're supposed to get a second code for a friend.

alr
May 14, 2009
Looks like the next Assetto Corsa update has the SLS AMG in it, coming Friday apparently -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVSiMQ5Fnvw

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

Cojawfee posted:

I'll keep you in mind, but I wasnt one of the early CSW buyers so who knows when I ever actually get a code.

Blame Pyrrhus
May 6, 2003

Me reaping: Well this fucking sucks. What the fuck.
Pillbug
Where is the best place to grab new tracks and cars for AC? It seems like the forums serve as a type of repo, but wasn't sure if there was a better place.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Linux Nazi posted:

Where is the best place to grab new tracks and cars for AC? It seems like the forums serve as a type of repo, but wasn't sure if there was a better place.

Race Department is pretty darn good, and if you get an account it will tell you when poo poo you've downloaded has been updated.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Cojawfee posted:

Fanatec has announced their new wheel. CSW v2. $500 dollars for preorder, $600 normal price. You have to get a code to preorder. They are sending out codes to people who bought the CSW v1 or CSRE, then to people who bought other clubsport products, then other people. I'm really hoping I can get a code since I bought the CSS last year.

http://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussion/137/the-clubsport-wheel-base-v2-servo-power-and-multi-platform

I've got a CSRE, two PWTS's, a set of CSP's and a Rennsport stand. If I end up with any extra codes I'll let you have one.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
If they have insane torque, why do they still have mechanical lock stops?

Blame Pyrrhus
May 6, 2003

Me reaping: Well this fucking sucks. What the fuck.
Pillbug

Fayez Butts posted:

Race Department is pretty darn good, and if you get an account it will tell you when poo poo you've downloaded has been updated.

Awesome. Thanks!

izagoof
Feb 14, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Apparently the Bodnar wheel is 16nm. nuts.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
I'm thinking of selling my CSR Elite wheel. It's got the Formula rim attached and is less than a year old. Best bet be a simracing site or just try ebay?

David Pratt
Apr 21, 2001
Assetto Corsa released an update today, but it looks like it's broken most of the mods. Might want to disable updates in Steam until they've fixed it.

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/crashes-upon-loading-track-and-car-modders-update-your-releases.13878/

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

David Pratt posted:

Assetto Corsa released an update today, but it looks like it's broken most of the mods. Might want to disable updates in Steam until they've fixed it.

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/crashes-upon-loading-track-and-car-modders-update-your-releases.13878/

Oh no... Now I'm scared to launch my game.

Huh, at least the Shelby, Fuji Speedway, and Longford still work for me. (Haven't tried my other stuff.)

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
No DK2 support?

David Pratt
Apr 21, 2001
Been playing for a few hours and everything seems to work. There was some config-file hack suggested in the official forums, but it looks like they've rolled that into a hotfix.

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

This looks awesome, a modder on reddit created Rainbow Road from Mario Kart 64 in Assetto Corsa: http://www.reddit.com/r/assettocorsa/comments/2f43du/rainbow_road_n64_assetto_corsa_mod_released/

It really needs the music playing on the track though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8Y-IJH0amo

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
loving rainbow road. For 'realism' they better have made the surface friction 0.5 :ughh:

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Yeah, this poo poo better be loving realistic

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
I asked for that poo poo on the forums. I can't believe someone delivered.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

Yup.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

When I was first getting into AC I joked that the reason I like it so much is because I can't wait to drive a schwimmwagen around rainbow road. Half way there.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Figured I'd ask in here as well. I'm looking for a wheel so I can play one of these games. Something like the logitech driving force gt.

Made a thread in samart http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3664024

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I got my Fanatec "you're gonna get a code for the new wheel since you have a CSR-E" email, but not actually the code yet.

Thomas Jackermeier posted:

You will receive the code within the next few weeks or months, as we are sending them out in several waves in the order of the purchase date of your ClubSport or CSR Elite wheel.

Sadistic
Dec 1, 2004
In his image God made me ugly.
For those of you playing GRID Autosport is there a goon group/anyone using the built in Racenet clubs?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Hey goons, any suggestions on a nice seat + wheel combo? Project Cars is just around the corner :toot: Huge bonus if it's easy to move / store, as my PC is in my bedroom...

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Oct 4, 2014

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

Sab669 posted:

Hey goons, any suggestions on a nice seat + wheel combo? Project Cars is just around the corner :toot: Huge bonus if it's easy to move / store, as my PC is in my bedroom...

If you want a car-style seat, it's not really going to be very portable :(

Unless someone else has a specific product suggestion, I think you have two main options. Either get something like the Rennsport wheel stand and remove the wheels from an office chair, or go all out with a cockpit if you want the full experience.

I love the full cockpit that I built out of PVC, but many goons have said good things about wheel stands like the Rennsport. If you go that route, make sure your chair is stable. Couches are good with that stand, but I'm guessing you don't have a couch in your bedroom...

What's your wheel budget? Typical recommendations low to high are Driving Force GT, G27, Fanatec CSR/CSW.

I'm hoping to get new pedals this winter, my CSR throttle and clutch aren't really reading full pedal travel properly and I would really like to have a load cell brake pedal.

EDIT:

Just clear out half of your bedroom and build one of these:

We have a spare bedroom, so I have some space for my big rig.

The Science Goy fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Oct 4, 2014

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Don't have an exact figure in my head, but I was open to ideas up to $600-700 for a whole set up

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?
That sounds like perfect territory for a G27 or Fanatec CSR setup. If it were me, I would go with a CSR wheel and ClubSport pedals with no shifter (pre-tax $450 US), or CSR wheel, CSR Elite pedals and the ClubSport shifter (pre-tax $500 US). The CSL wheel stand (not Rennsport, my memory was wrong) is 90 bucks, which leaves you with enough left in the budget for any needed adapters and an office chair if you don't have one. I built my PVC cockpit for about a hundred dollars including the seat and adjustable seat mount, so a homemade cockpit is also within the budget if you have the space for it.

A new Logitech G27 is anywhere from $200-250, but I'm a Fanatec fanboy and I've never used a G27 so I can't comment on it.

EDIT AGAIN: Budget Fanatec option would be CSR wheel and CSR pedals, $280 before tax. This is my current setup, and I like it a lot but would prefer better pedals. If I didn't get it for a present and bought it myself, I would have gotten the CSR Elite pedals for a full setup cost of $350.

The Science Goy fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Oct 4, 2014

snack soul
Jul 6, 2005

Sab669 posted:

Don't have an exact figure in my head, but I was open to ideas up to $600-700 for a whole set up

G27 + Fanatec CSL Seat

I've been using this setup for the last year or so and it's fantastic. You can buy the G27 for ~$200, so combined it should cost right around $500 pre-tax. The wheel stand is more convenient, but I found it kind of awkward pairing the wheel with an office chair.

Portability is decent. It doesn't fold (probably a good thing), but it's fairly light and compact compared to other cockpits. I just leave the wheel permanently attached and stash the whole setup behind the couch when I'm not using it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Wasn't Assetto Corsa supposed to get an update?

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

Cojawfee posted:

Wasn't Assetto Corsa supposed to get an update?

Nope, they said they'd be releasing info about 1.0.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZEXaqme7j8

Did a little video of a race involving all of the non-racecar non-SemiTruck mod cars I have racing around vallelunga club, with me driving the lone Kunos car, the E30 M3.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

justbread posted:

G27 + Fanatec CSL Seat

I've been using this setup for the last year or so and it's fantastic. You can buy the G27 for ~$200, so combined it should cost right around $500 pre-tax. The wheel stand is more convenient, but I found it kind of awkward pairing the wheel with an office chair.

Portability is decent. It doesn't fold (probably a good thing), but it's fairly light and compact compared to other cockpits. I just leave the wheel permanently attached and stash the whole setup behind the couch when I'm not using it.

Welp. Just found out I'm out of work for 2 weeks in December, so I guess no wheel or setup for me this Christmas :suicide: Thanks for the suggestions though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Find Forums User GutBomb over in one of the various Forza threads. He may have a G27 to sell.

• Locked thread