Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

I understand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

:eyepop:

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Total Biscuit wrote an article on his blog.
http://blueplz.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/this-game-supports-more-than-two-players.html

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

what the gently caress is with this gimmick in articles lately

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

A British person quoting Braveheart is like a black man quoting Birth of a Nation

Also a lot of words here so I didn't read much but it's like, yeah, both sides ARE retarded and dumb.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

BottledBodhisvata posted:

A British person quoting Braveheart is like a black man quoting Birth of a Nation

Also a lot of words here so I didn't read much but it's like, yeah, both sides ARE retarded and dumb.

He kind of leaves out the whole charity thing Zoe did and the ddoss / hacking he just really says "well it might have been 4chan it might not have been" (it clearly wasn't). Mostly tldr: Not all gamers are a stereotype, Anita / Gaming "Journalists" are throwing their toys out the pram (he also points out one reason some people have it in for Anita is because she said she doesn't like games and wants rid of Shooting Dudes games but you enter a debate you don't send death threats like a moron). People like Tim Schafer are shits for retweeting and getting his twitter dogs to dogpile people he disagrees with. Then just a long talk about how both sides have some bad people and there is ways to critize Anita but it makes it seem like this started because "a girl in gaming", rather than the whole loving up a charity for someone to personally make money.

Fluo fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Aug 29, 2014

Fluo
May 25, 2007

poptart_fairy posted:

what the gently caress is with this gimmick in articles lately

They discovered something which they never used when at college. :v:

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

the spelling mistakes really top it off

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
In a show of solidarity for #Quinnghazi, every panel has been cancelled by hungry strikes. Panelists will eat hamburgers in silence.
However, headsets will be worn by panel guests so that the intimate sound of jaws smacking into beef may be broadcast through auditorium speakers.
Caterer to be announced. See you at PAX.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

So the d&d picture thread has just caught wind of this and don't seem to have the full story to say the least...

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
It will be over soon

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

Fluo posted:

So the d&d picture thread has just caught wind of this and don't seem to have the full story to say the least...

Please enlighten them. Everyone needs to know the truth about this

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Azraelle posted:

Please enlighten them. Everyone needs to know the truth about this

I'd rather not enter that bear pit. Theres no defending those death threats to Anita, that was one sick person who will most likely get time in prison. Which means journalists now have another reason to ignore their own corruption and successful / failed attempts at getting rid of charities. gently caress the person who sent those death threats.

Fluo fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Aug 29, 2014

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Oh Shiiiiiiii

Zoe Quinn and TFYC announce a truce. Maybe now the games media will drop the media blackout which, for the past week, has prevented a charity event from receiving the attention it needs.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

The Taint Reaper posted:

If you play videogames and your wife doesn't give a gently caress then you've beaten misogyny/white privilege

:smug:

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Maxwell Adams posted:

Oh Shiiiiiiii

Zoe Quinn and TFYC announce a truce. Maybe now the games media will drop the media blackout which, for the past week, has prevented a charity event from receiving the attention it needs.

I think it'll get buried under PAX for the time being. :(

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006

Maxwell Adams posted:

Oh Shiiiiiiii

It would've been nice to see some sort of apology from Zoe as she did end up being the main ringleader in screwing this entire event up. Simply because she took offence to something she didn't fully understand.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

I can't access this for some reason. Could I get a quote or tldr?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Text mountains hate before comments and I don’t care about it at all. There’s so much of it words without punctuation or you should pick up a dictionary once in a while. I have no idea why there’s even a discussion about what is or isn’t right when people are telling other people they want to drink blood from their cunts, because we all had mummies and daddies probably don’t want to exclude all the people that didn’t have mummies and daddies I’ll make a donation to the orphan fund ice bucket and we all went to school and probably all know what right and wrong is. In fact, you do all know what right and wrong is by law you’re all over fourteen. I think.

Acres of words from writers searching desperation in their souls it’s over this is how the world views triple-A no one cares. The wringing moaning guttering candles foreheads on keys and the tears of frustration. Why can’t they see, these poor, blind fools? We’re a few dozen people talking about a few hundred people who are complete loving idiots and will go to jail someday God willing social justice. We have to fight against it and we do and we should diversity of course we should but the entire games industry is so revoltingly sexist that it’s easy to feel there’s no hope these shoot and shoot wallpaper stop the sex trafficking. We will fight the fight, march on our little fingers entwined together tapping goosestepping toward the cratered horizon. Do you honestly think any of this is going to be better in five years? In ten?

Potential solutions mais non that wouldn’t work these people don’t listen not even they really care look at that insane video those men wanted to make I mean what not even two hundred backers. That’s how much they care. They don’t care. Why do you even talk to them? We all sit in our stupid little soundroom and shout at each other and we’re just the head of a pin in a pin factory. None of this matters apart from the illegal aspects and the games themselves cars and guns how’s that going to change? Come back in twenty.

“Everyone’s leaving the final whimper as women finally, obviously, gloriously, kick the two loving puppies to death and set fire to the trousers.”

I have barely any idea what games journalism even is model evaporated games writing ego massager adverts in both writing and product sales and the remnants eating themselves head of a pin. Go write a loving preview. Let’s do the news. Little dogs fighting over the remains torn cloth poo poo-strewn London park two Pekingese tugging at a pair of child’s jeans icy sky fag packets in the reeds. We’re all old now. Where are they going video. Everyone’s leaving the final whimper as women finally, obviously, gloriously, kick the two loving puppies to death and set fire to the trousers. Kill the loving dogs. Stamp on their loving skulls and pop their loving eyes.

The death of an identity SJW game journalists what I don’t understand go away people play Call of Duty GTA avatar people call me love, you know, blow me kisses every time I see you you look uglier. Come on, love, come in my car air thrusting not sure how to respond you’ll be pleased to know Pat plays as a woman never seen anything like this. Death threat. Online abuse. Flee home. FBI. La culture geek est avant tout une contre-culture. It’s the end, the teetering restaurant on the edge of the universe at time time a trillion trillion stars sucking white flashes the two hyperfine levels of the ground state of the caesium 133 atom tear themselves apart lovely jeans a billion shards in a billion warehouses hot fusion empty, fizzing grey. Not black.

A pinhead in a pin factory. Two lovely dogs yapping in a park.

Supernorn posted:

It would've been nice to see some sort of apology from Zoe as she did end up being the main ringleader in screwing this entire event up. Simply because she took offence to something she didn't fully understand.

yeah, haha. You can hear the guy's teeth grinding together at trying to be diplomatic but

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006

poptart_fairy posted:

yeah, haha. You can hear the guy's teeth grinding together at trying to be diplomatic but

I'm sure he's fine, I worry about his fridge though.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

i read every post in this thread ama

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I worry about the bones in his hand.

Jesto
Dec 22, 2004

Balls.

Supernorn posted:

We all make mistakes, sometimes you just gotta let that stuff go.

Like, I remember the time I made a mistake that crippled a charity devoted to the same thing I devote my life to, endangered the owner's job, made their business partners abandon them and cost them $10,000 out of pocket to the point where they had to grovel to 4chan for money.

Haven't we all been there before? :shobon:

Fluo
May 25, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAHdntHbPM8
Was uploaded 18hours ago so sorry if its already been posted. I'm enjoying TFYC women in video game industry series. :)

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Jesto posted:

We all make mistakes, sometimes you just gotta let that stuff go.

Like, I remember the time I made a mistake that crippled a charity devoted to the same thing I devote my life to, endangered the owner's job, made their business partners abandon them and cost them $10,000 out of pocket to the point where they had to grovel to 4chan for money.

Haven't we all been there before? :shobon:

Let he who has never attempted to ruin a charity and the lives of others for selfish reasons cast the first burger.

Hayburner
Jan 29, 2005

hi

Baller Time posted:

It will be over soon

will it?

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
She's actually profited quite a bit after all of this.

Welp I guess I better give up on this whole being a decent productive member of society crap.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

I am nearly fat enough to have this tattooed.
Banksy should graffiti this somewhere.

Mattjpwns
Dec 14, 2006

In joyful strains then let us sing
ADVANCE AUSTRALIA FUCKED

Most sensible thing that's been written about this whole thing yet. Thank gently caress.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Mattjpwns posted:

Most sensible thing that's been written about this whole thing yet. Thank gently caress.

Lol if you've read the whole thing.

matty6678
Jul 4, 2012

Paladinus posted:

Lol if you've read the whole thing.

Have read OP and some related articles and am trying work out why to care

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

matty6678 posted:

Have read OP and some related articles and am trying work out why to care

I just skipped to the bottom and I assume the whole thing was abou frames per second and i agree

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Maybe the TFYC guy is going to be #6.

Nion
Jun 8, 2008

This whole controversy can be abstracted as a machine that transfers all of my positive opinions of all other video game media people over to TotalBiscuit.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

quote:

When I started gaming at the age of 3 years old I couldn't have imagined any of this. 27 years later I'm 30

I beg everyone: learn to write well. This is bloody bollocks, mate.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Soag posted:

you loving nerds

there's been like three dozen low effort tumbleweeds bouncing through this thread already dude

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

So if Zoe is appearing at PAX, don't the Penny Arcade guys have their own reputation for stirring hilarious foot-in-mouth drama at their con?

:unsmigghh:

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

Maxwell Adams posted:

Oh Shiiiiiiii

Just a reminder, these guys wrote these because a fat woman with dumb hair who is a "game dev" despite never making a single game cheated on her boyfriend who threw a hissy fit and caused people to notice she is a unskilled cock gobbler who ruins charity events and has a tiny kitchen.

Take that for what you will.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Strategic Tea posted:

So if Zoe is appearing at PAX, don't the Penny Arcade guys have their own reputation for stirring hilarious foot-in-mouth drama at their con?

:unsmigghh:

I really doubt they'll comment on it, they've been getting better about not stirring poo poo up that doesn't need to be stirred up

Pretty much what you can expect out of PAX is someone seriously crossing a line and harassing Zoe in some way that gets a lot more boring sanctimonious articles written

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
I... I had a dream about having sex with a dorky girl last night. When I woke up, I realized that it was an idealized version of Zoe. I feel so filthy now...

Also, I noticed that "Chelsea Van Valkenburg" worked as a security guard at Saint Rose College according to her LinkedIn, which gave an award to Thomas Van Valkenburg back in the 70's. I suspect that her dad was a prominent alumnus who got her that job.

• Locked thread