Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

net cafe scandal posted:

So if we were nearing the bottom of the barrel with newcomer trailers with Robin/Lucina, and we've still got the 3 leaked newcomers at the very least, I have to assume this means not every newcomer is getting a cool trailer (Dark Pit probably isn't and doesn't deserve one anyway)

He had enough when he tried to ruin Palutena's debut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Supercar Gautier posted:

Since this was a trailer they didn't really bother to alert western audiences for, maybe the last one will play internationally and be a big roundup of the last few newcomers?

I dunno about the US but Nintendo Europe tweeted the trailer

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Shulk's final smash might just be another variant of "sword guy slashes enemy a lot" but I appreciate it for having Dunban and Riki in it. It would be interesting if it could randomly have any of the playable characters from Xenoblade in it but I get the feeling that's not really realistic.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Shulk's final smash might just be another variant of "sword guy slashes enemy a lot" but I appreciate it for having Dunban and Riki in it. It would be interesting if it could randomly have any of the playable characters from Xenoblade in it but I get the feeling that's not really realistic.

Especially since 7 even showing up would be a HUGE spoiler to anyone playing that hasn't gotten deep into it yet. I doubt they'll be in any rotation what with the 3DS port coming soon.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wait Xenoblade's coming out for 3DS?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I kind of knew Shulk was British, but it was still weird to see a character like that speaking in a British accent.

This is pretty great, though. Because I don't think anybody posted it, Sakurai elaborated on what the Monado Arts are exactly on Miiverse. He seems like a pretty solid character.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Those extendy lightsaber moves from the sword are gonna be pretty fun.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Kirby's custom moves

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Beef Waifu posted:

Only for the new one, the new model has more RAM and processing power and there's going to be games that only work on those versions of the console, Xenoblade is the first.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Nintendo please release the New 3DS along with Smash so I can sell my old busted 3DS to my stinky friend who won't buy a new 3DS just for Smash.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I am all about having a billion different Shulkmodes to deploy strategically.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Beef Waifu posted:

It's coming out for New 3DS aka this generation's version of Game Boy Color.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Cleretic posted:

I kind of knew Shulk was British, but it was still weird to see a character like that speaking in a British accent.

This is pretty great, though. Because I don't think anybody posted it, Sakurai elaborated on what the Monado Arts are exactly on Miiverse. He seems like a pretty solid character.

So... this is the Monado's power...

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh well, looks like I'll just have to try and play my Wii copy that I've been forgetting to play for 2 years now.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Sire Oblivion posted:

Only for the new one, the new model has more RAM and processing power and there's going to be games that only work on those versions of the console, Xenoblade is the first.

Oh wait wtf gently caress that poo poo. I just bought an XL.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I just woke up like 20 minutes ago, saw 300 posts in the span of 6 hours, so went hunting around for the trailer for Shulk.

What's this about a new 3ds and a Xenoblade game for it?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

I just woke up like 20 minutes ago, saw 300 posts in the span of 6 hours, so went hunting around for the trailer for Shulk.

There's a new 3DS called, uh, New 3DS, and they're porting Xenoblade to it.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Cleretic posted:

it's comin :mrgw:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
As am I

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I'm, as well.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'll never believe in Ridley.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

I really hope the Smash Bros isn't significantly better on the New 3DS.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

A Meat posted:

Ice Climbers will be playable EXCLUSIVELY on New 3DS thanks to the new RAM

sout
Apr 24, 2014

I think the new 3DS isn't leaving Japan until 2015 though, so I don't think a Smash bundle is gunna happen in NA or UK where I am.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

TheKingofSprings posted:

Sire Oblivion posted:

Also the New 3DS features swappable front and back plates, wireless file transfers to PCs, light sensitive brightness adjustment, headtracking via the front-facing camera so the 3D viewing angle is always clean no matter what. It also has a C-Stick nub above the face buttons and ZR and ZL buttons next to the L and R shoulder buttons.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

A Meat posted:

It'll have the Z buttons, and the shoulder buttons won't be worn out from use. That's probably the only real advantages.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

DrPaper posted:

Ice Climbers will be playable EXCLUSIVELY on New 3DS thanks to the new RAM

Watch as this turns out to be loving true because the old 3DS chokes if you have all players pick Ice Climbers or something :psyduck:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Now Nintendo please announce Edea.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tales of Xillia 1 and 2 ported to Wii U, Milla Maxwell confirmed for brawl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS6kL5flmRw

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Sire Oblivion posted:

Also the New 3DS features swappable front and back plates, wireless file transfers to PCs, light sensitive brightness adjustment, headtracking via the front-facing camera so the 3D viewing angle is always clean no matter what. It also has a C-Stick nub above the face buttons and ZR and ZL buttons next to the L and R shoulder buttons.

Haha sounds good well I'll now be choking my idiot throat with my Loser Edition 3DS

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
Xenoblade 3DS, Shulk confirmed, and Bravely Default sequel. Nintendo gave me a nice birthday gift this year.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Maybe they could also grant you the gift of life.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Terper posted:

There's a new 3DS called, uh, New 3DS, and they're porting Xenoblade to it.

Just to be clear, New 3DS is a DSi/GBC-style hardware revision and not a properly new handheld.

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

mabels big day posted:

I'll never believe in Ridley.

I think I might actually believe in Ridley now...

:stare:

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The new 3DS doesn't even launch in Japan until after SSB is out in both Japan and NA, so I really strongly doubt any significant functionality will be missing from the game. Just the extra inputs.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
The improved head tracking sounds really cool. Also useful to get back in the right spot for games where you have throw up your hands and say "that was bullshit" when you get killed. Hopefully it'll also run some of the games that have stuttering 3D a little bit better.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Supercar Gautier posted:

The new 3DS doesn't even launch in Japan until after SSB is out in both Japan and NA, so I really strongly doubt any significant functionality will be missing from the game. Just the extra inputs.

NOA just announced we won't be getting it until next year apparently, time to save those pennies.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

DrPaper posted:

it's comin :mrgw:

Let me guess this right then. There are two major leaks-- the text based one you posted, and other being the picture of the character select screen everyones been talking about for the past few days. They agree on some characters (Bowser Jr, Shulk, Doc Mario, Dark Pit, Duck Hunt Dog), and disagree on others (Text based one claiming Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie, and the character select screen showing ROB, Snake)?

I kind of hope the text based one is true, because I'm more interested in seeing Chorus Men, Dixie, and Ridley, than I am in seeing Rob and Snake.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Soon. Soon.

:laugh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Please Duck Hunt Dog, grant me the gift of power so I may kill everyone.

• Locked thread