Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
As a pure wrestler, I'd say that AJ is inferior to Beth, Mickie, Natalya, and maybe Paige. As a complete package of in-ring talent, charisma and popularity, I'd have her at the top of that list, by a pretty significant margin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Does Lita count because I thought Lita was real cool.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Lita's only notable promo was when she announced she was retiring, leading everyone else to wonder why the hell she wasn't that good on the mic before. She also introduced the whale tail to WWF fashion in 2000. Total package argument semantics aside, yes she was pretty cool - not to mention the best foil for Trish in that godforsaken era of women's wrestling.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Layla and Michelle McCool might not have been the best at wrestling (though they were better than they were given credit for), but their heeling was off the charts and they were so, so, so good at it :allears:

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

In my mind I think of Lita as a contemporary to Trish because their retirements were very close to one another. If you want to say that she's post-Trish, then yeah, nobody even comes close. Lita was massively popular on a level that none of the current roster could get to even if WWE was inclined to let them.

Also I want to echo Jerusalem; LayCool was a great, great act.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Laycool and Nattie/Phoenix ("Pinup Strong") were good heel teams, with the problem of NO LEGIT FACE CHALLENGERS. The only good feud either had was with each other (including a good divas table match).

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Golden Bee posted:

Nattie/Phoenix ("Pinup Strong")

They were called the "Divas of Doom." :colbert:

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008
Funny thing is, I enjoyed the MCU Park show hella more than some of the Hammerstein shows just because of the atmosphere and the view!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

This might be more terrifying and violent than any single suplex Brock gave Cena last week.

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

I'm trying to figure out what he's doing with his mouth and I have no idea.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Luneshot posted:

he just realized he's responsible for his twitter

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

armoredgorilla posted:

Randy rules so much when he's allowed to just be a total shitheel.

A lot of guys are "rear end in a top hat because he's a heel". Orton's actually "heel because he's an rear end in a top hat", which is somehow surprisingly rare.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Gaz-L posted:

This might be more terrifying and violent than any single suplex Brock gave Cena last week.

It's almost like they've realised that they have a character with Cesaro-like strength in Jack Swagger except he's handily not foreign.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Luneshot posted:

I got some serious Nature Boy vibes right now. :stare:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The Goog posted:

In my mind I think of Lita as a contemporary to Trish because their retirements were very close to one another. If you want to say that she's post-Trish, then yeah, nobody even comes close. Lita was massively popular on a level that none of the current roster could get to even if WWE was inclined to let them.

Also I want to echo Jerusalem; LayCool was a great, great act.
Lita and Trish both debuted and retired within months of each other. They're as contemporary as they could get without having identical times working for WWE.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Luneshot posted:

He's been given the Festus gimmick.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Man, it's weird to remember when Lawler was an awesome dickhead and not...whatever he became in WWE.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.

Illinois Smith posted:

It's DDT, they had their big Sumo Hall show last weekend and this was the usual crazy brawl that went all over the building. The bike is Sanshiro's special weapon.

MiSu & Nakazawa vs Takagi & Kasai

Going back to this, could someone gif Suzuki putting a dude (I don't know which one) in a sleeper hold while they're riding a bike? It starts around 19:30 in that video.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Jerusalem posted:

Okay here's everything then. And by everything I mean some things.

I like how he grabs his beard and the camera gives you the Rowan-eye view

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

My older brother had that look when he'd put me into a hold he saw on TV. I know it well.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

RacistGuidingLight posted:

I like how he grabs his beard and the camera gives you the Rowan-eye view

Haha I wish I had thought of it that way.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Vertigo Ambrosia posted:

Going back to this, could someone gif Suzuki putting a dude (I don't know which one) in a sleeper hold while they're riding a bike? It starts around 19:30 in that video.

First time trying gfycat. The quality took quite a hit, but it's certainly convenient. Here it is (didn't want to link in the thread as it's 18 megs).

http://giant.gfycat.com/AcceptableRedBlackandtancoonhound.gif

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
Can I request the little kid right at the end of Cena winning the match clapping? It's pure magic!

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

DeathChicken posted:

Someone paste Cena's head onto the Triple H shovel gif.

Dunno how hard it would be but I'd like to see it nonetheless.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Some hopefully OK RAW gifs from a almost total shitshow

REPEAT

Hugs can't warm her cold, cold heart

Now ki... oh, read my mind.

YOUR GIMMICK IS MINE

The ropes are there if you just BOlieve

Mah man!

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

I know he botched that real bad, but for some reason his desperate leg-kicking still sold it for me.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.

Ghostpilot posted:

First time trying gfycat. The quality took quite a hit, but it's certainly convenient. Here it is (didn't want to link in the thread as it's 18 megs).

http://giant.gfycat.com/AcceptableRedBlackandtancoonhound.gif

Thanks to both of you!

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

armoredgorilla posted:

I know he botched that real bad, but for some reason his desperate leg-kicking still sold it for me.

It didn't watching live but watching the gif on repeat is reminding me of Sabu's offense in that it was botch-tastic but looked great at the same time.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Props to Kofi for being able to hold him up for that.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

If Bo doesn't claim that bolieving can give you wings, then he's missing a big opportunity.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

The Goog posted:

I always enjoyed Lita when she was hanging around with the Hardys, back when they did less drugs (or at least hid it better). She didn't come off as a tagalong valet, but was clearly there to wrestle, and that deserves respect.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

Claiming this as an avatar.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Hm...

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Simply Dazzling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YEC_7afzuU