Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

How do these people exist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Help Im Alive posted:

Miiverse is comically stupid, pretty much all the time. People say that fishing for dumb comments on Youtube is like shooting fish in a barrel, but Youtube comments seem like a board of geniuses compared to Miiverse.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Miiverse is also literal eight year olds.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
...so even if it's Rhythm Heaven People, Dixie Kong, Ridley, and Mewtwo...

who's the last character???

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Why would Ridley ever be in the game? He's a loser.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Gyra_Solune posted:

Waridley

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Gyra_Solune posted:

Protoman

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Beef Waifu posted:

Why would Ridley ever be in the game? He's a loser.

If the Ridley reveal is anything less than him getting the poo poo beaten out of him by Jigglypuff I'll be disappointed.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Gyra_Solune posted:

Maybe some Mii clones: Xbox Avatars/Playstation Home Clones

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

i was surprised when this actually gave me a google result

haven't seen this render before, Waridley confirmed

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
Shulk's unveiling video is titled "Looks like we don't have a choice!"

Is that a cheeky jab at the leak, or some super obscure Xenoblade reference?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Fancy Hat! posted:

Shulk's unveiling video is titled "Looks like we don't have a choice!"

Is that a cheeky jab at the leak, or some super obscure Xenoblade reference?

Shulk can say that sometimes when you start attacking an enemy that's higher leveled than you.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Help Im Alive posted:

I dunno he may have a point

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

JordanKai posted:

So, this is interesting:

They're releasing a double pack for Smash Bros 3DS that includes two copies of a game at a discounted price. For all the lovebirds and best buds out there! :buddy:

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/236167-smash-bros-3ds-europe-receiving-double-pack-two-copies-bundled-for-discounted-price

Auuugh, is this coming to the US too. I've already paid off my pre-order for 2 copies, I've been trolled.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Macaluso posted:

I dunno he may have a point

uncanny

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
So Shulk is Lil Mac's son, right?

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
Oh come the gently caress on I couldn't sleep until 4:30 AM and the second I finally do, they announce loving everything including a new 3DS and Shulk and Xenoblade 3D?

Does Shulk's voice clips sound really kinda weird to anyone else? Only in the CGI part, something about his voice just seems...off.

Everything else is awesome, goddamn we have Xenoblade music and stages in Smash Bros

So Metal Face "confirmed" as a stage boss? As much as Ridley is :v:

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
Shulk you're never going to capture the glory of "It's Reyn time" but an A for effort I guess.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I see there have been hundreds of posts over the night shift and find that Sakurai has basically commented on competitive v. casual and worry that all the posts are going to be bad posts, then there's the Shulk trailer and and announcement that they're making an updated 3DS, plus more footage, some Amiiba news. Thank you, Nintendo.

drat though, I just bought a 3DS for my fiance. Maybe I can get the new version for myself later, in a million years. I'm putting all of the Amiibloos on my Christmas list now. I love Smash. I love the weird anime swordman from the game I didn't play, he looks cool. I love life.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Wild Knight posted:

So Metal Face "confirmed" as a stage boss? As much as Ridley is :v:

Nah man they teased him just like they did Dark Pit, playable Metal Face confirmed

Bicyclops posted:

I see there have been hundreds of posts over the night shift and find that Sakurai has basically commented on competitive v. casual and worry that all the posts are going to be bad posts, then there's the Shulk trailer and and announcement that they're making an updated 3DS, plus more footage, some Amiiba news. Thank you, Nintendo.

drat though, I just bought a 3DS for my fiance. Maybe I can get the new version for myself later, in a million years. I'm putting all of the Amiibloos on my Christmas list now. I love Smash. I love the weird anime swordman from the game I didn't play, he looks cool. I love life.

are you going to be that guy who spells a word wrong in constantly different "hilarious" ways because he thinks the word is dumb? because you shouldn't try to be that guy

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Why is Shulk in this game and not Reyn? I've only played like four hours of Xenoblade and I can already tell he's the better character.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Beef Waifu posted:

Why is Shulk in this game and not Reyn? I've only played like four hours of Xenoblade and I can already tell he's the better character.

The world just isn't ready for non-stop eternal Reyn Time.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Wild Knight posted:

Does Shulk's voice clips sound really kinda weird to anyone else? Only in the CGI part, something about his voice just seems...off.

It sounds like instead of recording new lines, they just reused voice clips from the game for the trailer. So get ready to hear Shulk say "Now it's Shulk time!" as a taunt or victory quote or something

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
Don't give a poo poo about Super Smash Bros, but insanely glad Shulk and Xenoblade get the recognition they deserve. Insanely good game.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
Still though...Amiibos for like 13 bucks each feels kind of pricey especially since they're like mainstream products and not weird feelies like those Palkia and Dialga styluses. That means getting two-inch non-moving figurines that only provide vague data towards AI opponents for every character in the game will cost more than six hundred bucks. And that's not even considering if they decide to do that for the alt costumes too.

The price of an entire new console for a bunch of accessories for, at best, a handful of games strikes me as odd. Especially since they probably don't contain data in themselves for the things they provide if they're for future games, implying that they're more of a key than anything.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I suppose I should go finish Xenoblade now that i'm gonna be playing Sexy Shulk in Smash.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Gyra_Solune posted:

Still though...Amiibos for like 13 bucks each feels kind of pricey especially since they're like mainstream products and not weird feelies like those Palkia and Dialga styluses. That means getting two-inch non-moving figurines that only provide vague data towards AI opponents for every character in the game will cost more than six hundred bucks.

:goonsay:

The price of collecting most things is generally going to run into the "loving expensive" end of things. Just pick the two or three (or 5 :v:) trinkets you actually want instead of an entire set.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Gyra_Solune posted:

Still though...Amiibos for like 13 bucks each feels kind of pricey especially since they're like mainstream products and not weird feelies like those Palkia and Dialga styluses. That means getting two-inch non-moving figurines that only provide vague data towards AI opponents for every character in the game will cost more than six hundred bucks. And that's not even considering if they decide to do that for the alt costumes too.

The price of an entire new console for a bunch of accessories for, at best, a handful of games strikes me as odd. Especially since they probably don't contain data in themselves for the things they provide if they're for future games, implying that they're more of a key than anything.

I don't think you're expected to buy them all, that seems like a weird waste of money. I'm gonna buy Link and Samus because they're my two favourite Nintendo characters and I'd guess most people interested in amiibo would probably be doing the same thing

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

pfft I could get a skylander for under half that price

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Gyra_Solune posted:

Still though...Amiibos for like 13 bucks each feels kind of pricey especially since they're like mainstream products and not weird feelies like those Palkia and Dialga styluses. That means getting two-inch non-moving figurines that only provide vague data towards AI opponents for every character in the game will cost more than six hundred bucks.

Yes but no one is going to do this except crazy people. I'm probably going to get a bunch of these little guys but I'm not going to go out of my way to get statues of characters I hate just to have more AIs to train.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Gyra_Solune posted:

It's pretty par for the course for NFC figures though, isn't it? They're just pricing competitively.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

I don't think you're expected to buy them all, that seems like a weird waste of money. I'm gonna buy Link and Samus and make them kiss because they're my two favourite Nintendo characters and I'd guess most people interested in amiibo would probably be doing the same thing

Same

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
So who the gently caress was the hovering shadow guy at the end of that trailer?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Gyra_Solune posted:

Skylanders and Disney Infinity figures are at the same price-point as Amiibos, so I think they're just trying to copy an established toy formula here. The market is clearly okay with buying them at this price.

They're pretty decently sized, too. And look really nice. I don't think Nintendo expects anyone to buy them all (well, maybe a few) and Sakurai said at E3 he recommends people only buy one or two of their favorite characters.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Bottom Liner posted:

So who the gently caress was the hovering shadow guy at the end of that trailer?

Metal Face, a gloriously-voiced early antagonist in Xenoblade.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bottom Liner posted:

Black Face

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Bottom Liner posted:

Metal Face. Please play Xenoblade Chronicles.

Again, I don't even care about this game, but this song better be in it. Would be the best fight theme for this game ever.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Kelp Plankton posted:

Skylanders and Disney Infinity figures are at the same price-point as Amiibos, so I think they're just trying to copy an established toy formula here. The market is clearly okay with buying them at this price.

They're pretty decently sized, too. And look really nice. I don't think Nintendo expects anyone to buy them all (well, maybe a few) and Sakurai said at E3 he recommends people only buy one or two of their favorite characters.

If everybody just buys their favorites, it will be very interesting to see which ones end up selling the best.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
To me they looked somewhat smaller than Skylanders, I remember those being things you could probably grab and whack people with the base of, but Amiibos looks substantially tinier since they fit onto a corner of a gamepad instead of their own dedicated plug-in platform thingy. The figures themselves look to be about one to two inches tall, as opposed to the four I often see with their competitors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Gyra_Solune posted:

You don't have to buy them all you sad sperglord.

• Locked thread