Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Folt The Bolt posted:

Shulk getting in is great! Him bringing along the best party members for the ride as assists (or something) is even greater! The fact that he appears to have a stance system going on is the greatest! And then there's his alt... :allears:

If the rumor is true that each character has 8 alts then it's kinda somewhat possible we'll see an Alvis or even Dunban skin or something similar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Cleretic posted:

I'm not entirely sure what he means there either. Is it because he's a type of character from a type of game that doesn't translate well? Is it because Monolith Soft's position is kinda weird so they probably had to start development on him before they got bought by Nintendo? Is it because, like Roy, he's there to advertise something coming, rather than/in addition to something already here?

Or is it just because he's British?

It's because he's a yellow haired anime swordsman!

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Cleretic posted:

Is it because, like Roy, he's there to advertise something coming, rather than/in addition to something already here?

Shulk may not necessarily be involved in the next game, (Xenoblade Chronicles X) unless you were talking about the Xenoblade remake. I suppose it does introduce more people to the Xeno series though.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Dunban posted:

That's my thinking. Although Sharla really isn't that important / popular and the other one is a walking spoiler.

Look at how Brawl treated Mother 3. Being a spoiler has never stopped them.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Good news, Final Destination variants seem to even be available for past stages.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Cleretic posted:

I'm not entirely sure what he means there either. Is it because he's a type of character from a type of game that doesn't translate well? Is it because Monolith Soft's position is kinda weird so they probably had to start development on him before they got bought by Nintendo? Is it because, like Roy, he's there to advertise something coming, rather than/in addition to something already here?

I think it's because Shulk is the LEAST iconic character revealed so far, in that he's a niche British JRPG dude from a game that only came out in select regions. Just glance anywhere that people are talking about his reveal trailer and see how many people are saying "literally who?"

Carrasco posted:

Look at how Brawl treated Mother 3. Being a spoiler has never stopped them.

Anyone who considers Porky / N.P.C. a spoiler, like, really? As soon as you see the Pigmasks in Mother 3, it's obvious who is behind everything.

KamikazePotato
Jun 28, 2010
This was the best thing to wake up to.

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

People call me Pine! (Pine!)
Eastern Venus Space Police.
If there's slime, (There's slime!)
Involved in a crime, (Bad crime!)
We'll clean them up on the beat! (The beat!)

Excels posted:

I think it's because Shulk is the LEAST iconic character revealed so far, in that he's a niche British JRPG dude from a game that only came out in select regions. Just glance anywhere that people are talking about his reveal trailer and see how many people are saying "literally who?"

Anyone who considers Porky / N.P.C. a spoiler, like, really? As soon as you see the Pigmasks in Mother 3, it's obvious who is behind everything.

His trophy spoils his mother dying and his brother going missing, then being turned into the enemy.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Champeenship posted:

One of the Japanese ads shows the all-star main lobby. Looks like it's separated by individual first appearence or system now.

Also deconfirms Ridley for good, since he would need to be unlocked and would be in this same group.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Magypsy posted:

His trophy spoils his mother dying and his brother going missing, then being turned into the enemy.

All of which happens in literally the first 20 minutes.

DrPaper posted:

Also deconfirms Ridley for good, since he would need to be unlocked and would be in this same group.

We don't need more of this "Ridley confirmed/deconfirmed" poo poo yet. Just wait another week for a full roster leak.

Excels fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Aug 29, 2014

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

People call me Pine! (Pine!)
Eastern Venus Space Police.
If there's slime, (There's slime!)
Involved in a crime, (Bad crime!)
We'll clean them up on the beat! (The beat!)

Excels posted:

Yeah, but that totally ruins the impact of the game's beginning

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

DrPaper posted:

Shouldn't Duck Hunt Dog also be in that group?

EDIT: Blehhhh, that's 1985, not 1983 like I thought it was.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Excels posted:

The first part maybe, but Claus isn't revealed as the enemy until endgame.

And even if it's obvious that Porky is the enemy, New Pork City doesn't necessarily follow, and it's the last place in the game. For that matter, the Ultimate Chimera takes a while to show up as well.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Magypsy posted:

Yeah, but that totally ruins the impact of the game's beginning

Earthbound/Mother 3:

Yeah, going from happy-go-lucky "Yeah with the power of friendship everything's going to be alright!" attitude of Earthbound immediately to "Your wife and kid are dead, there's nothing you could have done, and it's only going to get worse" is a pretty extreme tone shift.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Dark Link was going to be a separate character, but Shulk had other plans:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

DrPaper posted:

It deconfirms Pit and Palutena too.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Basically like I suggested earlier, anyone who is sitting on their thumbs waiting for more Smash info should just go play/finish Mother 3 because it's awesome and not very difficult.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

KamikazePotato posted:

This was the best thing to wake up to.

Duck Hunt Dog would have been better.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Rhonne posted:

Dark Link was going to be a separate character, but Shulk had other plans:

I dunno, he'd still end up separate after this.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

TheKingofSprings posted:

It deconfirms Pit and Palutena too.

Wait are the fighters in all star mode organized by seniority?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

THE loving MOON posted:

It would appear so based upon that single screen capture.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

THE loving MOON posted:

The All-Star image shows characters and the years they debuted, so I assumed so.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Kid Icarus came out in '87 though.

fake edit apparently it came out in Japan in December '86. So Pit and Palutena would be in the 1986-1987 room I guess!!

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
I'm still wondering how Assists are going to play into All-star, he mentioned that all the way back in the direct and never brought it up again.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Welp, didn't look closely enough. :v:

That's pretty cool

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cleretic posted:

It's cause Nintendo doesn't really make gigantic JRPGs. The closest thing they have is Fire Emblem. That's the only point.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cleretic posted:

There's already a British character in though: Diddy Kong. My guess is that he means he's a kind of obscure JRPG guy, but hey he already put Marth and Roy in Melee even though Fire Emblem wasn't even a thing over here at the time, so he's got past form.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

All-Star is going to be interesting, since we can see there that they're doing it on a per-character debut basis and not a franchise debut basis. Which means you fight Zelda early on, but then Sheik much later. And Bowser Jr is seperated from his dad by a really wide gap of time.

If the Koopa Kids costume thing is legit, I hope we get a 'Team Koopa' challenge where you fight all seven of them, three at a time. Hell, throw Jr and Bowser at the end of it as a duo and make it an Event Match.

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Aug 29, 2014

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8sPIeLZ6eE

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

What a difference a missing letter makes

iron sheik confirmed

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

sout posted:

unless you were talking about the Xenoblade remake.

It's just a port.

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

Beef Waifu posted:

Now Nintendo please announce Edea.

I know this is from pages ago, but please http://youtu.be/Ug88HO2mg44

sout
Apr 24, 2014

less laughter posted:

It's just a port.

Yep, you're right.

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013
I just thought the difference Sakurai was talking about with Shulk was his Monado Powers and being able to switch between them

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

sinking belle posted:

Kid Icarus came out in '87 though.

fake edit apparently it came out in Japan in December '86. So Pit and Palutena would be in the 1986-1987 room I guess!!

Which probably doesn't exist. :v:

I mean, I don't care about Ridley personally, but we have one screenshot to go off of here, and it goes by Japanese release date judging by Samus. I wouldn't be using it as evidence for much of anything.

E: So wait, Xenoblade's coming to 3ds as a remake? That owns, I was thinking about picking it up soon anyways.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
...actually. If they really are uniformly doing All-Star in rooms of 5 by character date introduction, enough sperging means, if there truly is a Final Five yet to be revealed, we can figure them out.

This is obviously missing people we know but it's simple enough. The last room would likely be full of people from the gap at the end, considering that's Lucina, Robin, Dark Pit, Palutena, and Shulk. Lack of Lucas entails the one prior to that would be Rosalina, WFT, Ike, Lucario, and ZSS. And so on and so forth.

...except now I realize I forgot Greninja and that would definitely be in the last group so maybe it's not how it appears. I have no idea.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
So apparently getting Smash for 3DS and Wii U scores you a soundtrack from Club Nintendo.

That's like saying to us "buying both Pokemon X and Pokemon Y will score you [insert prize here]"

I don't see the point.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Slur posted:

So apparently getting Smash for 3DS and Wii U scores you a soundtrack.

That's like saying to us "buying both Pokemon X and Pokemon Y will score you [insert prize here]"

I don't see the point.

They know people will double dip because the 3DS one comes out several months earlier, so the bonus is nice.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gyra_Solune posted:

...actually. If they really are uniformly doing All-Star in rooms of 5 by character date introduction, enough sperging means, if there truly is a Final Five yet to be revealed, we can figure them out.

This is obviously missing people we know but it's simple enough. The last room would likely be full of people from the gap at the end, considering that's Lucina, Robin, Dark Pit, Palutena, and Shulk. Lack of Lucas entails the one prior to that would be Rosalina, WFT, Ike, Lucario, and ZSS. And so on and so forth.

...except now I realize I forgot Greninja and that would definitely be in the last group so maybe it's not how it appears. I have no idea.

/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

The Final Five are a myth and false prophets. Duck Hunt Dog is our true lord and savior in these trying times

• Locked thread