Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Supercar Gautier posted:

Xenoblade for 3DS? Weird move!
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/67514511

This gamefaqs dude can see the future just like Shulk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Really don't wanna buy a new 3DS or use the Circle Pad Pro. I imagine it's fine for Smash Bros, because most of my friends won't have one, but hopefully the controls for Xenoblade work fine.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Oh god they have front and bottom faceplates you can buy that apparently come with menu skins/themes. I want Waluigi's face on my 3DS.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Macaluso posted:

Bowser getting taken out easily but some pretty boy with a toy sword was nonsense though :colbert:

man I don't know if you've noticed it but Bowser's kind of a bitch

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Shulk has an australian accent? :stare:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I liked everything in the trailer except for when Shulk said "its Shulk time". No it isn't shulk. Its Reyn time. :(

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND posted:

Get a look at this bloody wanker!

"fancy meeting you here...monado boyyyyy"

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

another loving anime swordsperson

super slash bros I tell you what

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Naerasa posted:

man I don't know if you've noticed it but Bowser's kind of a bitch

I want to Bowsercide this post.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

uh

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Also of note, the starting riff of Mechanical Rhythm plays at around 1 minute into Shulk's trailer, so there's another kickass song confirmd.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

The text only leak which had the bowser jr. koopa kid skins and the extra character also said Shulk had like 5 mode swaps, which we got to see in the trailer too.

chorus kids are comin >:)

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Or it's a medley and that's all you'll ever get of that song

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omeOylQYkuU

five minutes of Smash, might have some new stuff, I see Corneria

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

bef posted:

Get a look at this bloody wanker!

"fancy meeting you here...monado boyyyyy"

This is the best.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

also there's a pre-order button on the front page now and you can pre-order through e-shop

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I think everyone missed then most important thing, which is swim trunks Shulk.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Man, I wanna know exactly when NEW NINTENDO 3DS is coming out in America, so I know if it's still worth it to buy an XL for Smash.

(Because my OG 3DS has busted shoulder buttons.)

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

No

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

They showed all of Kirby's custom moves in that 5 minute video. One of them is a jumping swallow.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.
How does the XL Circle Pad Pro feel in the hands? Rather spend $20 extra than have to buy a whole new 3DS.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omeOylQYkuU

five minutes of Smash, might have some new stuff, I see Corneria

the aforementioned corneria
First footage of N's Castle (we saw in famitsu too)
Final Destination of 3D Land and Tomadachi life
Corneria FD ?

Distant planet and some stage I'm not sure on in the middle here

FD version of Tortimer Island
poo poo it seems like every stage shown is in FD mode, I see Nintendogs, Paper Mario, Boxing ring, Rainbow Road, Brinstar, the wish seed stage,
Kirbys custom moves shown off
bunch of menus shots with further support the leak
MONOLITHSOFT is now listed at the end with other character owners

that's all I saw of note

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

RaspberryCommie posted:

How does the XL Circle Pad Pro feel in the hands? Rather spend $20 extra than have to buy a whole new 3DS.

It seems like the New 3DS will also have exclusive games that only run on it, with Xenoblade 3DS being mentioned as one. So you can't just use a Circle Pad Pro to replace it.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

I've never used an XL circle pad pro, but I can imagine it's quite cumbersome. Then again, I have used the Wii U Gamepad soooo....

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Shulk literally did that downwards spin move he did in the leak video. The leak is true. There's no 'supporting the leak/not supporting the leak,' the leak is fact.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

NoE's twitter posted a picture of all the Amiibos that will be available for Smash Bros at launch:

No King Dedede. :(

e: I wonder if these might be the characters unlocked from the get-go in the game, as well.

JordanKai fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Aug 29, 2014

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

JordanKai posted:

NoE's twitter posted a picture of all the Amiibos that will be available for Smash Bros at launch:

No King Dedede. :(

This is bullshit. :mad:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Endorph posted:

Shulk literally did that downwards spin move he did in the leak video. The leak is true. There's no 'supporting the leak/not supporting the leak,' the leak is fact.

The leak is love.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

ImpAtom posted:

It seems like the New 3DS will also have exclusive games that only run on it, with Xenoblade 3DS being mentioned as one. So you can't just use a Circle Pad Pro to replace it.

Nintendo hates the unemployed. :(

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RaspberryCommie posted:

Nintendo hates the unemployed. :(
Their final way of getting back at the leaker.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

DrPaper posted:

also there's a pre-order button on the front page now and you can pre-order through e-shop

Steam has spoiled me but I wish there were a way to pre-order and pre-load via the eShop. I really don't want to download the game on release day while Nintendo's servers are being gangbanged by all of the US.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

From Nintendo's PR:

quote:

The holiday shopping season begins today for Nintendo fans, as the first 12 amiibo interactive figures become available for pre-order at a suggested retail price of just $12.99 each. The first dozen characters available for pre-order at select retailers are Mario, Peach, Link, Samus, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Pikachu, Kirby, Fox, Marth, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer, with more on the way in the future.

Not bad.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Sire Oblivion posted:

Steam has spoiled me but I wish there were a way to pre-order and pre-load via the eShop. I really don't want to download the game on release day while Nintendo's servers are being gangbanged by all of the US.

Just get your rear end to a shop on release.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

So if we were nearing the bottom of the barrel with newcomer trailers with Robin/Lucina, and we've still got the 3 leaked newcomers at the very least, I have to assume this means not every newcomer is getting a cool trailer (Dark Pit probably isn't and doesn't deserve one anyway)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That She-Hulk guy looks like he comes from a boring-rear end game but I'm sure he'll be fun to play as.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

JordanKai posted:

From Nintendo's PR:

Not bad.

13 bucks is pretty sweet. Now if only they would recall Marth and Fox as if anyone would want those dumbass loser babies, and put in King Dedede. You still have time before launch, Nintendo

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Endorph posted:

DUCK HUNT LIVES AGAIN

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
The Marth one better be replaced with Lucina.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I'm glad that Shulk gets to join Mega Man and Captain Falcon in the "obnoxious final smash that forces everyone to watch a cutscene of themselves getting pummeled" club.

Since this was a trailer they didn't really bother to alert western audiences for, maybe the last one will play internationally and be a big roundup of the last few newcomers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

JordanKai posted:

From Nintendo's PR:

Not bad.

But then you realize there's nearly 50 characters and OCD states you have to complete the collection and oh god gently caress.

• Locked thread